◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,805 comments
Think of it as a standing offer. We want everyone to be able to race, and we understand that some people can afford to help make all the DLC available to everyone.

OK well, I won't be here this Sunday (already noted) but I will ask that if a DLC car or track is on the schedule next week, I would appreciate anyone who is willing to help.

Ag07, skip buying one jar of formula and do breast feeding, there's your Dlc $$ right there. =) /joking

No offense but i would pick the Twin Ring over the baby :-P

Trust me, breast feeding all the way. Twin Ring over a baby?! You cold, heartless..... :)

Hey everyone. Great racing the other night.

I suppose I'll bite :)

Please send me any info required to qualify. Thanks!

Hey iamsupernasty,

Glad you enjoyed the intro to S.N.A.I.L. 👍

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

You'll be added to the drivers list and we need you to run this Time Trial Combination so we can determine which Division you'd be best to start in. We do as much as we can to make sure everyone gets involved in some close, clean racing.

A PSN friend request will be sent to you from the SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3 or 4 account for the Division you will be placed in. That lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.

The original post also has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices here. To avoid duplication of choices, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Going to be in my lounge most of the day practicing. I may be AFK for some of it though.

The 300SL interior is awesome! Not sure about the fit with the track.

UPS man just delivered my newest weapon in the war of Sim Racing...

hipermax-III-hks-ps3-controller.jpg

The HKS Hipermax 3 Sport. The X and [] buttons are replaced with push down levers and the steering pad is replaced with a rolling wheel that gives more range of motion than the Analog sticks.

esh
Going to be in my lounge most of the day practicing. I may be AFK for some of it though.

The 300SL interior is awesome! Not sure about the fit with the track.

Part of the interior changes to match the exterior color. That is kind of cool. I have my yellow car, with a yellow dash with red accents.

The problem is, the wheels can't be changed our painted. So they don't match as well as I would like.

The HKS Hipermax 3 Sport. The X and [] buttons are replaced with push down levers and the steering pad is replaced with a rolling wheel that gives more range of motion than the Analog sticks.

thats a nice racing controller but Id still pick a wheel over any controller

Part of the interior changes to match the exterior color. That is kind of cool. I have my yellow car, with a yellow dash with red accents.

The problem is, the wheels can't be changed our painted. So they don't match as well as I would like.

Yeah I had to buy 2. :grumpy:

The first one I bought was one of the lighter blue's and when I painted it my color I realized I couldn't paint the wheels. So I bought another in black and then painted it.

Question, if I gift a car does that account also get the paint chip? I have to buy an RS6 and LFA to get my colors and for 2 cars this week it cost me over 1 million I think.

esh

The first one I bought was one of the lighter blue's and when I painted it my color I realized I couldn't paint the wheels. So I bought another in black and then painted it.

Question, if I gift a car does that account also get the paint chip? I have to buy an RS6 and LFA to get my colors and for 2 cars this week it cost me over 1 million I think.

Most of the time, yes, the paint chip does go with the car when you gift it. Why don't you send a FR to LR-PR-JLBowler with the colors you want and I'll take care of you. I would have made this offer to Don_Welsh as well, but I don't have the color he is looking for.

esh

The giftee will receive a paint chip of the car's original color. Not the color it has been painted.

edit: ninja'd by less than a minute. Are you guys from the League of Shadows?

I've had the opportunity to try that controller, but I wasn't all that impressed. The push down levers that replace the X and [] buttons don't actually give you the proportional throttle and brake control that you might expect from those "thumb pedals". For example, you can apply light pressure to the gas and get about 20% throttle, but when you try to increase throttle to 25-30% mark, the controller suddenly detects it as 100%. Therefore, will find yourself barely pressing the "gas pedal" down and your car will be at wide open throttle. 👎

I assume this is due to the fact that the X and [] buttons on the DS3 are not programmed to have fully proportional control. If they could find a way to get around that, it'd be a winner IMO. 👍

The giftee will receive a paint chip of the car's original color. Not the color it has been painted.

edit: ninja'd by less than a minute. Are you guys from the League of Shadows?

Sweet! I would have like 30/30 RS6 and LFA's had I not sold them.

And bowler, the colors are sepanbleau perleffekt and matte black.

My Bobs are still breaking in a car. I will be practicing after 2:30, it appears.

Finally done. Heading in shortly.

Last edited:
Chiochan
I'll in d3 with ya handlebar, just as soon as I watch that video a few more times.:)

If u guys prac in d2 I could join, Ill see if I can get my mic working again too.

Ill just be in d2 practicing for some hours if anybody wants to join.

Tonight's Magic Lap will be in honor of Sergio Pininfarina. Expect to see me in a Peugeot and an Alfa Romeo, and perhaps a Ferrari if I'm in the mood:

nxOAN.jpg

The next set of races will be tonight, Friday, July 20th, at 9PM EDT, in the Division 3 Lounge.

Theme: In honor of Sergio Pininfarina - We recently lost a man whose influence on the world of cars was immeasurable. Most notably, Sergio's designs became the basis of Ferrari's image, creating the brand we all know so well today. There are many designs created both by the Pininfarina company and Sergio himself, but unfortunately there aren't many in GT5. If you want to honor Sergio's designs specifically, try the Peugeot 406 of Ferrari F40. Otherwise, try any of the other Pininfarina designs below to see the impact he made on the car world as a whole.

Track: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Car Restriction: Choose from the following:
Designs by Sergio Pininfarina:
Ferrari F40 '92
Peugeot coupé 406 3.0 V6 '98

Designs he contributed to:

Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02
Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66
Ferrari 458 Italia '09

Designs he probably oversaw:
Ferrari 599 '06
Ferrari F430 '06
Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24V '01

IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you are planning on running multiple cars, please run some test laps ahead of time in an online lobby to get some preliminary times. If you have several cars you want to drive, test a few of them so that any time you want to switch cars you can just tell me the new time rather than taking more time to set laps. this policy will become especially important if and when we start racing on longer tracks like the Nordschleife and Circuit de la Sarthe.

After the race has been run a few times, drivers will have the opportunity to switch to other cars in the category and repeat the process again. To minimize wait times, try not to pick an insanely fast car if someone else has picked something monstrously slow, or vice versa.

Last edited:
As to practicing, there was an old post about how the lounges should be used, during the week, if you are doing something in the Sunday night cars, the D1 lounge is reserved for that. So please, use it. If you want to practice for one of the other weekly events, then use the D3 lounge (as most events are held in the D2 lounge).

I think that was the way it was supposed to go.

Vol Jbolaz
As to practicing, there was an old post about how the lounges should be used, during the week, if you are doing something in the Sunday night cars, the D1 lounge is reserved for that. So please, use it. If you want to practice for one of the other weekly events, then use the D3 lounge (as most events are held in the D2 lounge).

I think that was the way it was supposed to go.

D3 isnt on my friends, I'll have to add.

I thought it was "DX lounge for combo #X on the list".

I think that was a "just on Sunday" thing.

For example, when we did the Wednesday practice was in our lounge, it was always in the D1 lounge. And the Thursday night practices were always in the D1 lounge.

I think, during the week, D1 is for Sunday combos, D2 is for structured, clean races, and D3 is for fun, less structured races.

Back