◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,809 comments
I for one am glad to see the combo stay.I wasn't look forward to another IRC race, or doing a round with that camaro (if you can't guess I'm hoping Laguna sticks around!)

I loved driving the Camaro and Laguna, well up until I saw the bunnies. The only one I did not like was the Ferrari at Indy. Not a fan of the track at all and the amount of grip I had made me all too aware of how little practice I put in.

Rallywagon
I for one am glad to see the combo stay.I wasn't look forward to another IRC race, or doing a round with that camaro (if you can't guess I'm hoping Laguna sticks around!)

Camaro was annoying as hell, but the Italia was pretty fun on sports tires. But with wii choosing I know we are going to get a good combo to replace it.

Reading the past pages, it sounds like you guys need the (Get your Priceline Jingles Ready)
priceline-negotiator-dies.jpg

GTPlanet Mediator

Whoever is picking the prizes combos this week, please take a few minutes to drive the car around the track before you commit to it. Check to make sure the car doesn't bounce off the rev limiter. Also check to see that there aren't any crazy inaccurate penalties being given out (La Sarthe). It only takes a couple of minutes of your time to save the aggrevation of the whole group.

Can I remind everyone that we all need to be very aware during qualifying for the first round at each track so as to not baulk people who are on a hot lap. I know it can be difficult to judge closing speeds, particularly if you have the track map zoomed in, but please be careful :)

So the last 2 weeks have been cancelled 4 Cat & Mouse. Im up for having some FUN tonight. We need at least 6. Is anyone interested in some fun team Dirty racing? Only chance all week to hit people:ouch: Everyone's invited. Starting @ 7/10pm 2nite in Division 3

Can I remind everyone that we all need to be very aware during qualifying for the first round at each track so as to not baulk people who are on a hot lap. I know it can be difficult to judge closing speeds, particularly if you have the track map zoomed in, but please be careful :)
👍

I must say the only thing I found frustrating about my first S.N.A.I.L. experience was qualifying in the D5 group. Qualifying is not racing so please be aware of faster traffic and make room.

The Official
S.N.A.I.L. LOTTERY​

Monday every week, all S.N.A.I.L. members who raced in Sundays races will be automatically entered into the S.N.A.I.L. lottery.
I will randomly give all racers a # and roll dice to get the winner. They will be awarded anything from D1 stockpile.

This week's S.N.A.I.L. LOTTERY winner is.....
SPOOBLE​

Just post or PM me what you would like for a prize.

hey, I'd like to join

Hey tensor120,

We'd love to have you in our ranks 👍

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L.
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread. To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

I was curious about what cars and tracks had been used the most so I made a list based on the info I could find. I think it is accurate and I will try to keep it up to date. Hopefully it will be helpful if the prize winners want to choose some combos that have not been used:)

To date there have been 32 Front Rear, 13 Mid-engined, 9 4wd and 5 Front drivers used.

The number at fronts is how many weeks the car has been used. (* means used for special Event)

9 - Lotus Elise 96 RM
8 - Acura NSX 91 RM (*)
7 - Honda S2000 (06)
7 - Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera
6 - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) 02 (*)
5 - Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic 07
5 - Nissan Silvia Spec-r Aero (S15) RM 02 (*)
4 - Amuse S2000 R1 '04
4 - Aston Martin DB9 Coupe 06
4 - Caterham Seven Fireblade '02
4 - Chevrolet Camaro SS 10 RM
4 - Ferrari 512BB 76
4 - Honda Civic Type R (EK) 97
4 - Tesla Roadster 08
4 - Toyota 86 GT 12
3 - Dodge Challenger SRT8 08
3 - Ferrari 458
3 - Honda CR-Z TC
3 - Mazda Roadster RS (NC) 07
3 - Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90
3 - Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A 88
2 - Acura NSX 91
2 - Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
2 - BMW M5 '08
2 - BMW Z4M Coupe 08
2 - Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C3) 69
2 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) 09
2 - Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR 08
2 - Ferrari California '08
2 - Ferrari F430 06
2 - Honda Beat 91
2 - Honda Civic Type R 08
2 - Lamborghini Gallardo LP-560-4 08
2 - Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
2 - Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA) 91
2 - Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) 08
2 - Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI '10
1 - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione 08
1 - Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 06
1 - Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro
1 - Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '03
1 - BMW Concept 1 Series tii 07
1 - BMW M3 Coupe 07
1 - Chevrolet Camaro SS 10
1 - Chevrolet Camaro Z28 69
1 - Chevrolet Camaro Z28 69 RM
1 - Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) 06
1 - Chevrolet 2014 Corvette Stingray Final Prototype
1 - Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car 00
1 - Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car 63
1 - Corvette Z06 (C5) 04
1 - Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie hemi Quad Cab 04
1 - Fiat Punto HGT Abarth 00
1 - Ford Focus ST 06
1 - Ford GT 06
1 - Gran Turismo PDI Racing Kart 100
1 - Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125
1 - Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury 07
1 - Lotus Evora 09
1 - Maserati Granturismo S 08
1 - Mazda Atenza Sports 25Z '07
1 - Mazda RX-8 Type S 07
1 - McLaren MP4-12C 10
1 - Mercedes Benz 300 SL Coupe 54
1 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV GSR 96
1 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR PP 07
1 - Nissan GT-R SpecV 09
1 - Nissan Skyline GT-R V spec II (R32) 94
1 - Renault Sport Clio V6 24V '00
1 - Shelby Cobra 427 '66
1 - Toyota FT-86 G Sports Concept 10
1 - TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00 (how did this get voted off;) )
1 - TVR Tamora '02
1 - Volvo C30 R-Desigh 09

- Edited 01/21/13

Last edited:
And now the Track list.

The number at the front is the amount of weeks the track has been used. (* used for SPecial event)

14 - Circuit Spa-Francorhamps
14 - Nurburgring GP/F (*)
9 - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
9 - Road Course Daytona
8 - Suzuka
7 - Road Course Indy (*)
5 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza
5 - Tokyo R246 / reverse
5 - Tsukuba Circuit
5 - Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse
5 - Grand Valley Speedway/Reverse
5 - Twin Ring Motegi East (*)
4 - Autumn Ring / reverse
4 - Cape Ring Periphery
4 - Grand Valley Speedway
3 - Autumn Ring
3 - Cape Ring North
3 - Deep Forest Raceway
3 - Fuji Speedway GT
3 - Grand Valley East
3 - Trial Mountain Circuit
2 - Circuit de la Sarthe 2009
2 - Eiger Nordwand Short Track
2 - Cape Ring South
2 - Circuit Madrid Reverse
2 - High Speed Ring
2 - Nurburgring GP/D
2 - Rome Reverse
2 - Space Kart 1
2 - Special Stage Route 5 / reverse
2 - Suzuka Circuit East Course
2 - Tokyo R246
2 - Trial Mountain Circuit / reverse
2 - Tsukuba Circuit w/motorcycle chicane
2 - Twin Ring Motegi West
1 - Autumn Ring Mini
1 - Cape Ring
1 - Circuit Madrid
1 - Clubman Stage Route 5
1 - Cote d'Azur
1 - Fuji Speedway F
1 - Grand Valley East / reverse
1 - High Speed Ring / Reverse
1 - kart Space I / Reverse
1 - London Reverse
1 - Rome
1 - Special Stage Route 5
1 - superspeedway Indy
1 - Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway

Edited 01/21/13

Last edited:
I was curious about what cars and tracks had been used the most so I made a list based on the info I could find. I think it is accurate and I will try to keep it up to date. Hopefully it will be helpful if the prize winners want to choose some combos that have not been used:)

To date there have been 25 Front Rear, 11 Mid-engined, 7 4wd and 3 Front drivers used.

You can find a bunch of information on Drivers and Combos in the Results Spreadsheet :)

Just click on the Driver Information or Car/Track Information tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet 👍

If you find any errors or omissions, please let me know.

The Official
S.N.A.I.L. LOTTERY​

Monday every week, all S.N.A.I.L. members who raced in Sundays races will be automatically entered into the S.N.A.I.L. lottery.
I will randomly give all racers a # and roll dice to get the winner. They will be awarded anything from D1 stockpile.

This week's S.N.A.I.L. LOTTERY winner is.....
SPOOBLE​

Just post or PM me what you would like for a prize.

Excellent! I believe I am still missing the Mark IV, so I'll take the '67 ticket, please.

Thanks, Goat!

👍

Alright Spooble! Well deserved, a little reward for being so understanding after I speared you into a wall I suppose haha

Bah. No worries about that. It was unavoidable contact. I'm most bummed about missing the last 2 races when my PS3 decided it was done with connecting to PSN for the evening. There was so much close, clean racing last night between me and you and seth and others. I remember running 2 wide through about half a dozen corners with someone. Seems like it was you. Neither one wanted to give up the spot, but we gave each other room and kept it clean the whole way! I think I ended up losing the spot in the end when I was forced to take the slower, inside line through a turn onto a long straight.

Good times!

Excellent! I believe I am still missing the Mark IV, so I'll take the '67 ticket, please.

Thanks, Goat!

Bah. No worries about that. It was unavoidable contact. I'm most bummed about missing the last 2 races when my PS3 decided it was done with connecting to PSN for the evening. There was so much close, clean racing last night between me and you and seth and others. I remember running 2 wide through about half a dozen corners with someone. Seems like it was you. Neither one wanted to give up the spot, but we gave each other room and kept it clean the whole way! I think I ended up losing the spot in the end when I was forced to take the slower, inside line through a turn onto a long straight.

Good times!

I'm guessing you're talking about the 2nd race on GVR? Seemed like an intense battle between 2nd-5th almost the entire time, even right up to the final turn. Definitely worth watching the replay again :)

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with connection issues, I myself was worried mine would cut out as a wicked lightning show rolled by during the race. Two other drivers dropped at the exact same time you did, so now we just have to figure out what you 3 did to piss PS off.

Yeah. It had to be something going on with PSN. Multiple people in different lounges and from different parts of the country all dropped at the same time. And I never have connection issues (unless I forget to pause my media server and it starts downloading something in the middle of a race.)

Another reminder; ghost cars. Now, I know for a fact that it's entirely possible to not know you're ghosting unless someone drives through you. However, I believe the policy is that, unless you have nowhere to go, you have to try to avoid driving through a ghosted car.

Up to Indy with the D4 pictures for those in that group waiting :)

The starts at Indy was not according to Racecraft!

I have to think that the new tire rules played a part in this. I still maintain, contrary to popular opinion, that the grippier tires actually improve the racing because people have more control of their cars. The harder tires also remove "tire wear" as a factor in the outcome of the race. I had almost no tire wear in any of the three series.

On a side note ... the racing in D4 was fast and furious with a lot of bumping , grinding and "trading paint" .. all due to the harder tires. I had a blast none the less and will be posting a You Tube video late tonight that may give others just a little taste of the fun we had :)

ANFD
I have to think that the new tire rules played a part in this. I still maintain, contrary to popular opinion, that the grippier tires actually improve the racing because people have more control of their cars. The harder tires also remove "tire wear" as a factor in the outcome of the race. I had almost no tire wear in any of the three series.

On a side note ... the racing in D4 was fast and furious with a lot of bumping , grinding and "trading paint" .. all due to the harder tires. I had a blast none the less and will be posting a You Tube video late tonight that may give others just a little taste of the fun we had :)

I can tell you its not the tires, its the drivers. These tires were actually pretty grippy.

I can't wait to see the D4 photos and video tonight! Get my good side and, Make me look good please. And what's up with 4 yellow cars? VOL is the yellow car, no one else.

The sports tires in general are not that bad as far as grip is concerned, they just don't wear out. The main problem for with the high powered cars on sports tires is the power oversteer. This wasn't an issue for me last night as it seemed that every time I came out of a corner, my brake pedal would flicker and drag on me. It was like running with TC most of the night and it slowed me down terribly. After some work on the pedal assembly this morning, I think I have the problem solved.

If this fix doesn't work, I'm requesting to be able to run a new time trial and be placed in a different division based on my ability with a controller.

it seemed to me at the beginning of nearly every race someone decided to overtake whether it be in the first turn, or on the straight away in indy.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with overtaking someone in the first straight or the first turn. One is simply required to be extra mindful of traffic and drive with cleanliness first in mind in the beginning of the race because the field is so tightly packed.

Soren535
I'm guessing you're talking about the 2nd race on GVR? Seemed like an intense battle between 2nd-5th almost the entire time, even right up to the final turn. Definitely worth watching the replay again

I started that race in second place after a particularly bad first race. I had just found out that I hadn't fully broken in my car and only had about 95% horsepower. All that I could do was play defense. I drove really well and might have even been able to hold third but for one mistake late in the race. I ended up in fifth. I have to say it was easily the race I was most proud of afterward.

I think I may finally have learned a few tricks on that godforsaken track. ;)

Back