◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
There is a good chance that I could lose power tonight while racing. We have had three seperate outages today so I wanted to give everyone a heads up that this may be an issue. If I vanish from the room, please do not wait any amount of time for me because I won't be back quickly.

Hi, I signed up earlier in the year but was force to pull out. I would like to know whether or not I would be able to hop back in now that my schedule is as free as a bird :D. LR-L2L-xDriFtZz

Hey ProtegeDrifter,

Welcome back! Glad to hear you have some free time now 👍

We run a clean league by enforcing the GTP OLR and we highly encourage all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become familiar with both.

I'll add you to the drivers list, you'll be starting in Division 3. If you can't make it on a Sunday, please be sure to give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it makes things much simpler for us, thanks.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Hey I'm interested in joining SNAIL now I have enough free time to do it

Hey MLR_DAnGeR_KiiD,

Glad to hear you can race with us now, looking forward to getting on track with you.

We run a clean league by enforcing the GTP OLR and we highly encourage all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become familiar with both.

I'll add you to the drivers list, you'll be starting in Division 3. If you can't make it on a Sunday, please be sure to give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it makes things much simpler for us, thanks.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Sigh...

I was in first place in D2. My internet cut out for no apparent reason during race 5. Upon getting dropped, GT5 froze up. It took nearly 10 minutes to get the internet going again and log back into GT5. Then GT5 froze while loading. Now I'm in GT5 but can't get back into the room...

GT5 ruined father's day...

Last edited:
Sigh...

I was in first place in D2. My internet cut out for no apparent reason during race 5. Upon getting dropped, GT5 froze up. It took nearly 10 minutes to get the internet going, again and log back into GT5. Then GT5 froze while loading. Now I'm in GT5 but can't get back into the room...

Crap, technology fail doh :(

I feel for you Ap!

Seems everyone had connection issues tonight but me...

That's right, I said it.

I STAYED CONNECTED ALL NIGHT! WOO!

The moral of the story is either:

Comcast sucks
OR
My router sucks

Specifically, Comcast has terrible servers of my router has a terrible DNS sorting function. Either way, I don't care. WOO!

Wins almost half the races.

Comes in second to last.

Thanks time warner cable!

Seriously though, fun stuff, was hoping to pop into D2 for some stiffer competition but it was a great time nonetheless. See you guys again soon.

Sigh...

I was in first place in D2. My internet cut out for no apparent reason during race 5. Upon getting dropped, GT5 froze up. It took nearly 10 minutes to get the internet going again and log back into GT5. Then GT5 froze while loading. Now I'm in GT5 but can't get back into the room...

My sympathy as well. Before all the connection issues, we found each other once again. I have to look over the replays and I am really hoping I didn't cause you any harm this week. I am starting to really enjoy racing you and hope things get better!! I can't believe how fast some of you guys are... Round 5 had me about 45 seconds behind the leader... How cool is that! (Not so much for me but for the lead drivers!) Someday I will figure out how to beat you guys, but until then, great racing and thanks for a great end to a great Fathers Day!!

(Great)

Last edited:
Wins almost half the races.

Comes in second to last.

Thanks time warner cable!

Seriously though, fun stuff, was hoping to pop into D2 for some stiffer competition but it was a great time nonetheless. See you guys again soon.
I had had the same problem for the last few weeks. If you would like any tips on improving your connection I might be able to help. I changed about a million things and it's quite possible only one of them will fix the issues you had tonight.

Though I suppose I shouldn't be too quick to assume all my problems are gone. I may have the same issues next week, but I'm glad to have at least had one week of racing.

Here are the official results from our league night on June 17th, 2012. This is our seventh week of using the PERFECT 100 points system.

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. Mighty_mopar ------ selected Prize A
  2. jlbowler ------------ selected Prize B
  3. AJK-VAIL ---------- selected Prize C
  4. ADR_BRONCO ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. AG07WRXTR ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. tcrash15 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Nic-KL ------------- did not submit a vote
  9. whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. zer05ive ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. GTP_esh ----------- did not submit a vote
  • M1SS-D3V10US ---- DNR with advanced notice
  • DrKronin ----------- DNR with advanced notice
  • kcheeb ------------ DNR with advanced notice

Division 2
  1. ND_4_SPD_Naruto -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  2. spooble ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. rallywgn81 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Apmaddock -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Skills_19657 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  • tezgm99 ----------- DNR with advanced notice
  • Psycho-Tuber ------ DNR with advanced notice
  • GTP_BeRandom ----- DNR with advanced notice
  • leadbedr ----------- no-showed but provided explanation later
  • iceburgeson -------- no-showed without notice
  • GTP_STRUNS109 --- no-showed without notice
  • ChuthuluGoat ------- no-showed without notice

Division 3
  1. GTP_dylansan ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  2. rofajole ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. imtomtomim -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. moi_2212 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Vol_Jbolaz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. GianDoe ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. nateral00 ---------- did not submit vote
  9. aubdogg ----------- did not submit vote
  • SCREAMING_CHIEF -- DNR with advanced notice
  • no_bull_racin97 ----- DNR with advanced notice
  • jeffandleigh --------- DNR with advanced notice
  • torres_dong -------- DNR with late notice
  • bullseye915 -------- no-showed without notice
  • g-MachineREX ------ no-showed without notice
  • timo_timo666 ------- no-showed without notice
  • racefan78 ---------- no-showed without notice
  • dvdoughboy -------- no-showed without notice
  • Orca1019 ---------- no-showed without notice
  • SeattleTyler -------- no-showed without notice
  • bigbarnesbefast ----- no-showed without notice
  • tcoffin014 ---------- no-showed without notice
  • sand_zaggin -------- no-showed without notice

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63 @Tokyo R246 / Reverse
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since Mighty_mopar selected Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 2 - Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08 @Special State Route 5 / Reverse
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since jlbowler selected Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

AJK-VAIL gets Prize C, so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
Yeah. I added your vote too. Don't know what's going on here, but I know I added it to the spreadsheet.

Snails, it is with much regret that i have to back out from Sunday's league night. Work is getting insanely busy as the Summer in Florida is now in full swing and seems to be soaking up all my extra time. I would love to keep the Divisions on my friends list so that i can jump in whenever available for the week nights. Thanks for the good time and i will hopefully be on the climb again soon!

Hey zer0,

torres_dong did provide short notice. Could you update the results post when you get a chance, thanks 👍

Snails, it is with much regret that i have to back out from Sunday's league night. Work is getting insanely busy as the Summer in Florida is now in full swing and seems to be soaking up all my extra time. I would love to keep the Divisions on my friends list so that i can jump in whenever available for the week nights. Thanks for the good time and i will hopefully be on the climb again soon!

Hey reperez915,

I'll move you to the Associate S.N.A.I.L. section.

Too bad you can't race Sundays anymore. Just let us know when you can.

Negative. That must be the final results spreadsheet, as there are no results from last night in it, yet. But obviously last night's results are somewhere. :)

Right you are!

Vol usually copies the spreadsheet from the 'master' to the public doc, I'm sure he'll have the sheets copied some time today.

Is it urgent for you to see spooble?

Hehe. Yeah. I finished 1st (+pole), 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, dropped out of the fifth race and didn't get into the sixth.

I finished in fifth place. If my internet hadn't decided to take a ten minute break there's a good chance that I would have won!

Of course, Naruto really deserves the win. He missed the first race then dominated the rest.

Actually…now that I look at it, I think the preliminaries are wrong. You started race 4 but were disconnected, right, Spooble? If so, you would have finished in second place (and me in sixth. grrr.) Perhaps you shouldn't complain. ;)

About those points. When both maddock and spooble got dropped. They both were already in the race. So it was appropriate to put them down as having finished in last place right?

Of course, Naruto really deserves the win. He missed the first race then dominated the rest.
Correct. Naruto is obviously a Div1 driver. In clean air, he's a couple seconds faster than the rest of us.

Actually…now that I look at it, I think the preliminaries are wrong. You started race 4 but were disconnected, right, Spooble? If so, you would have finished in second place (and me in sixth. grrr.) Perhaps you shouldn't complain. ;)

Also correct. And that's really my gripe. I think most would agree that Ap and I are in the upper 1/3 of Div2 as far as speed and consistency are concerned. And for either of us to be in danger of relegation due to connection issues just doesn't seem right.

I've been lucky in the past as far as connection problems go (knock on wood), so this is really the first time I've thought about it. I don't know what the solution is, but I just wanted to open up some dialogue about it. In a poker league that I'm a part of, we determine rank by averaging points per tournament. That way you aren't penalized when you miss tourneys.

Or maybe the current rules work best for us? I just wanted to open a discussion.

Back