◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,812 comments
lol I was about to pm you about this...Nice to see you here King!

lol, i have been looking for a spec series for a while couple guys told me about this and i was all about it. Anything to help my racing on differnt tires and help crispen my racecraft even more and make me faster for next years GT Academy. I will be back with a vengence lol. :)

Have one question the arcade mode at laguna when do i have to have that time in by.

I am interested in joining this league. Have been doing alot of spec racing lately and would love keep doing it.

Hey KingBestJr,

Glad you found us and glad you like spec racing, we're partial to it too :)

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

I'll add you to the drivers list. Please run the Time Trial Combination in this post and Private Message your time to my GT Planet account prior to 10:00 P.M. EDT Saturday July 21st. If you're not familiar with running time trials in GT5, this post has an excellent explanation of how to do just that.

The time you send will help us determine which Division you'd be best to start in. We do as much as we can to make sure everyone gets involved in some close, clean racing.

If you can't race on a Sunday, please give us at least 24 hours notice by posting in this forum, it helps the Sunday Race Directors out.

PSN friend requests will be sent to you from SNAIL_Division1, SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3. Their lounges are where we race Sunday night and hold our various events. Here's a breakdown of the ways we use the lounges.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices here. To avoid duplication of choices, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

With the Racing Hard tyres I thought it was very well behaved? I didn't intend to pick anything too difficult and I did run some laps in it before choosing the combo. Hopefully tonight goes ok, which I am hoping to make :).

We have a lot of different skill levels here. So there will be some that have problems and some that are bored.

I haven't driven it, yet, but I've driven her big sister. I can understand spinning it. The engine is behind the driver, and this is not a Ferrari. It isn't as poised. If you don't respect it, it will swap ends. Still, I am excited to give this a try.

I have to say, I'm not excited about the Merc. I want to go on record as saying that I've been playing for over a year, and this is the first Merc that I've purchased. I just don't care for them.

Aside from that, I really want a fun hot hatch or something. I want an race modified EK or Golf or the DC-5. That would be lots of well planted, door-to-door fun.

I ran a 1.36.054 just now compaired to my old 1.37.550 lol I think I need to move up a div:)

I dont think your suppose to tell your times on here. :scared:

Ok i will send you my time in a few gonna run a handful more laps to make sure on my time. thanks.

I dont think your suppose to tell your times on here. :scared:

It's not a big deal and there's no big secret. I just didn't want to force anyone to publicly state their times if they didn't want to.

We post enough data that people can figure out pretty much where they will be if they run some of our past combos :) Granted there's overlap in all of our divisions but that just the nature of the beast :)

I ran a 1.36.054 just now compaired to my old 1.37.550 lol I think I need to move up a div:)

See, S.N.A.I.L. makes you faster :lol:

Nice try 👍

EDIT: And I've now officially posted on two posts divisible by 20 +1 ;) And not made the update.

I've just bought the Merc for this week and realized that Perlmuttgrun is a Mercedes colour. If anyone is able to help with a couple of paint chips, that would be greatly appreciated :)

what paint you need i have a bunch of paint chips.

Wonder what time i need for Division 1 hmmmm.;)

Last edited:
KingBestJr
what paint you need i have a bunch of paint chips.

Wonder what time i need for Division 1 hmmmm.;)

Best time in races Sunday for a few weeks?

What? You only want hot lap times or some racing?

;-)

Wow!! Looks like exciting times are upon "Planet SNAIL"! (No disrespect to GTPlanet!) I know I have said it before, but it really is awesome to be a member of this league. I am constantly amazed on how well organized this group is and every week that I race, it just keeps getting more fun and interesting! (I sure wish the company I work for was run this well!!:crazy:) Again, thanks and a huge pat on the back for all the organizers and all the hard work they put in to make this all work!👍:cheers:👍 It looks like I will have yet another rare free evening so I count me in for practice tonight!!

Oh i definetly want to race lol, just want to race with the best i can. Im pretty sure my time trial time is pretty good i think but then again you know we have them aliens out there haha.

I wouldnt mind practicing with some of yall how long till i get fr for the rooms?

Last edited:
Im on my phone and it wont let me view the combo. I remember it was in arcade and a Mazda. But what tires?

Based on what I have heard you can drive... big, fat, flabby, weak-kneed white wall tires....

Enjoy! It's like an arcade ride.

Im on my phone and it wont let me view the combo. I remember it was in arcade and a Mazda. But what tires?

Mazda Laguna Seca
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) ’02 - from the recommended list, not your own broken in car!
Tires - Sport Soft
Grip - Real
Driving Aids - Only ABS allowed

dabneyd
Mazda Laguna Seca
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) ’02 - from the recommended list, not your own broken in car!
Tires - Sport Soft
Grip - Real
Driving Aids - Only ABS allowed

Thank you. I was using sport hards and wondering why I couldn't get close to the time that was just put out there.

Wow!! Looks like exciting times are upon "Planet SNAIL"! (No disrespect to GTPlanet!) I know I have said it before, but it really is awesome to be a member of this league. I am constantly amazed on how well organized this group is and every week that I race, it just keeps getting more fun and interesting! (I sure wish the company I work for was run this well!!:crazy:) Again, thanks and a huge pat on the back for all the organizers and all the hard work they put in to make this all work!👍:cheers:👍 It looks like I will have yet another rare free evening so I count me in for practice tonight!!

exo, that means a lot, thanks for saying that.

We all work pretty hard at keeping things going smoothly. zer05ive has got a bunch of good people doing the right things 👍

I stumbled into one of your races by chance and it was the best race I have had in a long time. So good that I jumped on gtp before I found my next room :dopey: I would love to join and compete with you guys.

Psn:Da_Panda_Bear

Edit^2: My phone won't let me view things. I'll look over everything tomorow.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back