Grand Valley 300km Companion & Competition

• Thread starter GTsail
  • 291 comments
Not using racing tyres is one of the few rules of this thread.

Rules:
1. Tyres must be Sport Soft or worse (since the AI are on SS)

Oh, and good job Tiddy for continuing and completing even though you knew you were going to lose. đź‘Ť

I made another attempt and... I won :D

I used:
Honda Civic Type R '97
PP: 418
Tyres: Sports Hards
Finishing position: 1st (+09.9663)
Total race time: 2:20:50.345
Best lap: 2:16.922 (lap 33)
Pitstops: 1 (lap 30)

Race lineup:

Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Ver.S TT
Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
Nissan Silvia Spec R Aero S15 '02
Mazda RX-7 Type RS '98
Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GTB '96
Nissan 300ZX 2seater Z32 '98
Nissan Skyline Coupe 350GT '03
Toyota Celica GT-FOUR ST205 '98
Toyota Supra RZ '97
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Ver. VI
Mits GTO Twin Turbo MR '95

I was in control for the majority of the race really, although I experienced a late race scare when the tyres experienced a Pirelli F1 style drop off and for the last 5 laps I was suddenly lapping at 2:21+ :scared:. That damn Impreza '99 nearly beat me :grumpy:

Nice one-stop run. đź‘Ť I recently ran the same car at the Laguna Seca 200 and can attest to how consistent she is even one wearing tyres, sports mediums in my case.

Had a nice race yesterday, with a 'but' ... :D

I took my 300ZX on SH tyres for this race, which turned out to be a very nice car to drive around for 2 hours. I opted for a 2 stop strategy, coming in on laps 20 and 40.

The first 20 twenty laps were a very close race between me and an RX-7 (forgot what type and year :( ) . I pitted at the end of lap 20 when I was a second ahead of him.
After coming out of the pit in 4th, I closed the gap with the leading RX-7 during the coming 8 laps to 5 seconds, thereby overtaking the 2nd and 3rd placed Silvia and 300ZX.
The new rubber worked pretty well and on lap 22 I set my fastest lap of the race: 2"16'.192

I was pretty relieved that the RX-7 pitted on lap 28, as it meant that he was on a two-stopper as well. If he was on a one stop strategy, I would probably not be able to win the race. After he got on track again, I was reported that I had a 35 second gap on the RX-7. My tyres were over their best though, which meant that I was lapping slower and slower than the RX-7 on fresh tyres.

The RX-7 came back to 6 seconds behind me when I pitted on lap 40. After coming out again, I was 29 seconds behind. Now I was on the fresher tyres again and started to reel him in. My overall pace was a bit better than in the previous stints, although I didn't match my best lap time anymore. Even though it seemed to go more easy, my tyres wore out more quickly as well as I could see...

As expected the RX-7 stopped on lap 56. At that moment I was 5 seconds behind him. He clearly stopped only for tyres as when he came out I only had a 19 second gap. I thought it would be enough, but because of my more worn tyres I onlt managed 2:21 and 2:22 lap times, while the RX-7 pulled high 2:15 and 2:16 laps..., faster than any other lap he drove during the rest of the race.

During the last lap he came on my tail and when I suffered from understeer in the last tunnel, he slipped by on the inside. I came in second, 2.4 seconds behind the victorious RX-7... :(

Lessons learned: should have not forgotten to take on the 5 free liters of fuel during my first pit stop and I should have stayed out on lap 20, as my tyres we good enough for one more lap of 2:19 or 2:20.

Still a very nice race. Really close head to head battle during the 20 first laps. Then a 'distance' battle of fresh vs old rubber.
Too bad I got put to shame during that last lap, but I had a really good time :)

On to the next attempt.

Had a nice race yesterday, with a 'but' ... :D

I took my 300ZX on SH tyres for this race.

Nice battle against the "Valley's" AI Fryto!

Did you happen to note the pre-race spec's for your Nissan 300ZX?

Your name belongs on the Leaderboards after such a close race!

Respectfully,
GTsail

Reading this thread inspired me, so here's my go...

Car: SUPRA 3.0GT Turbo A '88
Horsepower: 296
Weight: 1530
PP value: 442
Tires: SH (used throughout the race)
P.Limiter: 100%

My Grid had the RX-7 Type RS (FD) '98 and the Lancer Evo X GSR P.P. '07 as the main competitors...

Lap 1: We set off and is seems that on power I am about the same as the rest of the pack, I run a little wide into turn one trying to impatiently overtake the EVO V... Keeping my cool I have him up the next straight and immidiately set off after the EVO X... Right on his bumper through turn 3 and after turn 4 I get him on the downhill to the hairpin...

GVS300 EVO Hunting by ANTThePANT79, on Flickr
Driving hard out of the hairpin, I claim 4th place from the other SUPRA 3.0GT and set off after the Impreza. I take him just before the tunnel and am on the back of the RX7 who has been slowed significantly by the Legacy Touring Wagon. Nose to tail, all three cars power over the bridge and into the fast right hander almost three abreast! I take a tight line in and squeeze alongside the RX7 and on the tail of the Wagon.

GVS300 Drafting Wagons by ANTThePANT79, on Flickr
Coming out of the tunnel into the esses I get a little too eager and have a nice fishtail coming out the second es. I pass him on the long sweep and head down the main straight (Oh know, I think, I've made this too easy).

Laps 2 through to 10 sees me slowly open up a 6 second gap on the RX7, driving fast and smoothly, I wonder if I can keep it up. My tyres are starting to look poorly and I've managed a 2.15.618 fastest lap.

Lap 13 see my times dropping past the 2.17 mark and I realise that I will have to pit soon. Seems this race is going to get interesting.

End of Lap 15 and I hit the pits just 4 seconds in front of the RX7, who seems to be planning on going forever! No fuel, just tyres...

Lap 18 through 21 sees me 20 seconds down, but I am flying! By lap 21 I am in 3rd only 9 seconds behind the RX7... I put my head down and settle into a rhythm... Near the end of lap 21, I get into the Impreza's slip stream and reach 227km/h, my top speed for the race... I overtake him into turn one on the inside and set off after the RX7...

Lap 22: I slipstream the RX7 going into the corner before the main straight, he's flying! He makes a mistake coming out and gets a fishtail on and I fly past on the inside!

lap 28 and I have a massive lead of 20 seconds on the RX7 as he comes into pit. I fear I have made this too easy on myself, but being so far in I press on...

Lap 30 and the top 5 are Me, Impreza 1, Impreza 2, Lancer EVO X, RX7... I also pit on this lap for new tyres

Lap 32 sees the scoobies and the EVO pit, bringing the RX7 back into 2nd place.

End of lap 45 sees me pitting for tyres once again, the heavy supra burns them quiet quickly! I must try a lighter car for the next one...

Lap 47 sees my fastest lap of the race at 2.11.889, I'm pretty chuffed!

End of lap 55 and I pit, fearing for my fuel to finish the race. I put 6l in and fly out of the pits. Pushing hard over the next few laps to try and beat my record and on lap 58 I spin out hard coming out of turn 4. i regain composure and push on...

Lap 60 is very uneventful as I slow right down with my fuel on red and limp accross the line in a total time of 2.18.00.816...

Finishing Order
Me
Mazda RX7
Impreza 1
Impreza 2
EVO X
EVO V
Fairlady Z 300ZX TT
300ZX 2by2
Fairlacy Z 300ZX
Legacy Wagon
SUPRA 3.0GT
Celica GT-FOUR RC

Overall I really enjoyed this race, although after I pitted on lap 15 it just got way to easy and I ran away with it. I will definately be trying a lighter less powerful car and see what I can do about lowering the PP value a bit. I learnt alot from my first enduro and my first write up, so I will definately be taking this on again... Next attempt will probably be Laguna Seca 200 or the Suzuka 1000... Depends on if I can get the time to do them... ;) Will prolly do the Suzuka over 2 days...

Lemme know what you guys think...

Ant

...so here's my go...

Car: SUPRA 3.0GT Turbo A '88
Horsepower: 296
Weight: 1530
PP value: 442
Tires: SH (used throughout the race)

Lap 60 is very uneventful as I slow right down with my fuel on red and limp accross the line in a total time of 2.18.00.816...

Nice run ANTthePANT79! Nice to see a new face!

Tempting fate with a serious lack of fuel on the last lap I see!

Beyond eating its tires, how is the 1988 Supra to drive?

What kind of tune did you throw at it?

Respectfully,
GTsail

Nice run ANTthePANT79! Nice to see a new face!

Tempting fate with a serious lack of fuel on the last lap I see!

Beyond eating its tires, how is the 1988 Supra to drive?

What kind of tune did you throw at it?

Respectfully,
GTsail

Hey man, thanks for the welcome! :)

Yeah, the fuel had me stressing, hahaha, i was revving to 5k rpm (max is 8.5k) to save fuel, hahaha...

The 88 Supra is awesome, stable, quick, and smooth on bends... Can get a little tail happy if you make a mistake, but it needs to be quiet a mistake! Gear changes are smooth and quiet quick for a stock box. All in all a very nice car to drive...

As for the tune, it was 100% stock except for the exhaust, which was a titanium race pipe (purely for the sound).

After my recent runs on Comfort tires in Jubby's Challenge, I decide to try my hand at comfort soft tires at the "Valley".

I decide to try a my little used RUF 3400S '00.

After some extensive tuning by my fabled pit crew, my RUF has the following spec's:

Horsepower: 260
Weight: 1425 (added 125kg of ballast)
PP value: 443
P. Limiter: 85.0%
Tires: Comfort soft (used throughout the race)

Sitting on the grid at the "Valley" are the following cars:

Against Alt lineup # 8
----------------------
1) Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
2) Skyline Coupe 350GT '03
3) Skyline GTR V-spec R33 '95
4) Toyota Supra RZ '97
5) Legacy Touring Wagon GTB '96
6) Lancer EVO IX GSR '05
7) GTsail in the RUF
8) Skyline GTR V-spec II R32 '94
9) Toyota Soarer 430SCV '01
10) MazdaSpeed Atenza '05
11) Legacy B4 2.0GT spec-B '03
12) Lancer EVO V GSR '98

Off the line, I hold my position going into the first hairpin. I carry good speed thru the fast sweepers, so I pass the 6th place Lancer EVO IX GSR going into the 2nd hairpin. I then pass the 5th place Legacy Touring Wagon as we go across the bridge for the first time.

At the beginning of lap # 2, I draft past the 4th place Toyota Supra RZ going into the first hairpin. I then pass the 3rd place Skyline GTR v-spec R33 going into the 2nd hairpin.

At the beginning of lap # 3, the Skyline Coupe 350GT drafts past the first place G35 Coupe as they get to the end of the S/F straight. I'm following closely, so I also pass the 2nd place G35 Coupe going thru the fast sweepers between the two hairpins.

On lap # 5, I set an early lap record of 2.17.448 and end the lap only one second behind the race leading Skyline Coupe 350GT.

On lap # 6, I out-brake the Skyline Coupe 350GT going into the first haiprin and take-over the race lead.

By the end of lap # 8, I have an 3.8 second lead over the 2nd place Skyline Coupe 350GT.

On lap # 10, I set a new lap record of 2.17.395, and end the lap with a 7 second lead over the Skyline GTR V-spec R33, who has passed the Skyline Coupe 350GT.

On lap # 12, I set a new lap record of 2.16.892, and end the lap with a 12 second lead over the Skyline GTR V-spec R33.

By lap # 20, my tires are starting to show their age, so I dive into the pits for a new set of CS tires with a 26 second lead over the Skyline GTR V-spec. I seem to have too much of a car, so I will abreviate my notes....

I get dropped back into 3rd place during my first pit-stop.

At the beginning of lap # 22, I draft past the 2nd place Skyline Coupe 350GT.

On lap # 23, I catch and pass the race leading Skyline GTR V-spec R33, who is driving pretty slowly.

On lap # 27, I set a new lap record of 2.16.883, and end the lap with a 30 second lead over the Skyline GTR V-spec R33.

On lap # 40, I get caught by the 5th place Skyline GTR V-spec II R32, who is a lap down, just before pitting for a new set of CS tires. My lead was 80 seconds over the 2nd place Skyline Coupe 350GT at the last checkpoint.

On lap # 44, I set a new lap record of 2.16.373, and end the lap with a 60 second lead over the Skyline Coupe 350GT.

After 50 laps, my lead has increased to 1 minute and 30 seconds over the 2nd place Skyline GTR V-spec R33.

By lap # 56, I see that my lead has grown to nearly a full 2 minutes over the Skyline Coupe 350GT.

After 60 laps, I take the win with a 2 minute and 3 second advantage over the 2nd place Skyline Coupe 350GT.

Race time was a quick 2 hours, 19 minutes and 30.927 seconds.

Finishing order:
----------------
1) me in the RUF
2) Skyline Coupe 350GT----2 min, 3 sec's back
3) Skyline GTR V-spec-----2 min, 15 sec's back
4) Skyline GTR '94--------1 lap down
5) EVO V GSR '98----------1 lap down
6) Legacy B4 2.0----------laps down
7) Toyota Supra-----------laps down
8) EVO IX GSR '05---------laps down
9) Toyota Soarer----------laps down
10) Legacy Touring Wagon--laps down
11) G35 Coupe-------------2 laps down
12) MazdaSpeed Atenza-----2 laps down

Post race notes:
-----------------
I had too much car! The RUF handles pretty good on the comfort soft tires, even with all the ballast I had on-board. I was already at the 85% power limiter, so I couldn't drop the horsepower any further.

Enjoy the racing!
GTsail

Last edited:
Quick update on my part, just finished the race and here's the overview :

TRD CELICA TRD SPORTS M (ZZT231) '00
201hp (197hp at the end of the race)
141ft-lb (139ft-lb at the end of the race)
1140kg
412PP (409PP at the end of the race)
Sports Medium tyres all around
Completely stock (the Celica comes stock with a Sports Exhaust and a Height-Adjustable Sports Kit suspension, but no tuning was done)

TC set at 3
ABS set at 1
Everything else OFF

Driven using the DS3 pad

Pitted against lineup #16 :

Toyota Celica GT-FOUR ST205 '98
Nissan Skyline GTR R32 '89
Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Ltd '05
Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88
Nissan Fairlady Z Roadster '03
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Ver VI
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO GSR '92
Mazda RX-8 Type S '07
Nissan Fairlady Z Version S '07
Toyota Supra RZ '97
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR '95

Ended up winning by a 12sec margin over the RX-8, Impeza came in 3rd.

I'll write a detailed report when I get around watching the replay.

Quick update on my part, just finished the race and here's the overview :

TRD CELICA TRD SPORTS M (ZZT231) '00

Ended up winning by a 12sec margin over the RX-8, Impeza came in 3rd.

Nicely done!

Did you happen to note your total race time?

Thanks,
GTsail

Forgot to add this the other day when I ran the race, here's my entry to proceedings!

1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA
Tyres: Sports Soft
Drivetrain: FR
Weight: 745kg
Horsepower: 183hp (dropped to 174hp by race end due to no oil change beforehand)
PP: 438 (dropped to 431 by race end due to HP drop)

Went up against lineup #1 and had an awesome race-long duel with the RX7, who noticeably got much quicker with about 20 laps to go onwards. Managed to prevail in the end by 9 seconds in a great race :cool:

The full race report is here: 'The Valley of Death Revisited: Grand Valley 300km' - if you've got a spare minute, have a read, it was a fun race :)

Obviously when this thread was started there was no knowledge of my GV300K thread.

That's okay, it was almost a year old at that point. Now it's 6 more months...

Regardless; it is in my signature. Please have a read and post if you enjoyed it. I certainly did.

I did the 300km race [some] days ago and I wanted a challenge.

I knew from checking the Matrix that most of the cars in the race were in the range of 4.5 kg/hp and I knew I wanted something a little worse off based on how easy the AI is when you use an equally capable car. So I went down the list until I found something that I already owned in the 5.0 p/w range. I found the Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP which I had bought for one of the early Seasonal Events to be a good fit with a p/w of 5.1. It was sitting in the garage covered in dust; untouched since the Seasonal Event and was completely stock save for the SH tires I had installed. I jumped in the car and changed the oil before heading off to the race.

Very nice write-up GrahamTurismo!

You sure had a very close race, with the results in doubt until the very end!

Did you happen to record the spec's for your Skyline Sedan 350GT?

Any thoughts of running the 300km Grand Valley race again?

Respectfully,
GTsail

OK, its time to see what the new V2.08 tire model has done to my Grand Valley race!

I'm going to re-run the race against the same lineup that beat me back in my post # 16 above, so its off to the garage to find my lightly used VW Golf V GTI '05.

When I find my VW Golf, I see that it already has 187.9 miles on the odometer, so I take it to GT Auto and have them perform the chassis maintenance refresh to bring my Golf back up to stock rigidity.

I check the spec's for my VW Golf GTI '05 and see that the horsepower has increased from 222HP to 229HP during my first race, due to the engine break-in, and the PP value increased from 422 to 427 during the race.

I have my crack pit-crew adjust the spec's on my VW Golf and end up with the following spec's:

Horsepower: 225
Weight: 1310kg (Stage 1 wgt reduction, then 81kg of ballast)
PPvalue: 425
Tires: SH (used thoughout the race)
P.Limiter: 94.1%
No skid

Time to face the competition at the Valley....

Sitting on the starting grid at Grand Valley were the following cars (lineup # 11):

1) Mits Lancer Evolution III GSR '95
2) Mits Lancer Evolution GSR '92
3) Mazda RX-7 Type RS FD '98
4) Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI '02
5) Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX type R STI
6) Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Ver.S TT 2seater
7) GTsail in the VW Golf V GTI '05
8) Nissan 300ZX 2by2 Z32 '98
9) Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen '00
10) Mits Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
11) Mits Lancer Evolution VIII GSR '03
12) Subaru Impreza Coupe 22B-STI Ver. '98

After the opening ceremonies, the flag drops and we're off!

Off the starting line, I coast for a bit to let the field stream past, so I follow the Subaru Impreza 22B-STI into the first hairpin. I pass the 11th place Subaru Impreza Coupe 22B-STI going thru the fast sweepers between the two hairpins. I then pass both the 10th place Mits EVO VIII GSR '03 and the 9th place Mits EVO IX GSR '05 going thru the tight left-hander just before the first tunnel. I next pass the 8th place Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen as we go across the bridge for the first time. Lap # 1 takes 2.27.696.

On lap # 2, I pass the 7th place Nissan 300ZX 2by2 and the 6th place Mits EVO GSR '92 as I power thru the fast sweepers between the two hairpins. I then pass the 5th place Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX as we exit the tight left-hander just before the first tunnel. I then get a good run up the S/F straight and nip past the 4th place Mits EVO III GSR '95 just before the end of lap # 2. At the end of lap # 2, I'm 6.1 seconds behind the race leading Mazda RX-7 Type RS after a 2.17.644 lap.

On lap # 3, I pass the 3rd place Subaru Sedan WRX STI '02 as we go thru the fast sweepers between the two hairpins.

On lap # 4, I pass the 2nd place Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX type R as we go thru the tight left-hander just before the first tunnel. I set a new lap record of 2.16.479 on lap # 4 and end the lap 7.5 seconds behind the race leading Mazda RX-7 Type RS.

After 10 laps, I find myself 12.1 seconds behind the race leading Mazda RX-7 Type RS, who is driving strongly, after a 2.16.594 lap. The 3rd place Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX type R is about one second behind me.

After 14 laps, I see that I'm 15.3 seconds behind the race leading Mazda RX-7 after a 2.17.740 lap. The Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI '02 is now the 3rd place car and he's just behind me, constantly filling my mirrors. My lap times have begun to suffer since my tires are showing their age, so even with the new V2.08 tire model, I don't think that I could stretch my tires to lap # 20, for a 2-stop race. I estimate that my front tires have lost about 1/3 of their tire life bars (in comparison, per my earlier race above, my tires had used about half their life at this point).

I pit at the end of lap # 15 for a new set of SH tires and ask for 5 liters of fuel. While I'm in the pits, I get passed by the 3rd, 4th and 5th place cars.

At the first checkpoint on lap # 16, I see that I've fallen 46.8 seconds behind the race leading Mazda RX-7.

I set a new lap record of 2.16.233 on lap # 17, and end the lap only 45.5 seconds behind the race leading Mazda RX-7.

On lap # 20, I set a new lap record of 2.15.824 and end the lap only 40.7 seconds behind the race leading Mazda RX-7 who has started to slow somewhat on his worn tires. I'm still in 5th place in the race, about 10 seconds behind the 4th place Mits EVO VIII GSR '03.

At the end of lap # 25, I catch the 4th place Mits EVO VIII GSR '03, so I get a draft driving up the S/F straight at the end of the lap, which ends with me 31.1 seconds behind the race leading Mazda RX-7.

At the beginning of lap # 26, I pass the 4th place Mits EVO VIII GSR '03 as we both brake for the first hairpin.

Just as I begin lap # 28, I draft past the 12th place Mits EVO GSR '92 and put him a lap down.

When I begin lap # 30, I see that I'm now only 23.5 seconds behind the race leading Mazda RX-7. At the end of lap # 30, I dive into the pits for another set of SH tires and ask for 5 more liters of fuel. While I'm in the pits, I get passed by the 5th place Mits EVO VIII GSR '03 and the 12th place Mits EVO GSR '92.

At the first checkpoint on lap # 31, I see that I've fallen 51.3 seconds behind the race leading Mazda RX-7 Type RS. On lap # 31, I pass the 12th place Mits EVO GSR '92 again, as we go thru the final esses, and put him down a lap again.

After 33 laps, I see that I'm only 42.3 seconds behind the race leading Mazda RX-7 after a decent 2.15.935 lap.

Just as I begin lap # 35, I draft past the 11th place Mits EVO III GSR '95 as we drive up the S/F straight. I also set a new lap record of 2.15.618. On lap # 35, I also pass the 10th place Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen. At the end of the lap, I draft past the 4th place Mits EVO VIII GSR '03 as we begin the drive up the S/F straight. I end the lap 33.9 seconds behind the race leading Mazda RX-7.

At the end of lap # 37, I pass the ...... (a back-marker) who is in the pits.

On lap # 38, I catch and pass the 3rd place Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX type R as we go thru the tight left-hander just before the first tunnel.

On lap # 41, I catch and pass the 2nd place Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI '02 as we go across the bridge. At the same time I get the news that I'm now only 11.2 seconds behind the race leading Mazda RX-7 Type RS.

On lap # 43, I catch and pass the race leading Mazda RX-7 as we go across the bridge!! Yay!

It took me 1 hour, 38 minutes and 30 seconds to drive thru the field and take the race lead!!

The Mazda RX-7 Type RS has really slowed down since he's on old 43 lap tires that haven't been changed since the start of the race. At the end of lap # 43, the Mazda RX-7 Type RS dives into the pits for his first pit-stop. This allows the Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX type R to drive past and take over 2nd place in the race.

At the first checkpoint on lap # 44, I see that I now have a 25.6 second lead over the 2nd place Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX type R.

As I begin lap # 45, I pass a back-marker ....... who is in the pits. I have a 31 second lead over the 2nd place Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX type R when I pit for another set of SH tires at the end of lap # 45.

After a quick pit-stop, I begin lap # 46 with a small lead over a 3-car pack. At the first checkpoint on lap # 46, I see that my lead is 4.1 seconds over the 2nd place Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX type R. The Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX type R pits at the end of lap # 46, which allows the Mazda RX-7 Type RS to take over 2nd place in the race.

At the first checkpoint on lap # 47, I see that I have a 8.1 second lead over the 2nd place Mazda RX-7. Will this be enough? Looking back, I see that the Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI '02 has taken over 3rd place in the race and the Mits EVOVIII GSR '03 has taken over 4th place in the race. The Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX type R has fallen back to 5th place.

On lap # 49, I pass both the '92 EVO and the '95 EVO's.

On lap # 51, I pass the Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen and put him a lap down.

After 55 laps, I still have a 7.7 second lead over the 2nd place Mazda RX-7.

At the end of lap # 58, I see that I have a 6.6 second lead over the Mazda RX-7 after a decent 2.17.175 lap. My tires have started to go off, so the race finish is going to be close!

At the end of lap # 59, my lead is only 4.8 seconds over the 2nd place Mazda RX-7 after a slowing 2.17.815 lap.

Lap # 60 takes 2.17.543, which gives me a total race time of 2 hours, 18 minutes and 32.543 seconds, and allows me to cross the finish line in first!

Finishing order:
--------------
1) GTsail in the VW Golf GTI
2) Mazda RX-7 Type RS ------- 4.08 seconds back
3) Sub Impreza WRX '02 ------- 21.863 seconds back
4) Mits EVO VIII '03 -----------
5) Sub Impreza WRX type R ----
6) Sub Impreza WRX 22B-STI ---
7) Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX -----
8) Mits EVO IX GSR '05 ---------
9) Nissan 300ZX 2by2 ---------
10) Sub Legacy B4 Blitzen ------
11) Mits EVO III GSR '95 -------
12) Mits EVO GSR '92 ----------

Post race notes:
----------------
Nice race! The Mazda RX-7 is plenty quick when his tires are fresh, but he slows considerably as his tires go off. I still need to review the replay to see if I missed anything else that was unusual.

The V2.08 tire model has changed this race again. Everyone is now pretty much on a one pit-stop race strategy. I will check my replay to see and record the actual laps that everyone has pitted on.

Enjoy the racing!
GTsail

Last edited:
Thanks for the report and info. đź‘Ť So are we seeing wear rates closer to how it was pre-2.02 update? I was getting 6 laps of hard racing with RS tyres on a MX5 TC at the Nurb 4hr back then.

Again another good report there :)

Im not sure if it is setup or not, but I did this race with a dc5 Integra on Sports Hard tyres and achieved a modest 23 laps of relatively hard racing before the tyres decided they werent going to play ball so I cannot believe that you were looking to pit on lap 15. I didnt go all out for the first few laps mind so maybe that enabled me to keep the tyres longer?

in terms of tyre management, do you do well to keep them from going red and wearing at a higher rate?

Thanks for the report and info. đź‘Ť So are we seeing wear rates closer to how it was pre-2.02 update? I was getting 6 laps of hard racing with RS tyres on a MX5 TC at the Nurb 4hr back then.

More testing is needed before I can answer your question.

The V2.08 update has certainly increased the life of our tires (and the life of the AI's tires).

The problem with the pre V2.02 tire model was that the soft tires lasted (essentially) just as long as the hard tires, which wasn't any good as a similation model.

Maybe I should break-out my Aston Martin DB9 for another run at the 4 hour 'Ring race and see how the different tire grades deal with the new V2.08 wear rates.đź’ˇ

Again another good report there :)

Im not sure if it is setup or not, but I did this race with a dc5 Integra on Sports Hard tyres and achieved a modest 23 laps of relatively hard racing before the tyres decided they werent going to play ball so I cannot believe that you were looking to pit on lap 15. I didnt go all out for the first few laps mind so maybe that enabled me to keep the tyres longer?

in terms of tyre management, do you do well to keep them from going red and wearing at a higher rate?

Thanks!

My VW Golf GTI eats its front tires (somewhat due to my lack of tuning skills), so my front tires are turning pink and red when I accelerate out of many of the tighter turns at Grand Valley.

The new V2.08 tire model has increased the tire life for my VW Golf by about 3 laps (I probably could get about 18 decent laps at GV, while before I could only get about 15 decent laps (see my post # 16 above)).

Per my seat-of-the-pants estimate, if I ran my VW Golf for 20 laps to make the GV race a two-stopper, I would lose more time than what is gained by skipping a pit stop. I'm not entirely sure if this is the case without actually trying it, but since I could feel my tires going off as I was driving lap # 14 and lap # 15, I decided not to try stretching them for 20 laps.

Maybe if I can get Dotini to give me a tune for my VW Golf, I can try running it for 20 laps and see if its a better or worse strategy!

Respectfully,
GTsail

Last edited:
Maybe if I can get Dotini to give me a tune for my VW Golf, I can try running it for 20 laps and see if its a better or worse strategy!

Respectfully,
GTsail

Thanks for the mention - and I'll put tuning a Golf V GTi '05 on my list of GT5 things to do. Due to my extended absence from the game, I'm having to re-learn a lot of the physics of tuning. I've re-done my Elise and have a BRZ going to my satisfaction, so I have 400PP to 500PP (MR and FR) covered. Front drive next!

Respectfully,
Steve

V2.08 Tire Test Report
After several full stints and partial stints testing a Golf V GTI '05 (425 PP) with my G27 wheel, I came to the conclusion that GTsail290 was probably correct in pitting at 15 lap intervals on SH tires. I tested numerous combinations of springs, ride heights, LSD settings, etc. Some were better than others, but I couldn't get any setup to go 20 decent laps. I then tested with a Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04 (420 PP), and found that even though it was both quicker and easier on tires, it would still tend to turn one or both front tires pink or red on corner exit, and struggle to make 20 decent laps on SH, for me. I found the Civic Type R (EP) '01 to be better yet, so tried a full distance test with the results below. I used no aids except ABS 1 during these tests, and tried to avoid overly abusing the tires into and out of corners, consistent with competitive laptimes. Although specific settings can vary widely from car to car, I found that LSD settings can be of critical importance in controlling wheelspin out of slow corners.

Honda Civic Type R (EP) '01
420 PP
HP 220
Weight 1168 kg (WR1, 50kg @ 0)
PL 90.0 %
No aids except ABS 1
Sport Hards used laps 1-20, Sport Mediums used laps 21-35, 36-50, Sports Soft used laps 51-60

Lineup: 2nd GV300km lineup after reset and one entry/exit of a PD Cup event (Expert Series).
Fairlady Z Version S '02
Impreza Sedan WRX STi '94
Fairlady Z Version S '07
Lancer Evolution VIII GSR '03
Fairlady Z Version ST '02
Lancer Evolution V GSR '98
Legacy B4 2.0 GT Spec B '03
Skyline GT-R V-spec '95
Skyline GT-R '89
Skyline Coupe 350GT '03
Fairlady Z 300ZX Ver S TT 2 seater

Race Summary
Lap 1: Start race on Sport Hard tires with intent of investigating tire wear. Tried to squeeze - not jam - on throttle after slow turns. Tried to roll through apexes - not slide excessively.
Lap 6: Set fastest lap on Sports Hard, 2:16.216
Lap 10: Take lead of race
Lap 20: Pit for Sports Mediums. Laptimes varied to as much as 2:19.033 on lap 19 with the Sports Hards. About 60% tread remaining on left front.
Lap 28: Set fastest lap on Sports Medium at 2:13.017
Lap 34: Slowest time on SM of 2:15.616
Lap 35: Pit for new SM's. About 60% remaining on left front.
Lap 50: Pit for Sports Soft
Lap 53: Fastest lap on SS of 2:10.054
Lap 58: 2:10.639
Lap 60: Finish 1st with total time of 2:16:48.xxx. 2nd was Fairlady Z Version S '07, more than one lap down, then the Fairlady Z Version S '02 and the Lancer Evo VIII GSR '03.

Conclusion: On the Civic Type R (EP) '01 (420 PP), Sports Hards are good for 20 lap pit intervals, SM good for 15, and SS might go 12. I believe this is better than the Golf V GTI '05 can do, and maybe also slightly better than the Integra Type R (DC5) '04.
Setup specifics can make some difference, with the LSD settings playing a major role.

2nd conclusion: The AI don't appear to be doing themselves any favors by stopping only once for tires. This race should continue to be fairly easy to beat, and may produce yet more records for our Patron, GTsail, to enter into his OP.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

Last edited:
I found the Civic Type R (EP) '01 to be better yet, so tried a full distance test with the results below.

Honda Civic Type R (EP) '01
420 PP
HP 220
Weight 1168 kg (WR1, 50kg @ 0)
PL 90.0 %
No aids except ABS 1
Sport Hards used laps 1-20, Sport Mediums used laps 21-35, 36-50, Sports Soft used laps 51-60

Lap 60: Finish 1st with total time of 2:16:48.xxx. 2nd was Fairlady Z Version S '07, more than one lap down, then the Fairlady Z Version S '02 and the Lancer Evo VIII GSR '03.

Nice work Dotini!

Its good to know that there's 3 seconds (per lap) to be gained from each step up in the tires grades.

Any chance that you might share your Honda Civic Type R '01 tune?

I would like to give it a try at Laguna Seca.

You can send me a PM if you want to keep its highly coveted secrets hidden from the chattering masses.:D

Thanks,
GTsail

Any chance that you might share your Honda Civic Type R '01 tune?

You can send me a PM if you want to keep its highly coveted secrets hidden from the chattering masses.:D

:lol:
I'm happy to share with those wanting to know how I do it.

My Civic Type R '01 is equipped with ECU, racing filter, sports catalytic, titanium racing exhaust, and set to 90% PL. It has 50 kg @0 and WR1 for 220 hp, 1168 kg and 420 PP.

I use drivetrain upgrades, and the following gear ratios following tranny trick:
1st 2.651
2nd 2.070
3rd 1.054
4th 1.370
5th 1.164
6th 1.017
Fin 4.621 for 139 mph

Suspension, adapted from Priano:
-15/-10
9.0/6.6
4/4
2/2
2.2/1.1
.05/.10
LSD 12/60/5 <--- I would try 1-5 clicks less accel next time
Brakes 4/6 <--- I would try 4/5 next time

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

My Civic Type R '01 is equipped with ECU, racing filter, sports catalytic, titanium racing exhaust, and set to 90% PL. It has 50 kg @0 and WR1 for 220 hp, 1168 kg and 420 PP.

Thanks for the tune Dotini!:drool:

I've just finished my most recent 4 hour Nurburgring race (with the narrowest of margins), so its my intention to run the Civic Type R at Laguna Seca next.

Respectfully,
GTsail

My internet provider decided to blow up their DNS servers and not supply me any broadband for the last couple of days, so I took this as a sign to get back into some offline endurance races.

This was my first run to test out the new v2.08 tyre model and also a good opportunity to run an Elise for the first time - thanks to Dotini for his unerring faith in them which helped make my mind up to give it a go. ;) I chose the premium Elise '96 and added my usual 80Kg ballast and an upgraded exhaust to bring it back to near it's standard 404PP. I added a front end brake bias to help with stability and then slapped on some sports soft tyres as I was confident in just the one pitstop.

Car: Lotus Elise '96
HP: 135
PP: 405
Weight: 835Kg
Mods: Sports exhaust manifold, Sports cat, Racing exhaust.
Power Level: 100%
Top Speed Setting: Stock.
Tyres: SS
All aids off. ABS 1. DFGT wheel.

Set Up:
Suspension and trans all stock.
Brake Balance: 7/5
Weight Adjustment: Ballast 80Kg @ position -50 (46/54 split)

Grid:
1. Impreza Sedan WRX STi '94
2. Impreza WRX STi '07
3. Fairlady Z 300ZX Ver.S TT 2seater (Z32) '98
4. Lancer Evolution GSR '92
5. Legacy B4 2.0GT spec.B '03
6. Aristo V300 '00
7. Me
8. Accord Coupe EX '03
9. Celica GT-Four RC (ST185) '91
10. Supra RZ '97
11. Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33) '95
12. Celica GT-Four (ST205) '98

As you will see from the outcome of the race there's a reason I've only noted the major incidents and key moments. So here we go, no testing just straight in&#8230;

Lap times as follows (time at end of lap):
Lap 1: 2:19.444 - Dropped to 9th at start - ended lap -9 secs to WRX STi '07 in 6th. Plenty of jostling in the pack.
Lap 2: 2:16.765 - 5th place -10 secs.
Lap 3: 2:16.012 - 4th place -10.5 secs and just about matching leading pace. WRX STi '07 is off on his own.
Lap 4: 2:16.187 - Holding 4th but making 0.5 sec gains.
Lap 5: 2:15.674 - Take 3rd from 300ZX. -9 secs to leader.
Lap 6: 2:16.425 - Take 2nd from WRX STi '94. -9 secs to leader.
Lap 7: 2:15.085 - -8 secs.
Lap 8: 2:14.917 - Finding my feet with the Elise now. -6 secs to leader.
Lap 9: 2:15.263 - -4.5 secs.
Lap 10: 2:14.713 - -2 secs. Homing in nicely.
Lap 11: 2:14.705 - Take 1st place through the long tunnel - sooooo much more grip and apex speed than the AI cars.
Lap 12: 2:14.259
Lap 13: 2:14.967
Lap 14: 2:14.282
Lap 15: 2:14.086 - Fastest lap
Lap 16: 2:14.152
Lap 17: 2:15.024
Lap 18: 2:14.384
Lap 19: 2:14.374
Lap 20: 2:15.473 - Lapping first backmarkers (Lancer Evo GSR '92 & Celica (ST185)) costs me a second.
Lap 21: 2:15.720
Lap 22: 2:14.499 - Lap the Celica (ST220)
Lap 23: 2:14.495
Lap 24: 2:14.646
Lap 25: 2:14.895 - Lap the Accord Coupe
Lap 26: 2:15.259 - Lap Aristo V300 and GT-R R33
Lap 27: 2:14.939
Lap 28: 2:14.923 - This car is so consistent. Lap Supra RZ.
Lap 29: 2:15.300
Lap 30: 2:14.939 - Half way and all tyres still strong at 75% with only slightly more wear to the left rear. Lap the 300ZX and Legacy B4. No sign of anyone pitting yet. Only used a quarter of a tank of fuel.
Lap 31: 2:15.460
Lap 32: 2:15.742
Lap 33: 2:15.469
Lap 34: 2:22.147 - OK, that's not nice. Went cleanly up the inside of the WRX Sti '94 at the second hairpin to lap him and he tank slaps me on to the grass in the braking zone. Where were the blue flags&#8230; or even a black one?!
Lap 35: 2:15.804 - Lap the WRX STi '94 at the same corner but keep well clear of his weaving this time.
Lap 36: 2:22.723 - And again! This time I lap the 2nd place WRX STi '07 at the final tight turns and he decides to unlap himself in the braking zone at the first corner. Punts me into the gravel as he weaves about all over the track (tyres must be wearing). Two offs, neither my fault!
Lap 37: 2:15.415
Lap 38: 2:15.406
Lap 39: 2:16.358 - Aristo V300 is the first to blink and pits.
Lap 40: 2:16.032 - 300 ZX and Accord Coupe pit.
Lap 41: 2:16.005 - Supra RZ pits. My lap times are now in the low 2:16.xxxs, still quicker than 2nd place.
Lap 42: 2:16.335
Lap 43: 2:15.878
Lap 44: 2:15.866
Lap 45: 2:15.922
Lap 46: 2:15.947 - WRX STi '07 pits.
Lap 47: 2:16.789 - GT-R R33 pits.
Lap 48: 2:16.775
Lap 49: 2:16.919
Lap 50: 2:16.146 - Celica (ST185), Celica (ST220) and WRX STi '94 pit.
Lap 51: 2:16.117 - Legacy B4 pits. I've twice lapped everyone up to the WRX STi '07 in second. I can just start to feel the back end lose grip now. Lap times still good though.
Lap 52: 2:16.812
Lap 53: 2:16.802
Lap 54: 2:16.540
Lap 55: 2:17.949 - Lancer Evo pits. OK, tyres have hit a wall at last but I'm OK to finish.
Lap 56: 2:17.180
Lap 57: 2:18.592
Lap 58: 2:18.577
Lap 59: 2:17.719
Lap 60: 2:19.476 - I can see the 2nd placed WRX STi '07 up ahead but I've run out of time to double-lap him. Tyres are shot which meant plenty of opposite lock on the final lap. Even so a sub-2:20.xxx is pretty good after 60 laps.

Finishing time was 2:16:17.403 with a winning margin of almost 2 laps over the second place Impreza WRX STi '07 and the WRX STi '94 was a very distant 3rd.

Fastest lap was on lap 15: 2:14.086.

Subaru WRX STi '07 - Best lap 2:15.662
Subaru WRX STi '94 - Best lap 2:17.505

Conclusion:
No pit stops! I wasn't expecting that - in a way it spoilt the race a little by taking that tactical part away. At the half way point my lap times hadn't changed and the tyres were still at 75%. I only felt any change in grip at around lap 34, but it was hardly anything. From that point on the grip has a consistent and slow decline, but it's very slight. Lap 50 was the moment that the grip started to drop off faster but I could still maintain decent lap times and still be flat out throughout the essess before the second hairpin. For reference, this basically happens at 25-30% wear on these tyres. And for the record, look how much later the AI pit now. The Lancer Evo on lap 55!

There wasn't really much of a race - that ended on lap 11 when I took the lead. It was clear as soon as the Subaru's tyres started to wear I was going to be long gone. The new tyre model also helped out here. I can now see why the Elise is so good for the low PP runs - might even have a go at breaking the record. :sly: Really enjoyed driving her and she might, just might, take over as a favourite over my beloved S2000s.

So, the burning question here is whether not pitting is quicker than taking a pitstop? Do you lose more time on worn tyres than getting a fresh set half way and banging in the lap times? Well, based on my previous runs, I estimate the average pitstop without fuel loses you about 31 seconds and by my rough calculations I lost about 50 seconds from lap 30 (half way) over a 2:14.xxx lap on good tyres. Therefore, my conclusion is that a mid-point pitstop would make your race around 20 seconds faster than not pitting (with an Elise on SS tyres anyway). :D

This was my first run to test out the new v2.08 tyre model and also a good opportunity to run an Elise for the first time

Astounding results, axletramp! :cheers:
It's a rare endurance race with no pitstops.
Welcome back to offline enduro racing - please feel free to stay awhile and claim some new world records! :)

Respectfully,
Steve

Last edited:
Thanks, I might just do that. :) I just ran this to test the car and tyre model, there was no intention to go without a pitstop. I hope some of my data might help some others trying something similar.

Loved the Elise though. ;)

I've never done this race with a "normal" car before, so with the new tire wear I decided to give it a go. I figured I'd need to get a car that could do close to the 2'15 laps that the RX-7 in lineup #1 can do and then I'd be able to win by better pit stops.

I chose the premium Silvia '02 from the NCD, changed the oil and loaded up the race with everything completely stock, no aids. I drive in cockpit view with 50% viewing angle (more realistic field of view) and to keep it more realistic I turned off HUD. This turned out to make things interesting because with low FoV I couldn't see the instruments so I drove the whole race by sound and feel. :)

At the start of the race I was fairly even with most of the field and picked them off one by one in various spots where the AI just seemed to slow down way more than necessary. The lead cars opened a gap of about 10 seconds that slowly increased until about lap 10, at which point I started maintaining a constant distance. Somewhere around 15 the gap started to decrease again as the leader was starting to wear his tires and I passed him around lap 22. By then my tires were barely worn and I knew the race was already over since the AI always stays out too long before changing tires so there was no way he'd ever catch back up.

I made a pit stop at the half way point. Like axletramp my tires weren't too bad at this point at around 75%, but I know pits are quick on this track and with so many laps to go the time gained on track more than makes up for the stop. I came back out about 10s behind the RX-7 but this time it took less than 3 laps to gain that back and pass him again. From there it was just a matter of cruising to the line and watch the 2nd place car torture himself on bad tires, dropping as much as 5 seconds a lap until he finally pitted around lap 44. He came back out about 1'25 behind me and started gaining slightly but it was too little too late. I crossed the finish line in 2h17min22s with the RX-7 1'15 behind at his last split.

In retrospect I made a mistake by changing the oil on the car, but the AI runs such a stupid strategy that it still wouldn't have been a "good" race. If only PD would let us manually configure options such as pit strategies, these races would be so much more interesting.

At the half way point my lap times hadn't changed and the tyres were still at 75%...

So, the burning question here is whether not pitting is quicker than taking a pitstop? Do you lose more time on worn tyres than getting a fresh set half way and banging in the lap times? Well, based on my previous runs, I estimate the average pitstop without fuel loses you about 31 seconds and by my rough calculations I lost about 50 seconds from lap 30 (half way) over a 2:14.xxx lap on good tyres. Therefore, my conclusion is that a mid-point pitstop would make your race around 20 seconds faster than not pitting (with an Elise on SS tyres anyway). :D

In a hard-charging 381 PP run with a BRZ on SM, I found my left front tire worn to the 40% mark by half distance, so of course was obliged to change them. More conservative driving in the 2nd stint saw me home with ~60% wear remaining on the LF, about 65% on the others.

Subaru BRZ S '12
381 PP
HP 174
Weight 1425 (195kg kg @ +35)
PL 85.0 %
No aids except ABS 1
Sport Mediums used all laps, Pitstop (no fuel) Lap 30
Total time: 2:19:30.xxx
MoV: 11.2 seconds

Lineup: 2nd GV300km lineup after reset and one entry/exit of a PD Cup event (Expert Series).
1. Fairlady Z Version S '02
2. Impreza Sedan WRX STi '94
3. Fairlady Z Version S '07
4. Lancer Evolution VIII GSR '03
5. Fairlady Z Version ST '02
6. Lancer Evolution V GSR '98
7. Subaru BRZ S '12
8. Legacy B4 2.0 GT Spec B '03
9. Skyline GT-R V-spec '95
10. Skyline GT-R '89
11. Skyline Coupe 350GT '03
12. Fairlady Z 300ZX Ver S TT 2 seater

Lap / time / Position / Gap / Notes
Lap 1: 2:22.651; P4; Unlike GTsail290, I don't hang around to watch the field go by at the start! I'm racing hard but fair. I keep in mind the need for tire preservation at all times. No wrecks, no spins, no red or pink on the tire wear indicators in the turns or coming off turns. I maintain this discipline for the whole race.
Lap 2: 2:17.942
Lap 3: 2:19.538; P3
Lap 4: 2:18.012
Lap 5: 2:17.129 <---Fastest Lap 1st stint
Lap 6: 2:17.466
Lap 7: 2:17.403; P2 +6.6
Lap 8: 2:17.906; +6.6
Lap 9: 2:18.737; +7
Lap 10:2:17.289; +6.3
Lap 12: 2:17.409; +6.6
Lap 13: 2:17.779; +6.3
Lap 14: 2:18.182; +6
Lap 15: 2:17.978; +6.3
Lap 17: 2:17.935; +4.9
Lap 18: 2:18.002; +4
Lap 19: 2:18.937; +5
Lap 20: 2:18.162; +4.1
Lap 22: 2:19.113; +2
Lap 23: 2:19.244; +0.1
Lap 24: 2:19.839; P1 -0.19 <---At last, leading the race!
Lap 25: 2:20.339; -1.3
Lap 27: 2:19.519; -1.8
Lap 28: 2:20.162; -1.9
Lap 29: 2:21.849; -1.3
Lap 30: 2:42.120; P5 +20.5, Pit for tires only, left front worn to 40%
Lap 31: 2:27.431; +27 <---It would appear the pit stop cost me about 28 seconds
Lap 32: 2:17.590; +23
Lap 33: 2:17.119; P4 +20
Lap 34: 2:18.260; +18
Lap 35: 2:17.671; P3 +15
Lap 37: 2:16.511; +4.8 <--- fastest Lap, 2nd stint
Lap 38: 2:18.513; +1.6
Lap 39: 2:18.094; P1 -4.2
Lap 40: 2:18.775; -9.3
Lap 41: 2:18.250; -16
Lap 43: 2:18.981; -28
Lap 44: 2:19.565; -1:00 <---The competition has pitted - only 14 laps late :crazy:
Lap 45: 2:19.929; -56
Lap 47: 2:18.204; -54
Lap 48: 2:19.201;
Lap 49: 2:19.464;
Lap 50 2:19.257 ; -47
Lap 52: 2:18.22 ; -43
Lap 53: 2:20.061; -40
Lap 54: 2: 22.834; -35
Lap 55: 2:21.143; -30
Lap 57: 2:120.930; -24
Lap 58: 2:22.057; -20
Lap 59: 2:21.329; -15
Lap 60: 2:21.048; -11.2

Finishing Order / Fastest lap
1. Dotini/Subaru BRZ S '12; 2:16.511 <--- Note: Only 4th quickest! Max speed: 119 mph (no draft)
2. Lancer Evolution VIII GSR '03; 2:15.805
3. Fairlady Z Version S '02; 2:16.392 <---Max speed noted: 136mph
4. Fairlady Z Version S '07; 2:16.315
5. Fairlady Z Version ST '02; 2:16.519
6. Skyline Coupe 350GT '03; 2:17.045
7. Lancer Evolution V GSR '98; 2:17.476
8. Skyline GT-R V-spec '95; 2:16.722
9. Impreza Sedan WRX STi '94; 2:17.494
10. Legacy B4 2.0 GT Spec B '03; 2:17.355
11. Skyline GT-R '89; 2:18.134
12. Fairlady Z 300ZX Ver S TT 2 seat; 218.579

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

Last edited:
Subaru BRZ S '12
381 PP
HP 174
Weight 1425 (195kg kg @ +35)
PL 85.0 %
No aids except ABS 1
Sport Mediums used all laps, Pitstop (no fuel) Lap 30
Total time: 2:19:30.xxx
MoV: 11.2 seconds

Nice race Dotini!

You've lowered the SM leaderboard by a considerable margin!

By the looks of it, the 2nd place Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII GSR was closing fast near the end of the race. Thankfully the race didn't have another 3 laps!

Respectfully,
GTsail

Nice race Dotini!

You've lowered the SM leaderboard by a considerable margin!

By the looks of it, the 2nd place Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII GSR was closing fast near the end of the race. Thankfully the race didn't have another 3 laps!

Respectfully,
GTsail

I considered the previous SM record to be slightly low-hanging fruit - and I wanted it out of the thoughts of axletramp for a time! :sly:

Yes, the iconic Evo VIII was laying down 2:16's while I was paying out the rope with high teens and low 20's. I would have had to take him more seriously if only he had pitted when he should...

For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these "it might have been." -John Greenleaf Whittier
The happiest words are these, "I told you so!" -Gore Vidal

Respectfully,
Steve

Back