◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,811 comments
dabneyd
Well, you're close. This is a Sunday night league, and we drive a variety of unmodified cars. It's probably safe to say you won't read this though, since it doesn't look like you read any of the rest of the thread.

Haha sorry I was messseged by Snail_SpecRacing to comment here so I just did without reading the thread

I'm trying to find a server and when I do a message comes p that says An error has occurred in the lobby server. [268] Happening to anyone else right now?

Edit: Got it fixed guys, nevermind.

Last edited:
You had me searching through my garage to check which ones I actually did have, dabney :lol:

I have 2 Clio's (#5 and #66) and 1 Lutecia (#5)....and have been having fun testing them today :D

i would like to join your league i am a clean driver and my psn id is gt_precision

Hey GtPrecision,

Good stuff, thanks for joining up 👍

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

I'll add you to the drivers list. Please run the Time Trial Combination in this post and pm your time to me prior to 6:00 P.M. EDT July 14th. The time you send will help us determine which Division you'd be best to start in. We do as much as we can to make sure everyone gets involved in some close, clean racing.

If you can't race on a Sunday, please give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it helps the Sunday Race Directors out.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices here. To avoid duplication of choices, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Well.. for the first time in seven weeks, we're about to race without Spa in the lineup. Love it or hate in GT5, there's no doubt that in real life this track is simply awesome. It's 4.35 miles of epic history nestled in the deep forests of Europe. I was going through some pics of my trip to the 2010 Belgium Grand Prix looking for some cool ones to post for you guys, but this one summed it up the best.. It was taken by a friend right before we were about to leave the track. The race was over and I wanted to take in one last glimpse of Eau Rouge, one of the most famous turns in motorsports. So long Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.. it's been real!

IMG_0493.jpg

zer05ive
Well.. for the first time in seven weeks, we're about to have race without Spa in the lineup. Love it or hate in GT5, there's no doubt that in real life this track is simply awesome. It's 4.32 miles of epic history nestled in the deep forests of Europe. I was going through some pics of my trip to the 2010 Belgium Grand Prix looking for some cool ones to post for you guys, but this one summed up how I feel the most.. It was taken by a friend right before we were about to leave the track. The race was over and I wanted to take in one last glimpse of Eau Rouge, one of the most famous turns in motorsports. So long Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.. it's been real!

That's awesome zer0. More than a little jealous :)

Complete with overcast skies too!

Edit: Oil. I'm an idiot.

This is odd. I have two Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00s – the number 5 and the number 99. Both have 0 miles but the horsepower and PP are rather different.

#5: 293hp/480PP
#99: 307hp/487PP

Wha?

Last edited:
I got a message inviting me to S.N.A.I.L., and it looks interesting so I'll give it a go. How do I go about joining this league?

This is odd. I have two Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00s – the number 5 and the number 99. Both have 0 miles but the horsepower and PP are rather different.

#5: 293hp/480PP
#99: 307hp/487PP

Wha?

Change the oil on #5 and check again...

Yeah. Oil. I'm an idiot.

(You can't break in any UCD car either, as I understand it.)

JazzNine
I got a message inviting me to S.N.A.I.L., and it looks interesting so I'll give it a go. How do I go about joining this league?

Hey jazz nine, I'll post our welcome post in an hour. Away from all the info at the moment.

Welcome.

Apmaddock
Yeah. Oil. I'm an idiot.

(You can't break in any UCD car either, as I understand it.)

UCD cars have miles. I can attest that 0 mile standards from tickets will gain power as they break in.

I haven't tested that online dealership cars are broken in at 0 miles.

I want to claim Spice Orange Metallic body color. Haven't decided wheels yet because I'm running a B-Spec Endurance Race right now, but I'll figure it out tomorrow.

By the way, Vol, Online Dealership cars are broken in. Just an oil change will give them max horsepower.

Hey JazzNine,

Glad you followed up with the message, I think you'll have some fun here :)

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

I'll add you to the drivers list. Please run the Time Trial Combination in this post and pm your time to me prior to 6:00 P.M. EDT July 14th. The time you send will help us determine which Division you'd be best to start in. We do as much as we can to make sure everyone gets involved in some close, clean racing.

If you can't race on a Sunday, please give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it helps the Sunday Race Directors out.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices here. To avoid duplication of choices, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

By the way, Vol, Online Dealership cars are broken in. Just an oil change will give them max horsepower.

So I've heard. Forgive me, but it doesn't make any sense. Mind you, Kaz is a complete moron. Making sense is expecting too much from him.

So I've heard. Forgive me, but it doesn't make any sense. Mind you, Kaz is a complete moron. Making sense is expecting too much from him.

I don't get it any more than anyone else. All I know is that that's the way it works. :indiff:

Great night of prctice! Thanks to everyone that came out.👍👍

Sharkie stopped by for practice and it was nice seeing (hearing) her.:)

I hadn't thought about it much, but you're right. What possible reason was there behind that decision?

It doesn't make sense from a physical standpoint, and making the behavior different from other cars just makes things unnecessarily confusing.

I have a spreadsheet where I keep track of when cars need oil changes and when they're fully broken in, but I haven't been keeping track of which cars are from the OCD, so several of them say they need to be driven 300km when they really don't. It's a bit of a pain in the rear, though one I don't particularly mind since I don't usually care to break in cars unless I need them for something important.

Either way, I have trouble believing Kaz had much to do with this decision. I doubt if every choice about the game has to go directly through him. But someone had some weird logic when they came up with that.

Either way, I have trouble believing Kaz had much to do with this decision. I doubt if every choice about the game has to go directly through him.

True, but he runs it, and he sets the cultural tone. I'm guessing he sets one that is permissive to such silly behaviors. Why have 1000 cars, and 60some are MX-5s? Why have interior views of standards that are completely blacked out, but not have a livery editor? Why have a photomode, but not have a simple studio as an option? Why sort tracks by distance? The list goes on. It is the culture at PD to do things that make no sense, at all.

Back