◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
Some of you guys need to realise that while even though you are trying to be clean, **** still will happen. It's called racing & if you cant deal with stuff not always going your way then racing isn't for you.

Great racing in D2 tonight!👍

Dispite the connection issues a few had. That was the first time since I've been hosting that that ever happened:confused:

fzappa

Dispite the connection issues a few had. That was the first time since I've been hosting that that ever happened:confused:

It's not you, D3 had 3 simultaneous DCs. PSN is in a funny mood this weather...

I don't think the fact that you were hosting had anything to do with my problem, since I got booted from PSN entirely. I actually love it when you host, because it usually works so well for me.

And what I saw of D2 tonight was great, too. 👍

aubdogg3
:ill: I'm not one for complaining so, instead i'd like to give up my spot in S.N.A.I.L to someone that is on the waiting list. This B.S is'nt worth ruining a good game. nothing personal zer0five or anyone else.

The starts at Indy was not according to Racecraft!

Yet another awesome AWESOME night of racing! D4 was rockin' tonight! 14 drivers made it a total sweat-fest! I apologize for any bumps or grinds. For some reason I just can't get my brakes to behave. It's not the slipstream or late braking, but every once in awhile, the car will just NOT slow down. I have spent a ton of time over the last couple of weeks noodling with every brake combination I can think of but it still pops up at the worst times. Any advice you really be appreciated!
Vol, man I so bummed that you lost grip on that last race at the very end of the last lap... I was right behind you and it looked like it would have gone right down to the line... Ahhh... next time!

Some of you guys need to realise that while even though you are trying to be clean, **** still will happen. It's called racing & if you cant deal with stuff not always going your way then racing isn't for you.

Well said, sethfraz. 👍

Well said, sethfraz. 👍

Indeed. Tonight, for me, equipment failure happened. Other weeks, Juan Pablo Montoya happens. This is life :)

:ill: I'm not one for complaining so, instead i'd like to give up my spot in S.N.A.I.L to someone that is on the waiting list. This B.S is'nt worth ruining a good game. nothing personal zer0five or anyone else.

Hey aubdogg, I just watched the second race start replay at Indy and you were ahead of me going into the braking zone (about 8th), then the next second there's this major lag spike or something and you're suddenly behind me, I don't understand that :confused:

Had my first races for this league and to anyone is d5 I apologize for being slow and in the way. Awaiting my wheel to arrive, and this was my first competitive races against actual people. I read the entirety of the rules/general sportsmanship, and I understand them pretty well, but it seemed to me at the beginning of nearly every race someone decided to overtake whether it be in the first turn, or on the straight away in indy. I broke a few rules myself, but all unintentional as I could hardly control the first and last cars. (Didn't get enough practice with any of the cars) Hopefully next week I can perform a little bit better. Got last in every race minus one, which I finished 5th/6. Overall a very enjoyable experience minus the frustration of lack of throttle control with a controller. Trying to drive that Ferarri on sports with a controller, is no laughing matter. I smashed that car up pretty damn good haha :nervous:

Had my first races today as well, and had a lot of fun. 👍 I checked the Laguna replay, I really messed up there. I slipped into the sand on the uphill to the corkscrew, then tried to ease back onto the track and keep to the right, but gassed it too much and the car spun left, straight into traffic. Sorry to BeRandom who got the worst of it :(

If there are people who aren't following the rules and causing chaos, I fail to see how the problem will be solved if all the people who actually care about racing clean leave the league!

If this continues, the league will consist only of dirty drivers!

I think the better solution is to report the offending drivers, so that they either change or leave, rather than let them remain while everyone else gets sick of it and quits.

Of course, you (referring to aubdogg and JazzNine) have every right to leave if you want, but I don't see how it's in anyone's best interest except people who ruin the fun.

I will echo this sentiment. I will also add that they only way to enforce the rules and have a clean league is to report the violators. If there are drivers out there who are not following the rules they need to be reported. If you're not willing to report them, then you are just as big a problem as the driver breaking the rules.

Hey aubdogg, I just watched the second race start replay at Indy and you were ahead of me going into the braking zone (about 8th), then the next second there's this major lag spike or something and you're suddenly behind me, I don't understand that :confused:

I just saw that too, there were another handful odd things like that too. I watched that ghost grab a hold of Kuul' and rag doll him a few times.

Take a ride with schmiggz on the last race, lap 4 at 6:14... Looks like Kuul hit the super spray!

Last edited:
Great job guys, absolutely great job. So much bull**** in D3 tonight, not even gonna bother filing any of it. Doing really well for a league that prides itself on clean racing.

I hereby quit this league. Have fun.

I watched the replays. The top guys, such as yourself, compete real hard. You push hard, others pushed hard. Why don't you just file a complaint like everyone else when they think someone pushed too far? Why quit? Stewards take action every week.

Jenson didn't quit.....

Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel has been handed a 20-second time penalty by the stewards in Germany for his pass on McLaren’s Jenson Button during the closing stages of Sunday’s race. Vettel had finished the Hockenheim event in second, but the addition of the penalty leaves him fifth in the results.

Last edited:
Had my first races for this league and to anyone is d5 I apologize for being slow and in the way. Awaiting my wheel to arrive, and this was my first competitive races against actual people. I read the entirety of the rules/general sportsmanship, and I understand them pretty well, but it seemed to me at the beginning of nearly every race someone decided to overtake whether it be in the first turn, or on the straight away in indy. I broke a few rules myself, but all unintentional as I could hardly control the first and last cars. (Didn't get enough practice with any of the cars) Hopefully next week I can perform a little bit better. Got last in every race minus one, which I finished 5th/6. Overall a very enjoyable experience minus the frustration of lack of throttle control with a controller. Trying to drive that Ferarri on sports with a controller, is no laughing matter. I smashed that car up pretty damn good haha :nervous:

Was my first night also. Was fun in D5 although we need more than 5/6 people to really ge things going. There is no doubt there were nerves in D5. I know that I left braking a bit to late at least twice and rear ended someone. Each time I backed off and made sure they did not loose position. Hopefully no one lodges a complaint:( I need to just be a bit more patient especially when starting from the back. My goal was to just wait for things to settle down and then wait for others to make mistakes and capitalize on them. When I did that I drove well. When I got over eager I made some careless mistakes.

I look forward to racing again especially when you get used to your new wheel.

Was my first night also. Was fun in D5 although we need more than 5/6 people to really ge things going. There is no doubt there were nerves in D5. I know that I left braking a bit to late at least twice and rear ended someone. Each time I backed off and made sure they did not loose position. Hopefully no one lodges a complaint:( I need to just be a bit more patient especially when starting from the back. My goal was to just wait for things to settle down and then wait for others to make mistakes and capitalize on them. When I did that I drove well. When I got over eager I made some careless mistakes.

I look forward to racing again especially when you get used to your new wheel.

Yeah I managed to snag a g27 with a stand for 260 bucks off ebay. I can agree with you, I rerended a few people, in the first race I took somebody completely out of the race on accident, and also took myself out as that one turn I just couldn't brake properly. I had first for the first three laps on laguna seca the 2nd go, and I lost it on that sharp s curve, couldn't maintain control. i suppose the wheel is going to be difficult to get used to, but I am really excited for the throttle control factor. Even if steering is a bit harder, and the clutch (eek).

Yeah I managed to snag a g27 with a stand for 260 bucks off ebay. I can agree with you, I rerended a few people, in the first race I took somebody completely out of the race on accident, and also took myself out as that one turn I just couldn't brake properly. I had first for the first three laps on laguna seca the 2nd go, and I lost it on that sharp s curve, couldn't maintain control. i suppose the wheel is going to be difficult to get used to, but I am really excited for the throttle control factor. Even if steering is a bit harder, and the clutch (eek).

Yea I have finally hit the grove with my G27. Got everything positioned just right now. Just hope it last after all my GTA2012 retries:)

I just saw that too, there were another handful odd things like that too. I watched that ghost grab a hold of Kuul' and rag doll him a few times.

Take a ride with schmiggz on the last race, lap 4 at 6:14... Looks like Kuul hit the super spray!

I shall watch it when Mythbusters is finished :sly:

i suppose the wheel is going to be difficult to get used to, but I am really excited for the throttle control factor. Even if steering is a bit harder, and the clutch (eek).

I struggled with my wheel as well. One of my friends on here (not in S.N.A.I.L., he's based in Europe so the times wouldn't suit) told me it would take some getting used to and prepare to be slower than I was with the DS3 for a good couple of weeks.

The one criticism of the DFGT that I have will hopefully be solved soon as I ordered a set of the adjustable paddle shifters from granturgismo (not a spelling error, lol) this past week; the buttons are fine on the straights, but when you're trying to change gears as well as steering, it gets a bit tricky for me. They cost about $35 including shipping so we'll see how they go when they get here :)

Last edited:
Here are the official results from our league night on August 12th, 2012. This was the seventh week using our new format and the second week with five divisions. This means that Prize A, Prize B, and Prize C are to be selected by the division winners with the three highest scores. However, since we now have more divisions than we have prizes, I am implementing a rule that limits the number of Prize A and Prize B selections that can be made from each division to only one per month. This will ensure that the drivers from each division will have an equal opportunity to pick our new car and track combos.

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. WiiFreak ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 wins Prize A (scored 88 points)
  2. RIP_Welsh_Don ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. GumballCGT -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. ADR_BRONCO ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. mrjones_80 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. hillracing ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Nic-KL ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. jlbowler ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Diabolicwyvern ----- did not submit a vote
  10. GTP_dylansan ------ did not submit a vote
  • howyakeeping1 ----- DNR
  • Mighty_mopar ------ DNR
  • GTP_esh ----------- DNR

Division 2
  1. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 wins Prize C (scored 83 points)
  2. Turbo91stdcivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. tcrash15 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. AG07WRXTR -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. racefan78 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. kcheeb ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. SPIDERMANLOL1 ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. AJK-VAIL ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. ZohsixGT5 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. DrKronin ------------ did not submit a vote
  11. eLove -------------- did not submit a vote
  12. rofajole ------------ did not submit a vote
  • SPEED14231234 ---- DNR
  • bdubclub ----------- DNR
  • keepitsteady ------- DNR

Division 3
  1. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 (scored 75 points)
  2. Soren535 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. GTP_pilmat --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. GTP_smrtb0mb ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. zer05ive ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. moi_2212 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. sethfraz22 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Apmaddock --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. GTP_BeRandom ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. spooble ------------- did not submit a vote
  12. JazzVanWolfe ------- did not submit a vote
  13. Da_Panda_Bear ----- did not submit a vote
  • rallywgn81 ---------- DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
  • bloodredsky -------- DNR
  • KissMyGlock -------- DNR
  • chevbacca46 ------- DNR
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR

Division 4
  1. tezgm99 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2 (scored 79 points)
  2. Schmiggz ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. ChuthuluGoat ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. chatva -------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. ExoSphere64 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. ANFD -------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. GTP_SGPracing ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. aubdogg ------------ did not submit a vote
  9. donconater --------- did not submit a vote
  10. Vol_Jbolaz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. g-MachineREX ------- voted to eliminate Round 2 raced in wrong division
  12. cmbeal317 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  13. Millerhd ------------- did not submit a vote
  14. KuuKriine ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  • atongo619 ---------- did not submit a vote
  • sudmanster --------- DNR

Division 5
  1. jobyone -------------- voted to eliminate Round 3 wins Prize B because D5 has already won Prize A this month (scored 93 points)
  2. Skills_19657 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. SCREAMING_CHIEF --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. TEX-36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. lifesagamble420 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Wambo626 ---------- did not submit a vote
  7. eagle123vick --------did not submit a vote
  • yer_mama904 ------- DNR
  • Handlebar-Man ------ DNR
  • AJGH1000 ----------- DNR
  • Patches_McFluffy ---- DNR
  • nateral00 ------------ DNR

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Ferrari 458 Italia '09 @Road Course - Indy
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since WiiFreak wins Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 2 - Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM '69 @Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since jobyone gets Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

dabneyd gets Prize C, so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
Love how my power goes out in the middle of the races. I only got power back up now, at 3:30am here in Jersey. Really wish I could have raced more, I had a ton of fun with the 370z.

A couple of pics from the first D2 race tonight:

Most of the field, early:
7772093012_b7aec8f1d9_h.jpg

Still a tight battle mid-pack, 3rd lap:
7772092528_9eb75bb8bf_h.jpg

"Good Job" to Skills in D5 last night - Thanks for filling in for Handlebar and keeping everyone going. Racing was very tight and clean, from my view - a few bumps and bangs along the way but that's what happens on a race track. Don't think I violated any OLR - as I was trying to "behave" this week, and drive more carefully. Will watch the replays and make sure. Thanks again Skils.

If there are people who aren't following the rules and causing chaos, I fail to see how the problem will be solved if all the people who actually care about racing clean leave the league!

If this continues, the league will consist only of dirty drivers!

I think the better solution is to report the offending drivers, so that they either change or leave, rather than let them remain while everyone else gets sick of it and quits.

Of course, you (referring to aubdogg and JazzNine) have every right to leave if you want, but I don't see how it's in anyone's best interest except people who ruin the fun.

Well put both of you, we all need to relax a little (myself included). We're doing this for fun, right?

None of us is going to make a living doing this, none of us is going to die because of this. When you wake up tomorrow, your PS3, GT5 Game Disc and 60" Plasma will still be there for you to have another run at it.

Enjoy the experience, because it is fun, exciting and we're playing a game with a bunch of great people.

Hey guys I won't be able to race a whole lot. I am going to be busy focusing on school. I send a post when I have time to race.

Thanks for letting us know yermama904 👍

Good luck in school! Come racing when you get a chance :)

Accepting new members? I'd like to join!

Hey pvtlapdance,

Thanks for looking us up 👍 Glad to have you aboard.

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L.
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread. To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Ugh, the one combo I couldn't stand is the one thats sticking around. Guess I'd better put in som serious practice time this week because Grand Valley Reverse has been kicking my 🤬.

some great racing in D2 though!

I for one am glad to see the combo stay.I wasn't look forward to another IRC race, or doing a round with that camaro (if you can't guess I'm hoping Laguna sticks around!)

Back