Honda Beat '91
@Space Kart I
ROUND TWO
Tesla Roadster '08
@Cape Ring Periphery
ROUND THREE
Acura NSX '91 RM
@Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Both the Tesla and the NSX RM. Funny how history repeats itself.

This was the November 13th 2011 line-up:
ROUND ONE
Honda Beat '91
@Space Kart I
ROUND TWO
Tesla Roadster '08
@Cape Ring Periphery
ROUND THREE
Acura NSX '91 RM
@Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Both the Tesla and the NSX RM. Funny how history repeats itself.

Ha! Nice observation! Now we just need the Honda Beat to hit the OCD!! :lol:

Can someone put me down for #48 when we use race models. I'm in division 5. I don't care about the colors. I have a purple car / white wheels for this Sunday though.

Last edited:
I'm Baaaaack!!!! And what an adventure! gotta kiss from a stingray, man those creatures are awesome, snorkeled the barrier reef, and met some cool people in the Caymans. Zip lined in the mountains, bobsledded crazy fast down said mountain, and smoked out with some Rastas in Jamaica. Didn't do much at Key West, but did meet some cool people, never found the beach though. However, I don't think another cruise will be in the near future. Fun factor to cost doesn't compute. Which may explain the majority demographic on the boats. A great time all the same though.
Anyway, count me in for Sunday night. I'll start the break in process tonight. Maybe get some practice in tonight.
And really? The Tesla? one gear driving in just too weird. Can't wait to try it though.

dari888
Hi,this is a request to join this racing league

Hey Dari888,

I'm not at my computer but will post our welcome reply when I get back to it.

If you can look back a few posts you'll see another welcome message with a time trial link. If you can get me your time before 6:00 PM Eastern tomorrow we'll get you racing.

Cheers kcheeb

Yes it does. Especially in long races when you are in tire saving mode; in races for a few laps I just ignore it; but I always have it there. It is also very useful racing at Nurburing Nordschleife.

Last Tuesday night was a lot of fun, so I hope to make it next Tuesday. Is the Silvia in the Nissan New Car Dealership?

Yes it is. It's the premium Silvia spec-R AERO, race modded.

QFT.

Wolf, I'm glad you liked it. This Tuesday, the the room will have Tuning Prohibited, so race modify it. You can change the oil, and break it in if you really want. And you can adjust the brake balance, but nothing else.

Do you think you'd be interested in joining the four-week series that starts on 2 October? We'll be racing the same car, but we will let people adjust the suspension, aero, and transmission. You won't be allowed to put on any parts, just tune the car. It is team, though, so you'd have to find a team mate. Post on the thread if you are interested, and that you are looking a team mate.

Just a reminder that I probably won't be racing tomorrow. Because I'm at the track all weekend ;) If you wish I can post a link to the live race monitor tomorrow.

Hi,this is a request to join this racing league

Hey dari888,

Thanks for joining S.N.A.I.L. 👍 Welcome. I just noticed you're from Barbados, which is in the Atlantic timezone. You'll be racing from 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM Sunday night (provided you're on daylight savings time), I hope that works okay for you.

If you can get me your time trial before 6:00 PM Eastern Sunday evening, we can get you racing Sunday night 👍

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Last edited:
These following images are of the closest finish I've ever been a part of.

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_zps281c2126.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_1_zps591131da.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_2_zps18797e53.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_3_zpsa0de3223.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_4_zps68dfd69d.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_6_zps8a249a24.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_7_zps9f510bc5.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_8_zpsdab154b2.jpg

The final results put me in first place and a gap of 0.000 to Dr.Greenthumb.

CuthulhuGoat and I were running some laps. As we commented how well the tires were holding up on the Tesla, he ran out of juice on lap 21. Not much range.

CuthulhuGoat ran out of juice on lap 21. Not much range.

So....Goat won't be racing tonight as he'll still be in the pits recharging the battery? :sly:

Dont worry, I know the 'real driving simulator' doesn't simulate electric recharge times very well ;)

So....Goat won't be racing tonight as he'll still be in the pits recharging the battery? :sly:

Dont worry, I know the 'real driving simulator' doesn't simulate electric recharge times very well ;)

On a 220V circuit it should be able to recharge in four hours. On a 120V circuit it would take 48 hours.

Only took about 45 seconds. Reality sucks.
The Tesla is suppose to get 245 miles on a charge. I only got 45 miles. Maybe reality doesn't suck that bad.

Last edited:
Back