FITT 60/40, 40/60, 460PP Shootout- scores posted, congrats to tuners!

• Thread starter nomis3613
  • 636 comments

format for final round

• Deep Forest, no re-tune

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Deep Forest, 2 days for tune changes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Grand Valley, no re-tune

• Grand Valley, 2 days for tune changes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Group D Test Results

Test method :
Tests were done using :
stick controller,
manual transmission,
no ABS and all other aids off
Grip = real
Steering sensitivity = 0​

I gave each car 5 nonstop lap at each track

trackripper123 RUF RGT ’00

Autumn Ring 1:22.543

One of the best car I have driven at Autumn Ring, the car handles so well. I kept pushing hard, rarely the car would understeer on exits, the brakes worked so nice, even without ABS. I have one of the best 1st sector time at 28.056 seconds with this car. In my 5 lap run, not even once I went sideways. Gearing is evenly spaced, steering is responsive, the car shines on the s bends, lots of speed there. Great job.

High Speed Ring Reverse 1:12.146

The Ruf surprised me yet again, the car is very stable on high speed long curves, able to maintain speed with ease. The s bend can be taken with lots of speed, and it hardly exhibits any over or under steer. The only concern I have is the rather short 6th gear, I hit the rev limit on the straight reaching 160 mph for only a split second.

Drivers Choice Points: 8.5 out of 10

Jtqmopar Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe ’04

Autumn Ring 1:24.637

The car has potential to do better with only BB changes, it is well balanced with slight understeer when pushed hard out of a corner. The big drawback is lack of acceleration, even with such a short gearing. On some corners, 3rd or 4th gear can be used, as the 3rd felt too short, this is also the only car I have driven that use the 6th gear on the main straight. Braking is also one of it's weakness, not enough bite and I have some instability even when braking straight due to the default 5/5 BB used. The car almost never went oversteer except when braking hard, which is quite nice for an FR. ABS drivers should have less issue and have better time, maybe high 1:23, as my best lap has at least 2 heavy braking slides ( 1st corner and right hairpin after 2nd straight )

High Speed Ring Reverse 1:15.068

The short gearing really hurt this car, if only it has better spaced gearing, the Pontiac would have 1:14 easily. The car tops at a measly 147 mph on the main straight, stability on the 1st corner is not bad either, able to hold at least 123 mph with a smooth entry. Braking for the S bend is a hit and miss, most of my time lost in this section, 1:14.xxx definitely achievable.

Drivers Choice Points: 6 out of 10

HaoleHatingWRX Subaru Impreza STi ’10

Autumn Ring 1:23.104

I've never driven WRX that is as nimble as this, it weaves through the slalom and the chicane after the loop with brilliant accuracy. The suspension is quite stiff, it easily jumps and unsettled when riding over the rumble strip. 1st to 3rd gear acceleration is exceptional, but from 4th onwards, the acceleration is getting worse due to the heavy weight. This weight issue also affect the braking, I find the brake not up to the task, a higher brake number would do better. Mild understeer appears unexpected at times, sometimes I can push it hard out of a corner with no issue, other times it goes wide. Overall, a nice car to drive around the twisty bits. With more laps, I believe this car could easily do low 1:22 as my best time has so many room for improvement.

High Speed Ring Reverse 1:14.087

The WRX response very well when turning on the S bend and the right curve after the bridge, the only flaw this car has is the weight and a lack of acceleration on 5th and 6th gear even with the already short ratio. Top speed barely goes over 152 mph, the 2nd lowest I have encountered in the tests. The WRX also seems a bit unpredictable when entering high speed sweeping curve ( 1st corner ), I have to use some left foot braking to adjust speed smoothly, otherwise the car would loose to much speed or unable to turn smoothly - this is maybe just me.

Drivers Choice Points: 7 out of 10

Ugabugaz Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone ’67

Autumn Ring 1:22.607

The time says it all, the beauty of perfection, the Miura gives me so much pleasure, the car point wherever you want it, the slalom is a joy to drive over, the loop is so easy to travel, point and squirt, even when the tires started pushed too hard, it will slide with finesse. Braking is almost perfect, a bit unstable at the rear, just a tiny more bite, it will be just right. I still can't believe how fast this car is, obviously 1:21 time is within reach.

High Speed Ring Reverse 1:11.752

The only car I have tested that still has great acceleration even on 5th gear, the Miura has tremendous speed topping at 162 mph on the main straight, maintaining high speed even when I enter a bit wide on the S bend. Braking after the tunnel is a bit tricky as the brake strength is severely lacking to my preference. My best run here has the 2nd sector at 39.xxx, another 0.1 second alone could be had on the 1st sector, a low 1:11.xxx is within range.

Drivers Choice Points: 9 out of 10

Digitalbaka Toyota FT-86 G Sports Concept ’10

Autumn Ring 1:23.708

How can I put this ... the FT86 handles well, but more often than not it goes wide when on corner exits. The rear tires grips like a glue, a rarity for an FR, but the front grip easily diminished when going full on exiting a turn. I have to be very careful with the throttle, especially during the slalom, the right curve, right hairpin and the loop. Acceleration wise, this car is great, able top reach 120mph+ before 1st corner, but the braking need more bite and it has too much rear bias which makes trail braking a real challenge. Overall, with a looser rear and nimble front ( less understeer ), this would be a perfect FR. The time could also be improved, 1:22 or lower with a perfect run, my 1:23.708 has quite a few corners with understeer, 1st corner slide and only 28.680 1st sector.

High Speed Ring Reverse 1:13.374

FT86 feels at home in this track, great speed and acceleration, able to hold 124 mph at the 1st turn and tops at 157 mph, the only trouble I have is braking after the tunnel, the car tends to lose rear balance and goes wide, hurting the lap time significantly, my guess with a smooth section here, 1:12 is easily achievable. Nice car overall.

Drivers Choice Points: 7 out of 10

Last edited:
CyKosis:
Autumn Ring: 1:24.283
HSRr: 1:13.601
Notes:
As soon as I took the first corner I had a lullaby playing through my head, "Hush, little driver, don't make a wrong turn. CyKos gonna buy you an Alfa GT. And if that Alfa don't turn, CyKos gonna fix that tune." Ok, I'm not a poet like Adrenaline, sue me.
It's definitely a FF. Braking, steering and power all go through the front wheels.
Braking must be done very early, do not trail-brake (on AR, on HSRr trail-braking is almost necessary). Accelerate early and turn gently.
There is virtually no feedback from the wheel. It's as light as a feather at all times.
It's hard to believe that as calm and... serene... as this car is that it can almost keep up with the other cars in the shootout. There is enough power to burn both front tyres fairly easily on ARs tight turns, and they are almost always equal temperature, the exception being a long turn that I am able to maintain a steady and increased throttle pressure. Then the outside wheel starts to burn a nice white-pink while the inside is still only white.
Considering it's an FF and the problems associated with that, and my rubbish skills at driving an FF, this car can produce. It's a wonderfully calm and stable car without a hint of over-steer, with a lot of power and doesn't loose its line when the tyres burn red.
After this shootout I'm going to examine these settings and see if I can't translate them to one of my preferred FFs, then practice, practice, practice.
Great time at the HSR, and I'm glad to see you managed to beat Krenkme's Dodge..!! I left the comfy seats, aircon, stereo and sound proofing in, for added cosseting. Ideally the car could do with shedding a few pounds, but I feel the weight keeps the car from becoming truculent and argumentative. I expect the tyre heating you're experiencing on the wide, fast corners is due to weight. With the tyre load indicator on, I would see a vivid red "!" on the outside front going through the apex of T1 at HSR. Not sure what I could do about that, other than shedding the aforementioned pounds.

I'm delighted you seemed to enjoy the car. Thanks for your time and efforts, they're appreciated 👍

{Cy}

I use an Automatic and what is this short-shifting you speak of. A big problem on Autumn Ring is the curbs, they upset the car a lot.

I know you do, hence me saying that it could be a reason for that rascal's handling in your hands. :P Hmm…the time's not too bad, I think it's around 0.3 off what my fastest was.

Err…Nomis, would that not kinda interfere with the results with a bias towards the latter groups if that was the case? Since you accumulate more skill over time in testing, you'd naturally get faster the more you drive, so it'll be…novice Nomis starting in Group A, intermediate Nomis in Group C, then advance Nomis in Group D. Eh, just my usual load of noise though, take it or leave it. :lol:
I'll take it!!

It shouldn't matter if my driving is say 0.5s quicker for Group D than Group A. The scoring only needs to be consistent within each group, for the scoring it doesn't matter how the times compare between groups. The fastest 2 cars from each group will go through to the final, regardless of whether the Group A testers are, on average, faster or slower than the Group D testers.

I will be driving for him too. He will be on the phone listening to the tire squeals and telling me to turn right or left. :)

Actually Nomis, I plan to test both C and D and you only have me listed as C. I have already tested Group D HSRR.
:lol:

Thanks heaps for adding the extra group, I'll update the list.
Apologies for the absence.

If you don't mind I should still be able to test a group, presumably group D?

Edit: I should be able to test the final round if you want more testers as well.

Look, please do! I'd be very interested to see what you have to say about my misweighted heap. :D:embarrassed:
+1 to DigitalBaka, we would really appreciate your testing CSLACR. Including DigitalBaka's misweighted heap :D

Last edited:
krenkme, your Autumn Ring time is up. Very similar to CyKosis's time :)

Wonder how the half-pint will fare on HSR-R

Edit: HSR-R time up as well (Had tested it yesterday, Couldn't improve). Bit slower than Cy here, still very close. Overall though its a different story.

Last edited:
Hey where are all our group C testers? Groups A and D have been receiving lots of love but not group C.:(
We have a great group of cars to and deserve some love and attention as well.:dopey:

Hey where are all our group C testers? Groups A and D have been receiving lots of love but not group C.:(
We have a great group of cars to and deserve some love and attention as well.:dopey:

I might just go ahead and test Group C. Your Fehwawi is tempting.

Yeah well, your car is a blast to drive. Be thankful I couldn't extract more from the Miura, because that was the surprise of the event so far...

{Cy}
Not sure why you consider the Muira a surprise, it was one of the top cars in krenkme's classic car Shootout if I recall correctly. Almost surprised we didn't see a slightly detuned Camaro as well considering the success they had in that event as well.:odd:

edit: it was the LP400 Countach and not the Miura in the Classic Car Shootout.

Last edited:
Not sure why you consider the Muira a surprise, it was one of the top cars in krenkme's classic car Shootout if I recall correctly. Almost surprised we didn't see a slightly detuned Camaro as well considering the success they had in that event as well.:odd:

edit: it was the LP400 Countach and not the Miura in the Classic Car Shootout.

The LP400 is a beast, I had a tussle online with one the other day, in my TRD Celica. I had him on all the corners, but damn is that thing swift in a straight line..!!

It's a rather eclectic mix in this shootout, seeing an old motor like that made me smile, much like your Fezza. The second biggest surprise, in amongst all the Italian exotica, was HaoleHatingWRX's Scoobie. A proper two fingered salute to the rest of the pack..!!

{Cy}

The LP400 is a beast, I had a tussle online with one the other day, in my TRD Celica. I had him on all the corners, but damn is that thing swift in a straight line..!!

It's a rather eclectic mix in this shootout, seeing an old motor like that made me smile, much like your Fezza. The second biggest surprise, in amongst all the Italian exotica, was HaoleHatingWRX's Scoobie. A proper two fingered salute to the rest of the pack..!!

{Cy}
Another surprise wasn't seeing more 4wd cars. I tested a detuned R8 4.2 which ran fairly well at AR but lacked a bit of speed at HSR/R mainly due to the severity of the power limiting needed to get it down to 460PP. Something like the CZ-3 Tarmac I used in the last Shootout might have done better but I didn't want to use the same car back to back.:drool:

CyKosis1973
Yeah well, your car is a blast to drive. Be thankful I couldn't extract more from the Miura, because that was the surprise of the event so far...

{Cy}

I always knew that was going to be really quick, the PP is too low for that car, as seen in the recent Lambo seasonals, it's as fast as a 540PP car but is only rated at 516PP (?) I think.

Another surprise wasn't seeing more 4wd cars. I tested a detuned R8 4.2 which ran fairly well at AR but lacked a bit of speed at HSR/R mainly due to the severity of the power limiting needed to get it down to 460PP. Something like the CZ-3 Tarmac I used in the last Shootout might have done better but I didn't want to use the same car back to back.:drool:

True, true. I ran a Golf R32 and a Mazdaspeed6 for this, but the Fat Alfa kept calling my name. In truth I've been running the Alfa for a while at 500PP (minus a lot of weight, similar power) and thought it was about time to inflict it on the public. Just a shame that the TRD Celica was even slower, because the grip that car has is amazing...

{Cy}

ugabugaz
krenkme, your Autumn Ring time is up. Very similar to CyKosis's time :)

Wonder how the half-pint will fare on HSR-R

Edit: HSR-R time up as well (Had tested it yesterday, Couldn't improve). Bit slower than Cy here, still very close. Overall though its a different story.

It seems most testers have the Half Pint slightly faster at AR, but I'm getting my rear end kicked at HSR :(.

The fight ain't over yet though... I wonder if I could buy off a tester? :dopey:

It seems most testers have the Half Pint slightly faster at AR, but I'm getting my rear end kicked at HSR :(.

The fight ain't over yet though... I wonder if I could buy off a tester? :dopey:

Well, In my test at least you're not getting your ass kicked at HSR-R. You're just getting a light spanking. Overall though your half pint is faster than Cy's car (Combined two track time).

Funny you guys should mention the Countach..That was my first choice car. It's just that I couldn't get it to gel properly with me. It was fast as hell but the proper fluid suspension feel just wasn't there - So I settled on a Miura. Miura is faster :mischievous: . In my prior experience with the Countach I've found it to be an extraordinarily fast car for its PP range. I've spanked so many other cars on the Nordschleife by using my Countach. Not only does it handle very well but it's also great in a strait line. It just isn't fair sometimes. My Countach tune can be found HERE. Originally tuned to run Sports Hards. Also an old tune, needs its toe updated - I would probably use the Miura toe setting on it.

Last edited:

And interesting little contest, f'o'sure. I wonder how they'd fair at 500PP. Chop a bucket load of weight out of the Alfa, and it'll trouble most FWD cars.

I might have to run a few more laps with RJ's car. I don't normally do it, if I can't get a decent time in a car within the alloted time, then the tuner has to accept 50% of the blame. Obviously my fat thumbs make up the other 50%, but hey...

{Cy}

ugabugaz
Well, In my test at least you're not getting your ass kicked at HSR-R. You're just getting a light spanking. Overall though your half pint is faster than Cy's car (Combined two track time).

It is close, but I fear the strait line speed is not helping my car :(

CyKosis1973
And interesting little contest, f'o'sure. I wonder how they'd fair at 500PP. Chop a bucket load of weight out of the Alfa, and it'll trouble most FWD cars.

I might have to run a few more laps with RJ's car. I don't normally do it, if I can't get a decent time in a car within the alloted time, then the tuner has to accept 50% of the blame. Obviously my fat thumbs make up the other 50%, but hey...

{Cy}

I know the SRT4 is good at 588pp (if you don't mind the smoke :lol: ), not sure about 500pp :odd::dopey:

It is close, but I fear the strait line speed is not helping my car :(

I know the SRT4 is good at 588pp (if you don't mind the smoke :lol: ), not sure about 500pp :odd::dopey:

True. The Half-Pint needs a shot of horsepower badly. Still, Look at the Points I awarded it. I think you'll find out just how much I liked/disliked it. Good/Bad Job you did!

ugabugaz
True. The Half-Pint needs a shot of horsepower badly. Still, Look at the Points I awarded it. I think you'll find out just how much I liked/disliked it. Good/Bad Job you did!

Yay!👍

I set out to make a fun car that would be somewhat competitive (...and beat Cy :P), and it has seemed to work with you :D. I'm glad you liked it that much, and if you liked that one maybe try its big brother "The Runt".

Thanks again :dopey:

2) CyKosis - Tow Truck Bound Alfa

Autumn Ring: 1:23.562 (.288)
High Speed Ring Reverse: 1:12.982 (.100-.200)
Driver's Choice Points: AR: 5 HSR-R: 6.5............................(Total: 5.75)

Review: This car isn't fun to drive. I dreaded doing laps in this ride. It felt very FF-ish, very sluggish and very heavy. While I might have gotten decent laps in the car, they felt forced almost. I gave it my all at both tracks, but I can't say I enjoyed doing so. The one redeeming factor for the car is the power delivery. At no time did I manage to make the front quiver or go red under hard acceleration. Great job on that part of the tune. The transmission and brakes are also finely tuned.

Wow. Thanks for taking the time to drive the car and post a video of your lap...

{Cy}

I'll be putting all my Group - A Times in this post.

5) Onboy's MR2

Autumn Ring: 1:22.984
High Speed Ring Reverse: 1:11.164
Driver's Choice Points: AR: 7.5 HSR-R: 9.5..........................(Total: 8.5)

Review: Proper review will come later. Sorry. You already know what I think of it. Very Onboyish, I like that. Great on HSR-R. Average on Autumn Ring.

Don't be sorry, you've told me about it already, I'm not going to give you any hell. Yet. :lol:

But if I compare this to the last time you tested a car on two tracks in a shootout, that is, the Japan 550PP shootout, what you basically mean by "Onboyish" is, the car drives well on the high speed track, but is a bit meh on the slower one?

Don't be sorry, you've told me about it already, I'm not going to give you any hell. Yet. :lol:

But if I compare this to the last time you tested a car on two tracks in a shootout, that is, the Japan 550PP shootout, what you basically mean by "Onboyish" is, the car drives well on the high speed track, but is a bit meh on the slower one?

Well that's not what I meant but actually..yup, lol.

Rotary Junkie
Bravo, Sir, bravo. As expected, I thoroughly enjoyed driving the car. It's a FWD RJ special, why wouldn't I..?? :mischievous: Unfortunately, I didn't manage to do the car justice. It's not quite as tight as it could be, the rear is a little loose on entry and can push wide exit. It can alternate between loose-rear/pushy-front a little too quickly. At HSR/R, you can take another 0.3, I couldn't quite nail the right-hander before the final corner and as you can see, my fastest lap was my out lap, which is at least the aforementioned 0.3.

If it was a little tighter in the rear on braking and pulled more than pushed on exit, I could choose my line with a little more freedom and certainly make it into the 1:12s...
Drivers Rating: 7.5

[{Cy}

Some of this may be due to my feedback to RJ? I could not get this car to break the rear loose at all. Maybe I have one of the slower PS3s? Anyone know where I can buy a PS3 that is within the model numbers that make GT5 lap times faster? :dopey: If I can buy one of the faster ones, RJ, you can have my current one.

Back