SNAIL Tuner and Team Series III - S15 RM Challenge - Sign-ups Open

• Thread starter Vol Jbolaz
  • 778 comments

What Shall We Do This Tuesday?

• STaTS with the [url=http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7590350#post7590350]FF RMs[/url]

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Parity Racing with the Alfa Romeo [url=http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=22]Giulia Sprin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parity Racing with the [url=http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=362]Jaguar E-Type Coupe '6

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Parity Racing with the [url=http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=844]Shelby GT350R '65[/url

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Not Ready for (or not interested in) STaTS so any Parity Racing would be fine.

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vol Jbolaz

Hermits United
Premium
United States
Burlington, NC, USA
a_garris/Vol_Jbolaz
SEASON IV OPEN

NuumlrburgringGP_D_zps067f8f6f.jpg

Welcome SNAIL drivers and anyone else that may be interested.

After a shaky second series, we are going to reboot a bit and try a challenge series. Everyone will be driving the same car. The only difference will be the tune.

The Idea

This will be a racing series that runs four weeks during October, on Tuesday evenings, 10:00 p.m. Eastern. The first race will be on 2 October.

There will be two groups of people involved in this. These two groups will be vying for points separately.

Tuners

Tuners will build a car to the regulations. Tuners will win points for their cars. Drivers will be put into teams of two drivers, each, but a Tuner can supply tunes for more than one team of Drivers. The points will not be cumulative, so the Tuner will be judged on his best performing team.

Drivers

Drivers will be grouped into teams. They will be tasked to run races over five weeks in a car built by one of the Tuners. They will win points individually, and they will win points for their Tuner.

Rules

1. Teams
    1. Teams must run the same car.
    2. Teams must run the same color.
    3. Teams may tune and re-tune a car as many times as they want during the season, and even between rounds on the same evening.
  2. Tuners
    1. Tuners will be primarily responsible for building the cars to be raced. They can take driver input, but their decision for set up is final.
  3. Drivers
    1. Drivers will respect the setup as prescribed by the Tuners. They may give input, but Tuners' decisions are final.
    2. Drivers will respect the GT Planet OLR, and will be subject to disqualification.
    3. Drivers must have unique numbers. Priority is given to number of weeks in SNAIL.
    4. Drivers may change their wheels and may paint them any color.
  4. Regulations
    1. Cars
      1. The only car for this series will be the Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15) RM '02.
  5. Event Settings
    1. Start Type: Grid Start
    2. Boost: Off
    3. Penalty: Off
    4. Visible Damage: Off
    5. Mechanical Damage: Heavy
    6. Slipstream Strength: Weak
    7. Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: On
    8. Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  6. Regulation Settings
    1. No Skid Recovery Force
    2. Driving Line Off
    3. No Active Steering
    4. No TCS
    5. No ASM
  7. Points
    1. Drivers in first place will receive 16 points, second will receive 15, and so on.
    2. Tuners will receive the same points from each driver on their team.
    3. For both individual and team scores, each drivers lowest score will be dropped. This, in effect, gives each driver a "bye week".
  8. Races
    1. All race sessions will be held at 22:00 Eastern time.
    2. All race sessions will be held in the SNAIL_Division2 lounge (send a friend request if you haven't already).
    3. Race sessions will be scheduled as:
      1. 10 Minutes: Qualifying for Frist Race
      2. 20 Minutes (approx): First Race
      3. Ballast Adjustment
      4. 20 Minutes (approx): Second Race. Grid will be based on results from previous race.
      5. Ballast Adjustment
      6. 20 Minutes (approx): Third Race. Grid will be reverse results from previous race.
  9. Ballast
    1. After each race, success ballast will be assigned as:
      1. 1st will receive 50 Kg
      2. 2nd will receive 40 Kg
      3. 3rd will receive 30 Kg
      4. 4th will receive 20 Kg
      5. 5th will receive 10 Kg
      6. antepenultimate will lose 10 Kg
      7. penultimate will lose 20 Kg
      8. ultimate will lose 30 Kg
    2. Success ballast will be cumulative over a session, but will not carry over to the next session.
    3. After each session, success ballast will be assigned based on championship standings. Drivers will start the next session with that ballast.
    4. Cars will not drop below the initial 1,000 Kg.
  10. Schedule
    1. 2 October:
      • Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
    2. 9 October:
      • Fuji Speedway GT
    3. 16 October:
      • Nurburgring GP/D
    4. 23 October:
      • Daytona International Speedway Road Course

Amazon-1.png

Last edited:
Current Teams

• Chiochan (ChuthuluGoat) #37 and Vol Jbolaz (Vol_Jbolaz) #3 in XJR-9 Purple driving a tune built by JLBowler
  • dabneyd (dabneyd) #8 and kcheeb (kcheeb) #76 driving in True Red driving a tune built by JLBowler
  • Oshawa-Joe (Oshawa-Joe) #17 and spooble (spooble) #15 in Gold driving driving a tune built by Oshawa-Joe
  • hillracing (hillracing) #1 and Turbo91stdcivic (Turbo91stdcivic) #81 in Pearl Gray driving a tune built by hillracing
  • BeRandom (GTP_BeRandom) #21 and JoeW (Ice_Warden) #22 in Matte Light Blue driving a tune built by GTP_BeRandom

Complete spreadsheet with all race results and championship point chases.

Interested Tuners

• zeromisfit999 (lifesagamble420)
  • OwensRacing (OwensRacing)
  • Jahgee1124 (Jahgee1124)

Interested Drivers

• zeromisfit999 (lifesagamble420) #99
  • Wolfsatz (Wolfsatz) #9

Last edited:
Team Point Race
  1. Hillracing's Pearl Gray team with 86 points
  2. JLBowler's Red team with 83 points
  3. Oshawa-Joe's Gold team with 69 points
  4. GTP_BeRandom's Light Blue team with 57 points
  5. JLBowler's Purple team with 50 points

Last edited:
Okay, everyone, welcome:

The big changes:
  • Damage is now on full.
  • We are keeping the teams, but constructors can decide to drop as many or as few as they want.
  • I'd like to go with two drivers per team per class, but that all depends on interest.
  • Each team will have to use a different car. Teams from previous seasons can keep their car.
  • 355 HP/1300 Kg is the new restrictions.

I definitely agree with the two drivers per team idea, I think Ill sign up as a driver this time because I am bad tuner and don't enjoy it.

Please add me to the draft list. This series is awesome.

If Jahgee signs up and wants to keep you on his team, you are welcome to stay on his team. If Bowler signs up and wants to keep me around, I would love to stay on that team.

I'd like to try my hand at being a constructor.
And so it's clear, the car must be:
-FR (mid-front is MR or no?)
-no turbo/supercharger

the rest I understand

I'm in. Are you still toying with the idea of a GT class, Vol? I've been working on a list of cars.

I'd like to try my hand at being a constructor.
And so it's clear, the car must be:
-FR (mid-front is MR or no?)
-no turbo/supercharger

the rest I understand

FR only. There are some cars that, in the real world, are called mid-front. The engine is infront of the driver, but behind the front wheels. These are all FRs in the game.

You may use turbos or superchargers if you want. You don't have to.

I'm in. Are you still toying with the idea of a GT class, Vol? I've been working on a list of cars.

If we have enough interest, then yes.

And to JTQ Mopar and everyone else, I will be posting a poll in a few days. One of the poll options will be tracks. The other will be what sort of second class should we have, if we have enough interest?

Should it be and MR or FF class? Should it be just a bigger FR class? 450ish HP? 550ish HP? 602 HP and 1680 Kg? Think about it, discuss it, I'll put it in the poll if we get enough interest.

I will sign up as a constructor and will definitely keep esh (if he competes) & Oshawa, I haven't decided whether to keep spooble.

Don't break up Team Green!

The only reason I wouldn't keep spooble is that he hasn't been responding as much to our team tests, but that was it. Again, I said it depends on how I feel about our season this year. Also, could you guys tell me how Laguna Seca felt and how Madrid feels on the Laguna Seca setup

EDIT: Vol, I got my regular PSN (Jahgee1124) back so if you could reedit it back to that it would be great

If MrMelancholy is not participating in this series as a constructor then I guess I'll be a free agent for Season 2. I really liked the limitations regulations for the first season. If we made another class I'd like to see something around 500HP and 1300kg.

I like about this series is that we are trying to make race cars out of showroom vehicles.

Well, if there are any drivers that are in need of a team, I have 3 cars I have been tuning for this.

And is there a limit to ballast? One of them is 1250kg before adding ballast

Well, if there are any drivers that are in need of a team, I have 3 cars I have been tuning for this.

It was 50kg limit on ballast this season, I know that much.... :/

That would be perfect! lol Even if it gets changed that car is a bit squirrely anyways

I've been looking at cars based on two classes, 355hp/1300kg and ~550hp/1500kg, and so far I've found 20 cars that would fit each class. I'm sure there are more.

Just a couple of notes:

Each team has to run a different car this season. Teams that continue from last season get first dibs at the cars they used last season. This means, the Shelby Series One, Z33, FD, and RX-8 may already be spoken for. With the change in configurations, they may decide to pass on them. Honestly, though, I think they could all meet the new restrictions, though I think the Z34 would be a better choice with the extra 200 ccs.

Car choice will be done in a draft, in the reverse order of the driver draft. So to the second note, you don't have to recruit drivers for yourself. The more drivers you can get interested in this series, the better. You'll get a chance to draft the drivers. I'll announce more on that as we get closer to the draft date, 10 August.

To all the constructors, once the draft order is decided, you are welcome to trade spots with another constructors. It may be that some don't mind going later in the driver draft so they can go earlier in the car draft.

Almost forgot: As to ballast, no limit this season. I restricted ballast last season so we had room for success weight. But I just don't have the ability to test how effective that is and what would be a fair success weight. So, I'm just keeping it simple. If there are some that knows of some good testing on that, or wants to do some, then we can consider adding it back in.

If MrMelancholy is not participating in this series as a constructor then I guess I'll be a free agent for Season 2. I really liked the limitations regulations for the first season. If we made another class I'd like to see something around 500HP and 1300kg.

I like about this series is that we are trying to make race cars out of showroom vehicles.

I had to raise the weight. The weight we had before just limited the car selection much more than I expected. Since I raised the weight, I went ahead and raised the HP, too.

I do like making our own race cars. I wish we had a livery editor, though.

I would for sure like to return this Season :) One request tho, call JTQMopar, JTQ if you have to short hand it, one Mopar in the league is enough :P

I would for sure like to return this Season :) One request tho, call JTQMopar, JTQ if you have to short hand it, one Mopar in the league is enough :P

Agreed.

You and Diabolic are the only team that I am not keeping from last season. Since you guys joined late, you were a little stacked in terms of driver ability. So you two will go into the draft.

Agreed.

You and Diabolic are the only team that I am not keeping from last season. Since you guys joined late, you were a little stacked in terms of driver ability. So you two will go into the draft.

:eek:
Look how poorly I did, no stacking there, trying to keep it fair for everyone :sly:

"Poorly", right. You won every race you finished!

Haha while true, if Esh didnt get into my engine and cause some bugs to happen, I wouldnt of had a DNF in race 1, take it back to the pits, and find out what he did that week, was fun :sly:

Altho starting in the front in the 2nd race, made the faster guys start in the rear due to points, it did give me the advantage to break away while they fought through traffic. Bronco was gaining on me last race, and DubClub would of caught me at Trial Mnt, if think.

Its all good, into the draft we go!

I'm convinced Mopar has his internet connection within reach while sitting behind the wheel so he can pull the plug whenever he likes :sly:

I'm convinced Mopar has his internet connection within reach while sitting behind the wheel so he can pull the plug whenever he likes :sly:

You going to participate this season?

Vol, put me down for taking part, but only if needed.

If you have enough new people, I'd say give them a spot on the grid 👍

Back