FITT Fall Battle 2.0 - Coastal Concept Challenge: Praiano wins!

I've driven my share of Vipers :D, but this one just drives differently. Understeer until the rear kicks out :lol:. Definitely need to stay on your toes... but hay, it's a Viper đź‘Ť

Has anybody got some feedback on my cars current state of tune? At this point I'm not sure about how much is my lousy driving and how much is the car just reaching its limits.
One minute it feels like it has wonderful rotation on corner entry and plenty of grip mid corner. Next lap it feels like it won't turn in at all and has almost no grip mid corner.:banghead:

Has anybody got some feedback on my cars current state of tune? At this point I'm not sure about how much is my lousy driving and how much is the car just reaching its limits.
One minute it feels like it has wonderful rotation on corner entry and plenty of grip mid corner. Next lap it feels like it won't turn in at all and has almost no grip mid corner.:banghead:

OhÂ…it's shared? I'd have helped, but I didn't know. :lol: Maybe it's the tyres warming up?

And mopar, I find the GTS-R to be more a cruiser than a proper sports car when stock, with that really long gearbox it has.

Onboy123
Oh…it's shared? I'd have helped, but I didn't know. :lol: Maybe it's the tyres warming up?

And mopar, I find the GTS-R to be more a cruiser than a proper sports car when stock, with that really long gearbox it has.

A cruiser is a good way to put it. Best of luck with it đź‘Ť

CapeRing.jpg

Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01

IMG_0003.jpg

It's on sharing now.

Two tips for testers: the powerband is 10k-12k and extra speed is unlocked if you work with the slightly pendulum-ing rear, gently using the throttle to straighten it up. When in doubt, power out!!

trackripper123
Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept '89
Found in UCD
550PP
533BHP, 595Nm, 1218kg
4WD

Body/Chassis
Ballast - 65kg @ 50

A huge thank you to NEWDRIVER and ugabugaz :) I was thinking about adding ballast anyway. How much until 50/50 balance?

EDIT: Uhmm... NEWDRIVER, can you work out which parts will get me to 550PP with the new ballast affecting the PP?

This ballast you wrote it up should be 100kg @ 50 not 65kg @ 50 .
That if someone he plan to built the car so it will make defernt in pp and also the drive feel .

Ohh…no wing, aren't we brave this time round, Nomis…*secretly hopes my white MR2's spirit takes over it and screw up the handling* :lol:

OhhÂ…no wing, aren't we brave this time round, NomisÂ…
:lol: Actually I am using rear downforce... actually an advanced form that isn't speed dependent... rear ballast :sly:

Well here's a challenge for you, Onboy: 2:39.8. If you can beat that in my GSX-R then you are a better driver than me! If your MR2 beats it, you are also a better tuner :)

:lol: Actually I am using rear downforce... actually an advanced form that isn't speed dependent... rear ballast :sly:

Well here's a challenge for you, Onboy: 2:39.8. If you can beat that in my GSX-R then you are a better driver than me! If your MR2 beats it, you are also a better tuner :)

Isn't that more acting in place of front downforce though, since its positioning causes oversteer? :P

Whoa, where did that challenge come from? :lol: EhÂ…I'll try, but I've not even got my Viper to below 39s, leave alone a car by someone else.

I am the same way with every car I'm trying to tune, after just a few laps. I took up driving untuned cars for quite a while and got so used to driving "around" the stock setup that I am having a hard time feeling whether changes are necessary or not. Mix in that I'm not really familiar with Cape Ring so I learn little things every lap and it makes for a fuzzy tuning effort...lol :crazy:

I am gone fishing for the weekend so I will post my tune tonight hopefully.

I've outlined two groups for testing. It is based off my testing and some figures I put together so it could be totally off :D but I am hoping that there will not be any cars that run away or get left behind.

I'm not Onboy but...I was curious. I really have to thank you for making this GSX. Wanna know why? I broke into the 35's. What's this mean? It means your car is faster than mine. Also the run I got the 35 on had a spectacular near wipeout. :. I have no clue how I managed to save the lap. On another lap I managed to roll your car over :lol:. On a composite lap of mine I see a mid to low 35 for this car. An alien could probably do it in the low 34's.

2:35.984 - Congratulations

Last edited:

I've not tried your car, Sir. Been too busy arguing with my malevolent green b*****d car. I too have struggled to contain it, to be honest, I've little expectation that it'll do well considering some of the times I've seen bandied. How about we have an old man fight at the back of the pack. You know the sort, waving walking sticks and throwing empty beer cans at each other...

{Cy}

I've not tried your car, Sir. Been too busy arguing with my malevolent green b*****d car. I too have struggled to contain it, to be honest, I've little expectation that it'll do well considering some of the times I've seen bandied. How about we have an old man fight at the back of the pack. You know the sort, waving walking sticks and throwing empty beer cans at each other...

{Cy}
Dirty Ol Men it is!:crazy:

Sad thing is I can sense the cars potential I just can't get it to deliver on it consistently.:drool: Not saying it can compete with the GT-Rs and that bunch, just that it can do much better than I'm getting from it right now.:odd:

Unfortunately I've been too busy this week to do anything with the tune and it's nowhere near finished. I'm leaving early tomorrow for a few days so I have to withdraw from tuning but I think I'll still make it for test driving.

Hmm…might just be me waking up after a trip in the back of a car…but I'm not too sure if I like the GSXR. It feels kind of like my MR2 and Garaiya, but it doesn't feel as…nice? I'm not sure what's wrong, I just don't feel comfy in it. And Nomis, why is the gap between 1st and 2nd so big I can shove in another 2 gears to compensate for it? :lol:

^ No worries, thanks for trying it out.

First gear??? I didn't even realise it had one :lol: 2nd to 6th are designed to keep you buzzing along at 10-12k rpm. First gear is just for driving onto the car trailer...and creating smoke...

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes "Bull Fish" (Lambo Miura P400 ‘67)

RedBullHangar-7_12.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: new car dealer
Paintjob: Blue
Wheels: Aftermarket
aero : none
Weight Reduction: Stage 2
Window Weight Reduction: yes
Carbon Hood: no
Chassis reinforcement: yes
ECU Tuning: yes
Engine Tuning: none
Intake Manifold: yes
Air Filter: sport
Exhaust Manifold: no
Catalytic Converter: yes
Exhaust: Ti Race
Transmission: FC
Clutch: Twin Plate Clutch
Flywheel: Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Drive Shaft: yes
LSD: yes
Suspension: FC
Tires: SS

The Tune
Ballast weight : 5/-50
Power Limiter : 99.5%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) set to default
2) set top speed to 124 mph
3)Set gears 1st=3.715, 2nd=2.754, 3rd=2.158, 4th=1.745, 5th=1.428
4)Set Final gear to 2.500
Should display an indicated top speed of 190 mph in upper right
corner.

LSD
initial 8, acceleration 18, braking 5

Suspension
Ride height front 5, rear 5
Spring rate front 12.1, rear 13.6
Dampers (Extension) front 7 rear 7
Dampers (Compression) front 6 rear 4
Anti-roll bars front 2 rear 3
Camber angle front 2.2 rear 1.8
Toe angle front -.06 rear -.08
Brakes: front 6 rear 5

Transmission: Auto or Manual
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

The car has 550 PP,weighs 896 Kg with a 44/56 front/rear weight
distribution, has a power to weight ratio of 2.02 kg/hp, has 437 HP
@7600 rpm and produces 314 ft-lb torque @6100 rpm,

Notes:
Tuned for the 2nd annual Fall Shootout @ Cape Ring.

I want to give special thanks to Praiano for being a test driver and pointing me
in the right direction in setting this car up. I was lost without his
expertise on this one. đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

ENJOY, AC

Last edited:
Ok, I see that I got my work cut out. Cy hates his own car, so I shouldn't expect much from it either... :dopey: But AC's gorgeous Miura could steal the show. Those horrid rims should be left out, honestly. By the way, don't forget to check out my powerboard! Just go to the first page, there should be a link there. :sly:

Ok, I see that I got my work cut out. Cy hates his own car, so I shouldn't expect much from it either... :dopey: But AC's gorgeous Miura could steal the show. Those horrid rims should be left out, honestly. By the way, don't forget to check out my powerboard! Just go to the first page, there should be a link there. :sly:

Thrash the Beemer as hard as you like, it deserves it...

{Cy}

Do you want me to crash it at a reasonably high speed once the testing is done? :dopey:

Absolutely, once you're done with it and you cross the line for the last time, just forget to turn left at the end of the straight. That'll learn the wee green beastie...

{Cy}

Niku : y u no like my rims.... LOL. They are a bit dull. I wish the Miura was a "contendah" for lap times but unless someone knows how to change PDs programming it just can't match the the faster cars here. It is a challenge to drive fast and rewarding to me if I can get a clean lap under 2:40. The car has plenty of character along with more drama than a Lohan on a bender if and when you get it crossed up. I do enjoy driving it in a high risk/reward kind of way. If any of the testers connect with it like I have I'll be happy. :)

Regretfully DB I am going to have to pull out. In the last week I've had to find new accommodation and move, I don't think I will be able to get the Internet connected and test in the time left, I will try and build the cars to the specs listed but don't think that I will have them all.

I'll post my tune and put the car back on share in a couple hours after I finish dinner. Found out part of my tuning problems are due to the car I have being a lemon that requires an oil change every hundred miles or it starts losing power rapidly.:drool::(

Back