TURTLE RACING LEAGUE - ENDURO Racing Series - PRACTICE TONIGHT!

I'm confused about the settings for this race. All I did was RM the camero 69 but then when I started to race, I was maxing out my transmission very quickly. Is there a transmission setting that should be changed for this race?

Finalfantasykid
I'm confused about the settings for this race. All I did was RM the camero 69 but then when I started to race, I was maxing out my transmission very quickly. Is there a transmission setting that should be changed for this race?

Unfortunately if you change even 1 ratio in your tranny, the game counts that as "tuning" and won't let you enter the track if the tuning prohibited filter is on. Luckily for you, the longest straight on Laguna Seca is 0.28 miles or so (may not be perfect, I'm not at home so that's from memory), so being quicker in the top end isn't as important.

7378158908_f219026f59_o.jpg
Turtle Racing League – Enduro Racing Series​

Special Class Race: The yardclip1 Daytona 500
Track: Daytona International Speedway
Cars: 2010 or 2011 Nascars
Laps: 200
Date: August 11, 2012

Race Results - Finish Order

Overall

1st Place: DREX81
2nd Place: micantony
3rd Place: TX_Executioner
4th Place: Ford-racing99
5th Place: mbobb1969
6th Place: martin_ky
7th Place: FFK13
8th Place: mb1425
9th Place: M-Town81
10th Place: Pyscho-Tuber
11th Place: yardclip1
12th Place: s0ul_chicken
13th Place: Afrodeezy7

Race Results - By Division

Division 1

1st Place: DREX81 (Fast Lap - 41.613)
2nd Place: TX_Executioner (Fast Lap - 41.620)
3rd Place: martin_ky (Fast Lap - 41.895)
4th Place: FFK13 (Fast Lap - 41.887)
5th Place: mb1425 (Fast Lap - 41.626)

Psycho-Tuber - DNF (disconnected lap 161)

Division 2

1st Place: micantony (Fast Lap - 41.661)
2nd Place: mbobb1969 (Fast Lap - 41.644)

Afrodeezy7 - DNF (disconnected lap 105)

Division 3

1st Place: M-Town81 (Fast Lap - 41.660 and Pole)

s0ul_chicken - DNF

Division A

1st Place: Ford-racing99 (Fast Lap - 41.728)

yardclip1 - DNF

Race Recap

We had another great race! Unfortunately, we had a couple of disconnects (Psycho-Tuber and Afrodeezy7). After everyone settled down and settled in, the race went smoothly. DREX81 took the win by using the draft, pit strategy, and conserving his tires when needed. The drivers that finished the race can say they did the Daytona 500! Congratulations guys!

When this car / track combo was tested we did'nt have a problem with hitting the rev limiter, so if it is doing it now it must have something to do with the car being broke in. We tested in new cars. Can you confirm that it is hitting the rev limiter?

...Luckily for you, the longest straight on Laguna Seca is 0.28 miles or so...

i'm fairly certain the start finish straight is longer than that (i cant find the exact dimensions), no lifting all the way to turn 2 - see below.

but, as was mentioned earlier, we're all going to be in the same boat as far as the limiter goes anyway.

483px-Laguna_Seca.svg.png

Last edited:
When this car / track combo was tested we did'nt have a problem with hitting the rev limiter, so if it is doing it now it must have something to do with the car being broke in. We tested in new cars. Can you confirm that it is hitting the rev limiter?

I havn't tested it on Laguna yet, so maybe it isn't as much as an issue there.

The Camaro handles 10X better then I thought, also when going into the pits why do they have to add that turn it kills so much time :(

The Camaro handles 10X better then I thought, also when going into the pits why do they have to add that turn it kills so much time :(

If I remember correctly, you need to go into that pit carefully. I don't remember if you get stuck, or if you get sent through without the option to change the tires or refuel.

EDIT: oops, misread your post. thought you were talking about coming out of the pits.

yeah, you can wreck going into the pits there easily. learn where to brake everyone or you'll :banghead: into the wall and can actually get stuck sometimes. good fun.

Looks like the gearing will be ok at laguna. I just did an oil change and you just get to red line down the straight. With break in you might hit rev limit just a bit, but you should be slowing down for the hairpin at that point anyways! Few laps and my best was 1.32.4xx

Also I don't know if psycho recieved his ticket from last week. I spun him out at eiger and gave him the ticket choice as restitution.

It's a hauppage but standard definition.

I think it got tossed by accident, because I had a box of random computer pieces and it was probably in there. But can't find that box.

My wife would have sold it in a garage sale for .25 if she had found it and didn't know what it was. :lol:

My wife would have sold it in a garage sale for .25 if she had found it and didn't know what it was. :lol:

Funny...My wife sold my xbox 360 for $100 bucks with games and it was still hooked up to my TV.

We had a yard sale and went to get big bills changed down to small, come back and there's some punk kid asking me what size hard drive I have on my xbox.

Funny...My wife sold my xbox 360 for $100 bucks with games and it was still hooked up to my TV.

We had a yard sale and went to get big bills changed down to small, come back and there's some punk kid asking me what size hard drive I have on my xbox.

i think she was giving you a hint. :irked:

be careful or you might come home to this:

ps3smashed.jpg
:D

The last time I raced Mic at laguna I applied so much pressure his ps3 couldn't take it and caught on fire. To bad I won't be there for a rematch.

Right about the time you guys are racing I'll be sitting around a camp fire with the wife and good friends. Camping on an island in the middle if the Rock River listening to good music and drinking pints of Newcastle. Not a bad way to spend a weekend. As long as the weather stays nice.

Right about the time you guys are racing I'll be sitting around a camp fire with the wife and good friends. Camping on an island in the middle if the Rock River listening to good music and drinking pints of Newcastle. Not a bad way to spend a weekend. As long as the weather stays nice.

That sounds like a great time, I hope the weather is nice for you. 👍

Back