FITT Fall Battle 2.0 - Coastal Concept Challenge: Praiano wins!

Well, You don't "just" add weight. You add weight and then increase power until you get to the PP. The stock car is very understeery - having a rear biased weight distribution helps tremendously with cornering. Reason why my car was at 545PP is because I hadn't done Stage 1 Engine and I simply couldn't add any more power with just bolt-ons.
Ah, I'd thought the 545PP was due to lack of available upgrade.

Good thing there is still a couple days left before I have to post my tune. Between Ol'Harvey Wallbanger's so called driving skills getting a bit rusty with the recent break he took, the 2.08 update, track and this fat beast, things aren't progressing as well as hoped.:drool:
The car definitely has more potential left in it, but finding all those bits and pieces is proving to be a real challenge. Finally said to H E double hockey sticks with the first turn issue. Settled on just throwing the car into a four wheel drift then powering it out of it with the 600hp and four wheel drive. Nuvolari is probably cheering from racing heaven as he is widely credited as the first to use 4 wheel drifts in Gran Prix racing.

On a side note I did manage a respectable 6th place finish in the Dream Car seasonal race at Spa. Considering the PP disadvantage VS the race cars in that seasonal and that I kept the SS tires on for it, think that was quite respectable.:)

Will put the car on share before I call it quits for the day if anyone wants to give it a run and make some suggestions...:dopey:

Let me start off by saying I don't like Vipers in GT5. Now onto your particular Viper. I had high hopes I would like this particular Viper because generally I like Onboy tunes. Onboy, You've made an abomination. This Viper is so lifeless, so vacuum like, I could probably drive it half asleep. The exhaust note doesn't help since it's an On/Off buzzing annoyance of some kind. It actually sounds like an electric car if I'm being honest. Is it easy to drive? Yes! Is the tune great? Yes! Do I want to drive the Viper? No! What you've made Onboy, is a Viper GT-R.

Now some off-ranting points that may help you. Car is a bit understeery at limit, and especially at high radius turns. See if you can give it a bit more front bite. Didn't find any other faults.

Time: 1:39.3XX - I know there's around .3 seconds I lost in the lap (As compared to my best composite).

Hmm…well, the other option was to have it weigh around as much as a NASCAR and running around 550-ish HP, and I have no intention of either entering something so cumbersome nor something so deadly as that. :lol: You calling it a GT-R is just about the biggest insult you could ever label onto my cars though, so screw you, I'mma make it kill nao.

My Mullet Mobile / A Team Camaro IROC Z have been updated with a new tune, feel free to drive it, it's on share :embarrassed: Not a final tune yet, but it's pretty close.

Ahhh I haven't tested a single car yet... :scared:

With the due date this Saturday and having raced the real car at Mid-Ohio last weekend, I am going to have to tune from 10PM to midnight on Saturday night. That seems to be my likely window of opportunity.

Hmm…well, the other option was to have it weigh around as much as a NASCAR and running around 550-ish HP, and I have no intention of either entering something so cumbersome nor something so deadly as that. :lol: You calling it a GT-R is just about the biggest insult you could ever label onto my cars though, so screw you, I'mma make it kill nao.

Whaat no wai - I thought you loooved R35's :lol:

Well, I'd figure it's better to set this up for now, so that I don't forget to do it later...

The Kinnikuman Cape Ring Power Board!

This is the standings of who's the faster around Cape Ring. My settings for testing are the following:

3 laps of testing. If one of those laps is a non-clean one (i.e. with a red time), it still counts as a lap, but if that time is the fastest, it won't count as the fastest lap posted, that honor will go to the fastest clean lap.

I drive with a Dualshock 3.

ABS:1

No other driving aids.

Manual transmission.

Real grip and 4 in terms of controller sensibliliy.

Round 1

1: nomis's Suzuki GSX-R 4 2.41.122
2: Ugabugaz's Citroen GT Concept 2.41.428
3: Praiano's Nissan GTR Tokyo Concept 2.41.958
4: krenkme's Suzuki GSX-R 4 Concept 2.43.556
5: Diogo's Nissan GTR Black Mask 2.43.810
6: NEWDRIVER's Honda HSC 2.43.862
7: Onboy's Dodge Viper GTS-R 2.44.033
8: Harvey's Audi Nuvolari Quattro 2.44.685
9: Theo's Infiniti FX45 2.44.800
10: Motor City Hami's Honda NSX-R 2.44.855
11: Dr. Slump's BMW 1 Series Concept 2.44.990
12: ACSR's Lamborghini Miura 2.45.548
13: trackripper's Mitsubishi HSR-II 2.45.821
14: Cykosis's BMW 1 Series Concept 2.46.831
15: Line R32's Audi Pikes Peak 2.48.215
16: Ridox's Chevy Camaro IROC 2.49.748

Driver's Log

Ugabugaz's Citroen GT: Well, the last car that I tested was almost the fastest one! Anyone expecting a "cheese eating surrender monkey" will be forced to eat their words in amazement. This beast, in the hands of a more capable driver, will pull times below the 2:40:xxx mark by a long margin. It's a demanding car for sure, it needs a careful foot on the accel pedal, or the tail will kill you via tremendous tailslide. And the way it takes the jump is pretty nose-first, if you get my idea. It has a stability that takes a lot to be broken, and 7 gears for that quickness you don't expect from something wearing a double chevron. It ain't the car to have fun with, it's a car that serves to blast laps. Not too hard to drive, but it needs care to be fast.

Cykosis's BMW 1 Series: Ay caramba, now I know why Cy hates his own car. It's not horrible, mind you, just bland as a brick. Dr. Slump's Beemer is fun at the very least, but this green pile of rubbish can't trigger any of your fun genes. An awful lot of oversteer is coupled with almost no feel from the steering, and you get a worthless BMW. Not fast by any means, and not fun by a long shot. You can get so much better, and you don't even need to look too far for it. Well, sending it against the wall was worth it...

Dr. Slump's BMW 1 Series: This was a last-minute tune for the Doc, but I can't say it's the worst tune in here. Yes, it does feel a tad heavy, and it packs way too much hp for a small coupe, but it is fun trying to kick the tail out on the bends. I do enjoy driving this, all you have to do is ignore the lap times. Drive like a madman, burn the tires, and the white Beemer can make your day of driving a fun one. It feels unrefined, but then again, Slump did do this on a short timetable, and even he didn't enjoy making this one. At the very least, it is a fun ride, but I do want to see a finished (and good) product next time, Dr. Slump.

Ridox's Chevy Camaro IROC: Ok, so this car was the slowest around the track, so does that mean it's the worst to drive? In one word, no. Why? Because this car is just like Dr. Slump's, a car not meant for lap times, but for smoking tires like you were possesed by Ken Block himself. Since this is one of the older concepts in here, it does not pack a lot of techno babble, so you get the classic "sledgehammer" handling that is standard issue in American Muscle Cars. Tailslide galore! Should you try to beat lap times with this, I must tell you that you will experience some oversteer, so be on the lookout for that rear end in corners. Not the most refined drive you can have in this event, but like Slump's and AC's rides, it's the perfect car to have a blast sliding around.

Line R32's Audi Pikes Peak: Oh dear, where do I start with this giant lump of steel? I simply was not able to enjoy the 3 test laps with this car. Not at all. Yes, it might have 4WD, but it also weighs as much as the Titanic. Same handling too, especially in the corners. Driving this around was like being in a large boat in the middle of a storm, it just weaves around left and right in a not very refined manner. Yes, I know it's a SUV and therefore I should know it's not supposed to handle like a Miura, but at the very least it should be a calm, relaxing ride. It ain't. And there's another problem. It's not the only SUV in this event. The worst part of that (for Line's car) is that the other SUV is so much better...

Trackripper's Mitsu HSR-II: Well, it's a surprise to see ripper's car so low on the pecking order. Ripper did say this car was a bit of a blind job, especially after his PS3 died on him. This here spaceship is peculiar, and I'm not just talking about the styling. For some reason, it just feels heavy to drive, but when you do a couple more laps, you get some fun out of it. I don't know, this car had potential, but the PS3 issues just killed that potential. But the F.I.T.T gods were kind to ripper, because in the end, the order is still the same. ACSR in front of trackripper. As for the car, sorry rip, but it ain't that fun or that fast as a car from you should be. Maybe you should've stuck with the Kusabi... This space pod is heavy, oversteery, and downright strange to drive.

ACSR's Lambo Miura P400: Ah, the shootout god is also out of the top 10!? Shocker! Ok, not really. You see, the Miura is just like Ridox's Camaro. It's overpowered against normal road cars, and underpowered against concepts. Knowing that he had lost the time battle, AC turned to what he knows best. And that is driving feel. In many ways, this feels like a normal Miura, but done with modern parts. AC likes to describe the car as a " a Lohan on a bender if and when you get it crossed up". Strange description, but I think I got the idea. This is classic late '60's supercar, bordering on danger every single corner you do. There is a fine line between no oversteer and "you're going to die" oversteer. Driving feel, see? It's not a nightmare to drive, it's just a car for those who like to taste the fiery flames of handling hell, and then coming back to tell us how they taste. It really is one the funniest cars of Group 2 to drive, and one that shows that even when he does slow cars, AC can still make them handle like a dream. Oh, and I still think those rims are horrid. And yes, it's a Miura, so if you ain't rich, don't tryin.

Motor City Hami's Honda NSX-R: An impressive feat from MCH. Tons of grip, and a pretty stable chassis make up for a smaller hp number than its rivals. It's also quite easy to drive for a MR car, making it perfect for rookies who have just started to drive this sort of cars. One of my favorite cars of group 2, right up there with AC's car. And that is quite the praise. Quick, nimble, and green. A very sharp NSX that will surprise you with its quiet poise and sharp steering. A very good car.

Theo's Infiniti FX45: Leave it to Theo to come up with those cars that are the laughing stock of GT5 and turn them into surprising cool cars. Yes, we're talking about one of the most hated cars of GT3 Concept, but here it is a car that you might actually want to drive to have a blast. It is much more fun to drive than Line's Audi, in the same manner a Toyota Tacoma is more fun to drive than a Chevy Silverado. The Infiniti has a much better chassis to work with than the heavy Audi, so Theo made a very sharp car for a SUV of all things. There is tons of grip, and you don't weave around like a boat. It is not a speed tool, but in terms of outright fun, it almost hits the sweet spot. With a SUV, you don't get much to work with, but Theo pulled off quite the upset. My hat is tipped off to you, sir.

Driver's Choice

Group 1

Diogo's Nissan GT-R Black Mask: 8\10
Praiano's Nissan GT-R Tokyo Concept: 9\10
NEWDRIVER's Honda HSC: 8\10
Trackripper's Mitsu HSR: 6\10
Ugabugaz's Citroen GT: 8\10
Onboy's Dodge Viper: 8\10
krenkme's Suzuki GSX-R/4: 10\10
Nomis's Suzuki GSX-R/4: 10\10

Group 2

Line R32's Audi Pikes Peak: 3\10
Motor City Hami's Honda NSX-R: 8\10
Ridox's Chevy Camaro: 7\10
Cykosis's BMW 1 Series: 4\10
Theo's Infiniti FX45: 7\10
Dr Slump's BMW 1 Series: 7\10
Harvey's Audi Nuvolari: 7\10
ACSR's Lambo Miura: 8\10

Round 2

1:Praiano's Nissan 1.16.661
2:Krenkme's Suzuki 1.17.740
3:ACSR's Lamborghini 1.17.784
4:Motor City Hami's Honda 1.17.952
5:Harvey's Audi 1.17.988
6:Ugabugaz's Citroen 1.18.355

Driver's Choice:

Praiano's Nissan: 8\10
Krenkme's Suzuki: 9\10
AC's Lambo: 9\10
Motor City Hami's Honda: 7\10
Harvey's Audi: 8\10
Ugabugaz's Citroen: 7\10

Last edited:
I love my own crap more than I do that thing. :lol:

I am amused and disturbed all at the same time. I guess that could bring new meaning to being a "brown-noser"? :scared:

Everything is updated to here, sorry for the delay. Still looking at groupings; for now it is making sense to me to have similar weight and drivetrain grouped together so that times will be clustered as much as possible...in theory. :embarrassed: Should have something worked up by tonight.

I am amused and disturbed all at the same time. I guess that could bring new meaning to being a "brown-noser"? :scared:

Everything is updated to here, sorry for the delay. Still looking at groupings; for now it is making sense to me to have similar weight and drivetrain grouped together so that times will be clustered as much as possible...in theory. :embarrassed: Should have something worked up by tonight.
Does that mean the Audi's get a class of their own since they're so heavy?:crazy::lol:

Okay, I'm settling with a supercharged Camaro IROC Z, hopefully the testers can tame the rear.
I have set the car to be the most neutral as I could, a bit of understeer to be expected in extreme speeds but the car should be very obedient on braking, and trail braking is this car forte, tune coming up soon once I further test the current settings.

It's kinda a long story, yet not. :lol: trackripper summed it up, to be honest. :lol: And it's only the R35, everything before that, I'm fine with, so don't be mistaken. :P
I always presumed it was because it doesn't require much skill to operate.
You know, like what's the purpose of having the car drive for you?

:mad: !!!! Are you saying that my beloved Audis are fa-.....yeah, they're fat. :D
I love my Audi's, would likely get one in real life if I could afford to, but yeah they definitely tend to be the "full figured" types and not the "Heroin Chic Supermodel".:lol:

It's a cup half full/half empty type of deal. One could say the more tuning a car requires the more screwed up it was to begin with,and appreciate the well engineered cars even more:)

I love my own crap more than I do that thing. :lol:

I feel the same way about my own crap vs. a lot of things too:idea:

XDesperado67
I love my Audi's, would likely get one in real life if I could afford to, but yeah they definitely tend to be the "full figured" types and not the "Heroin Chic Supermodel".:lol:

I'd sell you mine but my wife has been driving it the last few years. It has gotten scratched, dented, beat up....paint is peeling, couple small rust spots, tint on the windows is scratched, front bumper held on with tape after she nearly ripped it off in a parking lot, interior filled with food, junk and who knows what else...and still I love it. :D

The BMW however.... :banghead:

Anyway, back to my grouping. 💡

Eh, I forgot about that point…I only dislike it for being so easy to drive that it put me to sleep when I drove it. :lol: As well as being so ugly I nearly threw up seeing it. Among other reasons.

Niku Driver HC
Well, I'd figure it's better to set this up for now, so that I don't forget to do it later...

The Kinnikuman Cape Ring Power Board!

This is the standings of who's the faster around Cape Ring. My settings for testing are the following:

3 laps of testing. If one of those laps is a non-clean one (i.e. with a red time), it still counts as a lap, but if that time is the fastest, it won't count as the fastest lap posted, that honor will go to the fastest clean lap.

ABS:1

No other driving aids.

Manual transmission.

3:NEWDRIVER's Honda HSC 2.43.862

Sorry sir but my car is Acura not Honda is it make deferant ? :)
Thank you Sir

I'd sell you mine but my wife has been driving it the last few years. It has gotten scratched, dented, beat up....paint is peeling, couple small rust spots, tint on the windows is scratched, front bumper held on with tape after she nearly ripped it off in a parking lot, interior filled with food, junk and who knows what else...and still I love it. :D

The BMW however.... :banghead:

Anyway, back to my grouping. 💡
Audi's and Volvo's are great, especially if women and teenagers are going to be driving them at some point. Not only are they practical, safe and reliable but the right models are great drivers cars without being overpriced fashion accessories or weekend only toys.

Guess what…I've found a Viper GTS-R in my UCD lot today…funny, when I do want it, I just miss it and the UCD won't give it to me unless I cycled a ticket for two hours but when I don't need it…it's there, in exactly the specs I want it in. Low mileage, broken in. :grumpy:

I might use that one then, since breaking cars in is a bit too big a pain for me to care to do by myself. Does mean I have to run with another 100kg of fat though…ughh…dilemmas ftl.

Great choice of cars Onboy 👍. I always found the front felt "light", and an ever present undersreer. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :cheers:

Great choice of cars Onboy 👍. I always found the front felt "light", and an ever present undersreer. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :cheers:

Well, if you're looking for a dull, boring but competent Viper which has been said to drive like the godawful R35, then look elsewhere. :lol: It's not murderous now, but does have the tendency to let go at the most inappropriate of times. I like it like that though, stops people getting too comfy with it.

Back