FITT Nurburgring Nordschleife Shootout v2.0

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 777 comments
3. [CyKosis1973] Pontiac Solstice Concept '02: 7:45.463

7. 7:41.757 - CyKosis1973 - Pontiac Solstice Concept

Cykosis Solstice 08:26.211

7:33.229 - CyKosis1973 / CyKosis1973 - Pontiac Solstice Concept

7:29.222 - CyKosis1973 / CyKosis1973 - Pontiac Solstice Concept

Some cracking times there, gents, considering what I made you drive. I think I might have broken morfastmadboy, sorry brah :ouch:

I would like to say that, some of the cars were a pleasant surprise. Some that I didn't expect to like before I drove them, I found myself enjoying a lot. It exposed me to some cars that I might not have driven otherwise.

That's the beauty of these event, people will dig up the most bizzare cars that you'd never think of trying. And quite often the cars are great to drive too 👍

You missed iainoflo85 and mike_gt3's times in your quotes. ;)

Honestly, I would have never driven that weird looking Solstice if it wasn't for this Shootout. It didn't look speedy at all, and although back in the day they had some muscle, Pontiac isn't really known for speed nowadays, so it would have never occurred to me to try the thing.

Side note about it: I found one with low mileage and tried to see if breaking it in would give it a little extra (my game froze up on before getting back to the home menu, so I don't know). With the draft on SSRX, and extending the gears way out, I got it to almost hit 300 mph. hehe

I will re-type my 450pp feedback tonight after work, and send them. sorry didnt noticed the dedaline was yesterday :scared:

You missed iainoflo85 and mike_gt3's times in your quotes. ;)

Honestly, I would have never driven that weird looking Solstice if it wasn't for this Shootout. It didn't look speedy at all, and although back in the day they had some muscle, Pontiac isn't really known for speed nowadays, so it would have never occurred to me to try the thing.

Side note about it: I found one with low mileage and tried to see if breaking it in would give it a little extra (my game froze up on before getting back to the home menu, so I don't know). With the draft on SSRX, and extending the gears way out, I got it to almost hit 300 mph. hehe

I'm sure I missed a few more too..!!

I built another Solstice at the weekend and threw everything at it. It still needs a few more miles of break-in, but at the moment, it hits 205mph all on it's own. Not bad for a tiny little 4 pot motor, just wish I could do something about its stupid face. It looks like a wide-mouthed frog from the front..!! :mischievous:

{Cy}

I managed to hit around that speed without drafting in the break in room too.

I think I painted mine a color shifting dark blue or something. It made the "face" less noticible. hehe

Mike got a pretty speedy time in your car, if I remember correctly.

Kinda unrelated: I've been tinkering around with a car when I have a little time, while reading a tuning guide. I've actually got it to improve a bit, but I have a lot to learn before I'm done with it.

What learning resources does FITT have?

Last edited:
I finished with Mike's Infinity and my results are updated above.

What should I do about these:

Need FR - shmogt / shmogt - Toyota 86 GT '12
Need FR - trackripper123 / Ziz528 - Jaguar S-Type R '02

I've posted 3 times I think and sent an FR as well. I have to head out to work shortly so even if I get them soon they may not get done till late tonight.

Kinda unrelated: I've been tinkering around with a car when I have a little time, while reading a tuning guide. I've actually got it to improve a bit, but I have a lot to learn before I'm done with it.

What learning resources does FITT have?

We have MCH's guide to using the LSD (no, not like that :P), CSLACR's tuning summaries in his garage's OP, Praiano's got something on the gearbox and suspension I think and of course, you can ask any of the tuners here just about anything as well, if you want to.

We have MCH's guide to using the LSD (no, not like that :P), CSLACR's tuning summaries in his garage's OP, Praiano's got something on the gearbox and suspension I think and of course, you can ask any of the tuners here just about anything as well, if you want to.

I don't have anything. I would like to express myself good enough to do something like this, but like you say ,CSLACR's tuning summaries are perfect, MCH also have something very good about tuning, not only LSD, i agree 99,9% with them , so why would i do something like this, for sure much more in a messy way...:ouch::ouch:
This is more than enough , clear , understandable.....

They have the same about gears and some other few more methods too.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

I've posted 3 times I think and sent an FR as well. I have to head out to work shortly so even if I get them soon they may not get done till late tonight.

Sorry about that, I'm away from the PS3 at the moment though. :( I thought I had everyone down... I'll get to it ASAP.

I sent my 450pp times to CSL a couple hours ago. I'll dig them out and post them in a bit in this space. I have a feeling I let down a few guys. :( Sorry ahead of time, friends. :embarrassed:

If we are extending the 550 deadline to Friday I will go ahead and get started on that tonight, though no guarantees I can keep those on the asphalt! :scared:

450PP Results
praiano63 - 7'40.756"
CSLACR - 7'44.743"
krenkme - 7'47.388"
esoxhntr - 7'47.538"
ugabugaz - 7'49.672"
Mike_GT3 - 7'51.396"
trackripper123 - 7'52.213"
Onboy123 - 7'52.318"
ACSR421 - 7'54.019"
DigitalBaka - 7'54.055"
MrGrado - 7'56.651"
shmogt - 8'03.271"
XDesperado67 -8'05.085"
CyKosis1973 - 8'18.409"
Ridox2JZGTE - 8'32.464"
Theo777 - 8'35.436"

Last edited:

Excellent. I have also been reading some of Motor City Hami's ideas, too. I'm still at the point of trying to get a grasp on the basics and how the parts effect each other, or don't effect each other. It will be good to read someone else's perspective too.

I'm going to try not to bombard anyone with questions, though. My instinct is to ask about each step and maybe it's better to test things out on my own and wait until something doesn't work to ask questions. Maybe that way I will get a good "feel" for what I'm doing.

I do have a general question that anyone can feel free to answer about tuning: If you have a car that is close to the limit that you're tuning for, do you do an oil change/engine overhaul in it, or use other upgrades to boost the car?

Is it okay to ask in here, or should I post a question like that in another topic?

Johnnypenso

We'll delay till the weekend, I will tend specifics tomorrow.

Regarding tuners and fr's, if they do not get you added so you have enough time for them, we will have to exclude the respective entries from the results. No other way really, you have more then held up your end.

I was thinking of jokingly telling people that the next update will make it go back to 2.10 style and that they've announced that it will flip-flop every update from now on; but I decided to be nice instead. :P

Oh dear, I wonder what's happened to the poor little Pontiac?? Have I failed to capitalise on its one moment in the spotlight?? If we have indeed reverted to pre 2.10 PP levels, I doubt it'll have the beans to hang with the 500PP boys :crazy:

{Cy}

Sorry havent been able to complete my 450pp feedback yesterday, been busy. Will do tonight. :(

Here is my 550PP feedback and driver choice.
Not a lot of details but my feelings about the cars.
Sorry for the blank on the "Spyker La violette" but i don't have a lot to say on it, i just don't like the look and it's just medium car ... a bad car make me cry, a good one make me laugh, this one don't make me nothing at all. :) Sorry for this, it's just me.👍

Thanks to all the testers, very good hard job. It's not easy to drive all the cars on this special track.

My crazy mouse bug have deleted the 450pp feedback on my excel sheet during the test, like i've said first, no way to drive all this again now. Sorry.
450PP will have more feedback for sure, most of the testers finish them anyway.

Have a great day everybody.

><(((((°>°°°°°°

DC550pp.jpg

Praiano the rebel!! That's right, screw the slacker system!!!! :lol: You know, you're suppose to send that to CSLACR for him to release the results all at once, right? :lol:

Thanks for the feedback Praiano.👍👍
About what I expected since I didn't leave myself any time to try giving it some polish.
Spent what little time I did take with it trying to contain the rear end and practically none on the rest of its handling.:dunce:
Now that the PP has been reverted to pre V2.10 levels I'll have to see about setting it up for 600PP.:scared::lol:

Oh yea, forgot to reply to the feedback while it's still there. :lol: Well, what can I say? I'm glad you liked it, and also thanks for your input in its tuning phase. 👍

Question for OnBoy:

Did you really spend only 5-10 minutes tuning your SVT, or were you joking about that?

Very serious. 2 minutes on the initial guess tune, like…10 seconds on deciding the final gear for the gearbox, all the rest of the time was driving, and I only did 3 laps (all of it red) really. And then may be another 2 minutes on "refining" it. It's still rough as sandpaper though.

Back