◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments

Welcome to SNAIL’s newest Monday Mayhem event!
Wankel Night

This is something Wolfsatz and I have been working on for a little while. Our plan is to have a casual, well organized event highlighting a particular car. Think of it as a celebration of that car’s history. We will release a full schedule soon but plan on this being a weekly or bi-weekly event.

Here’s the run down:
On scheduled Mondays, we pick a car to drive, for the next event on 02/11 Wankel Engines, and we will drive several of its variations and generations. We will have 3 races on 3 different tracks with 3 different cars and finish off with a cruise and photo shoot. Each race will have a 10 minute qualifying session just like our normal Sunday night races. The races will be run with boost on the low setting to promote a less serious SNAIL event with closer racing. We have discussed different prizes for the racing but haven't come to a conclusion yet; don't worry, our intention is to give prizes out. If people don't have a certain car, they are more than welcome to use a comparable car with the same PP; I'm not picky as long as everyone is having fun. Our cruise would take place on a custom Toscana track. At the end of the cruise, we would line everyone up so we could get a picture of everyone’s favorite Wankel.

Next event will take place this coming Monday (02/11/2013) and will feature Wankel Engines. These are abundant in the UCD and NCD. Here is the plan for the night of 02/11

Race 1 – Tsukuba Circuit
Vehicle - Wankels 1990 and older - Tuned
PP Limit - 360
Tire - Sports Hard

Race 2 - Nurburing GP/F
Vehicle - Any Year Wankel Engine - Tuned
PP Limit – 465
Tire - Sports Medium

Race 3 – Suzuka Circuit
Vehicle - Wankel Race Engines - Untuned
PP Limit - 580
Tire - Racing Hards

30 Minute Cruise / Photo Shoot
Pick your favorite Wankel (Any tuning, Any generation)
Typical cruise rules

What is a Wankel you ask? RX-7s, RX-8s and Mazda Cosmo Sports have Wankel Engines.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. It would also help us immensely if everyone could give me an idea if they would or wouldn’t be interested in this event.

I also forgot to mention, for race 1 and 2, we are allowing tuning. This means do whatever you want to the car. My recomendation is to use "bolt on" parts and purchase a Fixed Sports suspension. Since we are using boost, the field will end up close even if someone slaves over their setup; it's not worth the effort. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can't use the fully customizable kit or adjust the gearing, just remember this is a CASUAL event. Hopefully this makes a little more sense.

Prizes will be awarded for the driver that qualifies first for each race. The prize winners will be given a choice of a paint chip from our list. The list will be posted soon but there are several Color Shift, Matte, and Chrome chips to choose from. Also if the winner has a specific chip in mind that we don't have, I will do my best to get one.

Prize List

Mazda_RX8_40th_Anniversary_1.jpg

Those numbers have always been pretty iffy. I'll help validate cars based on the highest number that I have…pool a few people's numbers and we should manage to find a good one to go off of.

A similar thing has had to be done in SCT. There is a cap of limiting to 90% of full engine power. I am consistently seeing cars in there that I could not get in due by limiting because my cars are well-kept. People running around with the oil light on because it lowers the PP are, in my mind, not "participating by the expected standards of self-governance and good conduct." ;)
Agreed about the site. It is someplace to look if you are unsure. My goal is for us to create a definitive list.

With that I wold like to formally announce that the S.N.A.I.L. PP Cap Series now has dedicated thread

S.N.A.I.L. PP Cap Series

Our first night will be Monday the 18th. The night of future events will vary based on open evenings and peoples preference.

Please post in that thread if you would like to partake in the festivities.

There is also a list of postions that we could use help with. One of them is PP Validation. Shall I put you down for that Ap;)

Hey guys, sorry I won't be able to join you tonight.

I'll catch up with you at practice this week, or maybe at Monday Mayhem (if I can figure out how to get my hands on some early wankel cars)

I would like to join in S.N.A.I.L spec racing.

Thank you for your consideration.
Hey Alberio34,

Thanks for your interest! If you get a time trial in to kcheeb soon we might be able to get you racing tonight. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Welcome to SNAIL’s newest Monday Mayhem event!
Wankel Night

This is something Wolfsatz and I have been working on for a little while. Our plan is to have a casual, well organized event highlighting a particular car. Think of it as a celebration of that car’s history. We will release a full schedule soon but plan on this being a weekly or bi-weekly event.

Here’s the run down:
On scheduled Mondays, we pick a car to drive, for the next event on 02/11 Wankel Engines, and we will drive several of its variations and generations. We will have 3 races on 3 different tracks with 3 different cars and finish off with a cruise and photo shoot. Each race will have a 10 minute qualifying session just like our normal Sunday night races. The races will be run with boost on the low setting to promote a less serious SNAIL event with closer racing. We have discussed different prizes for the racing but haven't come to a conclusion yet; don't worry, our intention is to give prizes out. If people don't have a certain car, they are more than welcome to use a comparable car with the same PP; I'm not picky as long as everyone is having fun. Our cruise would take place on a custom Toscana track. At the end of the cruise, we would line everyone up so we could get a picture of everyone’s favorite Wankel.

Next event will take place this coming Monday (02/11/2013) and will feature Wankel Engines. These are abundant in the UCD and NCD. Here is the plan for the night of 02/11

Race 1 – Tsukuba Circuit
Vehicle - Wankels 1990 and older - Tuned
PP Limit - 360
Tire - Sports Hard

Race 2 - Nurburing GP/F
Vehicle - Any Year Wankel Engine - Tuned
PP Limit – 465
Tire - Sports Medium

Race 3 – Suzuka Circuit
Vehicle - Wankel Race Engines - Untuned
PP Limit - 580
Tire - Racing Hards

30 Minute Cruise / Photo Shoot
Pick your favorite Wankel (Any tuning, Any generation)
Typical cruise rules

What is a Wankel you ask? RX-7s, RX-8s and Mazda Cosmo Sports have Wankel Engines.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. It would also help us immensely if everyone could give me an idea if they would or wouldn’t be interested in this event.

I also forgot to mention, for race 1 and 2, we are allowing tuning. This means do whatever you want to the car. My recomendation is to use "bolt on" parts and purchase a Fixed Sports suspension. Since we are using boost, the field will end up close even if someone slaves over their setup; it's not worth the effort. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can't use the fully customizable kit or adjust the gearing, just remember this is a CASUAL event. Hopefully this makes a little more sense.

Prizes will be awarded for the driver that qualifies first for each race. The prize winners will be given a choice of a paint chip from our list. The list will be posted soon but there are several Color Shift, Matte, and Chrome chips to choose from. Also if the winner has a specific chip in mind that we don't have, I will do my best to get one.

Prize List

Mazda_RX8_40th_Anniversary_1.jpg
I hope to be able to join in for some of this. I will be on call so might not make all of it but will do my best to be there.

And great picture:)

I'll catch up with you at practice this week, or maybe at Monday Mayhem (if I can figure out how to get my hands on some early wankel cars)

There's one in the new car dealership. In fact we raced it here a month or so ago. Make some time for it if you can, it should be a good time.

I can send you a Cosmo or RX-7 '85 .. Which do you prefer?

Well race in D2, so send FR if you don't have it in your friend list.

I should be there tomorrow for drifting. So long as everyone comes through and my PS3 makes it home with the GT5 disc.

N.B. If you were promoted or relegated and don't have access to the lounge you're assigned to for the February season, please send a PSN Friend Request to the appropriate SNAIL_DivisionX account. If for some reason your Friend Request is not accepted later today, let us know asap!

Everyone who got promoted or relegated should now have access to their new division. 👍

If that's not the case, speak up now!!

Back