TURTLE RACING LEAGUE - ENDURO Racing Series - PRACTICE TONIGHT!

Hey everyone. Im going to practice for tonight and tomorrows races. I got to go see what we are using and then Ill enter the Turtle_Town lounge.

By the way, I don't think I'm worthy of Div 1 anymore :lol:

Division 1 from Eiger!

EigerNordwandShortTrack_1.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_2.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_3.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_4.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_5.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_6.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_7.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_8.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_9.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_10.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_11.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_12.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_13.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_14.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_15.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_16.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_17.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_18.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_19.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_20.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_21.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_22.jpg

I seen it in 2 this time, but wont spoil it for everyone else.
Thats great martin.
I bet that Turtle is really fast.

Last edited:
Even though I think I know what I'm looking for, I don't see it yet, :lol: !

I'm trying to psych myself up for "The Ring" and found some maps to keep close by and study. I think knowing names of the corners is going to help in the track memorization. I also did the seasonal last night and one of the A-Expert Races.

If anyone else would like a printable map with corner names and basic speed information, I've uploaded it to my photo host. I do not own them, I just found them online and thought they may be helpful!

And if I did ^that correct, we should see a preview to click to the full size image, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Got them now... It was not what I was originally trying to find. Do we have an "official" photographer for Division 3? Is that something I could do?

Got them now... It was not what I was originally trying to find. Do we have an "official" photographer for Division 3? Is that something I could do?

No, I dont think we have an official photographer for DIV.3.
Yes if you would like to do that it would be great.
Thanks jay*doc.👍

That map is nice. It makes some of the corners look quite tame :)

that whole section after the karussell to the long straight. if only it was that straight/smooth. LOL

7473352274_3f88fa4b4c_o.jpg

Turtle Racing League - Enduro Racing Series​

Special Class Race: Vintage Car Race II
Track: Nürburgring 24h - Time Change
Cars: Ford Mark IV Race Car '67, Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67, or Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66
Laps: 12
Tires: Open
Date: January 26, 2013
Special Prize: Nissan 370Z GT Academy Version '08 0/0/0

The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports​
"It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free."

Rules

You are expected to follow The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports and adhere to the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules and exercise Good Racecraft at all times, especially in turn 1.

Policies

It is the policy of this league for you to hold your position in turn 1 and not try to improve it unless the following situations occur: 1) The driver directly in front of you is asleep on the start. 2) The driver directly in front of you runs off course with at least 2 wheels off the track. 3) Obvious race incidents that must be avoided. There is no sense in causing an incident in the congestion of the first turn. Furthermore, it is inappropriate to take advantage of other drivers doing their part to keep turn 1 incident free.

"Rubbin"

This is a non-contact sport. Let me put it another way, if you are "rubbin", you ain't racing in this league! We will not tolerate individual drivers taking the fun out of racing for everyone.

First Turn

You are not going to win the race on the 1st turn or the 1st lap. The 1st turn on this track is sharp, so be extra careful. You must hold your position through the 1st turn and make no attempt to advance it. Other drivers may draft past you before the approach to the turn because the straight is so long. Holding your position in the first turn is limited to the first turn on the first lap. In other words, if you are able to fully draft past someone without incident or disruption to the other driver(s) with a reasonable distance before approaching the first turn you may. This rule is in place for 2 reason: (1) to avoid incidents in the first turn, and (2) so that drivers doing their part to avoid incidents in the 1st turn of are not taken advantage of. However, if a complaint is filed, the decision we make will be one that promotes an incident free first turn.

Dive Bombing

Dive bombing is unacceptable, and only results in accidents. It is not the same as passing under braking. Dive-bombing is when a trailing car intentionally brakes late to dive underneath the car in front of them as they are turning into a corner. The trailing driver must move to the low groove for at least 3-4 seconds prior to corner entry, so that the leading driver can see the trailing drivers intentions in his mirror. However, running the low groove is not a guarantee that he will allow you to pass, it is only an indication that you wish to pass him on the low side.

Procedures

• Divisions 1, 2, 3, and A will race together at 10pm Eastern in the TURTLE_Division1 lounge.

Connection Issues

Please follow the procedures below to help minimize connection issues.

Step 1: Reboot your modem/router before entering the appropriate Turtle lobby
Step 2: Reboot your PS3 before entering the appropriate Turtle lobby
Step 3: Clear your GT5 in game System Cache before entering the appropriate Turtle lobby

Pit Stops

Drivers need to be very careful entering the race track when exiting the pit. Please look at your map to see if other drivers are near the pit exit. Drivers exiting the pit need to stay in the pit exit lane until the track is clear of cars on the track. Cars on the track have the right of way.

Penalties

The corner cutting penalty system works very well on this track so we shouldn't have any issues with corner cutting.

Quitting

Drivers are expected to finish races no matter what position they are in. Rage quitting is frowned upon! :grumpy:

Microphones

Although you are welcome to use microphones during the race, they should only be used to communicate your proximity to other drivers in order to avoid an incident. Otherwise, either mute them or make sure any background noise in non-existent.

Reminders

Be sure to break in your car. If you did not get a chance to break it in, you should at least change the oil.

Race Incidents

Legitimate complaints are encouraged, they insure a better racing environment for everyone. Complaints should be addressed by "Private Message" to the race steward of the race in which the incident occurred. Please include race number, lap number, and time of incident. A ruling will be announced after a video review by an independent steward.

Final Note

Race Clean and Have Fun!

I can't race tonight due to a family gathering. Looking at the schedule, the next race is at Tokyo R246 with the Mercedes Benz SLS AMG, and chances are I won't race that one either. It's not because I have something on that day, but rather I'm taking a break from racing in the Enduro Series and FLEX. I know this is supposed to be a fun league, but my desire to win is too much. It's been like that since I was a kid; I had to be at the top, anything less is not acceptable. That, and my inconsistency among the consistent Division 1 drivers is taking a toll on me. So, I'm taking a break and probably won't be back until the Impreza TC race.

Good luck to everyone tonight and remember, seat belts save lives. So don't forget wear yours in tonight's race, it's going to be a ruff one.

I don't know what the results going to be since I don't know if the rooms split the divisions or what not but, if I do turn out to be the division winner I want to donate my prize back to the turtle since it's a car I already have. No sense in having doubles around when someone else could use it :).

In the mean time I'm going to try to take some pics and post them.

Man that was rough! Nurb is always a challenge for me! I think I did a 8.13 in the dark as well as daytime! That is what I'll be proud of! Great race everyone.

The beautiful Mercedes SLS is next!

It was a good race for me. Only had 1 major spin on lap 11. I turned an 8:04 in daylight and an 8:08 in the dark. Great win Mic.

I know I said it before, but in saying it again. This group is one great group of racers.

Last night everyone worked together like a well oiled machine, splitting rooms to keep connection issues down, researching a good start time for the race to mimic real life, a new way to qualify using a 1 lap no collision race, and a parade lap to bring everyone to the finish together.

Also, if it wasn't for the encouragement and advice from this group after Enduro Practice this week, I may have sat out entirely, as I thought the track had the best of me.

Slow and Steady, a few spins here and there, but I made it! Thanks everyone!

Back