Master List of Cars With Incorrect Specifications

• Thread starter Tornado
  • 211 comments
1100kgs may have been the weight including the driver which was how the regulations may have worked. GT5 does not include driver weights in it's figures. This may apply to a lot of racing car spec differences and also road car spec when various bodies include driver weights to their official figures.

How do you know that 1100 KG is the car's gross weight, but not the curb weight?

And let's assume GT5's weight is the correct curb weight, wouldn't a driver who weighs at ~90 KG considered as overweight?

It seems you don't know race cars are made deliberately underweight and then fitted with low down ballast to allow for balance and set-up purposes and still be at the minimum weight with driver whoever the driver will be. You don't need a 90kgs driver to do it for you....
Which is why heavier drivers as noted in F1 had less ballast to use and a compromised setup when KERS came in. The cars were the same weight but less ballast available for some.

Is anyone positive the R390 GT1 road car has the correct gearing? I'm attempting to build a replica thats a lot closer to the real life road car, and from the info im gathering, the gt5 car has:

About 200 less horses
Some 60-70kg heavier
anywhere from a 40-50mph less top speed

There are 2 existing road cars, and im pretty sure theyre both built to the same spec, unless im missing something.

I know it's an old post but I found this:

http://press.nissan-global.com/COMMON/HERITAGE/database/en_detail.html?182

Which suggests that perhaps the data in GT5 isn't far off the mark.

The 2000 Corvette (standard model UCD) was not called the Z06. It was the FRC. (fixed roof corvette)

Erm, what?

The C5 'vette came in either convertible, fastback and coupe (fixed roof) configurations, but the Z06 (which is in the game in both standard and premium forms) was coupe (fixed roof) only.

New one I've just discovered:

BMW
-BMW M3 CSL '03
-BMW M5 '08 (Not sure about the Standard version (BMW M5 '05), but my instincts tell me yes.)

Both cars have SMGs but act like traditional manuals.

The car in the game may be geartronic version, they have the same name regardless of the transmission. The 5 speeds are correct and I'm guessing the ratios are as well but there is an inaccuracy with this car (like most autos in the game) in that it behaves like a manual transmission. Although I think some of the earlier manual T5's had 5 speeds so it could be one of those?

New one I've just discovered:

BMW
-BMW M3 CSL '03
-BMW M5 '08 (Not sure about the Standard version (BMW M5 '05), but my instincts tell me yes.)

Both cars have SMGs but act like traditional manuals.

What do you mean? The SMG is just a robotised-manual, so it should behave that way.

The car in the game may be geartronic version, they have the same name regardless of the transmission. The 5 speeds are correct and I'm guessing the ratios are as well but there is an inaccuracy with this car (like most autos in the game) in that it behaves like a manual transmission. Although I think some of the earlier manual T5's had 5 speeds so it could be one of those?

I apologyze but have to insist.
The Geartronic R-Design isn't just an option for the T5: it's a version offered in every official price list (when that car is sold!).
Also, if you check the car in a photo session, and look inside, you can clearly see the auto gear stick with the gear markings on the console, included the sequential change option. About transmission modeling, what do you mean about 'acts like a manual transmission'? Your alter ego use the leverage, but you may suppose he's using the sequential up-down stick function.

I apologyze but have to insist.
The Geartronic R-Design isn't just an option for the T5: it's a version offered in every official price list (when that car is sold!).
Also, if you check the car in a photo session, and look inside, you can clearly see the auto gear stick with the gear markings on the console, included the sequential change option. About transmission modeling, what do you mean about 'acts like a manual transmission'? Your alter ego use the leverage, but you may suppose he's using the sequential up-down stick function.

It 'acts' like a manual in the sense that when you pull away the revs rise and the 'clutch' is released and also the gear changes are like that of a manual. Try the SL55 AMG for comparison as that has a correctly modeled auto transmission along with a few other cars (Evo VII GTA, Yaris RS '07, SL500 '02 among others), there is also no 'creep' when you release the brake with no throttle on the Volvo. The confusion with the specs and names for different transmissions may probably just down to regional differences in spec names as I am quite sure that in the UK at least R-Design is a sec in itself and Geartronic is a standalone option.

It 'acts' like a manual in the sense that when you pull away the revs rise and the 'clutch' is released and also the gear changes are like that of a manual. Try the SL55 AMG for comparison as that has a correctly modeled auto transmission along with a few other cars (Evo VII GTA, Yaris RS '07, SL500 '02 among others), there is also no 'creep' when you release the brake with no throttle on the Volvo. The confusion with the specs and names for different transmissions may probably just down to regional differences in spec names as I am quite sure that in the UK at least R-Design is a sec in itself and Geartronic is a standalone option.

Thank you. I'll give a try at the cars you suggested 👍

Those are the specs when the car is fully modified, and the car in GT2 isn't a supercharged model. That does make me wonder why they screwed it up in GT4, though.

Car: 2011 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

GT5 Specifications

Weight: 1575kg
Power: 690 HP
Torque: 508 lb.ft.

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 1725kg
Power: 691 HP
Torque: 509 lb.ft.

Linky. (Direct Comparison)

Or

Car: 2011 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4

GT5 Specifications

Weight: 1575kg
Power: 690 HP
Torque: 508 lb.ft.

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 1856kg
Power: 691 HP
Torque: 509 lb.ft.

This one is a little tricky. PD took the dry weight and set it as the curb weight, so it is blatantly wrong either way (as are all of the Lamborghinis except the Countach 25th Anniversary for the same reason), but more recent reviews of the car are noting that the production car is considerably heavier than the preproduction cars originally given to journalists late last year. Motor Trend, who in their 2012 Best Driver's Car comparison test this month weighed it themselves and came up with 4109 lbs (1867 kg), explained that it was because Lamborghini changed the carbon fiber production process for it after the preproduction cars.

Peugeot 307 CC is just like the Ford Mustang GT '05: has no shifting animation, but its transmission behaves like a regular manual.

Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) '63: incorrectly simulated automatic transmission

It has a manual transmission. According to this, the only automatic available for a C2 Corvette would've been the two-speed Powerglide automatic. The one in-game has a three-speed manual.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification on that guys. I removed it from the OP.

Car: 2003 Nissan 350Z (USDM)

GT5 Specifications

Weight: 1320kg
Power: 288 HP
Torque: 279 lb.ft.

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 1465kg
Power: 287 HP
Torque: 274 lb.ft.

Car: 2003 Nissan 350Z (EUDM)

GT5 Specifications

Weight: 1320kg
Power: 294 HP
Torque: 279 lb.ft.

Real Life Specifications
Weight: 1450kg
Power: 283 HP
Torque: 273 lb.ft.

The Lexus Weds Sport IS350 '08

This car is actually MR and it is even listed as such in game. However the weight balance is rubbish, something like 53/47

I've researched this and cant find anything. I don't know if its correct or not

Perhaps someone with some supergt knowledge can slap me with some of it

Speaking of improperly modeled transmissions, what about the classic muscle cars? I don't know how fast they can go in GT5 but they've always been notoriously short-geared across the series.

Attached are some direct stats taken from an online upload of a Volvo 240 owners manual, the weight numbers on the right are for the wagon and on the left they're for the sedan.

The weight distribution is entirely wrong, in the game its 65-35 while in real life 240 wagons are well known for having a 50-50 weight distribution.

Attachments

• Weight.png
    Weight.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 7
Problems with the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09:

Game Specs

Max power/RPM: 981 bhp/6000 rpm
Max Torque/RPM: 925.81 ft-lb/ 2200-5500 rpm
[Editor's Note: I'm just being nit picky here, but...]
Drivetrain: 4WD

Real life Specs

Max Power/RPM: 1001bhp/6000 RPM
Max Torque/RPM: 923 ft-lb/2200-5500 RPM
[Editor's note: again being nit picky.]
Drivetrain: AWD

Other Errors

- Misclassified year. Bugatti Veyron 16.4 came out in '06, however the veyron in '09 was called the Grand Sport... ...And it was a convertable.

- The top Speed of the Veyron was always theroretical at over 250 mph, as is mentioned in the game, however, Top Gear's James May was able to confirm the Veyron's top speed at 250 mph at VW's test track near the old East Germany border.

http://www.rsportscars.com/bugatti/2006-bugatti-veyron-164/
In the game the Veyron is 987 (mechanical) HP, not 981. 1,01238 metric (the type of HP that mostly Europeans use) HP = 1 mechanical (mostly used by the rest of the world) HP. The torque is a little bit off though. And the 16.4 WAS produced until 2012, thanks to some website that I don't feel like saying.

Stumbled across this one today. Pretty blatant considering how the car came to be in the game.
Car: 1989 Isuzu 4200R

GT5 Specifications
Power: 305 HP
Drivetrain: MR

Real Life Specifications
Power: 350 HP
Drivetrain: AWD

Linky.

The plan for this thread is that it will be moved to the GT6 forum whenever the Premium thread tools are restored, since for the most part PD didn't really fix anything for GT6.

Back