FITT 60/40, 40/60, 460PP Shootout- scores posted, congrats to tuners!

• Thread starter nomis3613
  • 636 comments

format for final round

• Deep Forest, no re-tune

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Deep Forest, 2 days for tune changes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Grand Valley, no re-tune

• Grand Valley, 2 days for tune changes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some say that I'm an Idiot. And some say that this car will fail. All we know it's not "The Runt", but is, its smaller cousin :dopey:

Half Pint
Based on the Dodge SRT-4 '03

Good man. I'll see you on the field of battle with my own absurd FWD. It won't win, but it will introduce a touch of class to proceedings :mischievous:

{Cy}

The poll is currently tied. More votes, please!

The one thing I worried is what about the testers, if I submit a car that considerably slower and harder to drive fast, would it be okay ?
Sure, that's fine. It is great to hear that you're considering how fun a car is to drive. It is much better for testers than boring cars, even if they are fast!

This might be against the norm, would it be okay if ask other tuners to try the car I have for shared, and give me an opinion which I should submit for the shootout.
Sure, there's nothing in the rules against it. As a tester, I personally wouldn't give feedback for any tuner in my group (it seems a bit biased somehow) but there is nothing in the rules against it.

Was just reviewing the rules again and had a question, are tuner cars allowed?:confused:
Yep, they're all good.

Half Pint
Based on the Dodge SRT-4 '03
How much motion blur did you use in the second pic, to make it look like it is actually going fast? :lol: :lol: Just kidding, I'm looking forward to driving it once testing starts.

Now I have so many contender for the tuning shootout, more than 10 cars have been tuned :

Toyota Supra 2.5 Twin Turbo
Toyota Supra SZ-R
Opel Speedster Turbo
Alfa Romeo 147 GTA
Peugeot 106 Rallye
Honda CRX Del Sol
Mazda Roadster NC
Ruf YellowBird
Audi S4
Subaru Legacy Blitzen
Audi RS6
Nissan Fairlady 280Z-L S130

and some other cars ...

Some are fast at AR ( less than 1:24.xxx ), some are fast at HSR/R ( 1:13.xxxx or less )

I might use the Opel or the car that's rarely used at shootout.
For the tuners, from the past events, which one of the list above is rarely used in the shootout ?
Yikes! All of them are fine. Off the top of my head, only the 106, CRX, Mazda Roadster and possibly Supra have been used recently.

Good man. I'll see you on the field of battle with my own absurd FWD.
Krenkme, if you would like to be in the same group as CyKosis, you're welcome to see if Onboy or DigitalBaka would like to swap groups with you (any other swap would put a tuner into the group they are testing, which I'd like to avoid).

CyKosis1973
Good man. I'll see you on the field of battle with my own absurd FWD. It won't win, but it will introduce a touch of class to proceedings :mischievous:

{Cy}

It's a FF party!!! Looking forward to it 👍

nomis3613
How much motion blur did you use in the second pic, to make it look like it is actually going fast? :lol: :lol: Just kidding, I'm looking forward to driving it once testing starts.

150+ mph down the straight :yikes:

Krenkme, if you would like to be in the same group as CyKosis, you're welcome to see if Onboy or DigitalBaka would like to swap groups with you (any other swap would put a tuner into the group they are testing, which I'd like to avoid).

I will see if all parties involved are okay with that. We shall see :dopey:

I can't get my tune done before the deadline. I will withdraw from tuning. Sorry guys.

I am part way through a 24h race and I'm busy between now and the deadline. I did have a tune for a Tommy Kiara ZZ-S or something which was perhaps ready but oh well... Some guys here would have seen it while we were all tuning online together.

It currently looks like I'll be adding some real class to this Shootout with my car.:D
Probably won't win but the combination of classic macho sex appeal and generally overlooked status make it hard to pass up.:crazy:
Just wish the tires were a bit wider as it can get a bit squirlly with those skinny old tires it comes with.:drool::lol:

It's a FF party!!! Looking forward to it 👍

150+ mph down the straight :yikes:

I will see if all parties involved are okay with that. We shall see :dopey:

FWD FTW..!! I've got a couple that are quick, still to decide which to submit. One is super grippy and startling on corner exit, but possibly too slow in a straight line, the other is full of V6 angriness..!! :scared:

I'm more than happy to run in an exclusively FWD group 👍

{Cy}

Here's my entry for the challenge.
ve9ka3FHeMmsfthp1dl_0.jpg

Subaru Impreza Sedan STi '10

Stage 2 Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Chassis Reinforement
Ballast Amount - 195
Ballast Position - -7

Power Limiter - 91%

6 Speed Close-Ratio Box

Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Carbon Drive Shaft
DCCD - F=35 R=65
LSD - Front(I=21 A=35 B=13)Rear(I=30 A=50 B=15)

Ride Height F=-4 R=-6
Spring Rate - F=14.0 R=11.0
Extension - F=7 R=5
Compression - F=5 R=2
Roll Bars - F=4 R=5
Camber - F=3.0 R=1.1
Toe - F=-.10 R=-.03

Brake Balance - F=6 R=4​

We had some testing online me and Grado and Cy and each car have deffernt look and good in one point . I am looking for your FF car Cy looks good and sharp in corner . Grado i got scare from your Tommy its fast . I hope that you can make it Grado 👍
I fill that it will be stronge shootout like the MCH shootout some good cars it will be here :) .

Last edited:
We had some testing online me and Grado and Cy and each car have deffernt look and good in one pointless . I am looking for your FF car Cy looks good and sharp in corner . Grado i got scare from your Tommy its fast . I hope that you can make it Grado 👍
I fill that it will be stronge shootout like the MCH shootout some good cars it will be here :) .

Not sure I'll be using that particular car, Sir. I have one that is faster, but fatter than the Celica...

{Cy}

uV70r.jpg

Gentleman's Olds

Stats:
246 HP
263 ft-lb
Weight: 1097 kg (1096 kg GV)
PP: 460
Distance: 286.0 Miles

6vhwq.jpg

Body:
Add 117 kg Ballast @ 39. (116kg @ 40 GV)

Power Upgrades None

Transmission: Settings posted below

Drivetrain:
Twin Plate Clutch / Semi Racing Flywheel / Carbon Drive Shaft
LSD: Buy - Settings below

Suspension:
Ride Height: -18/-18 (-19/-25 GV)
Spring Rates: 15.0/15.0
Dampers Extension: 9/8
Dampers Compression: 5/10 (6/10 GV)
Anti Roll Bars: 6/5 (4/7 GV)

Camber Angle: 3.0/2.2 (3.0/2.3 GV)
Toe Angle: 0.04/-0.07
(0.04/-0.08 GV)

E9WO4.jpg

Brakes: 6/4 (7/3 GV)

LSD: 10/38/20 (12/34/5 GV)

Tires: Sports Soft

Transmission Settings:

Set to 177 MPH (Set to 158 MPH (Upper Corner Shown) - 155 Lower GV)

Additional Notes: Car was tuned using ABS = 1 and DS3 = 7. You may drive it however you see fit, but keep in mind for optimum performance, you may choose to duplicate my driving setup.

Laptimes: (Tire Wear OFF, Real Grip ON, Offline)

High Speed Ring Reverse: 1:11.294
Autumn Ring: 1:21.429
(2:02.249 GV)

xP5ue.jpg

Last edited:
Can't help but think the Miura will be devastatingly fast considering it's false stats and such. I don't think the PP system does it justice, especially when you think about the recent Lambo seasonal. That 🤬 Miura on the 'Ring...

Argh! Having more trouble than anticipated getting the G Sport to do what I want. :banghead: I may just to back to my original if it looks like I won't make the deadline.

Also, I'm OK with it if krenky wants to switch groups. I'm not particular. :dopey:

Can't help but think the Miura will be devastatingly fast considering it's false stats and such. I don't think the PP system does it justice, especially when you think about the recent Lambo seasonal. That 🤬 Miura on the 'Ring...

I was originally planning on using a Countach and that was pretty damn fast but I just couldn't get it to feel and drive the way I wanted it to. So I looked around for another car and settled on my Miura because it's such a great looking thing. Prior to tuning, I had used it maybe once or twice and thought it was a crap car (LSD makes a hell of a difference). Yes, It's very fast, and yes the stats don't make it appear to be such a quick car. I've posted the times I've achieved with the Miura already so you can make your own judgement.

I have one car tuned. It handles dreamy, but it is not a 1:11 car on HSR and not a 2:22 car on AR. The other car that I have in mind is super quick, but a handful in the corners. So, do I go with all out speed or the most fun thing to drive? What is the points system this time and does it reward driver's choice?

(I'll catch up with the other replies soon...sorry gotta run)

So we've got a RUF, a Subaru, a Neon, and a Miura so far... I like it :dopey:
Mmmmm... thinks is fantastic variety. Thanks, folks :cheers:

What is the points system this time and does it reward driver's choice?
Good point, I need to post the scoring system. The gist is 10 points driver choice, 10 points at each track (based on % difference to pole position).

Also, I'm OK with it if krenky wants to switch groups. I'm not particular. :dopey:
Excellent, thanks heaps. I'll update the groups within the next 12 hours.

Opel Speedster Turbo '00
7946193756_2f0ed882ee_b.jpg

Cosmos Blue Metallic

Specs
Displacement : 1998cc
Drivetrain : MR
Horsepower: 240 hp at 5100 RPM
Torque: 280 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 72.9%
Weight: 972 kg
Performance Points: 460

7946196326_76783fb30f_b.jpg

Tuning Parts Installed :

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Chassis Reinforcement
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter : Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Mid RPM Range Turbo
Fully Custom Transmission
Fully Custom Suspension
Clutch Twin Plate
Flywheel Semi Racing

Sports Soft Tires

Weight Adjustments :
Ballast Amount: 118 kg
Ballast Position: 48
Weight Balance : 40/60

Transmission :
Move the top speed slider to 280km/h, then adjust individual gears
1st : 2.800
2nd : 1.800
3rd : 1.300
4th : 1.000
5th : 0.777
Final : 3.950
Top Speed : 301 km/h at the graph

LSD
Initial Torque : 50
Acceleration Sensitivity: 10
Braking Sensitivity: 15

Suspension :
Front, Rear

Ride Height: (-20) (-20)
Spring Rate: 6.5 9.5
Dampers (Extension): 7 4
Dampers (Compression): 5 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 6
Camber Angle: 2.6 1.6
Toe Angle: -0.03 0.06

Brake Balance :

F/R : 9/5

ABS=1 or OFF
Stick Controller
Steering Sensitivity : 0

Without ABS or any other aids, the Opel Speedster Turbo managed 1:23.3xxx at Autumn Ring and 1:12.6xxx at High Speed Ring Reverse. Both times can be improved tremendously as I am not that great.

Tuner's Note :

This car is an absolute blast to driver hard, both around the tight bends or sweeping curves. With it's light body, agile front and wild rear, the Opel Speedster is more than just a Lotus Elise in a new body shell.
7946196902_9f95823ecd_b.jpg

The turbo gives brisk acceleration from any gear, and the power to light up the semi slick tires.
This car is accessible to all kinds of drivers, but only the skilled and experienced driver could extract the most performance out of it.
The front has a sharp response, changing directions like an agile fighter, while rear favors the best drivers with accurate throttle inputs, any slip or spin is a time lost, and boy this little bull will bite back if the rear loses traction.
Rest assured though, the tune will give a high degree of grip, and when it started to slip, it will do it in a smooth gradual process, enough for the driver to mend the situation.
Don't be fooled by the seemingly loose feeling of the rear end, with proper line and smooth control, the car is capable of great speed around all kinds of corners.

7946194564_a87d931dca_b.jpg

All in all, I love this car, driving it at Autumn Ring, doing lap after lap, you will feel time gets slower as you drive on the edge, it keeps on asking for more. Enjoy !! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Hmm…I'm GMT+8, so the deadline is 12AM - 8 hours, right? Then I just overshot it. :ouch: I'll do my usual and set my car on share, then post my tune when I come back in a few hours time.

It's the MR2, though I really wanted to use my Tommy Kiara, I spent so long with the MR2 it feels like a shame if I don't use it.

A three way tie in the pole?! Argh! Here's my convoluted logic to try to manufacture a decision...
- for the track, Deep Forest vs Grand Valley is 7 vs 10.
- no re-tune vs Retune is 7 vs 10.
Therefore the final round will be Grand Valley with a 2 day period for re-tuning.

I can't get my tune done before the deadline. I will withdraw from tuning. Sorry guys.
No worries, we'll miss you! Are you still available to test?

Thanks heaps. Swap is done. Krenkme is now Group A, DigitalBaka is now Group B.

I think you made a little mistake there mate , i am only a tester ... no tuner
Sorry about that. I got overexcited and added yourself and luv2drive as tuners by mistake. It's fixed now.

Hmm…I'm GMT+8, so the deadline is 12AM - 8 hours, right? Then I just overshot it. :ouch: I'll do my usual and set my car on share, then post my tune when I come back in a few hours time.
??? By my calculations, deadline is 15 hours away.

What is the points system this time and does it reward driver's choice?
Hi MCH, hopefully by the time you read this, I'll have added the points system to the 1st post. While it may appear it is biased towards driver's choice, in past shootouts testers rarely give less than 5 points, so hopefully it will work out to be a good balance of speed and fun.

I'm pulling my entry because it's not gonna be up to standards thanks to entirely too vague of feedback.

Hell if I could get good feedback I would've stuck to the BTR.

I'm pulling my entry because it's not gonna be up to standards thanks to entirely too vague of feedback.

Hell if I could get good feedback I would've stuck to the BTR.

I should have some PS3 time tonight after 10 pm. Do you want me to run a few test for you?

I should have some PS3 time tonight after 10 pm. Do you want me to run a few test for you?

I say you should go help him out, admittedly, I was a bit crap at the feedback part. Just didn't know what's what…though the fact still stands that the Altenza is quick on Autumn Ring even with just a base tune.

Just keep in mind to short-shift…FF with a big turbo and all.

All this weight on one end is really throwing me off. Not exactly perfectly happy with it but the G Sport is as done as it will get I think. Running it through a quick break in and should have it posted this afternoon and shared some time this evening.

TOYOTA MR2 G-LIMITED'97

picture.php

This is my car its not the best but you will enjoy driving it .
I am using wheel with all aids off ( ABS 1 and CS 0 )
And its on share now

-Displacement 1998 cc
-Max. Power 296HP / 8300rpm
-Max.Torque 204ft-lb /6800rpm
-Drivetrain MR
-Length 4170 mm
-Width 1695 mm
-Height 1235 mm
-Weight 1190 kg F40 R60
-Performance Points 460 pp

SETTINGS :

Parts to buy ;

-Oil change
-Engine Overhaul
-Chassis Maintenance
-Weight Reduction Stage 2
-Window Weight Reduction
-ECU Tuning
-Engine Tuning Stage 2
-Sports Intake Manifold
-Racing Air Filter
-Sports Exhaust Manifold
-Catalytic Converter Sports
-Titanium Racing Exhaust
-Fully Customizable Transmission
-Clutch Twin Plate
-Flywheel Semi Racing
-Adjustable LSD
-Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
-Tiers Sports soft

TUNES ;

Weight Adjustment :
Ballast Amount (kg) : 102
Ballast Position : 47

Power Limiter :
Power Level :100%

Transmission :
Gearing In this order please
Reset to Default
Set Final Gear to 5500
Top Speed - 112 MPH
1st - 2.890
2nd - 2.225
3rd - 1.763
4th - 1.441
5th - 1.204
6th - 1.029
-Set Final Gear to 3.550
-IT Will Give Top Speed Up right 175MPH
-Notes: Car runs very good with an manual transmission.

Suspension :
-Ride Height : F -25 R 5
-Spring Rate : F 8.0 R 11.0
-Dampers (EX) : F 7 R 7
-Dampers (com) : F 5 R 3
-Anti Roll Bars : F 1 R 2
-Camber Angle : F 1.8 R 1.5
-Toe Angle : F 0,03 R 0,16

LSD :
Initial Torque : F 0 R 12
Acceleration Sensitivity : F 0 R 10
Braking Sensitivity : F 0 R 10

Brake Balance Controller ;
Front 6 Rear 3

ND Sam :dopey:

Last edited:
Click-ity-click below for the build. This'll be my entry. Don't be surprised if it breaks down on you, it is an Alfa, after all...

{Cy}

Click-ity-click below for the build. This'll be my entry. Don't be surprised if it breaks down on you, it is an Alfa, after all...

{Cy}

I knew it would be that thing. That thing that beat my Acura CL, the only one of yours that did. I knew you'd enter that. :P

Back