FITT 60/40, 40/60, 460PP Shootout- scores posted, congrats to tuners!

• Thread starter nomis3613
  • 636 comments

format for final round

• Deep Forest, no re-tune

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Deep Forest, 2 days for tune changes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Grand Valley, no re-tune

• Grand Valley, 2 days for tune changes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi folks,
Super-rushed reply, sorry. I have updated the links to all the tunes posted so far.

If you have not posted your tune, please do it ASAP. I intended for today to be sorting out FRs, but I will also accept tunes for the next 24 hours or so. Please send me a PM if you are unable to make this deadline.

But please please please make sure all your FRs are sent, so that testers can start testing as soon as they are ready. (sorry for the shouting...)

What an amazing range of cars so far, thanks to everyone for choosing such cool cars!

@Nomsis: Can I start testing now sense several tuners already have their tunes up? By 'now' I mean when I get back from work tonight. ;)
Yep, go nuts.

Nomis - much respect and thank you for letting us have Saturday to post tunes and complete the friend requests. As of this moment it looks like seven of us have not submited tunes yet. I had to work today and just got home but will get my tune and RJs posted by tonight. I will also go through all testers and make sure that friend requests are done.

Thanks again for the extra day.

Test results

Settings:
DFGT, Manual, FFB: 7, Grip: Real, all aids off, ABS: 1

OnBoy123:
Autumn Ring: 1:23.931
HRSr: 1:13.002
Drivers Choice: 8
Notes:
I was testing the cars slip around the first corner, the U, with ease. By the second lap I was holding a slight drift through all the relevant corners.
Turn-in feels very pedal dependant but my accuracy is still high, somehow.
Mid-corner is amazing. The cars ability to rotate (with the correct entry) and retain grip is nigh flawless. Even when both outside wheels (and it's telling that they are sometimes both equally red) go red a slight pull back and I can get right back on the throttle, the pause between throttle lift-off and re-application is minimal and even when red I hold my line.
Corner exit is equal to and a continuation of mid-corner. No excess roll or fishtailing of any kind. I do wish I had a smidge more power over-steer on some of the corners on HSRr.
The brakes are almost full pedal and well sensitive. My stopping distance is short and trail-braking is effortless.
Gearing is quick on AR and allows the car to stay in its powerband. It, almost, tops out nicely on HSRr.

MotorCtyHami:
Autumn Ring: 1:21.435
HSRr: 1:12.069
Drivers Choice: 9
Notes:
Balanced in every way: wheel vs pedal inputs; over- vs under-steer; brake vs throttle; slip range vs feedback range; entrance accuracy vs exit stability.
All of this balance leads to two things: high accuracy/predictability and intuitive control.
Instead of riding its slip (like OnBoys {thank you MCH and OnBoy for such desperate vehicles, I love shootouts}) it is easy (at least with a wheel) to feel the car edge closer to the grip . The car performs best when kept just below it's slip* and it is amazingly easy to keep it there.
*A few U corners, like corner 1 on AR, most definitely are the exception to the rule. High speed entrance with brief and powerful braking to help initiate rotation, then throttle on from mid-corner on, holding tight to the inside line so my setup for the next left is broad.
Trail-braking is possible if left to the last second, but the brakes are so powerful and the grip so extreme that brake lift-off is the best option for rotation. Timing a high speed trail-braking U is difficult but fist pumping rewarding when done right.
Through the slalom the car rides so finely close to its limit of grip that I am often red-lapping, not because the car is hard to control, but because I want to push that 1% to .01%.
On HSRr I'm able to go through most of the corners full throttle, counting on the grip and feedback to help keep the car on line.

Ridox:
Autumn Ring: 1:24.306
HSRr: 1:13.688
Drivers Choice: 3
Notes:
Even after I turned the ABS back to 1 (*) I had a hard time controling the car. Turn-in, in fact all steering inputs are massively influenced by the pedals. I spent more time using the throttle to steer the car, control the car actually, than I did trying to keep my speed up. I like a car that takes throttle control, probably more than the average driver on GTP, but this car takes it to an absurd degree.
Braking was short. After I got used to the style needed to drive this car trail-braking is possible but not easy or consistent.
This car doesn't have under- and over-steer, it has 'back-out' over-steer, and 'nose-in, over-steer. It's a fine line between the two and the later likes to keep a 'maintaining attitude' in a vise like grip. Recovery is nigh impossible and the tyres are usually burned red by the time I know it's starting.
* I like to use ABS 0 but rarely get the chance too. It's rare to find a car that I can use full pedal braking in order to apply the correct pressure with the correct timing needed. Without full pedal it's difficult. This car only ever needs 10% brake pedal. I just can't control the brakes correctly with 1/10 the range. Throttle application is similar but I can use about 30 - 40% till I am fully straight and the body roll has stopped then I can push up to 100%.
HSRr was more drivable than AR, but the S curve kills it, 3/4 of my laps were lost there.

CyKosis:
Autumn Ring: 1:24.283
HSRr: 1:13.601
Drivers Choice: 6
Notes:
As soon as I took the first corner I had a lullaby playing through my head, "Hush, little driver, don't make a wrong turn. CyKos gonna buy you an Alfa GT. And if that Alfa don't turn, CyKos gonna fix that tune." Ok, I'm not a poet like Adrenaline, sue me.
It's definitely a FF. Braking, steering and power all go through the front wheels.
Braking must be done very early, do not trail-brake (on AR, on HSRr trail-braking is almost necessary). Accelerate early and turn gently.
There is virtually no feedback from the wheel. It's as light as a feather at all times.
It's hard to believe that as calm and... serene... as this car is that it can almost keep up with the other cars in the shootout. There is enough power to burn both front tyres fairly easily on ARs tight turns, and they are almost always equal temperature, the exception being a long turn that I am able to maintain a steady and increased throttle pressure. Then the outside wheel starts to burn a nice white-pink while the inside is still only white.
Considering it's an FF and the problems associated with that, and my rubbish skills at driving an FF, this car can produce. It's a wonderfully calm and stable car without a hint of over-steer, with a lot of power and doesn't loose its line when the tyres burn red.
After this shootout I'm going to examine these settings and see if I can't translate them to one of my preferred FFs, then practice, practice, practice.

Krenkme:
Autumn Ring: 1:23.910
HSRr: 1:14.253
Drivers Choice: 7
Notes:
It's an FF, but it doesn't feel like an FF, not really. The back end feels alive, not just some weight hanging on. Rotation is very good, accuracy is very good and prediction is very good.
The brakes aren't as strong as I would like but trail-braking is as easy as can be asked for without unduly effecting accuracy.
Full throttle won't usually spin the tyres but there's still power, just not excessive power.
It is well balanced on my 'control or line' scale. The car is about 1/3 try to control the car and 2/3 refine the line. Just enough liveliness to feel like there's still some time left in the car lap after lap and more than enough stability to feel like I can perfect my line better lisp after lap.
Only once in my testing did I need to counter-steer, and that was smooth and instantly recoved.

XDesperado:
Autumn Ring: 1:24.155
HSRr: 1:13.331
Notes:
Very intuitive. The accuracy is excellent, but the predictability is lower than the accuracy.
Acceleration is good. The car feels like it's launching out of the tight corners.
The brakes need work. The stopping distance is almost twice that of other cars on this shootout. Trail-braking is fairly easy to work with, which is a good thing since I'm doing it wether or not I want to. The nose has a tendency to dive in dramatically.
The AR slalom is heaven. One of the best experiences in the game. As long as I'm not braking heavy then the pedal steering is very harmonized with wheel steering.
I could spend days trying to perfect my line on this car. It's close to the 50/50 mark on my 'control or line' scale.
On HSRr there is little body sway during the corners but a lot after the car exits into a straight.
The gearing is a little puzzling to me. I never really use first. Second is very short. The rest are spaced nicely.

Rotary Junkie:
Autumn Ring: 1:23.551
HSRr: 1:13.635
Notes:
Everything I do feels like I'm in bullet time.
The stability is very good. The car never feels out of sorts, even when I really screw up. The back end is good, it doesn't feel like a dead weight and sits just on the former side between stability and rotation.
The brakes are average. Distance is good. Trail-braking is not possible productively (on AR, rare on HSRr).
Gearing is great. First is a racing gear, the rest are spaced nicely and help place the power down.
The front tyres are hard to overload. They don't burn red at a whim but sit nicely white most of the time. When I do push them too hard they respond gently. I barely lose my line as I get a slight over-steer that makes a slight bump on my driving line. The power delivery is good. Even though the front tyres are hard to burn, and like to keep the same temperature in all conditions, I don't feel like the engine is being held back.
Only on HSRr and only when I got it just right did the car produce productive over-steer, only during deceleration.
On my 'control vs. line' scale this car sits comfortably 3/4 into line.

NewDriver2:
Autumn Ring: 1:23.324
HSRr: 1:12.459
Notes:
Very natural feeling and intuitive to control. If I didn't know anything about the car before I got behind the wheel I wouldn't have needed a few corners or a lap to get used to the cars handling. From the first corner the cars high accuracy shone through.
Pedal steering doesn't interfere with obtaining speed while controlling the car. The balance sits nicely toward the throttle powering rather than throttle steering.
The timing and degree in input control I need for the AR slalom is nicely mid-range. Not too little inputs is needed so that a little equals too much reaction, and not so much input is needed that the cars timing is too slow.
Unfortunately there is a smidge too much under-steer in the car. There are several corners where I want to put my foot down and rotate out the middle and through corner exit, but instead I know I have to restrain myself because of the lack of over-steer. If I did full throttle like I wanted the car would just push to the outside of the track far too early and force me to back off, and brake lift-off wouldn't rotate the car enough to compensate.
But! Despite my comments on the lack of over-steer, under-steer doesn't dominate the car, the push out is gentle and easy to control, on a few corners it's actually favorable (my driving style doesn't fit well with under-steer cars).
On HSRr the under-over problem disappears nicely. The high speed corners bring out the MR aspects of this car and help it rotate while still maintaining great grip.
Gearing is nice. 1st is a racing gear (I use it on the slower corners, rather than just hitting 2nd). The rest are spaced nicely and deliver the power evenly. It's almost bland and I wouldn't notice the gearing if I didn't think about it for this review. Which speaks well of the gearing, it's so natural that I don't think if it at all and can focus on balancing the other aspects of car control. 6th is nicely short and delivers power all the way through the long stretch on HSRr.
Braking is a little longer than the other cars in this shootout. Trail-braking almost makes up for it. On both AR and HSRr trail-braking is useful for corner entrance setup for mid- to exit full throttle. But only on mid- to high speed corners.

Theo777:
Autumn Ring: 1:23.773
HSRr: 1:13.210
Notes:
This car more than the others behaves differently on each track so I'm breaking my notes down by track.
On AR:
A very lively FF. Just enough power delivery to make throttle control necessary. The rear end doesn't just sit behind the driver, I actually fishtailed once coming out the loop.
The pedals don't influence steering, except to push out when the car is pushed too hard.
The brakes are a little lacking, but not by much. Trail-braking isn't possible.
Accuracy is good, I can hit the apex on mark, but hitting a good line is another story.
The car feels stable with just enough chaos to make it interesting.
On HSRr:
It feels like it's on rails most of the time. Even when I enter the first turn too hot I down go spinning out of control. Instead I calmly slide outward till I either hit a controllable speed or hit the wall.
Most of the time, like many of the cars tuned for this track, can be gained by growing a pair of ****. Just go into the entry just a little hot and let the natural, slight throttle balance rotate the car so I can throttle up.
I think I only brake before the S complex. The rest of the time it's all throttle control. Rarely will I go fully off the throttle, keeping the weight back as much as I can.

TrackRipper123:
Autumn Ring: 1:22.202
HSRr: 1:12.831
Notes:
Almost too stable. I kept pushing it on my first lap and I couldn't get it too misbehave.
Accuracy is very good, as is prediction. I can easily see where I need to be (where the line is) and the car is intuitive enough that it's no problem getting there.
Throttle control is something for other cars, as soon as I hit mid-corner on a simple corner (like the loop) I'm full throttle. It takes fairly extreme inputs to disturb the car enough to spin out)
Gearing is good enough that I don't notice it on AR. First is a racing gear and the rest are nicely spaced.
On HSRr I have no fear of hitting the wall on the first corner it I take it full speed without braking. The handling feels the same on both tracks.
The brakes are above average. Stopping distance is good and trail-braking is easy and useful. The transition from braking attitude to throttle attitude is near flawless.
(This car's catchphrase is, "I like it RUF.")

JTQmopar:
Autumn Ring: 1:25.086
HSRr: 1:15.824
Notes:
Within a few corners I was drooling over the feedback and changed my wheel discipline from my usual DFGT sports grip to my real life underhand grip. It felt perfect. I've never driven a car in GT5 that gave me the feeling I had power steering between me and the wheels. Light but very tactile.
Accuracy is very good, and prediction is better than average. The stability is very good but it's hard to access usable over-steer. Under-steer is this car's natural state and it takes a c'e corner to initiate over-steer. This under-steer is not harsh (or prediction would suffer) but just hard to overcome. Honestly, it can almost be mistaken for an FF.
Gearing is disappointing. First isn't raceable but the rest are nicely spaced. I'm almost topping out 6th at the end of HSRr. Power delivery is so muted that it's almost impossible to burn the rear tyres, even under extreme cornering/inputs. The front tyres will burn, producing even worse under-steer, but it takes a lot of pushing to get them there.

HaoleHatingWRX:
Autumn Ring: 1:23.307
HSRr: 1:13.959
Drivers Choice: 8
Notes:
Very intuitive, by lap three my times didn't change much, except for time accountable to trying different driving lines, which often resulted in continuous slow improvements. This is true for both tracks. On HSRr my ghost was never visible unless I chose I different line.
Nearly flawless prediction. Where's the line? Under the car.
Accuracy is amazing. I don't have to think about how to get the car where I want. My focus is always on choosing a line and getting on the gas as quickly as possible.
It feels like a perfect blend between a FF and a 4WD. It is obviously front heavy, like an FF, and most of my inputs still go through the front tyres (braking, steering, most of the throttle) but the back isn't a dead weight behind the driver, its an active participant and helps to push the front smoothly from under- to over-steer.
The breaks are great. The stopping distance is almost half that of most other cars and trail-braking is effortless.
Rotation is smooth, quick and stable. While trail-braking can help rotate the car properly I try to find lines that favor the throttle. A little throttle produces under.-steer, more is stabilizing and more produces slight over-steer. If the car is pushed too hard on entry, and rarely on mid- to exit, the three most prominent tyres will burn, the outside front going almost liquid at times. This would result in heavy under-steer till I pulled back. By which time I lost my chosen line. Even given that the window for throttle control is wall to wall.
Feedback is kinda disappointing, but at no time am I fighting the wheel. Throttle control and steering are harmonized.
Gearing is good. First is a little small to be usable (just over too high for first and just under too low for second), but the rest are spaced nicely. Sixth has enough room left on HSRr that I have hopes I might be able to top it.
On HSRr the only corner I brake for is the entry for the S. I tried several lines but full throttle with a smooth turn-in produced better times.

DigitalBaka:
Autumn Ring: 1:23.230
HRSr: 1:13.534
Drivers Choice: 6
Notes:
Not a very harmonious car. For an FR under-steer seems to be the cars natural state and over-steer is hard to produce and when I can it is unpredictable.
Braking is long, at least a quarter more than average. Trail braking does induce situational over-steer but it's not usually worth it because snap under-steer is the end result. If I try to maintain any of the over-steer using the throttle the under-steer is worse, not better.
The brakes are very sensitive, even a minor dab will nose down the front.
The gears are ok. First isn't a racing gear, but the rest are spaced well enough.
It's almost impossible to over-power the rear tyres, throttle control isn't nearly as important as brake control.
On HSRr I have to dab the brakes to enter turn one correctly. And the focal corner (what I believe CyKosis referred to as the penultimate), after the bridge, I have to lift-off the throttle, or I'm in the wall by the end, usually long before the end. I think this is the only FR I need to lift-off on, and it's killing the cars time.

Ugabugaz:
Autumn Ring: 1:22.062
HSRr: 1:12.539
Driver Choice: 9
Notes:
Amazing balance. I can give the car full throttle 2/3 of the way through the loop.
Brakes are good. Stopping distance is about average and trail-braking is possible and sets up the car nicely.
Accuracy is high despite the large influence pedal steering has. Prediction is very high, this car is just shy of feeling like it's on rails. Body roll on both tracks felt perfectly in sync with rotation and speed.
Gearing is ok. First is usable only when I hit a slow corner too slowly. The rest are spaced nicely. Fifth doesn't get near topping out. I can't help but think how much time could be gained by a usable first and an extended fifth.
The car has a lot of usable power. I can feel it push the front end but only rarely can I push it past its limit with chaotic results. Instead of the front or rear end sliding out when I push too hard both ends slip at the same rate and the car very gently and slowly, inch by inch, slips toward the outside. And it still accepts steering inputs so it's easy to turn in a little more gently and turn the slip into a power exit. This gives the car a massive window for error correction and driving at the limit is easier than sporting around in most cars. This is very noticeable on AR and this attitude dominates the first corner of HSRr, the best powerslide of all the cars. Its not really drifting, it's slipping with power.
That's this car's catch phrase: "slips with power."
I was going to give the car an eight for drivers choice, but because the cars behaves the same on both tracks I'll give utility a nine. This line is going on my favorites list. Long form review possible when my schedule is more clear.

Last edited:
7958813662_b3801631dd.jpg

Link to my tune https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7586896#post7586896
Car is on share.

Last edited:
Round One

This is Rotory Junkie's official/unofficial tune for round one of this competition. Rj is still without a PS3 (when's your birthday dude - I think it's time to take up a collection to buy you one). Being without a PS3, RJ had to tune through osmosis, trying to get inside my head and make sense of the driver feedback that I was supplying.

7958814464_aa4d0dfdc4.jpg

Mazda Altenza Sport 25Z '07
334hp, 1580kg, 460PP

Tracks - High Speed Ring Reverse and Autum Ring

GT Auto Services
Car Wash
Oil Change (after 200 mile plus break in)
Competition Yellow Mica Paint
Aftermarket Rims

Installed Parts
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 3
High RPM Turbo
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Adjustable LSD
Suspension Fully Customizable
Sports Soft Tires

Offline Tune
RH -15/-15
Springs 14.8/4.5
Dampers ext 9/9
Dampers comp 5/8
ARB 1/7
Camber 2.3/0.2
Toe -0.20/-0.25
LSD 7/35/5
Brake 2/10
Balast 110
Ballast Position 50
Weight Distribution 60/40
Power Limiter 96.3%

1st gear 2.876
2nd gear 2.375
3rd gear 1.880
4th gear 1.540
5th gear 1.294
6th gear 1.103
Final gear 3.085
Top Speed 180km/112mph
Top Speed read out 170mph

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mazda Altenza Sport 25Z '07
299hp, 1310kg, 460PP

8011217840_1a61253d0d.jpg

Track - Grand Valley Speedway

Don't you love it when your girlfriend goes to fat camp for a week and loses 600 pounds? Your car gets better gas mileage when you take her out on the town. It corners better. And, she doesn't crush you anymore when she wants to be on top. The world is just a better place with a girl who is 600 pounds lighter. That's kinda the same experience you're going to feel with RJ's car between round one and round two.

GT Auto Services
Car Wash
Engine Rebuild
Competition Yellow Mica Paint
Aftermarket Rims painted Black

Installed Parts
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Adjustable LSD
Suspension Fully Customizable
Sports Soft Tires

Offline Tune
RH -15/-15
Springs 14.8/4.5
Dampers ext 9/9
Dampers comp 5/8
ARB 1/7
Camber 2.3/0.2
Toe -0.20/-0.25
LSD 7/35/5
Brake 2/10
Balast 91
Ballast Position 50
Weight Distribution 60/40
Power Limiter 100%

Set final gear to 4.500
Set Top Speed to 112mph
1st gear 3.285
2nd gear 2.690
3rd gear 2.125
4th gear 1.760
5th gear 1.478
6th gear 1.260
Final gear 3.025
Top Speed 180km/112mph
Top Speed read out 161mph

I am hosting RJs car and it is on share now.

Last edited:
Thanks to all the tuners who have posted their tunes. Can everyone please make sure the Friend Requests are sorted and the cars are on sharing. Please note that Ugabugaz' PSN is actually ugabugaz_euro, I just changed it.

We are waiting on tunes from:
- LineR32
- CSLACR
- Jackthalad
Can you please post your tune ASAP, so that testers can test.

Did I make the limit?
Absolutely. Nice Holden!

I'd also like to be a tester.
PSN: jtqmopar
2 groups
I just decided it's gonna be a race weekend when I'm not enjoying my new Logitech 5.1 surround system (I'm about to hook it up to the TV!). If at all possible I'd like to test Group A and B please.
Sure, thanks for volunteering.

Ronald6
Side note: Nomis, it looks like I'm only testing group 1. Mind if I test everyone?
I don't mind at all. In fact I would much appreciate it! :bowdown: Would you like to test the final round also? (1 track, top 2 cars from each group)

EDIT: Happy Birthday RJ, and thanks MCH for your work to get him into this shootout 👍

Last edited:
I have a Zonda tuned that you could enter. It just makes the 40/60 rule and PP at 51% power limiting.
Alternatively you could have the Spirra that was my second choice of cars Ronald.:D
I'd offer the HCD6 which was my fastest car at HSR/R but it still needs tons of work done on it for AR.:drool:

Hi folks,
It seems a bit silly to have 3 cars or less in a group, so if we end up with this, I will remove the group and redistribute the tunes between the other groups (max 6 cars in any group). Sorry for changing groups around at this late stage, but I think it is worth it.

So, at this stage, there is a good chance Group B will be redistributed into A, C and D. Please let me know if you think this is a bad idea.

Umm, I'm just testing. 👍
Woops, sorry about that. Thanks for testing.

I feel bad for doing this, but I'm afraid I'll have to drop out of this competition. Schoolwork has gotten to me and I haven't had the time to balance GT5 with life much.

For the tuners that haven't posted their car here :
- robrabbitman
- LineR32
- CSLACR
- Ronald6
- Jackthalad
- trackripper123
I have a spare car tuned quite well, it's an Elise, any one interested to tune it further and use it to to enter just let me know, I will give the car for free. I also have several other cars on share that have been tuned for this event, hit me up if anyone interested in any of them for submission, I can send them too.

Well rob just dropped and I would think Jack as well, Ronald is only doing testing and trackripper was the first to submit his RGT tune. That leaves CSL and LineR32.

With two tuners still missing (CSLACR and Liner32) I think we have seven 40/60 tunes and seven 60/40 tunes. I think it would be cool to make this into two groups. Group A 40/60 cars and group B 60/40 cars then have them face off in round two. It would also be cool for round two if a PP adjustment was made to the slower of the two groups.

It all depends on whether the two missing tunes get posted tonight or if they get dropped. It just sounds too cool not to consider the round one split in this way. What does everyone think?

I wished CLSACR and Liner32 could submit their tunes soon, that way we have an even numbered cars, 8 cars in each group, PP adjustments is fine I guess, makes things more interesting.
I have so many spare tunes now, just gave my little Del Sol away at the Marketplace, still there are many others, 147 GTA, Supra, Fairlady, Elise and more ... I'm sharing them, anyone are free to use the settings to help them finishing the tune.

With two tuners still missing (CSLACR and Liner32) I think we have seven 40/60 tunes and seven 60/40 tunes. I think it would be cool to make this into two groups. Group A 40/60 cars and group B 60/40 cars then have them face off in round two. It would also be cool for round two if a PP adjustment was made to the slower of the two groups.

It all depends on whether the two missing tunes get posted tonight or if they get dropped. It just sounds too cool not to consider the round one split in this way. What does everyone think?

If we do that, I vote however many PP it adds when I add supercharger and st.1 engine to the Goat :D

Test results!
All testing conducted using sixaxis controller.

GROUP A
Motor City Hami- Elise 111R
Comments:
Dammit, I should have banned the Elise! :ouch: :lol: Or perhaps Motor City Hami needs to be handicapped by using a standard LSD! At Autumn Ring, this car just blasted off into the distance, nailing corners with scalpel precision. Granted, it can get a bit taily under brakes, but here this was a great assistance by improving agility in tricky sections. Perfect gearing. Wonderful tune.

At High Speed Ring I found the handling- especially the tail-happy brakes- a bit too hyperactive for HSR's flowing layout. However, it was still excellently balanced and a very good tune.

Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:22.5
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:12.7
Drivers choice points (out of 10): 10

Onboy123- MR2 Spyder '99
Comments:
Having just manhandled Krenkme's Neon around, I had to quickly re-wire my brain, because that style led to lurid oversteer angles in this MR2! Wonderfully sharp turn-in, but it is a real handful when you reach for the accelerator pedal again. It also seemed more sensitive to bumps and camber, perhaps this feeling is just a result of the "excitable" handling though. With a clean lap, there are a few more tenths to be had, but this car would take a while to master at Autumn Ring. I really like the tall first gear, in fact all of the gearing is perfect.

Now, onto HSR-R. Sublime! The power oversteer has disappeared, replaced with wonderfully balanced and adjustable handling. Brilliantly adjustable under brakes- braking too late causes the tail to gently swing around, allowing you to change your line and minimise the penalty. Great stuff.

Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:25.3
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:12.4
Drivers choice points (out of 10): 8

Ridox2JZGTE- Opel Speedster Turbo
Comments:
Yikes, a tune to keep drivers on their toes at Autumn Ring. Very oversteery, even more so than Onboy's MR2. From entry to exit, keeping the car pointed straight ahead is a real challenge. The loose rear end also makes for some interesting moments over bumps. A tune for the brave...

At High Speed Ring, it was much better balanced, but even in 3rd gear I had to be careful with the throttle when I still had steering lock on, otherwise the outside rear wheel would rotate the car too much. Nice work with the gearing, you made a great spread of ratios, despite only having 5 cogs to play with! Sorry for the bad news, this car did not suit my driving style.

Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:25.4
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:13.8
Drivers choice points (out of 10): 5

CyKosis1973- Alfa 147 GTA
Comments:
This tune grew on me at Autumn Ring. To start with, I found it too understeery at turn-in and mid-corner. But I started to enjoy the challenge of manhandling it around chasing Onboy's (often sideways) ghost. I found the gearing awkward at Autumn Ring, many corners were right on the border of 2nd and 3rd. Good front grip and exit and a fun challenge to throw around Autumn Ring.

At High Speed Ring it was also a smooth operator. The lack of grunt hurt it (although the sound is wonderful) and a bit more mid-corner front grip would be nice.

Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:25.7
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:14.4
Drivers choice points (out of 10): 7

krenkme- Neon
Comments:
Wonderful front grip for an FF with a nose full of lead. It is slow to react to steering inputs, and I suspect it loses time due to this and possibly braking distances. Despite the modest straight line grunt, it posted a good laptime at Autumn Ring and was very enjoyable in the process.

The corner entry issue was most obvious at Turn 1 at High Speed Ring, where it dropped half a second compared to the Alfa, so the rest of the lap was spent trying to claw this back. Gearing seems too short at this track, I was well into the redline on the main straight. Again, the front grip was excellent considering the drivetrain and weight distribution. Overall, a great FF tune- very enjoyable.

High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:14.4

Last edited:
Test results!
All testing conducted using sixaxis controller.

Onboy123- MR2 Spyder '99
Comments:
Having just manhandled Krenkme's Neon around, I had to quickly re-wire my brain, because that style led to lurid oversteer angles in this MR2! Wonderfully sharp turn-in, but it is a real handful when you reach for the accelerator pedal again. It also seemed more sensitive to bumps and camber, perhaps this feeling is just a result of the "excitable" handling though. With a clean lap, there are a few more tenths to be had, but this car would take a while to master at Autumn Ring. I really like the tall first gear, in fact all of the gearing is perfect.

Now, onto HSR-R. Sublime! The power oversteer has disappeared, replaced with wonderfully balanced and adjustable handling. Brilliantly adjustable under brakes- braking too late causes the tail to gently swing around, allowing you to change your line and minimise the penalty. Great stuff.

High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:12.4

Hmmm…looks like I would have been better off in the Tommy K…:lol: Damn. Still, results seem to be quite good. I'm surprise neither you nor Ronald have given me any hell over the camber choice though. Anyway, thanks for the test.

I think it would be very cool, but the downside is it drastically changes the groups, so a lot of new Friend Requests would be needed which is dangerous at this late stage.

The other option is to
- retain groups A, C and D
- put Theo777 and CSLACR into Group C
- put lineR32 and DigitalBaka into Group D

Please share your thoughts on whether you prefer the 2 groups (60/40 and 40/60) or 3 groups (A, C and D). To keep things moving along, I will decide in 24 hours time.

Ridox2JZGTE- Opel Speedster Turbo
Comments:
Yikes, a tune to keep drivers on their toes at Autumn Ring. Very oversteery, even more so than Onboy's MR2. From entry to exit, keeping the car pointed straight ahead is a real challenge. The loose rear end also makes for some interesting moments over bumps. A tune for the brave...

At High Speed Ring, it was much better balanced, but even in 3rd gear I had to be careful with the throttle when I still had steering lock on, otherwise the outside rear wheel would rotate the car too much. Nice work with the gearing, you made a great spread of ratios, despite only having 5 cogs to play with! Sorry for the bad news, this car did not suit my driving style.

Autumn Ring best laptime: 1:25.4
High Speed Ring Reverse best laptime: 1:13.8
Drivers choice points (out of 10): 5

Thanks for the great test review, I knew it would be hard to drive without getting the rear tailed out. I was going to submit the Elise which is a lot more stable at the rear and quicker. I decided to have the most fun car, though the mid RPM turbo didn't help either with rear traction, too much torque for the skinny tires :ouch: Any way, I am happy with the result, I do hope the car will give more enjoyment with more driving.

The group will be decided in 24 hours ? So I should wait before I started to test Group B cars ?

(when's your birthday dude - I think it's time to take up a collection to buy you one)

Passed a month and two days ago. :lol:

Being without a PS3, RJ had to tune through osmosis, trying to get inside my head and make sense of the driver feedback that I was supplying.

Luckily, your head is an easier place to understand than my own, so it went pretty well I reckon.

334hp, 1580kg, 460PP

She's been eating some good food. :D

Nomis i will start to test some cars thats if ok with you mate 👍

Edit : i think it will be more good to be three groups A,C,D .

Last edited:
I'm surprise neither you nor Ronald have given me any hell over the camber choice though. Anyway, thanks for the test.
You're welcome. After my previous experiments with crazy toe angles, I'm in no position to criticise unusual alignment settings!

Not being able to use the LSD - that would be torture for me!:nervous:
:mischievous: ;)

Thanks for the great test review, I knew it would be hard to drive without getting the rear tailed out.
No worries. Keep in mind, I use controller, perhaps the car is easier for wheel drivers.

Nomis i will start to test some cars thats if ok with you mate 👍

Edit : i think it will be more good to be three groups A,C,D .
Sure, it's fine by me. The only thing is if we end up swapping to 2 groups (60/40 and 40/60) then some of the cars you test now will not count, because they won't be in your group once the changes happen. But you're welcome to test them anyway. 👍

So its better to wait for the groups end up by two or three group . 👍
I will be test only one group then later . And also the finnal round :) .

Back