PURE | LILOO - Elise, I Love You | *Round 4 tonight*

• Thread starter Litchi
  • 733 comments

Race day

• Total voters
Hey, thx for the heads up iced 👍
Did you already test this? I confess we didn't.
Of course, if inters are fast than SH, we will set a %wet limit below which it will not be possible to use them. i.e.: inters are allowed only when track is wet at 30% or more (this is just an example, don't pay attention to this 30% value).

PS: hope you guys like my new avatar ;) lol

I didnt check it out, but i remember while i was preparing my championship, tested difference between CS tyres and intermediates. Surprisingly, intermediates were about 4 seconds faster on Indy road course (drove Honda NSX)
Maybe it is possible that inters are faster then SH, however you can solve with that rule you mentioned. ''Inters forbidden until 30% water!''

And aditional posibility of limiting number of intermediate sets to just one. Then people will be trying to stay on SH for as long as possible, because inters can't last that long...

Here's a tune I used today to practise at Spa:

Ballast: -25

Ride height: 5 / -10
Spring rate: 7.5 / 8.5
Dampers E: 1 / 5
Dampers C: 1 / 5
Roll Bar: 1 / 7

Camber: 0.0 / 3.0
Toe: 0.00 / 0.00

LSD: 20 / 60 / 5

Gears
Final Gear: 3.735
Max speed: 180 km/h (112 mph)
(set final gear to 5.500 first, then max speed to 180 and then final gear to 3.735 and gear ratios)

Brakes: 8/7

Hope that helps.

Tony's Interview - Round 1​
LILOO: Hi Tony. So how do you feel after this victory?

Tony: I feel good. It's always nice to win the first race of the season especially after a bad qualifying session.

LILOO: Did you know Zikwik before this race? How did you manage to put an end to his pressure during the race?

Tony: I've had a few casual races and practice sessions with Zikwik. I had noticed he was a fast driver but he still surprised me with his pace and consistency in the race. When i managed to break out of the draft after 4-5 laps, given his laptimes in qualifying and practice i was expecting to start building a gap right away. However, somehow he was steadily lapping in the low-mid 41s and that was the maximum pace i could hold without risking a mistake. So i just focused on managing the gap, keep him out of my draft and wait for a mistake on his part. That mistake never came but fortunately for me he couldn't maintain that pace throughout the second stint so as the race went on the gap got bigger and i got in my comfort zone.

LILOO: Few people understand the way you drive, i mean lot of people wonder how you can go so fast... How can you explain that? Any secret?

Tony: I can't explain it, i don't think much when i'm driving, i don't analyze what i do. The replay pretty much shows everything.

LILOO: Best Greek on the online qualifications of GT Academy 2012... Would you be ready to "change life" if your country was eligible for this competition?

Tony: No i don't think so. I would participate in the early stages just for fun and for the experience but i would never bring my life upside down to become a Racing driver/Puppet for Nissan.

LILOO: Thanks a lot for spending some time to answer those questions Tony.
Something to say to your opponents before the Second Round?

Tony: Not really, i just hope it rains.

:gtplanet: Questions translated from french by Flore Pluginal.

Cool Interview. 👍
Seems like answering questions is the only thing Tony do during the weeks.. :lol:

haha, I hope it rains too actually. After England I've really started to like wet driving hah, or at least the idea of it.

Hope to finally get back on GT5 action this weekend, see you guys on track soon hopefully.

Always the anticyclonic conditions to cause mild weather with a bright sun in a cloudless sky. After the cool early morning hours, temperatures will rise significantly and become soft in the afternoon

Conclusion: no rain in Belgium is Friday, we will see what will be decided Litchi

Warning!

• VELOCI_2NR
    [*]Husqvarman
    [*]KingBestJr

If we have no news from you, you'll be automatically removed from the standings page after round 2.

Remind: Communication is the key in a PURE Series.

Warning!

• VELOCI_2NR
    [*]Husqvarman
    [*]KingBestJr

If we have no news from you, you'll be automatically removed from the standings page after round 2.

Remind: Communication is the key in a PURE Series.

I confess I haven't been active at all either, although I've had a family scare recently that resulted in a few trips to the hospital and a holiday cancelled, so I'm in a low spot right now, may be able to pick myself up for the next race, or the one next week, hopefully.

I confess I haven't been active at all either, although I've had a family scare recently that resulted in a few trips to the hospital and a holiday cancelled, so I'm in a low spot right now, may be able to pick myself up for the next race, or the one next week, hopefully.

I wish the best to you and your family.

Me again with some more controller related problems. My new one is faulty and has stopped working so it's very unlikely i'll have a new one in time for the race. And I definitely won't have one in time to qualify. This sucks!

qualif darkwill92 steaward : GTP_MichMich

lap 1 : 2:40.219 clean
lap 2 : 2:38.404 clean

Qualif GTP_MichMich steaward Darkwill92

Lap 1 : 2:37.386 clean
lap 2 : 2:36.783 clean

I took the stock tune, made a few minor changes to it and I managed to get a 2'38.037 laptime. If I wasn't so tired then I guess I could push it into the boundaries of 2'37.xxx. I guess I am still fairly competitive compared to you guys :D:tup: .

Me again with some more controller related problems. My new one is faulty and has stopped working so it's very unlikely i'll have a new one in time for the race. And I definitely won't have one in time to qualify. This sucks!
I hate when that happens :ouch:
That happened to me in the GP/F race in Mules series and FMSC. I was able to swap some parts out of another controller to make it work.

Sorry to hear that Jordan.
Hope all is fine your end.

I'm afraid I can't come to the qualifying session if there is one today. Too much to do and I simply don't have time for it. I'll happily start at the back of the grid on Friday.

Could I qually tonight?
think i'm ready and I'm not sure if I will have time tomorrow(maybe and only in morning)

Back