FITT 60/40, 40/60, 460PP Shootout- scores posted, congrats to tuners!

• Thread starter nomis3613
  • 636 comments

format for final round

• Deep Forest, no re-tune

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Deep Forest, 2 days for tune changes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Grand Valley, no re-tune

• Grand Valley, 2 days for tune changes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
krenkme
Okay, so this is the first I really sat down and tested (I'd like to thank NEWDRIVER for sending me a car to judge against. Thank you my friend). I have a good...umm...vehicle :dopey:. At AR, but it just does not have the pull to keep up at HSR/r. Still need yo find "the one".

P.s. the E-Type is ALOT if fun, but not up to par :dopey:

You are more than welcome my friend . Yestarday i play online by this car and its killer machine for 6 laps HSR/R and i use sport soft tiers and the others use racing soft and i win like three round first place .

Big tip, cornering speed for the 1st corner is 120mph. :P Carry that speed through, you're halfway there. :P I think. :lol:
Try more like 125-130 and your in the ball park. You need to push the car as hard into and through that first corner coming off the front straight as possible, it should be more of a letting off the gas than a braking moment entering it. If you lose to much speed entering that corner you can pretty much forget about the rest of the lap. Only corner that really requires braking is the right hander coming out of the tunnel. Throttle control through the next left hander and at most just a slight lift of the throttle for the right hander after the bridge. With 2 of the three cars I'm currently considering they go full throttle from the bridge to the first corner, the third one needs a bit more work and because of its speed requires that light liftoff after the bridge. All three will run in the 12s and the fastest one should easily get into the 11s as with just my rough test tune on it I've ran a 1:12.004.:crazy::D

Key overall at HSR/R is to be smooth with your inputs and run clean lines, the track is wide, smooth and gripy use those things to your advantage and don't try forcing ultra tight cornering but let the car run freely and smoothly.👍👍

XDesperado67
Try more like 125-130 and your in the ball park. You need to push the car as hard into and through that first corner coming off the front straight as possible, it should be more of a letting off the gas than a braking moment entering it. If you lose to much speed entering that corner you can pretty much forget about the rest of the lap. Only corner that really requires braking is the right hander coming out of the tunnel. Throttle control through the next left hander and at most just a slight lift of the throttle for the right hander after the bridge. With 2 of the three cars I'm currently considering they go full throttle from the bridge to the first corner, the third one needs a bit more work and because of its speed requires that light liftoff after the bridge. All three will run in the 12s and the fastest one should easily get into the 11s as with just my rough test tune on it I've ran a 1:12.004.:crazy::D

Key overall at HSR/R is to be smooth with your inputs and run clean lines, the track is wide, smooth and gripy use those things to your advantage and don't try forcing ultra tight cornering but let the car run freely and smoothly.👍👍

My car speed in first corner 133-135 mph . And its all about run clean lines smooth 👍 in this XD you are right . Keep the car as smooth and wide turn in first corner it will gain 1sec faster in your lap be away from tight first corner .

Many thanks to the folks who are choosing other cars just to give the shootout some variety. Very noble.

When I tested the NSX, it was actually faster as 40/60 than it was 50/50 (same weight, PP, etc). Anyway, I hope someone finds a way to get a 60/40 near the front of the field.

I'm impressed that we're at page 10 and no-one has asked about prizes! I tried to find some cool cars which you can't walk into a dealership and buy. Sorry they're not very impressive, but I've dug up these token prizes:
Chrylser 300C '05
DMC DeLorean S4 '04 (possibly with a boot/trunk full of cocaine...)
Toyota Celica 1600GT '70
Or any other tradeable car that can be bought new if you prefer. First place will get first choice of these cars, 2nd gets 2nd choice, etc.

For the final round, I'm thinking of using just one track, either Grand Valley or Deep Forest (sorry, trackripper, no love for GVE, if it's just one track I'd like it to be a bit longer). And with either no retuning, or a quick 2 day window in case tuners want to tweak their tune. Poll added, please vote.

A final random thought: if cars are requiring unusual lines for the fastest lap, tuners might like to post an instructional vid so that testers can experience their tune's full potential.

Can I still sign up? If YES, sign me up. If No, sadface. thanks
Hi Ugabugaz, it'd be great to have you involved. If you can volunteer to test one group of 5-8 cars it's :)

Otherwise it's :(, I'm afraid.

Best bet for 60/40 is probably going to be the premium Atenza, maybe a C30.

My C30 was very close to my RGT's times actually, within 0.3 secs on both tracks.

I'll test both these, I did run the Focus ST (not broken in and short on PP) and it didn't feel anywhere near as fast as two other standard FWD cars I've thrown around the HSR. I'll have a crack at both of these, as I like them, but I'm afraid they probably aren't odd-ball enough for me :mischievous:

I've got the unenviable task, otherwise, of choosing between a car that is unnervingly quick at HSR/R, for a FWD, but mediocre at AR and a car that is pretty damned quick at both...

{Cy}

My money is actually on the Atenza given we're PP limited. If it was PWR limited, I'd put my money on the C30 provided testers would be using manual and shifting it properly.

The Atenza has traction for days and a pretty good powerband for PP-limited racing, the C30 is fast as hell but the powerband is all sorts of wrong for limited PP.

My car speed in first corner 133-135 mph . And its all about run clean lines smooth 👍 in this XD you are right . Keep the car as smooth and wide turn in first corner it will gain 1sec faster in your lap be away from tight first corner .

130? What the 🤬 hell…:lol: Ah well, gonna try to go that bit quicker. Again. :lol:

Onboy123
130? What the 🤬 hell…:lol: Ah well, gonna try to go that bit quicker. Again. :lol:

If you want to see the video for it i will upload it for MR2 doing 1:12:.107 offline and 1:10.980 online :) :lol:

C'mon, there's a free spot just waiting for your Atenza tune :sly: It'd be great to have a bum-dragger in the mix!

He'd have to test though, which is hard with no PS3. Unless you lift the restriction specifically for him. :lol:

If you want to see the video for it i will upload it for MR2 doing 1:12:.107 offline and 1:10.980 online :) :lol:
How did you manage to go almost a second faster online?:odd:
Thought online was generally slower?:confused:

How did you manage to go almost a second faster online?:odd:
Thought online was generally slower?:confused:

Hmm…depends. Back when I was able to go online racing, my 500PP Elise was often faster online than off, though that car was pretty much built online and will only work properly there. :lol: Online is looser for the cars, I think.

C'mon, there's a free spot just waiting for your Atenza tune :sly: It'd be great to have a bum-dragger in the mix!

Well if someone wants to host it and is willing to help me tailor the parts selection and gearing for it... I'll run it.

Well if someone wants to host it and is willing to help me tailor the parts selection and gearing for it... I'll run it.

I'll do it!!! *jumps up and down overexcited-ly* :lol:

Or…you should rope Roj in, and do a final for RKM (for now) with the fastest Altenza yet! Well…at least, it should be.

I already roped Roj back into Drift City. I think I'm screwed trying to get him to tune in GT5. :lol:

Drift City? PC/PS2 game or something? Make a bet with him where you have an extreme advantage, win said bet, get him to tune for you. Or…just ask normally and see how it goes. :lol:

For tuner's experiences, does chassis reinforcement yield better lap times on most car ? Should I do it ?

It adds understeer for more stability, so if you have a extremely scary sideways car, then yes. Otherwise, no, I don't think.

I just about always add chassis re-enforcement. I do not have any hard evidence that it is any better or faster though.

Drift City? PC/PS2 game or something? Make a bet with him where you have an extreme advantage, win said bet, get him to tune for you. Or…just ask normally and see how it goes. :lol:

PC MMO. Cell shaded arcadier-than-arcade racing game.

And I'll try but no promises. In which case, well, you already offered. And you were gonna be the one hosting the car anyway. HUEHUEHUE.

PC MMO. Cell shaded arcadier-than-arcade racing game.

And I'll try but no promises. In which case, well, you already offered. And you were gonna be the one hosting the car anyway. HUEHUEHUE.

Hmm…why do you make it sound like it's going to be an immense effort to get Roj to agree? It'll take him all but 15 minutes then you can go back to your "Minecraft Racing" thing.

I'm surprised you took me up on that, seeing as both my gearbox tuning isn't exactly something that's worthy of praise, but now I'm all the more hoping Roj says yes. :lol: Eh, could have guessed.

Hmm…why do you make it sound like it's going to be an immense effort to get Roj to agree? It'll take him all but 15 minutes then you can go back to your "Minecraft Racing" thing.

Minecraft racing? :lol: Nah breddah. It's actually pretty fun... If you get past how screwed up the economy is. >_>

I'm surprised you took me up on that, seeing as both my gearbox tuning isn't exactly something that's worthy of praise, but now I'm all the more hoping Roj says yes. :lol: Eh, could have guessed.

My gearbox tuning is, well, easy to follow. So there won't be a problem. :D

Rotary Junkie
Minecraft racing? :lol: Nah breddah. It's actually pretty fun... If you get past how screwed up the economy is. >_>. :D

To bad the cars in GT5 don't run on Mittron. That might get you two back to tuning (well that is if you had a working PS3) :dopey:

To bad the cars in GT5 don't run on Mittron. That might get you two back to tuning (well that is if you had a working PS3) :dopey:

*insert shock and horror here krenkme knows what I'm on about*

I blame Roj! HE STARTEDDD ITTTTTT.

Edit: In fact if you've played, I'd almost be surprised if you've never seen me or Roj around. :lol:

Mittron is less efficient than regular fuel and costs about 10x more. :ouch:

Also blame RJ and a real life friend of mine for dragging me back onto the game. :dopey:

Yeah but since when did an energy drink cost 10 grand for a bottle? So maybe it's that mittron is actually stupidly cheap and mito is just extremely weak currency? :lol:

Also blame RJ and a real life friend of mine for dragging me back onto the game. :dopey:

:lol: Yeah but we blame you for dragging us into it in the first place!

Rotary Junkie
*insert shock and horror here krenkme knows what I'm on about*

I blame Roj! HE STARTEDDD ITTTTTT.

Edit: In fact if you've played, I'd almost be surprised if you've never seen me or Roj around. :lol:

VTiRoj

No pointing fingers!.... it's both your faults :lol:

Haven't played since GT5 came out. Maybe I should get back to the Island and find you guys :dopey:

You, go help your brother-from-another-mother (RJ, I mean) out and help him build his Altenza. :dopey:

Back