Praiano's Tunes: Waiting for GT6 & FERRARI ENZO FXX.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7,373 comments
praiano63
If i change oil, power will increase and i will need more power limiter to go back to 550pp on this car.
Power limiter make a flat power band and it's good till a certain point .More or less ,generally 90% is OK. Depending of your car ,under this value begin to prejudicate your HP.
The problem is that more your power band is flat ,using power limiter, less HP available you will have.
For example for a given car that will shift at 8000 rpm and retake at 6000 rpm upper gear:Let's say that the car have a peak of 400HP at 7000 rpm
-with 100% power limiter you'll have 380HP at 6000rpm// 400HP at 7000rpm// 380HP at 8000rpm
-With 90% power limiter you'll have 395 HP from 6000 to 8000rpm.The power band will be flat all the way between 2 shift. That's good!!
-With 70% or 60% power limiter you'll have 370HP from 4000 rpm ( you'll never go so low) till 8000 RPM.

To resume:
More the car on the power graph have a peak of power like the Everest , more the power limiter to make the powerband flat is positive.

If the car , have a huge torque curve and a round powerband, then the use of the power limiter will not give any positive results.

This is how i see this , it's not big, but you can see the difference looking at your ghost.If it give me 1 second on a Nurburgring lap, I'm satisfy.
I Hope i was clear with my words... I have learned english by myself together with the Rolling Stones.... Not the best teachers,principally to talk about cars.:)👍

Have a good day.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°

I understood all of it. Thanks for your help once again! 👍

Hi pra! Can't match the transmission. Will you check the parts and tune, please?
This is ok for me here , parts/ ratios..... no problem.

PARTS: Chassis reinforcement // Weight reduction 3 // Window weight reduction // Engine 3 // Sport exhaust // Fully custom transmission // Clutch twin plates// Flywheel semi racing // LSD//Carbon drive shaft // Suspension fully custom.

1-Reset to default -final gear 3.460 (stock)
2- set top speed 260 kmh = 161 mph
3- Set the gears ratios
4- Final gear at 2.830 6- Done.

1 3.277
2 2.425
3 1.858
4 1.472
5 1.204
6 XX
7 XX
8 xx
Final Gear 2.830
Top speed (Up right) 295 kmh = 183 mph

This is ok for me here , parts/ ratios..... no problem.

PARTS: Chassis reinforcement // Weight reduction 3 // Window weight reduction // Engine 3 // Sport exhaust // Fully custom transmission // Clutch twin plates// Flywheel semi racing // LSD//Carbon drive shaft // Suspension fully custom.

1-Reset to default -final gear 3.460 (stock)
2- set top speed 260 kmh = 161 mph
3- Set the gears ratios
4- Final gear at 2.830 6- Done.

1 3.277
2 2.425
3 1.858
4 1.472
5 1.204
6 XX
7 XX
8 xx
Final Gear 2.830
Top speed (Up right) 295 kmh = 183 mph

Hmm, I don't know, something doesn't match. Finally, I made first two steps then I've split the gears with your method. I don't have the same values exactly but they are close, it seems to be good enough.

The car is great with your tune. Thank you! 👍 Another great car to drive even it is an old one. It's so shame the time is going on so, so fast, the years are just flying away...:(

P. S.: I've drove it with the H shifter too ;). Very enjoying. 👍

Last edited:
Hmm, I don't know, something doesn't match. Finally, I made first two steps then I've split the gears with your method. I don't have the same values exactly but they are close, it seems to be good enough.

The car is great with your tune. Thank you! 👍 Another great car to drive even it is an old one. It's so shame the time is going on so, so fast, the years are just flying away...:(

P. S.: I've drove it with the H shifter too ;). Very enjoying. 👍

Don't know, perhaps the oil change , you did the right thing, just use my method first post. 👍:)
This is a very nice car, really.

Enjoy your drive.

FORD GT (NO STRIPE) '05 // 550PP // SPORT SOFT TIRES.

Ford_GT_1.jpg

FORDgtNOstripe550s3.jpg

Enjoy your drive.

FORD GT (NO STRIPE) '05 // 550PP // SPORT SOFT TIRES.

Ford_GT_1.jpg

FORDgtNOstripe550s3.jpg

Enjoy your drive.

I'm gonna test this out later but i have a question why do people online always use NO STRIPE is there a difference between this and the normal one with stripes? is this version faster?

james6653
Standard I don't have one but I know people that do & it is way faster than one with the stripe.

Me too because in a straight line,this car got less wheelspin then the striped and pulls more

Hey my friend, hope you're doing well. I've got a quick question for you. Will do you get the lay out for your tunes or do you just make them yourself.

Hey my friend, hope you're doing well. I've got a quick question for you. Will do you get the lay out for your tunes or do you just make them yourself.

Hello my friend, i did them myself. Excel files. After , i copy and paste on a Paint ,then i save the Paint file in JPEG.
Easy and fun to do.:)👍

><(((((°>°°°°°

Hello my friend, i did them myself. Excel files. After , i copy and paste on a Paint ,then i save the Paint file in JPEG.
Easy and fun to do.:)👍

><(((((°>°°°°°

Thanks Praiano. They look awesome and I might try this myself as I'm thinking about opening up a tuning garage.

:nervous:after some days not looking into the thread I see some rally cars coming :nervous:
nice, nice, nice. I am sure the impreza croud will wow you soon :dopey:

have you thought of an own part on your start page?
like the touge, race cars etc. I think the rally cars are quite special and that could be worth it.
Just an idea.💡

however, I will enjoy the tunes here as much as I enjoy the game.
a thousand:tup:

Hallo Praiano,

most of my cars are running with your tunes. I love them 👍
But there is one car you don`t have a tune for: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
I`d would be brilliant if you could find some time to do a 550pp tune for the Ring.
You are doing a great job here. Hope you keep up the work. 👍

mp7
:nervous:after some days not looking into the thread I see some rally cars coming :nervous:
nice, nice, nice. I am sure the impreza croud will wow you soon :dopey:

have you thought of an own part on your start page?
like the touge, race cars etc. I think the rally cars are quite special and that could be worth it.
Just an idea.💡

however, I will enjoy the tunes here as much as I enjoy the game.
a thousand:tup:

Hello, yes i know , the first page need to be more organized, it's true. But i love to do tunes and i don't like to spend my time editing post.... I think i need help since a long time..... When i begin this garage , i didn't know it will be this size and so much people looking and using the tunes.
To much things. I think that starting again from zero with a partner that know how to manage all this would be the solution.:)👍

Hallo Praiano,

most of my cars are running with your tunes. I love them 👍
But there is one car you don`t have a tune for: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
I`d would be brilliant if you could find some time to do a 550pp tune for the Ring.
You are doing a great job here. Hope you keep up the work. 👍

I love the evo since GT1, the EVO III was my favorite at this time. I don't know why but in GT5 everytime i take one i have a bad feeling, they don't turn, they are slow.... poor grip.... or drive like a train.... Don't know why. Tell me a model then i'll test and check what i can do, but only if it can compete with the concurence same PP.

Have a good day.

EDIT: Nice avatar

Yes I feel the same, they don`t turn well. I tried to tune one myself, but I am useless at tuning cars. I would prefer if you could try one of the premium models, cause I like to run with cockpit view. Thanks.

don't worry too much about the layout and the look of your posts. It is easy to find the the cars and that is the main thing.
the essence of your fun is the tuning and that is what you should focus on! go on enjoying that and the thousands of people checking this post will do as well with your tunes!
if you really need a little help for the layout or so, don't hesitate to contact me. life is a give and take and maybe you should also enjoy the take part for a change ;-)

Hello praiano and followers. Im a big fan to your tunes and all my garage is tuned online using your tunes. Now im very much comcerned about update 2.09 did it change anything im terms of balance?
Should we worry or is it still the same?

Hey man! This two tunes seems to be identical...

FERRARI 458 ITALIA//550 PP//SPORT SOFT TIRES//ONLINE OK
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...10#post7573810

FERRARI 458 ITALIA '09 << SOFT SPORT TYRES// NO AERO PILOT VERSION>> //550PP // ONLINE OK
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...04#post5309804

👍

Yes, the second link whith the older date will be replace by a racing tires tune. The other new Sport soft is the new one. A mess...:sly: i know...:)

Yes I feel the same, they don`t turn well. I tried to tune one myself, but I am useless at tuning cars. I would prefer if you could try one of the premium models, cause I like to run with cockpit view. Thanks.

I did a quick test, the premium EVO TM edition is not too bad using Yaw control, but still slow and less grip than other medium 550PP ghost that i use as a rabbit.
Don't know why, they must be at least as fast as Impreza, like they were in the others olders games GT1,2,3,4. Perhaps Subaru pay more or mitsubishi pay less.????? We'll never know.:)

mp7
don't worry too much about the layout and the look of your posts. It is easy to find the the cars and that is the main thing.
the essence of your fun is the tuning and that is what you should focus on! go on enjoying that and the thousands of people checking this post will do as well with your tunes!
if you really need a little help for the layout or so, don't hesitate to contact me. life is a give and take and maybe you should also enjoy the take part for a change ;-)

Thank's for the help.

Hello praiano and followers. Im a big fan to your tunes and all my garage is tuned online using your tunes. Now im very much comcerned about update 2.09 did it change anything im terms of balance?
Should we worry or is it still the same?

I think that 80% of my tunes are still working well. Since 2.08 i don't use ride height difference to give rotation to the car and all the new tunes are OK.
I'm still tuning new cars and update some others, it will take time ... I have time anyway and i like to do this again and again if it need.
If anybody have one of my car in his garage that change a lot after update 2.09, please let me know. Like this i can check and correct it.

Have a good day.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I just have a curious question i have used your tunes for quite awhile now and everytime you post a tune you always end with this

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

What's it suppose to mean or is it just a trademark?

I just have a curious question i have used your tunes for quite awhile now and everytime you post a tune you always end with this

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

That's his fish trademark.

Praiano is in the fishing industry and loves the ocean and fish so uses that as his mark.👍👍

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Just a signature, i love fish !!!

EDIT: Thanks Xdesperado, that's it.

Please try to upgrade the
Bmw gtr and csl, one of your best tunes!!

I have 3 cars 500PP to publish and after this i'll look at the BMW's, they are the gems of any garage for sure:tup::).

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Back