PURE | GATE - Suzuka

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 2,170 comments
Owens saved my butt with his LSD advice etc :). Before he helped my car was spinning everywhere and could only get 4s....

Ran a 3.2 before in a mock Q run so I am very pleased to be only .2 off it in the real thing :D. I might be slow but I feel I'm pretty much on my limit and thats the main thing for me.

Edit: Haha I out Q'ed Pag therefore I am best Sub 03 :P.

Were you planning on qualifying Ray, got all the rules down?

paulmac2k9
Owens saved my butt with his LSD advice etc :). Before he helped my car was spinning everywhere and could only get 4s....

Ran a 3.2 before in a mock Q run so I am very pleased to be only .2 off it in the real thing :D. I might be slow but I feel I'm pretty much on my limit and thats the main thing for me.

Edit: Haha I out Q'ed Pag therefore I am best Sub 03 :P.

Yea I run middle setting accel. Low as I can with out spinning one tire.
Brake setting low as I can with out it slipping out badly under brakes.

I couldn't get back home in time, so I'll just start from the back.

EKTuU.png

W0XJZ.png

Room #
1472 6399 9009 5386 5077

Qualifying order

Pre-race briefing | Nürburgring GP/F | Round 7

W0XJZ.png

Event information - Saturday, August 4th
Connect time: 19.00 UTC
Click here to view time in your timezone
Green Flag time: 20.00 UTC
Click here to view time in your timezone

D1 host: Paginas (CSL, Twist)
Race distance: 150 km - 29 + 1 laps

Vehicle inspections begin at 19.45 for grid preparation, please do not chat during this time.
Field will then line up in qualifying order after a track reset in order to set the grid for the race.
Race beings and the formation lap roll will commence.

W0XJZ.png

500px-Circuit_Nürburgring-2002-GP.svg.png

A staggered double-file line is used for our rolling start for the first lap after which the race will begin at the start/ finish line.
oQpyV.png
( First time pole sitters will be contacted for confirmation of the following regulations)
  • Pole sitter will begin on the left side of the track.
  • Even number position qualifiers will be on the right side lane of the formation. Odd number qualifiers will be in the pole sitters lane on the left side.
  • Once the GT5 race countdown has completed and the race event has begun all drivers must hold position and wait for confirmation from the host to proceed. Use your handbrakes, sit silently, report any suspicious latency between cars or lag jolting/skipping. After the host has given the go ahead all drivers will begin to slowly form up in qualifying order. The leader must act as gatherer, they must not pre-maturely advance from the group, it is their job to keep the pace slow enough until all cars are in position then proceed to formation speed.
  • Even pace at 100 kmh / 62 mph,
  • The pole leader must wait for the grid to line up behind them completely on the start straight before starting the race by applying full throttle at the start/finish line.
  • No weaving is allowed during formation lap.
  • You must not overlap the car ahead of you.
  • Do not pass any car until you're past the point the pole sitter started the race at.
  • Jump starters will be given warnings or penalties depending on severity.
  • If a driver is damaged on formation then the damaged driver must communicate this through text chat and continue at a reasonable speed to the pit area. The other cars will continue on as normal and the damaged car(s) can join the group as they come around for their first lap. At this point the formation lap will continue on for a second lap after which the race will begin. If it happens once more, the same contingency will be applied and a third formation lap will go on. After this, no more "formation restarts" will be acceptable and the affected drivers must either retire or start far behind the group. Drivers experiencing extreme lag will be asked to leave so the other drivers can race.
  • If, for any reason, a driver misses the formation start and stays behind still on the track the race will not go on, it must be restarted to eliminate the obstacle.

nMH0h.png

W0XJZ.png

Last edited:
A note to whoever is hosting today.GP/F is a tire temp bug track so when the room is started make sure that it is opened at GP/F and that the track isnt changed at any point.

this bug isn't fixed yet???
No.

If we need to reset the track, I assume the best way is for those who have gotten the bug to leave the room until the track is loaded again. What about turning tire wear off, and then back on?

Late qual for Trajikone

1. 2:04.388 Clean
2. 2:03.804 Clean 👍

Late Qual penalty needs to be added.

So I searched for the late q penalty amount...
PureGate
Qualifying deadline -
8.00 UTC/1.00PDT
Qualifying deadline is the point at which you can no longer enter a qualifying room in order to set a time. All that is required for you to meet deadline is for a driver to actually be in the room before deadline, after this (due to high volume of late qualifiers) drivers in the room all have a 30 minute last-second grace period in order to do their runs.

It's cool. I had a room up waiting for Ed last night. But he got home late. Plc was in my room at 1130 p pst last night but dc'd no one else was on. I'm ok with where ever.

Sad news, my wheel is broken.

Having it unplugged for over two months and sitting on the shelf in my closet.

I opened up my closet to finally break out my regular G27 out and it's not on the shelf, it's on the floor. I didn't think it was a big deal because it's dropped before but this did it in I guess. It turned on once and started to calibrate then it stopped. I reset it and it didn't even try to calibrate. Tried running the wheel unplugged and it doesn't pick up the steering.

I was using a Thrustmaster T500RS to train for the GTA Nationals, that's why I was so off in performance in the last few races I've done btw. But I didn't plan on keeping the T500, only using it for conditioning (horrible wheel and pedals) so I returned it last week. I haven't even turned my PS3 on since I got back from San Diego 'cause I wanted to focus on training.

But no worries, I still have a CSR at my friend's house so I'm gonna borrow it back and use that till I can get a new G27.

Hey. Sorry about last night. Haven't been feeling well for the past week or so because of anxiety attacks. I'm really sorry. I wanted to qualify real bad but I couldn't concentrate for more than like 10 seconds. Can I qualify with the 2%? If not, it's ok. Sorry for the inconvenience.:indiff:

yes you can of course. Let us know when you're free for your Q ;)

This was round 1, we also allowed late qualifying in round 5.
Somewhere in the thread Eddie said it will be the same Q rules as CALM and JGTS.
It looks like the rules weren't updated though.

No.

If we need to reset the track, I assume the best way is for those who have gotten the bug to leave the room until the track is loaded again. What about turning tire wear off, and then back on?
Once the track is changed the room is bugged.I have tried changing all of the rules combo's to fix a room and nothing works.

What is the point of the "track reset" anyway? I dont know what the logic behind that is.

Latest Posts

Back