New DLC September 26: HSV-010, BRZ, GT-R N24 '12

• Thread starter Keshian
  • 1,094 comments
Theace37
Just drove the hsv around the nurb... its a pretty dam good car...

The nissan handles the same as the '11 one but for some reson the subaru brz just feels different from the other two...

And yes I have driven all three after the update....

The Subaru handles differently because it has a firmer suspension than the other two. That justifies the dollar if the Subaru badge didn't close the deal.

Just fyi, it also says the gtr comes with a paint chip (without a name) but none showed up...

When I opened the car its said: Paint chip acquired (double space where the paint name would go)....

Peculiar....

Edit the new gtr has

544hp
542pp
1700Kg

Whilst the old has

486Hp
571Pp
1505Kg

the GT-R weighs 1700kg and can't be reduced, that's more than the stock GT-R no? they added weight to a race car?

yeah, thats a lot more weight

Yes. The point being, they added a rollcage, etc. Just two years ago, a person was killed in a crash in the 24h of Nürburgring.

So, roll cage, more powerful (heavier) engine, wider tires, sophisticated telemetry data inputs... blah blah blah... much heavier.

The cars in its class still couldn't keep up with it. It won, after all, didn't it? :sly: Never doubt the knowledge in racing. :sly: We're not idiots, you know.

Yes. The point being, they added a rollcage, etc. Just two years ago, a person was killed in a crash in the 24h of Nürburgring.

So, roll cage, more powerful (heavier) engine, wider tires, sophisticated telemetry data inputs... blah blah blah... much heavier.

The cars in its class still couldn't keep up with it. It won, after all, didn't it? :sly: Never doubt the knowledge in racing. :sly: We're not idiots, you know.

It was in a class with a similar spec GTR. That other GTR had mechanical problems.

TrialMountainCircuitcopy.jpg

I agree 100%. People need to stop going on about how the sounds of cars 'suck'. People need to be grateful that they even put work into these so that they are actually in the game.

I need to be grateful that a video game developer made some video game content? Isn't that what they exist to do? Why do I need to be grateful they are doing what they're meant to?

Just as you guys are saying you can post your opinions, so can I.
Which wouldn't be a problem if you presented and conceded that what you posted is an opinion as well:
I agree 100%. People need to stop going on about how the sounds of cars 'suck'. People need to be grateful that they even put work into these so that they are actually in the game.
Hypocrisy?
Exactly. Even if you hate it, buy it. Nobody is forcing you to even look at the cars, but if you want to support PD, then you would buy the DLC.
I will buy the DLC regardless. Does that mean that I'm supporting PD? No. It means that I want some new cars to drive. Does this mean that I'm accepting the poor engine sounds? No. It's still a problem that I want PD to fix.

For those who are wondering, the BRZ probably can't be called just a copy & paste from the 86, apart from the obvious differences, the BRZ feels different, just tried them both stock on my alter ego :lol: and the Subie feels more stable. :dopey:
I'll post photos of the interior really soon. ;)

For those who are wondering, the BRZ probably can't be called just a copy & paste from the 86, apart from the obvious differences, the BRZ feels different, just tried them both stock on my alter ego :lol: and the Subie feels more stable. :dopey:
How does it sound?

Right. People can't call it copy and paste because it isn't. The 86, FR-S, and BRZ are 3 completely different cars. Sure, they may not look it, but they are.

More boxer-ish than the 86, I like it. :embarrassed:
Does it sound like this by any unlucky chance?

Right. People can't call it copy and paste because it isn't. The 86, FR-S, and BRZ are 3 completely different cars. Sure, they may not look it, but they are.
It is a copy and paste when the majority of the modelling is shared between the three cars.

Photos please.... I'd love to see what they look like fully dressed up. I'm unfortunately away on business maybe for another three weeks. The good news I get to see Ferrari's everyday in real life the bad news I can't drive em' lol They just pass me when I'm walkin in Miami. Hahahaha

Completely different? That is just not true, the vast majority of the three cars share the same parts. Slightly different, yes. Completely different, no.

Also if you don't think PD built the BRZ by copying and pasting the 86 and making the small changes you're very naive.

Back