Laguna Seca 200 Miles Companion & Competition

• Thread starter axletramp
  • 192 comments
Well, I came in 1st luckily. Got to the point in which the fuel gage was red.

Well done on your run. Do you have the PP level of your car and the tyres you used? Did the grid contain either the Corvette Z06 '04 or Camaro SS '10?

Well done on your run. Do you have the PP level of your car and the tyres you used? Did the grid contain either the Corvette Z06 '04 or Camaro SS '10?

I believe it was 531PP(due to an oil change at 144miles), Sports Hards, and both rabbits were in the race.

Also, my laps were all pretty much between 1:43 and 1:48. I unfortunately did not record my total time, nor do I remember it.

Sorry, I'm new to these race reports. I wasn't planning to really be quite as detailed as other posters though since it wasn't a super challenging car I was using.

Last edited:
"You ran an endurance race…
…in a DeLorean?!"

"Yes Marty, we can do it! We don't have the power or the PP level, but we can take on the rabbits using time travel. It's simple, we set the flux capacitor to 2 hours 35 minutes into the future, you hit exactly 88mph on the main straight and you can easily complete one lap for the win."

"Ah, I don't know Doc, this all sounds a little crazy. Shouldn't we set up the car just in case anything goes wrong?"

"It's OK Marty, I've already thought of that. This is what I've done to her. I've put on some sports suspension and lowered her and added a full transmission upgrade, setting the top speed to 129mph. I then dropped in a sports ECU and fitted a racing exhaust plus removed the catalytic converter just so that she didn't sound like a vacuum cleaner. I then put some ballast in for a 48/52 split, but bear-in-mind she does now weigh 1368Kg. Oh, and I upgraded the tyres to sports mediums as I'm not sure how the sports softs might wear during the time travel. I also took out that lame 1980s tape deck and dropped in an iPod doc!"

"What's an iPod doc, Doc?"

"Don't ask Marty, there's no time. To the DeLorean!"

"And why's our car an '04 when they stopped making them in 1982?"

"TO THE DELOREAN MARTY!!!"

Car: DMC DeLorean S2 '04
HP: 223
PP: 417
Weight: 1368Kg
Mods: Check with the Doc
Power Level: 100%
Tyres: SM
All aids off. ABS 1. DFGT wheel.

Grid #1:
1. GTO 5.7 Coupe '04
2. Mustang GT '05
3. Prowler '02
4. GNX '87
5. Challenger R/T '70
6. Mustang SVT Cobra R '00
7. Marty McFly
8. Camaro SS '10
9. Corvette Z06 (C5) '04
10. Corvette Z06 (C5) '00
11. Cuda 440 Six Pack '71
12. Camaro SS '69

Lap 1: Marty launches down the main straight and the SS '10 steams past him on the outside. He hits 88mph and… nothing! "Doc! Doc! Something's gone wrong!" "Great Scott! I'm sorry Marty, you're on your own now. Just you against the rabbits." He carries on accelerating and manages to out-brake the two Corvettes and run round the outside of the SS '10 to reclaim 7th (standard manoeuvre he learnt from axletramp). Very wobbly under braking, especially on cold tyres, so he quickly adds a bit of front bias on the McFly. He continues to tackle the field and end lap 1 in 2nd place -1.2 secs behind the leading GTO.

Laps 2 to 10: On lap 2 the Prowler takes up 2nd spot and as Marty drops into the mid 1:43s and starts to slowly open a gap of almost a second a lap. By staying consistently within half a second of his lap times he opens a gap of 10 seconds by lap 10 with the dangerous SS '10 and Z06 '04 still down in 4th and 5th respectively. Tyres are feeling good and being out front helps him protect them for later. For the record Doc notes that he's hitting about 110mph at the end of the main straight.

Laps 11 to 20: Still keeping smack in the middle of the 1:43s and by lap 15 Marty has a lead of about 11 seconds back to the Prowler. As expected the following pack has now bunched up behind the Prowler in the following order: Marty, Prowler, Challenger R/T, SS '10, Z06 '04, Z06 '00, and the rest. This gap remains constant now as he's running 1:44s dead (lap 16: 1:44.038, lap 17: 1:44.58, lap 18: 1:44.002, lap 19: 1:44.024, lap 20: 1:44.014 :D) and the pack are matching him. He laps the Cuda 440 on lap 19 and at the end of lap 20 is 15 seconds ahead with the chasing pack still in the same order.

Laps 21 to 30: More of the same for Marty but he'd like a bit more as he knows the SS '10 and Z06 '04 will beak through soon and start hitting the 1:41s. On lap 26 he's 25 seconds ahead but notices that the Challenger R/T has been taken by the SS '10 and the Z06 '04 meaning that he only has the Prowler as his last line of defence. He's now in the mid 1:44s and the pack are running a second a lap slower. And there it is, at the Corkscrew on lap 27 the SS '10 finally passes the Prowler… and Marty's last lap was a 1:45! :scared: He also has three backmarkers on his nose which is going to slow him down. He ends lap 30 now 22 seconds ahead of the chasing SS '10 and Z06 '04 who are running over a second a lap faster than him even though he's upped his pace back into the high 1:43s. Tyres look and feel OK so Doc aims for a one-stopper on lap 45.

Laps 31 to 45: The relentless chase continues and Marty continues to give up around a second a lap. All is under (reasonable) control until on lap 33 he encounters a group of four backmarkers and chases them up the hill to the Corkscrew. He makes a clean pass on the first one (double-lapping the Cuda 440) but the Cuda does the usual thing and decides that 2 goes into 1 and side swipes Marty onto the gravel. He pulls a full 360 and manages to bounce across the grass and rejoin the track after turn 9. "Doc! Doc! Did you see that!". The whole incident costs him around 10 seconds - seconds he badly needs. By lap 35 he's only 6.5 seconds ahead and lapping 3 seconds slower than the SS '10. Not good. On lap 36 the gap is 4 seconds and on lap 37 it's 2.5 seconds. If he can only hold them up until he pits on lap 45! Come on crazy 80s time machine car, hold it together!

On lap 38 Marty crosses the line just 1.4 seconds ahead and lapping the GTO. And here's where he gets completely mugged again. As usual he takes the outside line into turn 2, but that's not enough for the GTO who, although Marty's made the pass and is cautiously staying wide, still decides that's not good enough and taps Marty's rear quarter and sends him sliding down the pit lane backwards at over 100mph! The evidence which Doc passed to the stewards after the race:

Exhibit A: The Attack!

The end result - That's one hell of a lot of tyre smoke! Marty's tyre smoke!

As a consequence the SS '10 and Z06 '04 cruise past and he loses the chance to fight them and hold them up. Charming. :grumpy: They soon set about pulling away and by the time he pits on lap 45 for new SM tyres and 20 litres of fuel (the Doc said 22 litres but Marty knew better and wanted to minimise his pit time) he's 13 seconds down in 3rd. For the record his tyres were down to 67% front and rear but this car doesn't drive well on worn tyres.

Laps 46 to 50: Marty rejoins the race 44 seconds down but still in 3rd ahead of the Prowler and Challenger R/T. He gradually closes that down to 41 seconds by lap 50. He's just willing them to pit as late as possible so that he can close the gap and they have less time to chase him down later. He hits my fastest lap of 1:42.989 on lap 49 trying to push on.

Laps 51 to 60: Dammit! The SS '10 pits on lap 52 leaving Marty just 36 seconds behind the now leading Z06 '04. If only he hadn't been tagged by those two backmarkers he'd now be within striking distance of 1st place. The SS '69 pits on lap 54 as does the Prowler who rejoins just ahead of him, albeit a lap down. He must get ahead of him because that means the Prowler will be be on good tyres but between Marty and the chasing SS '10 and hopefully he can hold him up a bit. So he gets his head down and chases the Prowler hard, harassing him at every opportunity. He gets by him on the very next lap - phew!

The Z06 '04 pits on lap 56 just 30 seconds ahead of Marty and rejoins back in 3rd handing him the lead. By lap 60 he's only 8 seconds in the lead with the SS '10 and Z06 '04 nicely bunched up behind the Prowler, but all of them are matching Marty around the 1:44 mark. He's fully aware that he's in jeopardy should they get past any time soon.

Laps 61 to 70: And on lap 62 that's exactly what happens. By Lap 65 they're on him and all of us cross the line with only 2 seconds covering the top three. Marty's only mission here now is to keep these two behind him for as long as possible. At first this is quite comfortable. The only real sniff the SS '10 can get is the run to turn 5 and up the hill to the Corkscrew. By making sure he positions his car on the inside the Camaro doesn't go for it and Marty can open up lead at the end of the lap to keep him at bay. This works well and by lap 70 it's a bit of a stalemate even though their lap times are down in the mid 1:44s.

Laps 71 to 80: Then the inevitable happens on lap 71. Marty's slow out of turn 4 and the SS '10 gets a run on him. As they approach turn 5 Marty takes the defensive inside line and - yes you guessed it - the SS '10 decides he can drive through him and taps his rear quarter! The next evidence the Doc takes to the stewards after the race:

Exhibit B: Note Marty's track position and angle of the SS '10's front wheel. Hmm?

And the end result. We rest our case.

Unbelievable! That knocks Marty off the track and the SS '10 and Z06 '04 sail through leaving him 3rd. That's the second time he's been taken out (third time overall) and had the opportunity for a good scrap taken away. Really mad now! :mad: But all he can do is dust himself down and aim for a podium. On lap 73 he sees that the Z06 '04 has taken the lead from the SS '10, probably as a result of Marty holding them up and giving him the opportunity.

On lap 75 the Challenger R/T, who's been matching Marty for a while, grabs the opportunity to un-lap himself… and he drops to 4th…. wait! WHAT?! In all that fighting the Challenger R/T and Z06 '00 have crept up on him! OK, the race for the podium is really on here! By lap 80 he's only 4 seconds ahead of the 4th placed Challenger R/T with a yellow flash of a Corvette not far behind. Luckily he's been holding this gap for a while now and is quite comfortable on these tyres. Lap times are low 1:44s. Marty is now 47.5 seconds behind the leader and dropping 2 seconds a lap.

Laps 81 to 90: The Challenger R/T and Z06 '00 keep him very honest and the gap yo-yos from 4 to 6 seconds, but Marty's in control now and that podium is in sight. He crosses the line to finish 1:10.475 behind the leader in 3rd place but only 11 seconds ahead of the 4th placed Challenger R/T who's had a good run.

Finishing order:
1. Corvette Z06 (C5) '04 ………. 2:36:45.840 (F/L 1:40.423)
2. Camaro SS '10 04 …….....…. 2:36:57.918 (F/L 1:40.680)
3. Marty McFly ………............. 2:37:58.098 (F/L 1:42.989)
4. Challenger R/T '70 04 ………. 2:38:09.231 (F/L 1:43.040)
5. Corvette Z06 (C5) '00 ....…. 2:38:14.899 (F/L 1:42.383)
6. Prowler '02 ……….............. +1 lap (F/L 1:44.015)
7. Camaro SS '69 ……........…. +1 lap (F/L 1:43.541)
8. Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 …. +2 laps (F/L 1:44.952)
9. GTO 5.7 Coupe '04 ……...…. +2 laps (F/L 1:445.961)
10. GNX '87 ………................. +3 laps (F/L 1:46.499)
11. Mustang GT '05 ……......…. +3 laps (F/L 1:46.433)
12. Cuda 440 Six Pack '71 ……. +5 laps (F/L 1:49.129)

Conclusion
Well, the rabbits certainly turned up for this one. Once they were past Marty knew that the win had gone (he knew before that tbh), but at least the fight for third place proved fun. It actually turned out to be a very entertaining, much more satisfying than a walk-over victory. If Marty hadn't been maliciously taken out a few times then he could have made it more difficult for the rabbits, but even then he still wouldn't have won. It's a shame the SS '10 took him out and passed him the way he did as he could have held him and the Z06 '04 off for a few more laps at least and that tense battle was confined to the files of 'what could have been'.

The DeLorean is actually OK. Adjusting the ballast makes a huge difference to the understeering problems this car suffers from but she was always a bit squirmy and unsettled in the braking zones. Marty (and I) prefer cars to be completely planted as we hit the anchors and there was always a slight element of the unknown with this one, especially when wheel-to-wheel. But he managed to keep her consistent and the difference between a fast lap and an in-lap on worn SM tyres was only about 3 seconds - not bad really. Against another gird without any rabbits she would have won comfortably, but ultimately she just didn't have the grunt to take on the big boys and win.

Next up: A hoverboard at Grand Valley. :D

Last edited:

"TO THE DELOREAN MARTY!!!"
[/I]

Car: DMC DeLorean S2 '04
HP: 223
PP: 417
Weight: 1368Kg
Mods: Check with the Doc

Nice run Marty!

You might want to skip the hoverboard and use a train for your next run because there's no way that the 2010 Camaro would be able to knock Doc Brown's train off the Laguna Seca tracks!:D

Nice!
GTsail

Last edited:
Subaru BRZ S '12
PP409/406
Brand new, no mods, 100% stock with oil change
PL 100%
No aids except ABS 1
Sports soft tires

The grid:
1. Prowler '03
2. Mustang GT '05
3. Corvette Z06 '00
4. Dodge SRT4 '03
5. Camaro SS '00
6. Cuda 440 Six Pack '71
7. Dotini/BRZ S '12
8. Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi
9. Corvette Coupe '63
10. Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
11. Corvette Stingray Convertible '69
12.Camaro SS '69

Fastest lap 1:41.878
Total time 2:37:04.xxx
MoV exactly one lap over Corvette Convertible '69
Pit stops laps 30 and 60, although tires had 75% wear remaining

Notes:
Easy win with too much car. Will try this again with stock car with less PP, harder tires, or both.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

Last edited:
Nice easy run there. I notice how similar this run looks to your previous Toyota GT86 runs. Coincidence? ;)

Nice easy run there. I notice how similar this run looks to your previous Toyota GT86 runs. Coincidence? ;)

When I return to the game after a layoff, it's best if I take it easy then work towards a greater challenge. Soon I'll post some more challenging runs with the GT86/BRZ/FRS. These appear to be almost identical cars with only minor differences. The latest 2.09 update seems to have improved them even more from their already exalted status as yet another technologically gifted, standard-setting, bargain sports car from Japan. Who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth? :)

Respectfully,
Steve

Subaru BRZ S '12
PP 395
Stock, no oil, 7103.0 miles
HP 183
Weight 1230kg
PL 100 %
No aids except ABS 1
Sport soft tires used all laps, pitstop lap 45, 50% tire bar remaining
Total time: 2:37.18.416
Fastest lap 1:42.855 (lap 21)
MoV: ~1:46.xxx over Chrysler 300C

Lineup: (4th Laguna Seca lineup after an entry/exit at the PDC/Madrid event, A-spec Expert Hall.)
Prowler '02
Corvette GS '96
Mustang V8 GT Premium '07
Corvette ZR-1 '90
Superbird '70
Chrysler 300C '05
me
Camaro SS '00
Tempest LeMans GTO '64
Challenger R/T '70
Challenger SRT8 '08
Camaro Z28 Coupe '97

Notes: Too much car, but other than further wearing out the engine oil, there was nothing I could do about it. I will try this same BRZ with sports mediums and see how much closer it gets.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

Did you drop the P/L to 85% to achieve 395PP then?

I think Dotini's Subaru BRZ has dirty oil, so the PP value is down to 395.

I think he's been running up the miles on a second BRZ to see how low the PP will go!:sly:

Subaru BRZ S '12

Notes: Too much car, but other than further wearing out the engine oil, there was nothing I could do about it. I will try this same BRZ with sports mediums and see how much closer it gets....

If you can run laps on sport medium tires that are about one-second slower, you may have a whale of a race since you have just over 90 seconds to play with. Good luck if you try it!

Respectfully,
GTsail

Last edited:
Did you drop the P/L to 85% to achieve 395PP then?

No, it's 100% PL with dirty oil.

I think Dotini's Subaru BRZ has dirty oil, so the PP value is down to 395.

I think he's been running up the miles on a second BRZ to see how low the PP will go!:sly:

This is true! I actually have a number of these BRZ cars, one with old oil, another with weight reduction and NA engine improvements, another with rigidity improvement, another new and stock, etc, and an FRS for comparison.

If you can run laps on sport medium tires that are about one-second slower, you may have a whale of a race since you have just over 90 seconds to play with. Good luck if you try it!

Respectfully,
GTsail

Okay, I have 90-106 seconds to play with, but SM tires may cost 1.5 to 2 seconds a lap, or 135-180 seconds. So it looks a little iffy just now. I may go with my low miles BRZ with the SM tires, and see how it goes.

Respectfully,
Steve

Subaru BRZ S '12
PP 406
Stock, no oil, 817.5 miles, HP 198
PL 100 %
No aids except ABS 1
Sport medium tires used all laps, pitstop lap 45, 55% tire bar remaining on right front
Total time: 2:38.17.604
Fastest lap 1:43.196 (lap 16)
MoV: ~1:02.xxx over Chrysler 300C

Lineup: (4th Laguna Seca lineup after an entry/exit at the PDC/Madrid event, A-spec Expert Hall.)
Prowler '02
Corvette GS '96
Mustang V8 GT Premium '07
Corvette ZR-1 '90
Superbird '70
Chrysler 300C '05
me
Camaro SS '00
Tempest LeMans GTO '64
Challenger R/T '70
Challenger SRT8 '08
Camaro Z28 Coupe '97

On Lap 4 the 300C sets a first stint best time of 1:42.814 but his progress is halted behind the slower running Prowler and Corvette GS.

Lap 52, shortly after pitting from fourth place, the 300C runs in clean air and goes 1:42.484, lowering this to 1:41.563 on lap 56. But then he begins a long decline into the 44's by lap 72 and 45's by lap 82.

Once again, I have taken a cautious approach to the race, running a stock, low mileage BRZ with 406 PP. This of course leaves open the possibility of winning against this field with even lower PP. The key here is to get ahead of the Prowler at the beginning and build up enough lead that the 300C can't catch you after he breaks off from the pack on lap 47, pitting with shot rear tires and low fuel, and begins his run to the front.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

Last edited:
Ford RS200 '84
PP 430/423
Stock, with oil change, 38,965.2 miles
Sports Hard tires
PL 100 %
No aids except ABS 1
Pitstop lap 45, 75% tire bar remaining on RF
Total time: 2:38.01.109
Fastest lap 1:43.001
MoV: 2.970 seconds over Corvette Z06 '00 (Fastest lap 1:41.767)

Alternate lineup #6 (enter Classic Muscle Car Championship, Amateur Series, then 6th Laguna Seca 200 lineup)
Cougar XR-7 '67
Superbird '70
GNX '87
Mustang V-8 GT Coupe Premium '97
Corvette Z06 (C5) '00
GT 350R '65
Prowler '02
Challenger R/T '70
Corvette Coupe (C2) '63
Mustang GT '05
Charger 440 R/T '70

At the start, the Cougar raced off into the distance as I clawed through towards the front, leaving ugly black streaks on most of the corners. After a few laps, I was able to nab the lead and hold a small gap while the Cougar held up the faster Corvette. I pitted, mostly for fuel, on lap 45 with a 19 second lead. But then disaster struck as I entered the pits too fast and ground to a halt against the fence, forcing me to back up, and in my haste, strike the inner fence, and back up again! To compound the errors, my pit crew became flustered, overfilled the tank, and held me an extra 10 seconds before releasing me! Oh God, what a cock-up! In a fury, I left the pits over 20 seconds in arrears to the Corvette, and caught him just as he pitted on lap 56. Despite a couple of spins - the RS200 is a bit twitchy - I finally won with a tiny margin under 3 seconds.

The RS200 is a good choice for a stock car on hard tires, as the 4WD gets the power down off the corners quite nicely.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

Nice and close at the end there. And I know what you mean about the RS200's handling as it's one of those cars which I just can't get comfortable with. Were you being caught at the end or did you do the pursuing after your pit disaster?

Nice and close at the end there. And I know what you mean about the RS200's handling as it's one of those cars which I just can't get comfortable with. Were you being caught at the end or did you do the pursuing after your pit disaster?

I initially was in pursuit to atone for my faux pas in the pits. But after I almost caught up and the 'Vette pitted, I went into defensive mode. He was consistently gaining at least a second per lap during his short second stint. I can see now that the lineup with the Chrysler 300C might have been the easier race.

Even though the RS200 is challenging to drive due to marginal brakes, nervous short wheelbase and old-fashioned 5 speed gearbox, its race car pedigree gives it the upper hand in the race for performance points. A more reasonable choice for a pleasant drive on sports hard tires might be a tuned Evo II, or an Evo VIII on comfort softs. Eventually, I will run these more honestly normal cars because I like them. :)

Respectfully,
Steve

Last edited:
Car: Lotus Elise '96
PP: 373
Tyres: SS
Grid #13

Conclusion:
Still a touch too much car for the event but I did my darnedest to make it closer by having two massive brain fades which cost me about 30-40 seconds. I think you could still win this at 350-360PP in the Elise...

Upon discovering a new desirable AI lineup, I attempted a record-breaking run with the results posted below. In the end, I too had too much car, but since it was a black oil stock motor, PL limited to the max and ballasted to the max, there was no lower to go (in the 111S) than 362. I'm pretty sure that with this lineup and the required car (maybe the Lotus Elise Type 72), the record might be lowered in steps to around 350. Perhaps a more interesting and meaningful record is the one for Sports Hards, as the variables for car selection and tuning are greater.

Lotus Elise 111S '03
25,513.2 miles, black oil
PP 362
Sports soft tires

117 Hp, 994 kg (188 ballast @ -14)
PL 85.0%, No aids except ABS 1

Total time 2:39:52.078
MoV 29.245
Best Lap 1:43.754 (Lap 4, in tow)

Alternate GV Lineup #4 (After British Lightweights, Professional Series)
Camaro SS '69 (S. Ball)
Camaro SS '00 (O. Chang)
Mustang GT '05
Corvette Grand Sport '96
Mustang SVT Cobra R '00
Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71
Camaro Z28 Coupe '97
Cougar XR-7
Corvette Coupe '63
Tempest LeMans GTO '64
GTO 5.7 Coupe '04

Brief race description:
Without contact and with running neat, clean and tidy at all times
Dropped to 9th at start but climbed to 4th by lap 2
Gained lead by lap 7
Established small but growing gap
Pitted lap 45 with 75% tire bar remaining on rear tires, kept the lead in the pits
Gap widened when AI pitted beginning lap 51
Gap narrowed to ~half a minute by finish. The Camaro SS '69 and Corvette Grand Sport ran together the whole race, except when pitting, and were the class of the AI field. The Camaro Z28 '97 rose up to a solid 4th.

Finishing Order
1. Lotus Elise 111S '03 (1:43.754 best lap)
2. Camaro SS '69 (1:43.955 best lap) (Pits Lap 51)
3. Corvette Grand Sport '96 (1: 43.564 best lap)
4. Camaro Z28 Coupe '97 (1:43.222 best lap) <---Fastest lap of race
5. Camaro SS '00 (1:44.579)
6. Cougar XR-7 '67 (1:44.519)
7 Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 (1:45.141)
8. Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71 (1:45.437)
9. Tempest LeMans GTO '64 (1:46.058)
10. Mustang GT '05 (1:46.669)
11. GTO 5.7 Coupe '04 (1:46.043)
12. Corvette Coupe '63 (1:47.559)

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

Last edited:
Congratulations on such a low PP run. Hmm, that's a hard one to beat. 👍 I'll have to see if I have any high mileage Elises. ;)

Also congratulations on having the slowest win time to date! :D

UPDATE v2.10

I decided to conduct a test run to see if anything has changed since the latest v2.10 update and spotted a brand new unused Focus ST gathering dust in my garage.

Ford Focus ST '06
HP: 226
PP: 415
Weight: 1430Kg
Mods: Stock

I fancied a bit of a challenge as well so I went for grid #3 with one of the rabbits, the Z06 '04, sitting menacingly near the back of the grid.

Grid #3:
1. Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71
2. Chevelle SS 454 '70
3. GNX '87
4. Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88
5. Mustang SVT Cobra R '00
6. GT350R '65
7. Me
8. Corvette Coupe (C2) '63
9. Cuda 440 Six Pack '71
10. Prowler '02
11. Corvette Z06 (C5) '04
12. Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '90

Lap 1: Drop a place at the start due to a lousy gear change but make up two spots around the outside of turn 1. Make clean passes and finish lap -1 sec behind the leading Super Bee. The Z06 '04 is up to 8th.

Laps 2 to 10: Settle into the 1:43s with one freak lap on lap 4 where I hit a 1:41.527. This turns out to be my fastest lap of the race and also the one and only time I break into the 1:41s. :odd: End lap 5 with a comfortable 10 second lead over the Super Bee in 2nd and SS 454 in 3rd. Z06 still 9th. Turns 4 up to the Corkscrew are tough due to the stock gearing - the revs are all in the wrong place. I settle to change early and grind through it. Continue to pull consistent 1:42s against 1:45/1:46s of the chasing pack. End lap 10 +30 secs ahead of the Super Bee and (now) IROC in 3rd. Super Bee appears to be acting as a cork. The Z06 is up to 6th.

Laps 11 to 20: On lap 13 the IROC eventually passes the Super Bee. I'm still in the 1:42s and looking very comfortable already. On lap 15 the IROC starts to match me as my tyres have dropped me into the 1:43s but by now I'm 38 secs ahead. I also lap my first victim, the Cuda 440. At the end of lap 20 my lead to the IROC is 39 seconds but the Z06 is now up to 3rd, in clean air and 54 secs behind me.

Laps 21 to 30: By lap 22 I can see that I'm not going to get 45 laps out of these tyres, even though the rears are hardly touched. So I start planning a stop on lap 30 which, in theory, should be quicker now. I'm pulling mid 1:43s, as is the IROC, but the Z06 is catching at almost 2 seconds a lap. Hmm. By lap 26 I'm dropping the IROC slightly but the Z06 is right on him and now only 46 seconds behind me. I'm also suffering due to traffic which is thick at the moment. By the start of lap 30 I'm having to deal with heavy understeer but luckily the IROC is holding up the Z06. I end lap 30 still 46 seconds ahead and pit for new tyres (fronts 50%/rears 90%) and 15 litres of fuel.

Laps 31 to 45: My pit crew are mighty and I manage to leave the pits 23 seconds ahead of the battling IROC and Z06 (apart from the plucky Prowler, the rest of the pack are well out of it) but right behind a chain of five back-markers. I spend the next laps passing cars and keeping consistently and safely in the 1:43s, well aware that the chasing cars must be on worn tyres and pitting soon. It's looking more and more like the Z06 isn't going to pass the IROC until they pit. End lap 45 +59 seconds ahead.

Laps 46 to 50: On lap 47 the Z06 finally passes the IROC and starts to match me in the 1:44s - both of us on worn or wearing tyres. SS 454 pits first on lap 47 as does the Super Bee. I end lap 50 +1:02 ahead.

Laps 51 to 60: The Z06 keeps matching me in the 1:44/1:45s and the now very slow IROC pits on lap 52. The Cobra R, Buick GNX and Prowler pit on lap 53 as does the Z06, so I go +1 lap up, but still have to pit once again. The ZR-1 pits on lap 54 to go second to last. The Corvette '63 pits on lap 56 and the Shelby on lap 60. I take my scheduled stop on lap 60 for new tyres (fronts 50%/rears 90%) and the suggested 6 litres of fuel. I've lapped everyone up to the 4th placed Prowler.

Laps 61 to 70: I exit 1:21.562 ahead of the Z06 who's now pumping in the 1:40/1:41s on new tyres. I drop back into the 1:43s with the odd 1:42. The Cuda 440 finally pits on lap 67 - wow! I end lap 70 +58 seconds ahead (!) now having lapped everyone apart from the Z06 - that's how it goes in a rabbit race. ;)

Laps 71 to 80: More of the same as I run 1:43s against the Z06's 1:41s. I end lap 80 +47 seconds ahead of the determined Z06.

Laps 81 to 90: Just keep my head with no mistakes and I'll bring this one home. Tbh this car is so sorted in stock trim that spinning or losing it aren't even on my mind - if it wasn't for that damned gearbox! I start to drop into the 1:45s as my tyres go, well aware that the Z06 is still charging. By lap 88 my lead is down to +36 seconds ahead as the Z06 appears to have hit traffic.

I cross the line to win +29.536 seconds ahead of the Z06 and the lapped IROC. Finishing time was 2:26:57.266.

Finishing order:
1. Me &#8230;&#8230;................................&#8230;. 2:36:57.266 (F/L 1:41.529)
2. Corvette Z06 (C5) '04 &#8230;&#8230;........&#8230;. +29.536 seconds (F/L 1:40.409)
3. Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88 &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;. +1 lap (F/L 1:43.409)
4. Prowler '02 &#8230;&#8230;.......................&#8230;. +2 lap (F/L 1:43.425)
5. Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71.. +3 lap (F/L 1:43.721)
6. Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 &#8230;&#8230;....&#8230;. +3 lap (F/L 1:44.388)
7. GT350R '65 &#8230;&#8230;......................&#8230;. +3 lap (F/L 1:44.627)
8. Chevelle SS 454 '70 &#8230;&#8230;...........&#8230;. +4 lap (F/L 1:45.993)
9. GNX '87 &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;............................ +4 lap (F/L 1:46.533)
10. Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '90 &#8230;&#8230;......&#8230;. +4 lap (F/L 1:45.758)
11. Corvette Coupe (C2) '63 &#8230;....&#8230;&#8230;. +4 lap (F/L 1:47.514)
12. Cuda 440 Six Pack '71 &#8230;&#8230;......&#8230;. +6 lap (F/L 1:49.325)

Conclusion
Easy win which I was always in control of. My main battle was against the goddamn awful stock gear ratios which really don't suit this circuit at all - the drag up the hill towards the Corkscrew was painful at times! Even when the Corvette was taking two seconds a lap out of my lead during his predictable late charge (following my 2nd stop), I knew he couldn't catch me as, thanks to the Focus, I wasn't going to make any big mistakes. Once again two stops was faster here than one, especially in stock trim where the combination of 200+bhp, 1420Kg, FF, a 61/49 weight split and no TC meant I was never going to maintain decent tyre wear and grip for 45-odd laps - 30 was pushing it!

Tbh, I didn't really notice any difference post the new update and the opposition still behaved in the same manner as before.

Last edited:
More post v2.10 fun here with a surprising result! Following other threads I noticed that certain FR cars were getting favourable PP levels compared to previously, so I went for a suitably low PP car to test this out. I had a Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 sat in my garage with 387.1 miles on the clock and dirty oil leaving it at 354PP. I added my standard 80Kg ballast to balance things out and added a sports air filter to bring her conveniently back to 354PP. She already had sports suspension and a few trans updates installed from previous races, so I left them where they were. I then cycled through for a slower grid (confident, but not that confident ;)), and settle on this one below. Don't ask me to find it again though as the game had already been on so this wasn't from a reset.

Car: Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90
HP: 211
PP: 354
Weight: 1330Kg
Mods: Sports air filter, full trans, sports clutch, sports flywheel, carbon prop shaft, sports suspension.
Top Speed Setting: 149mph
Tyres: SS

Set Up
Brake Balance: 6/5
Weight Adjustment: Ballast 80Kg @ position -50 (52/48 split)

Grid:
1. Chrysler Prowler '02
2. Ford Taurus SHO '98
3. Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) '96
4. Dodge SRT4 '03
5. Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) '69
6. Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO '64
7. Me
8. Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88
9. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00
10. Chevrolet Camaro SS '00
11. Dodge Viper GTS '99
12. Ford Mustang GT '05

A quick look at this grid tells me that the Viper and Corvette '69 are the ones to watch. So trusting that I set this car up OK last time I drove her (whenever that was), off we go...

Basic details:
Lap 1: Swamped at the start but I slide around the outside of turn 1 and make up one place. Manage to pick my way back up the field and finish the lap 3 seconds down in 3rd. Cold tyres are very slippery.
Laps 2 to 10: Trying to hammer the laps in to make a gap as I'm planning a 2 stop strategy. Eventually reel-in the leading Corvette '69. Lap times in the mid 1:42s which is pretty good for this PP level. Straight line speed is respectable (110mph on main straight) and I've managed to get used to sliding the Mazda through bends rather than having tons of grip. Effective, but I hope the tyres last.
Laps 11 to 20: Manage to extend my lead at about 0.5 secs a lap. Tyres looking good for a stop on lap 30 with even wear.
Laps 21 to 30: Open a lead to the Corvette '69 of 30 seconds as his chase starts to fade. 30 seconds is a good target lead as it means I can get in-and-out the pits and hopefully stay in the lead therefore nullifying my extra pitstop. By lap 29 my tyres are worn to about 50% all-round but I'm still managing 1:43s and, more importantly, still edging away from 2nd place. This is a make-or-break decision: Do I pit now or do I try and push on for a 1 stop? I decide to see how far I can get and stay out as long as I'm still making ground on the Corvette '69. I can still make a stop near the end if I get into trouble.
Laps 31 to 37: Corvette starts to match me around lap 33 when I'm about 47 secs ahead. On lap 37 I have a sudden drop off in rear end grip and lose a few seconds, therefore the time has come to pit which will mean I'm back on a 2-stopper. I take on 15 litres of fuel and new tyres (30% front / 25% rear).
Laps 38 to 50: I re-enter the race 13 secs in the lead, back on slippery cold tyres. After a couple of laps the lap times start to drop and I'm hitting regular high 1:41s/low 1:42s. This car is just great at such a low PP! I run my fastest lap on lap 46 of 1:41.256 and I'm now running away from second place.
Laps 51 to 70: Corvette '69 finally pits on lap 52 and I sail through to lap him. Now I'm completely in control and decide to pit on lap 70 so that I can at least have fun at the end on good tyres. The Corvette '69 is about 20 seconds behind me (but lapped) and catches me at a second a lap and I can see him in my mirror as I dip into the pits to take new tyres and no fuel.
Laps 71 to 90: I exit the pits 1 minute 18 secs ahead as the Corvette un-laps himself, and right on the rear bumper of the 3rd place Viper. A-ha, some sport at last! He gets lapped within two laps. :indiff: The rest of the race plays out quite predictably but my lap times drop into the 1:43/1:44 zone as I start to cruise. My one and only mistake happens on the very last lap as I pull a full 360° spin getting the kink before Rahal Straight completely wrong for no apparent reason (this turn can be taken flat out and sideways in this Mazda).

Finishing time was 2:36:16.883 with a much more MOV of +1 min 22 secs to the Corvette (C3) '69. Fastest lap: 1:41.256 on lap 46.

Final Standings
Me &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;..&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;........................................ 2:36:16.883 (F/L 1:41.256)
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) '69 &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;. +1 min 22 secs (F/L 1:41.773)
Dodge Viper GTS '99 &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;....................&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;. +1 lap (F/L 1:41.430)
Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88 &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;..........&#8230;&#8230;.. +1 lap (F/L 1:42.910)
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00 &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;................&#8230;&#8230; +1 lap
Dodge SRT4 '03 &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;..................................&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; +2 lap
Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) '96 &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; +2 lap
Chrysler Prowler '02 &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;..............................&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; +2 lap
Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO '64 &#8230;&#8230;.........................&#8230; +4 lap
Chevrolet Camaro SS '00 &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;..................&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; +4 lap
Ford Mustang GT '05 &#8230;................................................ + 4 lap
Ford Taurus SHO '98 &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;................................&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230; +6 lap

Conclusion:
I think I might have found myself a little gem here, potentially on a par with an Elise for low PP fun. Disproportionately quick for such a low PP level, especially considering I beat a Corvette '69 and Viper by almost a lap. Also worth noting is that my finishing time would have beaten the Z06 '04 in my last run (Focus)! Kind of wish I hadn't added the sports air filter now but there's definitely the chance of a lower PP run here - so I haven't changed the oil just in case. ;)

Last edited:
Mazda Eunos Roaster (NA Special Package) '89

Enough Dead Space 3 for today, and I'll inject some fear and trembling into the Laguna Seca grid instead.
The grid recommended by Dotini should be a good one. I'll attempt it:

Camaro SS '69 (Mattei)
Camaro SS '00 (Blazquez)
Mustang GT '05
Corvette Grand Sport '96 (Pasanen)
Mustang SVT Cobra R '00
Camaro Z28 Coupe '97
Cougar XR-7
Corvette Coupe '63
Tempest LeMans GTO '64
GTO 5.7 Coupe '04

168 BHP (PL 100%)
1046 kg (Ballast 200)
347 PP

Sports soft
No aids except an ABS of "1"
Sony controller

It took a number of attempts and fiddling with upgrades and top speed until I was able to take the lead before the end of Lap 1. Admittedly by means fair and foul ...mainly the latter. I like to make a quick impression on the miserable souls, so as to make them despondent before we have really started.

From lap 6 I maintain a steady lead of between 2 - 5 seconds. Mattei - Pasanen - Blazquez.

Lap 15 I spin out - Corkscrew - and drop to 3rd spot. I regain 1st spot at the end of a very fast lap 17, 1:42.734.

Lap 27. 1:44.568 - Mattei +13.6 seconds. I lap two cars.

Lap 30. 1:44.9 - Mattei +17 secs.

Lap 38. Spin out - Corkscrew again - and lose 10 secs on that one.

Lap 44. 1:45.5 - Mattei +32 seconds. Tyres are past their prime, some of the recent laps have been sorta dubious, and I decide to pit at the end of lap 45.

Lap 45. New tyres, 7 liters of fuel into the tank. I exit the pit lane a few seconds in front.

Lap 50. Mattei pits, Pasanen now in second.

Lap 57. 1:42.454 - Best Lap of the race. Mattei second again +1:17.

Laps 60-66 I experiment with cockpit view ...and Mattei pulls back almost 20 seconds. Back to bumper view.

Lap 75. 1:44.1 - Mattei +1:12.

Laps 80-87 a few experiments: cornering, braking and such. Lap times suffer accordingly.

Laps 88-90 are more sensible in the 1:45's.

Lap 90. I win by more than a minute.

Total time: 2:39:11.676
Best lap: 1:42.454

"Without contact and with running neat, clean and tidy at all times" ...haha ..oh dear. Not.

There should be room for a lower PP.

Last edited:
Nice run. Well done that man! 👍

So this means I'll have to have another run to see if I can get a lower PP. Tempting just to dig out the old trusty RX-7 '90 again, but I've run that twice in a row now and it might be fun to see if something else could go that well at such a low level.

We shall see... ;)

Nice run. Well done that man! 👍

So this means I'll have to have another run to see if I can get a lower PP. Tempting just to dig out the old trusty RX-7 '90 again, but I've run that twice in a row now and it might be fun to see if something else could go that well at such a low level.

We shall see... ;)

heh-heh.

But I doubt I can copy Dotini's clean run :(

Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special package) '89

What with the recent advantage given the FR cars I thought I had better have another go at it, before the real experts ruin my one moment of glory.

Camaro SS '69 (Griffin)
Camaro SS '00 (Blanco)
Mustang GT '05
Corvette Grand Sport '96 (Palacios)
Mustang SVT Cobra R '00
Camaro Z28 Coupe '97 (Olah)
Cougar XR-7
Corvette Coupe '63
Tempest LeMans GTO '64
GTO 5.7 Coupe '04

149 BHP (No Turbo, PL 99.6%)
1046 kg (Ballast 200)
332 PP

Sports soft
Sony controller

I first fiddled with the suspension ...and largely ended where I had begun.

Lap 1. 1:49.431 - By a lot of irregularities, luck and restarts I end up on 1st spot.

Lap 2. 1:44.922

Lap 3. 1:45.022 - Then Griffen - Blanco - Palacios.

Laps 4 - 11. 1:45's and lower 1:46's.

Lap 12. 1:44.435 - new best lap

Laps 13 - 16. Low to mid 1:45's. Griffin - Palacios - Blanco.

Laps 20 - 28. Interrupted by laundry, lunch and mother demanding attention. Lap times accordingly increase to 1:46+. Palacios - Griffin - Blanco. Twice I drop to 2nd spot but manage to regain top spot within a lap or two.

Lap 29. The first small signs of a possible developing gap down to Palacios who is opening a larger gap to Griffin.

lap 30. 1:45.0

Lap 31. 1:45.8 - Palacios +4 seconds.

Lap 33. 1:44.400 - New Best lap. I lap the first car, am towed by another to the fast lap then I lap him too.

Lap 37. 1:46.0 - The gap to Palacios grows but slowly, erw. +5.6 secs.

Lap 41. 1:47.8 - Tyres now degrading and Palacios edging closer again. +3 secs.

Lap 46. Palacios is up close and I pit.

Lap 47. New tyres, no extra fuel. I exit pit lane on 4th spot trailing Palacios by 25 seconds at the 1st checkpoint. Palacios - Griffin - Olah - me.

Lap 49. 1:44.6. +22 secs.

Lap 50. Back on 2nd spot, Griffin pits.

Lap 51. 1:45.2. +18 secs.

Lap 52. 1:46.4. +16.2 secs.

Lap 53. 1:45.6. +13.8 secs.

Lap 54. Palacios pits at end of lap and I am back on 1st spot.

Lap 55. 1:44.4 - Palacios +50 seconds - Griffin - Olah.

Lap 60. 1:44.179 - New Best Lap. Palacios +41 secs - Griffin - Olah.

Lap 61. 1:44.165 - New Best Lap. Palacios +42.6 secs.

Lap 64. 1:43.689 - New Best Lap. Palacios +40.5 secs.

Lap 66. 1:52.3 - I clip a barrier. Luckily, noone saw it.

Lap 70. 1:45.4 - Palacios +23 secs.

Lap 71. 1:45.2 - Palacios +25.2 secs.

Lap 75. 1:46.2 - Palacios +14.2 secs.

Lap 80. 1:44.8 - Palacios +12.3 secs. A string of acceptable laps has stabilized the situation somewhat.

Lap 85. 1:47.5 - Palacios + 9 secs.

Lap 86. 1:46.6 - Palacios +8.1 secs.

Lap 87. 1:46.6 (again) - Palacios +6.3 secs.

Lap 88. 1:46.4 - Palacios +6.6 secs. At this point my lap times are remarkably similar as I am pushing as hard as I dare.

Lap 89. 1:47.0 - Palacios +5.8 secs and it becomes obvious he has no more to give.

Lap 90. I win by 5.4 seconds.

Total Time 2:40:04.356

Best lap 1:43.689

Last edited:
Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special package) '89
149 BHP (No Turbo, PL 99.6%)
1046 kg (Ballast 200)
332 PP
Sports soft

Lap 90. I win by 5.4 seconds.

Total Time 2:40:04.356

Best lap 1:43.689

Very nice race von Stiefel, well done!

It sounds like the Corvette Grand Sport was closing fast over the last twenty laps.:nervous:

Mazda Eunos Roaster (NA Special Package) '89

Sport Soft Tire Leaderboard- Ranked by PPV
332PP - Mazda Eunos Roaster (NA Special Package) '89 - von Stiefel•
347PP - Mazda Eunos Roaster (NA Special Package) '89 - von Stiefel•

I notice that both you and axletramp now call the Mazda a "Roaster", is this due to cockpit temperature or from smoking the competition?:D

Respectfully,
GTsail

Ah, yes. I see you noticed this week's deliberate error just to make sure everyone is reading all the updates properly. :indiff:

;)

Very nice race von Stiefel, well done!

It sounds like the Corvette Grand Sport was closing fast over the last twenty laps.:nervous:

I notice that both you and axletramp now call the Mazda a "Roaster", is this due to cockpit temperature or from smoking the competition?:D

Respectfully,
GTsail

Thanks! The Corvette was becoming a nuisance, and seemed quite a bit stronger than in the first race. I was glancing nervously at the mirror by the end ...one misstep, and he would be right up with me.

"Roaster" haha ...I'll let it stand.

Last night I decided to give one of the post V2.10 update advantaged cars a try, so I find my RUF 3400S and give it an updated tune. After some minor wrenching my RUF 3400S '00 has the following spec's:

Horsepower: 260
Weight: 1350kg (added 50kg of ballast)
PPvalue: 398
P.Limiter: 85%
Tires: SH (used throughout the race)
Acquired: 7/23/2011
Wins: 4
Mileage: 2,377.6
No skid

I decide to try my luck against the Alternative lineup # 4:
------------------------------------------
1) Chevy Camaro SS '69
2) Chevy Camaro SS '00
3) Ford Mustang GT '05
4) Corvette Grand Sport C4
5) Mustang SVT Cobra R
6) Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi
7) GTsail in the RUF
8) Camaro Z28 Coupe '97
9) Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67
10) Corvette Coupe C2 '63
11) Tempest Le Mans GTO '64
12) Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe

The flag drops and we're off for another Laguna Seca run!

During lap # 1, I drive thru the field and end the lap in 3rd place some 4.1 seconds behind the race leading Camaro SS '69 after a 1.52.499 lap.

During lap # 2, I catch and pass the 2nd place Camaro SS '00.

By the end of lap # 3, I'm only 1 second behind the race leading Camaro SS '69 after a 1.43.101 lap.

During lap # 4, I catch and pass the race leader and begin to run some fast laps.

On lap # 5, I set an early lap record of 1.42.960 and see that I have a 3 second lead over the Camaro SS '69.

After 10 laps, I have a 13 second lead over the 2nd place Camaro SS '69 after a lap record of 1.41.329. I'm afraid that I have too much car.:guilty::(

On lap # 19, I catch and lap the 12th place Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe and the 11th place Corvette Coupe C2 '63.

After 20 laps, I have a 31 second lead over the 2nd place Camaro SS '69, so I know that the race is won.

After 30 laps, I have a 57 second lead over the 2nd place Camaro SS '69 as I continue to pull away.

On lap # 35, I catch and lap the 4th place Corvette Grand Sport C4.

After 40 laps, I have a 1 minute and 34 second lead over the 2nd place Camaro SS '69.

On lap # 42, I catch and lap the 2nd place Chevy Camaro SS '69.

After 45 laps, I check my tires and see that they are still decent with about 30% of their tire life gone, so I decide to drive to lap # 50 before taking my first pit-stop.

At the end of lap # 50, I dive into the pits for a new set of SH tires and 34 liters of fuel.

When I exit the pits and begin lap # 51, I see that I still have a 1 lap lead, so the 2nd place Camaro SS '69 followed me into the pits and lost his 2nd place position to the Chevy Camaro SS '00, who hasn't pitted yet. The Chevy Camaro Z28 Coupe '97 climbs up into 3rd place since he hasn't pitted either. My lead is now about 30 seconds plus 1 lap.

The 2nd place Chevy Camaro SS '00 pits at the end of lap # 55, which allows the Chevy Camro SS '69 to re-claim 2nd place. After 55 laps, I see that I have a 1 minute and 1 lap lead since I have continued to pull away from the field with ease.

After 65 laps, I see that I have a 1 minute and 30 second, and 1 lap lead over the 2nd place Chevy Camaro SS '69.

On lap # 70, I catch and lap the 2nd place Camaro SS '69 and put him 2 laps down. My RUF is just way too strong! The Camaro Z28 Coupe is in 3rd place, about 30 seconds further back.

I just cruise for the next 20 laps and take an easy win after 90 un-eventful laps.

Race time: 2 hours, 37 mins, 30.800 sec's

Finishing order:
---------------
1) RUF 3400S
2) Camaro SS '69 ------ 2 laps down
3) Camaro Z28 Coupe -- 2 laps down
4) Corvette Grand Spt -- 2 laps down
5) Camaro SS '00 ------- 2 laps down
6) Cougar XR-7 --------- 2 laps down
7) Mustang SVT Cobra -- 2 laps down
8) Charger SuperBee ---- 3 laps down
9) Tempest LeMans ----- 3 laps down
10) Mustang GT '05 ----- 3 laps down
11) Pontiac GTO 5.7 ---- 4 laps down
12) Corvette C2 '63 ----- 4 laps down

Post race notes:
---------------
A ridiculously easy race! The RUF has been PP advantaged to a ridiculous amount. I already had the RUF with the P.Limiter at 85%, so this can't go any lower. Extra ballast could be added but the RUF would still smash the field. My previous best SH tire run had a PP value of 422 (per axletramp's leaderboard), which has now been shamed by this run with the PP advantaged RUF.

Respectfully,
GTsail

Last edited:
Yep, it's all a bit crazy with the PP levels for certain cars these days. There looks like a possible update in the near future which might sort this out, but for now it makes for some incredibly low level runs.

Back