◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
I would disagree. Having colors to recognize people is really helpful. We just need to encourage the new people to use custom colors more.

You disagree with my conclusion that because new members are not assigned them and they are no longer included in the Official Drivers List that Assigned color combos/numbers are a relic of bygone days?

I was just fishing to find out if that's true. It seems to be the case evidently but mayde I missed something :dunce:

I hope you come back Owens!!

Happy Thanksgiving All:dunce:

shockerturkey.jpg

You disagree with my conclusion that because new members are not assigned them and they are no longer included in the Official Drivers List that Assigned color combos/numbers are a relic of bygone days?

I was just fishing to find out if that's true. It seems to be the case evidently but mayde I missed something :dunce:

Ah, the colours were never included in the official drivers list.

Fair point. I have also been working on a visual color chart of assigned colors and just need to tidy it up and see if Tez would like to start using it.

I'm resigning from SNAIL gentlemen. It just not fun right now for me, the racing is way to tight for the strict boundary rules. I'm not into penalties. So to avoid anymore. I won't be on track. ;)

Enjoy

Edit. I should note the games update has ruined it for me. Combine the ridiculous push from the update and last weeks issues. It's just not something I'm into now. I honestly on the verge of quitting GT5 completely. Lack of another racing game is the hold up.
Yes it is sad. I do not race in the same division as you but the others seem to appreciate to race with you.

I understand your frustration to have to change your well anchored habits but what is the race otherwise to compose with the tools that we have and to pull the best possible.

After all, this game remains a simulation and which is the closest to reality? The old version or the new one? Who knows?

Developers doubtless have good reasons for having adjusted the physics of the game. Is not it for a long time the simulator the most exciting and the closest to the reality on the market? Many think so. For proof the GT Academy series which demonstrates how much a talented player to GT5 can transpose this talent in reality. For some with none or little experience of the reality.

Finally, it is the same parameters for all. You have to compose with as the others do and fit to continue to have fun from it and to share it the others which appreciate you. There are good reasons to have a break but don't give you this one.

Hoping to have other opportunities to run side by side with you.

I say that we start asking everyone to get a color combination just because it makes everyone unique. Now i know we've got a whole series for this but it would be nice to have a little bit for the regular league, we should have teams of two or three like every motorsport. I know there are some people that are lone wolf drivers but they wouldn't have to be on a team. Now i know this could take some time to create but, the idea of having teammate that i could have a discussion with about racing lines, braking points and different strategies for different races. This is just an idea don't forget

When does the OCD reset this week? Just asking because the Amuse S2000 R1 '04 is available now but won't be after reset.

Thanks for the reminder! The OCD resets tonight so I'm going to dupe my car and start sending them to the SNAIL_Divisional accounts. That way if we have any new members join after the reset, I can simply send them the car from one of those accounts.

On that note, it's theoretical that we could use this same tactic to allow OCD cars to be selected every week. Of course, if an OCD car was selected only a day or two before it was going to be reset, it would require that the vast majority of us buy the car right away. I'm not interested in allowing OCD cars to be picked every week if it means I'd have to spend time every night duping cars and sending them to SNAILs who didn't buy the car in time. Thoughts?

Thanks for the reminder! The OCD resets tonight so I'm going to dupe my car and start sending them to the SNAIL_Divisional accounts. That way if we have any new members join after the reset, I can simply send them the car from one of those accounts.

On that note, it's theoretical that we could use this same tactic to allow OCD cars to be selected every week. Of course, if an OCD car was selected only a day or two before it was going to be reset, it would require that the vast majority of us buy the car right away. I'm not interested in allowing OCD cars to be picked every week if it means I'd have to spend time every night duping cars and sending them to SNAILs who didn't buy the car in time. Thoughts?

I would say that if we did allow OCD every week that you should only help out S.N.A.I.L.s that join after the refresh. It would then be up to the community to help out the existing S.N.A.I.L.s. You do enough already:)

Sounds logistically challenging to say the least but some kind of procedure should be devised and a reasonable number of cars stockpiled for any OCD cars selected for just the situation we find ourselves in with this S2000.

I say that we start asking everyone to get a color combination just because it makes everyone unique. Now i know we've got a whole series for this but it would be nice to have a little bit for the regular league, we should have teams of two or three like every motorsport. I know there are some people that are lone wolf drivers but they wouldn't have to be on a team. Now i know this could take some time to create but, the idea of having teammate that i could have a discussion with about racing lines, braking points and different strategies for different races. This is just an idea don't forget

Thanks for your willingness to put your idea(s) out there. This league built on the principle of being open to any and all suggestions. 👍

If you want a team for Sunday night's racing, why don't you form one? There's nothing that says you can't do that right? Who knows, the idea just might catch on to others in the league.

Practice in D1 with Kuul

Kuulzone Racing! 💡

Thanks for your willingness to put your idea(s) out there. This league built on the principle of being open to any and all suggestions. 👍

If you want a team for Sunday night's racing, why don't you form one? There's nothing that says you can't do that right? Who knows, the idea just might catch on to others in the league.

Kuulzone Racing! 💡

It would be a good team

I think it has some 'for fun' merit to it. Say the top 4 'regulars' in D1 (show up 3+ times in last 4-5 weeks?), choose a partner for the unofficial team in D2, then the D2 guys pick D3, and so on. If folks wanted, they could have more than 1 member of a team in a division, etc.

Keep it optional, and lighthearted and it could be fun. "Hey, looks like Team Kuul edged out Team Otherguy at 16 podiums to 15 last weekend..."

/rambling over

I think it has some 'for fun' merit to it. Say the top 4 'regulars' in D1 (show up 3+ times in last 4-5 weeks?), choose a partner for the unofficial team in D2, then the D2 guys pick D3, and so on. If folks wanted, they could have more than 1 member of a team in a division, etc.

Keep it optional, and lighthearted and it could be fun. "Hey, looks like Team Kuul edged out Team Otherguy at 16 podiums to 15 last weekend..."

/rambling over

Or have the racers in D1 pick their team members for that month, so 5 per team

It's actually a pretty cool idea. I have pondered something similar but have the teams made up with a driver from each division. Each week, the total points from all 5 team members are combined for a side team championship. I understand the logistics and all but an expansion on Danger's idea...

NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR...... Why the hell was the Califonia's racing voted out???? MY FIRST EVER WIN ON DIVISION 3!!!!!! I'm so sad i'm gonna cryyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

I would say that if we did allow OCD every week that you should only help out S.N.A.I.L.s that join after the refresh. It would then be up to the community to help out the existing S.N.A.I.L.s. You do enough already:)

I like that idea. It would make this idea much more feasible.

Sounds logistically challenging to say the least but some kind of procedure should be devised and a reasonable number of cars stockpiled for any OCD cars selected for just the situation we find ourselves in with this S2000.

I think the only procedure we'd need is to have one member from each division volunteer to dupe the OCD car and send the copy to their divisional account. That way, each divisional account would have a copy of the car that I could then dupe myself and then send to any new member that joins after an OCD car is no longer available due to a refresh. Keep in mind, this is something that would only need to be done occasionally. Any volunteers? :D

I like that idea. It would make this idea much more feasible.

I think the only procedure we'd need is to have one member from each division volunteer to dupe the OCD car and send the copy to their divisional account. That way, each divisional account would have a copy of the car that I could then dupe myself and then send to any new member that joins after an OCD car is no longer available due to a refresh. Keep in mind, this is something that would only need to be done occasionally. Any volunteers? :D

I have most of the cars so i can do it for D2.👍:)

Latest Posts

Back