◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,812 comments
not a problem iwasn't having the greatest night myself. sure i got a penalty but as in nascar rubbin is racin, if i felt you did it on purpose then i would have filed.
Just one more comment this doesn't meen you can do this all the time, get in control of your car and these types of incidents won't happen. Maybe you should read the rules thru again just as a refresher. Just a suggestion?

Millerhd
Just one more comment this doesn't meen you can do this all the time, get in control of your car and these types of incidents won't happen. Maybe you should read the rules thru again just as a refresher. Just a suggestion?

I got along with jbica in our conversations. I am sorry to see him go out this way, but that is his choice.

I didn't understand the reference to crybaby stuff (race complaints?), but it does not seem to matter.

Good luck to him in finding the group he seeks. (not joking)

WOW!!!! Did I do a big OOPPSS!!!!:ouch:

I was deleting some photos in my Photobucket album and I deleted almost every photo in my album thus causing almost all the photos that I posted to disappear.:dunce::dunce: :banghead:

I am an f ' in dumb ass! I am so very sorry everyone. All that time and work down the drain! I feel terrible!!!:guilty:

Nice set of pics from D1 again tcrash 👍 THANKS!

Sorry to hear about the fatal mistake, wish I could say I haven't done something like that.

Computer: Are you sure?
Me: YES
Me: NNNNNOOOOOOOO

:(

The one person who I thought I would get protest from, didn't... Skillz. In the first two races I bumped him a few time in each race because we were racing hard. The fact that he took that as "just racing" and didn't file a protest or ask me to explain myself to him is why I respect him has a person and a competitor.

Nothing against anyone. Sorry about the cry baby thing, I was wrong... but at the same time, I don't need this. I don't need P.M.'s from people asking me to explain my view on this bump or that. Rubbing is Racing!!! getting the P.M.s asking me to explain myself just Pissed me off. That being said, good luck to everyone, Have Fun at my expense..... and Good Night Now!

The one person who I thought I would get protest from, didn't... Skillz. In the first two races I bumped him a few time in each race because we were racing hard. The fact that he took that as "just racing" and didn't file a protest or ask me to explain myself to him is why I respect him has a person and a competitor.

Nothing against anyone. Sorry about the cry baby thing, I was wrong... but at the same time, I don't need this. I don't need P.M.'s from people asking me to explain my view on this bump or that. Rubbing is Racing!!! getting the P.M.s asking me to explain myself just Pissed me off. That being said, good luck to everyone, Have Fun at my expense..... and Good Night Now!

In all fairness, there is a difference between bumping and sending someone off the course.

In all fairness, there is a difference between bumping and sending someone off the course.

why did you drive down the center of the road when you knew I was faster, then when I tried to pass, you tried to block... door to door hit, you spun out.

why am I still here....

The fact is we do take racing clean seriously and we encourage everyone to file complaints when this driving style is not followed. No one should be surprised when they receive a pm and consider 'rubbin is racin' as their style of driving.

Contact is not an acceptable part of this league, it's everyone's responsibility to call people out if they've been bumped, nudged, pushed, shoved, rammed or whatever off their line. If we don't do this we'll be changing the name of the league and I will no longer be a part of it.

You need to take responsibility for your actions, not throw your toys down and go sulk in the corner. My two cents.

It was a small hit, door to door, you spun, I didn't... Why is that.

why did you drive down the center of the road when you knew I was faster, then when I tried to pass, you tried to block... door to door hit, you spun out.

why am I still here....

Yeah, I don't feel it is appropriate to continue trolling. And while it was my intention to be on the right side of the track, to force you to take me on the outside of the coming turn, it is perfectly fair for you to file a protest with the stewards claiming I was blocking.

If they think I was illegally blocking, then by all means, I'll take the penalty.

Something else that bothers me. Yes, you were faster. You had my draft, and someone behind you bumping you. But nowhere should a driver give up a position just because someone else is faster. Never should a driver ever assume they are entitled to a position because they are faster than the driver in front of them. If you are faster, than it is up to you to make a clean pass. It was my intention to force you to make that pass on the outside of the turn, where it will be harder for you.

It was a small hit, door to door, you spun, I didn't... Why is that.

why am I still here....

I was going to send jbica a PM about this, but I think it's gone past the point of decorum at this point, and honestly I don't understand the attitude. This is the note that I was going to send him, but I think everyone should see it.

"Please don't take racing complaints as personal attacks, but more as constructive criticism. We'd like to be able to resolve these complaints between the drivers, but I think we need to be clearer how drivers should do so.

I know it can seem like you could be going so much faster, but that's the challenge of door to door racing. You will have to hold back and wait for your moment to make a pass. You have to be careful not to push to hard in traffic and be aware that the racing line changes when you're going two wide. It all gets easier every race you do."

If you honestly think that contact is normal in racing, this may not be the league for you. I'm sure there are plenty of dirty leagues available.

Just my opinion & im new to THIS league. Every other Saturday I race in RL, short track oval racing in metric cars & leaf spring camaro's. In oval racing there's gonna be some contact. But people dont realise even the slightest contact can screw up your car in RL. Im just trying to learn some road racing & Sunday I made a few mistakes (Overdrove corner into Goat). & IMO "rubbing" is racing on an OVAL. But at anytime, if you make contact with another car & it hurts their corner or speed then IMO I think you shouldn't overtake them. Road Racing is a different animal & it's too easy to run people off road. I totally get the pm the incident thing & I'm pleased with how the league is ran.When you run a league, you must enforce clean racing somehow guys. Now back to changing rearends, sorry if this is confusing just chiefed:dopey:

I was going to send jbica a PM about this, but I think it's gone past the point of decorum at this point, and honestly I don't understand the attitude. This is the note that I was going to send him, but I think everyone should see it.

"Please don't take racing complaints as personal attacks, but more as constructive criticism. We'd like to be able to resolve these complaints between the drivers, but I think we need to be clearer how drivers should do so.

I know it can seem like you could be going so much faster, but that's the challenge of door to door racing. You will have to hold back and wait for your moment to make a pass. You have to be careful not to push to hard in traffic and be aware that the racing line changes when you're going two wide. It all gets easier every race you do."

If you honestly think that contact is normal in racing, this may not be the league for you. I'm sure there are plenty of dirty leagues available.

I couldn't have set it better myself, but that doesn't mean I didn't try! Here's the PM that I did send to jbica yesterday at 12:58pm Central time:

jbica,
Please watch the replay and let Vol know whether you concede the penalty or if you don't agree that it was a penalty. Either way, please don't take any offense to the penalty process. It is simply in place to have an organized and streamlined way to resolve disputes on the track. It's nothing personal at all, so please don't look at it that way. :)

Thanks,
zer0

He obviously didn't take my advice..

Okay, some spreadsheet-foo to report...

In the SNAIL Results spreadsheet, there are three new sheets, in addition to the three that we copy in every week. These three are sheets are titled '2012.07 D1', '2012.07 D2', and '2012.07 D3'.

These are the running total for the entire month, so at the end of the month, we will be able to heap praise on those that have been consistent and fast enough to prove themselves. For each month, we will be dropping your lowest single week. This means that those that had to miss a week won't be penalized as heavily.

WARNING! Grammar Nazi incoming!

So, do you practice kung-foo?

No, it is kung-fu. As to computerRelatedActivity-fu/foo, I like foo better (as in foo and bar, which oddly enough, can be traced back to FUBAR). I suspect a Google search will give you more coding-fu results than coding-foo, but still...

I likes what me likes.

Anyone want to try some Cat and Mouse tonight, since there's not much else going on, and we didn't get to yesterday?

photodump for D2 :sly:

Z4 at GVS:
GrandValleySpeedway_1.jpg

With the Olympics coming up, I couldn't resist this shot.
GrandValleySpeedway_8.jpg

The chaos that proved to be turn 1....
GrandValleySpeedway_14.jpg

Me showing I can actually race up front without screwing it up!
GrandValleySpeedway_16.jpg

Elise at Spa:
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_4.jpg

beal leading us through Eau Rouge on lap 1
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_7.jpg

the view of the leaders as seen from 4th place
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_13.jpg

I was having a decent race until I pushed too hard on the left hander at the bottom of the hill
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_14.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_16.jpg

Fezza at Sarthe:
Me bumpdrafting spooble as we tried to make a break for it
CircuitdelaSarthe2009_1.jpg

Tez has engaged driftmode....wait, what? Abort, abooooooooort! :scared:
CircuitdelaSarthe2009_2.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_4.jpg

This proved to be popular as beal got into the act as well
CircuitdelaSarthe2009_5.jpg

Followed by Random and myself teaming up
CircuitdelaSarthe2009_6.jpg

Last edited:
You could be right, it might have been random since you both use the 'GTP' bit at the start :/

Edit: yep, I goofed....it was Random and myself doing the tandem drifting, lol

Last edited:
Yea I think that is me. I do remember getting sideways at that 4th gear turn. If it's red with blue wheels then it's me for sure.

I guess that's a no on Cat and Mouse tonight?

Ah well, I need to catch up on the seasonals anyway.

I have been reading the threads here and like what I see. I am definitely "old school" and long for the days of "Gentlemen Racing". I like the idea of pacing myself and making a clean pass when it is opportune. I am a firm believer in the old adage stating that it is the responsibility of the over-taking car to make the pass without contact and I dislike those who have a "must win at all costs" attitude. That being said, I am definitely a candidate for your league. I received a PSN message today with an invite to check out this link so I did.

However, I am in an unfortunate position .... I just returned from a 9,200 mile road trip only to find out that my mother-in-law was scheduled at the last moment for an emergency surgery and I had to turn around and drive back to Northern California from Georgia. I will be here for the month of July and won't be able to participate until the first week in August. I do have my PS3 with me, but my Playseat and wheel had to stay at home and I suck with a controller so I'm not going to embarrass myself. I would like however, to get "signed up" and purchase any required cars and practice while I'm away.

Looking forward to August :)

I have been reading the threads here and like what I see. I am definitely "old school" and long for the days of "Gentlemen Racing". I like the idea of pacing myself and making a clean pass when it is opportune. I am a firm believer in the old adage stating that it is the responsibility of the over-taking car to make the pass without contact and I dislike those who have a "must win at all costs" attitude. That being said, I am definitely a candidate for your league. I received a PSN message today with an invite to check out this link so I did.

However, I am in an unfortunate position .... I just returned from a 9,200 mile road trip only to find out that my mother-in-law was scheduled at the last moment for an emergency surgery and I had to turn around and drive back to Northern California from Georgia. I will be here for the month of July and won't be able to participate until the first week in August. I do have my PS3 with me, but my Playseat and wheel had to stay at home and I suck with a controller so I'm not going to embarrass myself. I would like however, to get "signed up" and purchase any required cars and practice while I'm away.

Looking forward to August :)

Hey ANFD,

Happy you found us, GTPlanet is a big place :) I hope everything goes well with your mother in law 👍

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

I'll add you to the drivers list. Please run the Time Trial Combination in this post and pm your time to me when you get a chance. The time you send will help us determine which Division you'd be best to start in. We do as much as we can to make sure everyone gets involved in some close, clean racing.

If you can't race on a Sunday, please give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it helps the Sunday Race Directors out.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices here. To avoid duplication of choices, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

See you in August!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen (actually, entirely gentlemen at this point if I am not mistaken…).

Anyway, your good S.N.A.I.L. Stewards have completed their business this week regarding Division 1. There was one incident that was brought to our attention regarding Division 1, as well as another bit that we are looking at, but which will not effect any standings this week.

The protest was levied against ADR_BRONCO for an incident in the last race of the evening. The Stewards deemed this incident to be a Level 4 problem, and we have taken 14 points from Bronco for it. We also noticed one time during that race when he passed through a car that was ghosted, gaining a position. For this another point was penalized.

The result is a loss of 15 points for ADR_BRONCO, as well as four weeks of probation. During this time, any further penalties found against Bronco will be doubled.

This creates a bit of a shakeup on the podium in Division 1.

Nic-KL has been bumped up into first place with 81 points. Congratulations!
Mighty_Mopar takes second, then, with 79, and dabneyd takes third with 71.

However, rofajole of Division 2 had the highest point total for the night at 85, giving him the first prize pick this week.

ChuthuluGoat pulled out an 84 point total in Division 3, giving him the second place prize.

Nic-KL, you get the one that's left over.

Congrats, everyone. Thanks for racing! Wish I could have been there.

This ends the regular review process for the week.

Last edited:
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen (actually, entirely gentlemen at this point if I am not mistaken…).

Anyway, your good S.N.A.I.L. Stewards have completed their business this week regarding Division 1. There was one incident that was brought to our attention regarding Division 1, as well as another bit that we are looking at, but which will not effect any standings this week.

The protest was levied against ADR_BRONCO for an incident in the last race of the evening. The Stewards deemed this incident to be a Level 4 problem, and we have taken 14 points from Bronco for it. We also noticed one time during that race when he passed through a car that was ghosted, gaining a position. For this another point was penalized.

The result is a loss of 15 points for ADR_BRONCO, as well as a four week suspension. During this time, any further penalties found against Bronco will be doubled.

This creates a bit of a shakeup on the podium in Division 1.

Nic-KL has been bumped up into first place with 81 points. Congratulations!
Mighty_Mopar takes second, then, with 79, and dabneyd takes third with 71.

However, rofajole of Division 2 had the highest point total for the night, giving him the first prize pick this week.

ChuthuluGoat pulled out an 84 point total in Division 3, giving him the second place prize.

Nic-KL, you get the one that's left over.

Congrats, everyone. Thanks for racing! Wish I could have been there.

This ends the regular review process for the week.

I believe that should be four weeks of probation and not a four week suspension.

Yes. Thank you. I'll fix that. I thought it sounded funny when I wrote it, but for some reason I didn't consider the fact that it could actually be wrong.

Thanks for signing off on the results, Ap. I've updated the results post as well as the results Google Doc and changed them from "preliminary" to "official".

rofajole, congrats on your number one pick! Please announce your prize selection soon so that Goat can make his pick well before Wednesday night's practice races.

Back