TURTLE RACING LEAGUE - ENDURO Racing Series - PRACTICE TONIGHT!

ok but for the enduro on friday i wont be able to attend the last round and for the mazda roadster tc i can change the color so it will be Green base with white strips and black wheels

7378158908_f219026f59_o.jpg
Turtle Racing League – ENDURO Racing Series​

Special Class Race: Vintage Car Race II 👍
Track: Nürburgring 24h - Time Change
Cars: Ford Mark IV Race Car '67, Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67, or Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66
Laps: 12
Tires: Open
Date: January 26, 2013
Special Prize: Nissan 370Z GT Academy Version '08 0/0/0

Lounge 1 - Race Results

1st Place: micantony (Fast Lap - 7:59.722 - Pole)
2nd Place: martin_ky (Fast Lap - 8:04.250) +10.413
3rd Place: TX_Executioner (Fast Lap - 8:10.222) +1:45.146
4th Place: Psycho-Tuber (Fast Lap - 8:16.850) +2:22.700
5th Place: DREX81 (Fast Lap - 8:13.252) +2:24.746
6th Place: FFK13 (Fast Lap - 8:16.597) +3:38.075

hazderjer - DNF
MWade93 - DNF

Lounge 2 - Race Results

1st Place: Friend29 (Fast lap - 8:20.095 - Pole)
2nd Place: mbobb1969 (Fast Lap - 8:25.753) +1:32.800
3rd Place: shred-tec (Fast Lap - 9:22.269) +1 lap
4th Place: jaydoc_and_meech (Fast Lap - 9:35.831) +1 lap

Spazmaticality - DNF

Race Recap

Lounge 1: micantony was the man! micantony ran a great race and had an astonishing 7:59.722 fast lap time. martin_ky was a very close 2nd Place and finished only 10.413 behind after almost 2 hours of racing. TX_Executioner finished in 3rd Place and was the fastest non Jaguar XJ13. The best battle of all was between Psycho-Tuber and DREX81. Psycho-Tuber drafted past DREX81 on the last straight on the last lap. DREX81 finished only 2.046 behind Psycho-Tuber. FFK13 rounded out the field for 6th Place.

Lounge 2: There wasn't much drama in Lounge 2. Friend29 ran a good race and got the win. mbobb1969 finished relatively close for such a long race. shred-tec and jaydoc_and_meech hung in there and showed the mental toughness you need to finish such a long race while gaining valuable experience on the "Ring". Congratulations to everyone that finished the race, great job!

Turtle Racing League - Simply the Best!

Great Photos Martin! Especially the drag racing one at night, past the grandstands!

Nice pictures as usual martin.

Good practice lastnight guys. We had a few small problems but overall it went very well.
Thanks to all who could make it.

Would the winners of the Eigor race please confirm which ticket they would like, either the 66 or 67 ticket please.
DIV. 1 Choate51
DIV. 2 Scarecrow937
DIV. 3 Infinital-NG
Thanks and congrats to all of you.

Sorry for double post.

Psycho/Mbobb: in lieu of the 370Z ticket (which i also won the only other time i won an event in turtle i think), do you have a '68 ticket? or a lvl 17 ticket?

if not, anyone who has one want to trade for my "Nissan 370Z GT Academy Version '08 0/0/0" for winning the vintage car race?

Hey guys! I know f1 is racing tonight, so I don't want to take away from their turnout, but I'm gonna be practicing tonight either in my lounge or the turtle town lounge for enduro if anyone wants to join. Send me a fr if we're not already and we'll try to run some tonight...

Hey guys! I know f1 is racing tonight, so I don't want to take away from their turnout, but I'm gonna be practicing tonight either in my lounge or the turtle town lounge for enduro if anyone wants to join. Send me a fr if we're not already and we'll try to run some tonight...

Why not join the F1 race?

10pm start time is too late for my schedule on a work night...I have to be at work at 6:45am during the week...

Psycho/Mbobb: in lieu of the 370Z ticket (which i also won the only other time i won an event in turtle i think), do you have a '68 ticket? or a lvl 17 ticket?

if not, anyone who has one want to trade for my "Nissan 370Z GT Academy Version '08 0/0/0" for winning the vintage car race?

I may have a lvl 17 mic let me look, and I will let you know.:)

Would the winners of the Eigor race please confirm which ticket they would like, either the 66 or 67 ticket please.
DIV. 1 Choate51
DIV. 2 Scarecrow937
DIV. 3 Infinital-NG
Thanks and congrats to all of you.

Sorry for double post.

Donate mine.

Pumped for tonights race. Will be using the wheel again (only way to get better). Been messing with it since last night so hopefully I got some of the kinks worked out of it :)

Pumped for tonights race. Will be using the wheel again (only way to get better). Been messing with it since last night so hopefully I got some of the kinks worked out of it :)

We ran a couple of practice races last night. It is an excellent combination! 👍

7473352274_3f88fa4b4c_o.jpg

Turtle Racing League - ENDURO Racing Series​

Race 25: Tokyo R246
Car: SLS AMG '10
Laps: 26
Tires: Racing Mediums
Date: February 2, 2013
Prize: Level 20 Ticket

The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports​
"It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free."

Rules

You are expected to follow The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports and adhere to the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules and exercise Good Racecraft at all times, especially in turn 1.

Policies

It is the policy of this league for you to hold your position in turn 1 and not try to improve it unless the following situations occur: 1) The driver directly in front of you is asleep on the start. 2) The driver directly in front of you runs off course with at least 2 wheels off the track. 3) Obvious race incidents that must be avoided. There is no sense in causing an incident in the congestion of the first turn. Furthermore, it is inappropriate to take advantage of other drivers doing their part to keep turn 1 incident free.

"Rubbin"

This is a non-contact sport. Let me put it another way, if you are "rubbin", you ain't racing in this league! We will not tolerate individual drivers taking the fun out of racing for everyone.

First Turn

You are not going to win the race on the 1st turn or the 1st lap. The 1st turn on this track is sharp, so be extra careful. You must hold your position through the 1st turn and make no attempt to advance it. Other drivers may draft past you before the approach to the turn because the straight is so long. Holding your position in the first turn is limited to the first turn on the first lap. In other words, if you are able to fully draft past someone without incident or disruption to the other driver(s) with a reasonable distance before approaching the first turn you may. This rule is in place for 2 reason: (1) to avoid incidents in the first turn, and (2) so that drivers doing their part to avoid incidents in the 1st turn of are not taken advantage of. However, if a complaint is filed, the decision we make will be one that promotes an incident free first turn.

Dive Bombing

Dive bombing is unacceptable, and only results in accidents. It is not the same as passing under braking. Dive-bombing is when a trailing car intentionally brakes late to dive underneath the car in front of them as they are turning into a corner. The trailing driver must move to the low groove for at least 3-4 seconds prior to corner entry, so that the leading driver can see the trailing drivers intentions in his mirror. However, running the low groove is not a guarantee that he will allow you to pass, it is only an indication that you wish to pass him on the low side.

Procedures

• Division 1 will race at 10pm Eastern in the TURTLE_Division1 lounge.

• Division 2 will race at 10pm Eastern in the TURTLE_Division2 lounge.

• Divisions 3/A will race at 10pm Eastern in the TURTLE_Division3 lounge.

Connection Issues

Please follow the procedures below to help minimize connection issues.

Step 1: Reboot your modem/router before entering the appropriate Turtle lobby
Step 2: Reboot your PS3 before entering the appropriate Turtle lobby
Step 3: Clear your GT5 in game System Cache before entering the appropriate Turtle lobby

Pit Stops

Drivers need to be very careful entering the race track when exiting the pit. Please look at your map to see if other drivers are near the pit exit. Drivers exiting the pit need to stay in the pit exit lane until the track is clear of cars on the track. Cars on the track have the right of way.

Penalties

The corner cutting penalty system works very well on this track so we shouldn't have any issues with corner cutting.

Quitting

Drivers are expected to finish races no matter what position they are in. Rage quitting is frowned upon! :grumpy:

Microphones

Although you are welcome to use microphones during the race, they should only be used to communicate your proximity to other drivers in order to avoid an incident. Otherwise, either mute them or make sure any background noise in non-existent.

Reminders

Be sure to break in your car. If you did not get a chance to break it in, you should at least change the oil.

Race Incidents

Legitimate complaints are encouraged, they insure a better racing environment for everyone. Complaints should be addressed by "Private Message" to the race steward of the race in which the incident occurred. Please include race number, lap number, and time of incident. A ruling will be announced after a video review by an independent steward.

Final Note

Race Clean and Have Fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
We would like to encourage everyone to read the drivers meeting guys. It always makes the race go alot smoother.
Thanks and good luck in tonights race.
See you on track.👍

Back