◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,748 comments
zer0 –

I don't think we need nor want Racing Soft tires for 700+ PP cars.

My reasons are (at least) two fold:

First, cars with a PP that high also have major downforce. Driving them with Racing Mediums (or even Racing Hards) is not difficult at all.

Second, you would be nearly mandating pit stops in a ten minute race.

As to the "real life" argument…well…I don't even want to open that can.

zer0 –

I don't think we need nor want Racing Soft tires for 700+ PP cars.

My reasons are (at least) two fold:

First, cars with a PP that high also have major downforce. Driving them with Racing Mediums (or even Racing Hards) is not difficult at all.

Second, you would be nearly mandating pit stops in a ten minute race.

As to the "real life" argument…well…I don't even want to open that can.

Agreed. Race soft tires just make it so you can take every corner flat out, especially in a formula car.

I think the race mediums are just fine for anything but I have another question. If the FGT with it's $5 million CR. price tag counts as "easily accessible", does that mean that any car sitting in the premium dealership up to $5 million would also be considered "easily accessible"?

I think the race mediums are just fine for anything but I have another question. If the FGT with it's $5 million CR. price tag counts as "easily accessible", does that mean that any car sitting in the premium dealership up to $5 million would also be considered "easily accessible"?

That is exactly what I was wondering about... 💡

I was also wondering, are all the premium super GT cars the same spec?

Say I had picked the Lexus SC430 Denso, would someone else race the petronas car or are they not exact clones?

I was also wondering, are all the premium super GT cars the same spec?

Say I had picked the Lexus SC430 Denso, would someone else race the petronas car or are they not exact clones?

Possible
When I used to race in super GT, Both the Petronas and the DENSO had to be detune vs the (others sc430) to make it even.

My 7yr old broke the glass screen on our plasma tv yesterday. We are not pleased.

My gaming plasma may have to move into the main room for awhile until we can afford a replacement. My gaming time may suffer since the wife will be highly unlikely to want to watch me race instead of watching her shows.

We'll see....hope to get one real soon....

My 7yr old broke the glass screen on our plasma tv yesterday. We are not pleased.

My gaming plasma may have to move into the main room for awhile until we can afford a replacement. My gaming time may suffer since the wife will be highly unlikely to want to watch me race instead of watching her shows.

I would say the 7 yr old just lost his/her allowance until right around the time they turn 12.

JoeW

Yikes! That is the same problem i have with racing in the living room and not being able to practice on Sundays before the races! We feel for you!

My project to have the GT5 racing room is going, still needing an extra PS3, and a new bed to clear the space (replace the crib), ETC early next year.

I would say the 7 yr old just lost his/her allowance until right around the time they turn 12.

I wouldn't take away the allowance completely, just trade it for a different allowance: The allowance to live.

Maybe I'm not ready to be a dad...

It is post 1, under the link to "perfect" points, I think in paragraph 2 or thereabouts.

16 points for first, 15 for 2nd, etc.

6 races.

1 point for fastest qualifying time in each of the 3 car/track combos (post #2, by the way).

1 bonus point for getting all pole positions in one night.

:dunce: Amazing how things can jump at your face without notice. :ouch:

... and it is so logical that i'll never have to search it again... 👍

If the FGT with it's $5 million CR. price tag counts as "easily accessible", does that mean that any car sitting in the premium dealership up to $5 million would also be considered "easily accessible"?

We used to say that a league car had to be anything less than $1M so that a car could be gifted in case a member didn't have the funds to purchase a car. However, now that credits are so easy to obtain these days, I don't think that's much of an issue any more. Therefore, I think it's safe to raise the limit to $5M.

I know the custom is to use D1 lounge for practice but I'm wondering if there is an issue with using the lounge that will be raced in on Sunday? Of course this might be moot since it appears the room host is more important than lounge as to network issues.

I know the custom is to use D1 lounge for practice but I'm wondering if there is an issue with using the lounge that will be raced in on Sunday? Of course this might be moot since it appears the room host is more important than lounge as to network issues.

You can race in any lounge you want to as long as it doesn't conflict with an event on our schedule. Just keep in mind that D1 is the only lounge that all SNAILs should have access to. Therefore, practicing in another lounge will make it harder for others to join you. Then again, if you only want to practice with drivers in your division, using the lounge that will be used on Sunday is the perfect way to do that.

He was pretty scared right after it happened. He is definitely going to work it off ;)

I remember when I was 16 I put a pretty good scuff on my mom's then-new Cadillac Escalade. That's when I learned how to run a buffing wheel. But it is harder to hide a TV screen.

Am not able to practice on Wed nights - Hope one of the SNAIL Div will be open for practice tonight.

Acura NSX RM '91

So in this racing series you can't modify cars, but in the case of RM cars we are allowed to tune the part they come with right?

Acura NSX RM '91

So in this racing series you can't modify cars, but in the case of RM cars we are allowed to tune the part they come with right?

No,it's still tuning prohibited.You can race modified the car but you can't adjust the settings (beside brake balance or power limiter).

Acura NSX RM '91

No, you must leave all settings as they are when the car is first RM'd. Any changes will not allow you to enter a tuning prohibited room.

Edit: ninja'd because I went into detail.

Am not able to practice on Wed nights - Hope one of the SNAIL Div will be open for practice tonight.

Anyone up for a little practice around ten pm est? I'd like to get a few people together toget a feel for the draft with the vette

Seems like you two should get together tonight. :)

For those of you who've already practiced last night and are looking for something new tonight, don't forget that SCT aka ESCarGOT debuts in less than two hours! (you'll need to send an FR to SNAIL_Division2 if you don't already have access to the D2 lounge).

Back