FITT Nurburgring Nordschleife Shootout v2.0

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 777 comments
Slacks! Y STILL NO FEEDBACK POSTED? The testers should have got them all in for 450PP, no?

Praiano the rebel!! That's right, screw the slacker system!!!! :lol: You know, you're suppose to send that to CSLACR for him to release the results all at once, right? :lol:

Hahaahha, i thought that it could be released now because you ask for it so ...... well !!!
My DC are together with my feedback, but anyway, now it's too late.
I'm going to test some cars but it seems good to me now.

My 550PP sport soft challenger is a 600PP with racing hard tires, and the same for all the others. No more dominant but still very good cars.
I would like to see some other things in this update, like tahiti road, seattle, Pike peak......... and all the rest. But the PP back is a good thing.... I can't say i'm not happy with this.
I'll still play GT till i find anything better that i can pay for.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Well, with the new old PP back, the Spirra might have a fighting chance again! :D And shame about 2.10 coming at this timing, I'd loved to have used my Evora for this, it's just the circumstance meant running with the Corvette with what is now a 34PP advantage was just the better choice. :lol:

:/ Looks like even my Touge based tune R33 GTR is difficult to control, I guess I am not cut out to tune cars for others, all my cars were either bad or hard to handle :ouch:

My Deadnutseven cars all tuned the same way, I can race them well, the Countach that I used to win on my 1st race ever last year at Deadnutseven Monza race had the same style of tune, that car was driven by a friend, and he said the same thing as Praiano, hard to control :(

484205174a11274807188ml.jpg

I don't think I should be a tuner on a shootout, I would only torture testers with my badly tuned cars.

corner.jpg

Thanks Praiano :cheers:.
Too bad it wasn't a little quicker :(, but glad you enjoyed it, and it was hopefully fun to toss around :dopey:

I think CSLACR indicated if he couldn't get online by last night that we testers should go ahead and post our feedback.

Below is mine for 450pp. 550pp is still a work in progress.

450pp Feedback

esoxhntr - RUF 3400s '00 - DC: 10

It's nice to have two of the same model for comparison. This RUF was very similar to CSLACR's with ever so slightly more stability. This allowed me to push it a little harder and shave an extra second off my time. Super smooth and a joy to drive around the track!

CSLACR - RUF 3400s '00 - DC: 9

One of the first cars I tested. First impression was it was a bit squirrelly, like riding on glass. Probably because just before I had been running a seasonal with some cars with tight suspension. Once I got used to it I loved it and it was one of the most fun. The RUF handling reminds me of the recent Corvette prototype seasonal. Great acceleration and turn in, but one false move and you’re toast!

praiano63 - Aston martin Vanquish '04 - DC: 9

As usual from praiano a great tune. Superb balance, very easy to handle and fun to drive. I hadn't spent much time with this car prior so this was a pleasure.

mike_gt3 - Infiniti G35 Coupe Concept '06 - DC: 9

Mike, I've learned so much from your legendary driving skills over the past year, it's nice to see you in the tuner category. Had to get used to the tighter suspension after driving the RUFs around, but once I adjusted this car was a pleasure to drive as well. Very smooth and easy to handle, and I was able to record a decent time (for me) with it. Nice tune!

krenkme - Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 - DC: 10

By far the biggest surprise of this shootout. This car handles like a dream and surprisingly well for a large car. One of the easiest to handle of the entire group. The credit for the fact that this car is even competitive this has to go to the tuner. Great gearing! I turned in almost my fastest time with this car in my first lap which shows it's consistency and ease of handling. Great tune!

ACSR421 - Infiniti G35 Coupe Concept '06 - DC: 9

Super smooth and easy-to-drive. Great balance. Loved the tune… one of my better times as well. Similar characteristics to mike_gt's entry, not exactly sure what accounts for the difference in time, as I didn't notice a huge difference.

Cykosis1973 - Pontiac Solstice Concept - DC: 6

This one gets my award for the strangest tune of the group. There were many things I liked about it, starting with the styling. I hadn't driven it before and it's a very nice looking and sounding car. Overall it was mustly fun to drive, but very touchy on braking or turning which became frustrating. Some things about it were counterintuitive and the wheels locked up easily (for me) which made it hard to get used to. All that being said I was still able to turn in a fairly decent tiem. As an amateur tuner, I’d be very interested to know what causes that and if a slight adjustment might make it smoother and easier to drive, resulting in a better time.

trackripper123 - Jaguar S-Type R '02 - DC: 8

In a word – smooth! Very nice balance. Strangely soft engine… had to get used to where to shift. Slight bit of understeer on entry, but nothing unmanageable. Not quite as fast as some of the other cars, but I suspect this is more car than tuner. Very nice tune!

Onboy123 - Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R - DC: 6

This was generally a fun car to drive, after getting used to understeer on entry. I think correcting this could lead to faster times. Unfortunately it didn't really stand out in the crowd for me

MrGrado - Holden SS Commodore '04 - DC: 7

This is another car I don't think I've ever driven before. It was mostly a very smooth ride and easy to handle, and I couldn't really find anything to complain about. It just seemed it didn't have the power of some of the other entries. Nice tune though.

XDesperado67 - Nissan Silvia spec-R AERO (S15) '02 - DC: 8

First of all, love the styling of this car, very nice. I actually really enjoyed this car. One thing I've noticed about your tunes over the different shootouts is that I can generally push the car pretty hard and it won't push back too much :) This entry was no exception, the car was very stable and fun to drive. Again, just not as much power as the others, and this is another one I'd like to understand from a tuning perspective. Nice tune!

Ugabugaz - Callaway C12 - DC: 5

Another car I don't have any prior experience with. This car had massive understeer on turn in which was a bit difficult to get used to. Judging by my times I never really did. I'm not sure if this was the tune or just the car but it was frustrating either way. It was a bit slower than other entries as well it seemed. Loved the engine sound though :)

Theo777 - BMW M Coupe '98 - DC: 6

I generally like BMW's... haven't driven the coupe much before. Basically this was a fairly smooth ride, but understeer at both entry and mid-corner were preventing me from recording faster times

Shmogt - Toyota GT 86 '12 - DC: 8

I actually really enjoyed this tune. I always like the GT 86 and this tune was one of the easiest to handle of the group and very enjoyable to drive. Nice turn-in and very responsive. It simply was very underpowered compared to the other competition (curious..is this due to the PP system being unbalanced?). Ultimately it got killed on the straights as it couldn't muster competitive acceleration and speed. Enjoyable tune nonetheless!

DigitalBaka - Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06 - DC: 5

This car had a very smooth feel and suspension, almost too smooth perhaps. It also had a very "heavy" and very slow feel to it. I think part of this may be the transmission... perhaps closer gear ratios would pep it up a bit. There was also significand mid-corner understeer which took some getting used to and also affected the times.

Ridox2JZGTE - Nissan Silvoa K S14 '93 - DC: 4

This was the most sensitive and "touchy" tune of the group. I actually had to alter my driving style considerably and drive very conservatively in order to even complete a lap. The biggest issue was that it was very sensitive under any significant braking or any degree of sharp turning. Also, a slight tendency to oversteer on corner exit increased the difficulty level. Ironically, it has one of the best acceleration profiles and top speeds of the entire group.[/QUOTE]

I will post mine then also.

Feedback for the 450 PP Shootout.

Presented in the order tested:

--------------------------------------------------

Ridox2JZGTE: Nissan Silvia K S14 '93

Lap time: 8:16.669

-A very slippery car.

-Even a light touch on the accelerator can cause wheel spin or sliding.

-The car slides even while coasting through a corner.

-Lots of fishtailing.

-I found myself accidentally drifting while trying to get a good lap time.

-I never felt fully in control of this car.

-During the moments that the car does have traction, the car suffers from understeer.

-During slides around corners, the tires can bite and pull the car off the road to the inside of the curve.

-The car feels like it's light or walking on tiptoes, almost the exact opposite feeling of having aerodynamics giving the car downforce.

-This is a speedy and powerful car, but it's impossible to control.

-Out of all of the cars in the Shootout, this one has the most potential that wasn't explored.

-This car could be a beast if the stability issues were addressed. I recommend that the tuner work on this car and I'd like to see it live up to its potential. I could be a real force to be reckoned with.

DC Score: 5

----------------------------------------------

XDesperado67: Nissan Silvia Spec-R AERO S14 '93

Lap time: 7:52.998

-Tiny bit of understeer during the first and last corners, which significantly effected my ability to get a speedy start and a speedy finish to each lap. I had to slow down way too much to compensate.

-During the right hand turn before the carousel, I noticed that the inside tire lit up. What little I know about tuning say that the LSD needs to be slightly adjusted for this.

-This is an easy car to get used to driving. It required very little time to adjust to.

-I did not have to baby the throttle at all with this car. This is mostly a good thing, but it may indicate that it could be more powerful. I could be wrong about that.

-I'm not a huge fan of Nissans, but I enjoyed driving this and once I got a feel for how much to push or not push it, I was able to do a pretty solid, for me, lap time in it.

DC Score: 8

-------------------------------------------------

Praiano63: Aston Martin Vanquish '04

Lap time: 7:45.600

-A very stable car.

-I love how much this car can be pushed. It shows that a lot of effort was made to make it so.

-It was able to do a cold tire lap that was faster than the best lap time for some of the other cars.

-The only issue that I had with the car was when, due to driver error, I was forced to correct my driving line during the short wavy S curve. A left-right-left caused the weight to shift, and magnify causing me to spin out. This surprised me a lot considering it felt solid at all other times. Solution: don't be a sloppy driver, Ivan. hehe

-This car made it very easy to stay on my driving line. Even when I lost focus, it was easy to get back on it without much trouble.

-This car took almost no time to get used to and felt great right from the the moment that I started.

-I really want one for my garage.

-This doesn't have the highest top speed of the cars in the Shootout, but it handles the rest of the track so well that a little extra speed on the long straight isn't necessary.

DC Score: 10

Shmogt: Toyota 86 GT '12

Lap time: 7:58.875

-This car oversteers, which is exactly how I like it. I can turn less sharply with an oversteering car. I cannot turn more sharply in an understeering car. That's why I prefer a little oversteer in cars.

-I've never driven this car in the game before and didn't know what to expect. It was surprisingly good.

-It drives smoothly and I enjoyed my ride.

-I want one of these for my garage, also.

-I did not have to slow down as much in this car as some of the others. I could drive quickly, without worrying about being cautious in the curves as much or stability.

-Does not have the highest top speed, but handles the track well enough that it doesn't matter.

-Also has a faster cold tire lap than some of the best lap times of other cars in the Shootout.

-It sounds like an angry hornet buzzing, which sounds mean, which is fun for me. hehe

-When it hits high speed, it does feel a little light or floaty. A little care needs to be taken at that point.

-A little care must also be taken when turning on hills. It can be a touch slippery on both inclines and slopes.

DC Score: 9

---------------------------------------------------

CSLACR: RUF 3400S '00

Lap Time: 7:44.314

-Cold tire lap was faster than the best times of other cars.

-Handles very well and is quite speedy.

-It's a bit squirrely in the first corner, but otherwise very stable.

-Good top end speed on the long straight which helps the lap time.

-The only issue that I had was that the car handles so well that it gave me a false sense of security. I let my guard down because of this and found myself making mistakes. hehe

-I want one for my garage.

-I could not decide which of the two RUFs I liked better. I'm glad that I do not have to choose. ;)

-------------------------------------------------

Mike_GT3: Infiniti G4 Coupe Concept '06

Lap Time: 7:50.062

-Good cold tire lap time.

-Slightly squirrely when accelerating during turns, but not bad though.

-Solid ride overall.

-Easy to get the hang of driving.

-I'd like one for myself.

Onboy123: Ford Mustang SVT Cobra '00

Lap time: 7:51.893

-Onboy claimed that he only spent 5-10 minutes on this tune. He may have been joking, but if not, this is amazing for the time taken. :D

-I didn't think that I was going to like this car, but it's surprisingly good.

-Almost no oversteer or understeer. Very well balanced between the two.

-This car "stutter steps" rather than slides, meaning that the tires slip, then bite, then slip, bite rapidly. It feels a little strange, but less time is lost compared to sliding.

-Took almost no time to get used to.

-I found myself doing good laps almost immediately in this car.

MrGrado: Holden SS Commodore '04

Lap time: 7:51.003

-I had never driven a Holden before and was surprised to enjoy it.

-The LSD is tuned to aid turning. I like this feel in a car.

-Not much time is needed to get used to the car.

-It sounds a bit like a racecar which is awesome. :D

-I'd like one of these.

DigitalBaka: Nissan Silvia with the long name '06

Lap time: 7:55.597

-This car has serious understeer issues.

-It wants to stay in a straight line almost like a train on a track.

-During the long straight, I tried, purposely, to get the car to weave around, but it wouldn't move even slightly.

-At the curve near the Bilstein sign, I had to go hard left to even get the car to squeak around the corner and that's a slight jog.

-It takes the slow, tight turns well, possibly due to the LSD.

-I lost a lot of speed on the track due to having to slow down a lot to compensate for the understeer.

-It drives decently aside from the understeering.

-It has decent speed.

DC Score: 7

Trackripper123: Jaguar S-Type R '02

Lap Time: 7:47.730

-Really fast cold tire lap.

-Turns very well.

-Almost no time needed to get used to this car.

-Super speedy.

-I want one of these for myself.

-The only issue that I had with this car was that it drove so well that I was tempted to push it too hard or too far.

Krenkme: Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08

Lap Time: 7:47.324

-Knowing the classic muscle car of the same name, I was surprised at how well this performs.

-Good handling and steering.

-I did not have to fight this car at all. It did what I wanted it to.

-Good speed balance between top speed and acceleration.

-My only issue is that I had to fight my inner 16 year-old from taking over and driving it like Kowalski or Bullitt due to its heritage. Flooring it and doing power slides is not really the best way to get a good lap time, but it's fun. hehe

esoxhntr: RUF 3400S '00

Lap Time: 7:44.652

-Smooth handling.

-Good balance of speed and stability.

-Excellent cold tire lap time. Better than best lap time of other cars in the shootout.

-Drives so well that I let my guard down.

-I cannot choose between the two RUFs and I'm glad that I don't have to. :D

Theo777: BMW M Coupe '98

Lap Time: 7:55.075

-Sounds like an angry hornet, which is cool.

-Slippery through many corners.

-Turns wide when not sliding.

-I never felt in complete control with this car.

-This car handles some of the sections very well, yet lacks control in others. This tells me that it needs a little fine tuning. It's part way to where it should be.

-In some sections, it feels light or floaty.

-Very speedy, which is nice.

-I found myself often having a good run, then would lose control of the car, without warning. This made it difficult to get clean laps in.

-This car has potential to be great, but it's not quite there yet.

DC Score: 6

ACSR421: Infiniti Coupe Concept '06

Lap time: 7:49.008

-Understeers too much.

-I had trouble making it weave intentionally on the long straight.

-The turn near the Bilstein sign took effort to get around, even though it's a jog.

-Wider turns had to be taken much slower than they should have.

-Good speed in this car.

-Doesn't slide much at all. It actually takes effort to make it do so.

-The cars stays very firm, which is good.

-It actually takes effort to not get a decent lap.

-I felt like I was fighting the car to get it to turn.

-Takes the first and last turns well despite the understeer on the rest of the track.

DC Score: 7

CyKosis1973: Pontiac Solstice Concept '02

Lap Time: 7:45.463

-This is an unruly beast, but I love it. The raw power was so fun for me.

-Despite it having a big learning curve, I found myself feeling comfortable with the car after I did get used to it. It felt oddly right to me.

-Sloppy in places on the track. Great care must be taken there.

-The car pulls to the inside on the corner under braking just after the 16km marker.

-The tires can light up easily. Care with the throttle is needed.

-I ended up loving this car. It grew on me and I want one. I managed a pretty good lap time, despite it being a beast. :D

Ugabugaz: Callaway C12 '03

Lap Time: 7:54.034

-This car was the hardest for me to review, but the easiest to drive.

-The only issue that I really have, is that the car understeers. Just a slight tweak would make this a much more enjoyable ride for me.

-I had almost no trouble at all with this car as far as getting good lap times. It almost feels too tame.

-It doesn't feel very fast despite actually having decent speed.

-The car feels very grounded and stable, which shows that a lot of effort went into the tuning.

-It's a very smooth ride and I found it easy to do clean laps. It would be hard to get an invalidated lap in this car.

-It feels like it is balanced a little towards top end speed as opposed to quick acceleration.

-I managed a solid lap time on the cold tire lap, and despite repeated efforts, I wasn't able to shave a lot of time off that.

-It took no time to get used to this car and I don't see much room to improve my time with this car. Due to this it is hard to review.

-I managed to drive it well almost immediately and have not far to go to get a "perfect" lap.

-The car is so well-tuned that it's doesn't feel exciting to drive. The car reaches its limit too easily. I wanted a little more out of it.

-It's an excellent job, despite the understeer, which only needs tweaking. It could use some raw power though; some excitement.

-I would like one of these for myself also.

Last edited:
Ok , finish with the 450PP, I've test most of them at racing cruising speed.
One lap to feel the car
One lap for the time
One more lap if i made some mistake or if i think i can push more for technical cars.

Sorry for the feedback, but the DC points represent exactly what i feel about each car.

Great drive for the majority of them, fantastic 450PP group.

dc450pp.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you to all the testers so far for the feedback, seems like the Jaaaag went down well. :)

Johnnypenso, I have you added now. Sorry about the delay.

Praiano likes my Italia, life is good! :D The Skyline was different for the sake of being different, which I think we can tell is not always a good way to go. :embarrassed: Still glad I entered it though. Bet only 1 or 2 of you drove it before this.

I guess I am not cut out to tune cars for others

I think your "problem", if we can call it that for the time being, with tuning is your driving style. As you have mentioned many times before, your driving style is very different from the rest of us; no ABS, modified controller, etc. It's not a simple matter of flipping ABS on and everything works OK. You tune the way that works for you and because the way you drive is so different from others, it's logical to assume that people would have difficulty with a tune made for that style.

My two cents, throwing in the towel is not what you need or rather should do. These events, and FITT in general, were created for sharing and learning under the guise of competition. Yes we give prizes for the fastest and rank tunes and such but the feedback portion is where folks like myself really get a better understanding of GT5 tuning. So, setup the car the way you like it, then address your feedback. Maybe not all of it or all at once but tweak it and make changes such that your style is still there but it is easier for others to handle.

These events aren't for making people feel bad though it happens from time to time because we are all competitive. I know by now that if Praiano is in it I have no shot to win a shootout but just by entering and getting feedback I will learn something that might get me closer to the top, faster around the track,something that will make me better than if I had stayed on the sidelines.

TLDR: don't give up, learn! :cheers:

Well I guess I shall include my feedback then. Very big post alert once again!

450PP

CSLACR: RUF 3400S – 7:43.101
It was quite jittery on the bumps, so I had to go carefully over them, but the car was so smooth it didn’t matter so much. On my second testing, after learning techniques gained from the 550PP class, I found it much easier to control, could get a faster time and didn’t find it slower than the Osprey RUF. It was slightly faster because it was not as loose, the stability was much better, and it didn’t understeer as much as the other one at all, it was much better for me second time round.
DC - 10

Orido: Nissan Silvia (S14) – 8:26.984
If I were to list everything that was at fault with this tune, then I would be here all day. And at the end of the day it would still only be my opinion. This car was harder to handle than the Corvette C7 prototypes, and I found them a handful. If touge is anything like this, then I guess I’ll pass – it’s not how I want to drive unfortunately, I like driving on the edge, but I do feel like I need to be in control as well. I don’t think I need to go into any more detail, except to say that one word sums it up – oversteer. Even on second testing this car still felt wrong, I couldn’t beat my time at all, and the oversteer was constantly throwing me off track and spinning me out, not to mention the constant wheelspin whenever I was below 4th gear.
DC - 1

XDeserdado67: Silvia (S15) – 7:57.311
There was only minor problems with this tune, part of it was the brake balance, which caused some sliding on corner entry – sometimes I could use it to my advantage, other times it caused me to go off. There was also mid-corner understeer that was not on every corner, but did slow me down somewhat. And this is another car that doesn’t like the bumps, so there were points where it lost control. Lap time could be better, but completing a lap that was without errors was quite difficult. On second testing I couldn’t beat my time, all the errors in the tune were clear and I couldn’t overcome them completely. I dealt with the braking problem, I just braked in straight line, but the understeer was still prevalent no matter how slowly I went through a corner and the bumps through me off a couple times and so completing a clean lap wasn’t happening.
DC - 7

praiano63: Aston Martin Vanquish – 7:46.106
Nothing much negative to say about this tune – it’s a nice comfortable and fast car to drive, very little wrong with it, or maybe I’m not always consistent. I think the tune is perfect and I’m not. But I think the time can be beaten by myself, with more practice – I could easily push the car more than I did, I just didn’t want to get red laps again, and it’s really disheartening getting 5 or more minutes into a lap, to then make a silly mistake, miss a braking point or go too hot into a corner or too fast over a bump and go off, spin out or just lose control and get red-lapped. But this car is one of my favourites so far and handles exceptionally.
DC – 9

shmogt: 86 GT – 7:58.685
Very easy to handle, except over the bumps. But it’s just not that fast – the top speed along the back straight is rather low compared to some of the others in this class. Handling was pretty much as expected from this car – an easy car to handle to begin with – but with the extra power I didn’t seem to have much of a problem controlling it. Though like I said, it was very skittish over the bumps sometimes, and I lost it and spun more than once in early laps due to the different bumps on corners making the car unbalanced.
DC – 6

mike_gt3: Coupe Concept – 7:46.635
A very nice car, I felt comfortable driving it, there was very little majorly wrong with it, but a few things that did slow me down were some slight understeer mid-corner through to the exit. The brake balance did make me wonder, but there was times the brakes were okay – mostly it required earlier braking to lessen the understeer. It had good turn-in, no oversteer except a touch from the throttle sometimes, but generally very well balanced. Second testing I managed to improve the lap time by 9 seconds, so I think I can safely say it’s not as bad as I first thought; it just required a bit more technique.
DC – 8

Onboy123: Mustang SVT Cobra R – 7:49.078
Very good tune, with very minor foibles that I had to learn – for one it didn’t like trail braking, the back end would slide out if I did this, so once I realised that if I braked in straight line I could get round the corners much smoother everything else just fell into place. A very easy to handle car, no oversteer, a smidgen of understeer when cornering too quickly, but not enough to cause any problems. I was very happy driving this car, it didn’t make me sweat and the lap time could be better given more practice, but otherwise a very good tune.
DC – 8

MrGrado: Commodore SS – 7:55.147
Good, smooth car to drive, the close gears were sometimes a hindrance, but more often a blessing – they meant some corners didn’t need a shift down, nor did 1st get used much, in the really slow corners. But sometimes when I did have to shift down for a better exit, I hit the limiter so quickly that it slowed my exit down slightly. No oversteer to contend with on this car, and minimal understeer, mainly caused by the weight of the car going through some of the tight corners, but was not noticeable enough to be a problem. The only thing stopping me from getting a better time though was the poor top speed. It lacked the power of some of the others that I tested. But, that aside, it was smooth, easy and felt fast, even though it wasn’t really.
DC – 8

ugabugaz: Callaway C12 – 7.52.438
A nice car to drive, with good acceleration, and reasonably good handling, except for the slight power oversteer in the lower gears, making 1st redundant, the rest of the gears are very close and transition between the gears going through corners is smooth, didn’t need to shift down as much, nor hit the limiter when I did to get out of a corner. This tune is great, the car is just not that fast – top speed was lacking, but it corners brilliantly. It just felt so much better second time round.
DC – 9

DigitalBaka: Skyline Sedan 350GT – 8:05.824
An incredibly sluggish car to get round the track – it had really poor acceleration and was just not in the least responsive in cornering at all, I felt a massive deadzone in the wheel and had to turn the wheel more to notice any actual effect in turning, plus there was still some slight understeer even after braking a lot – it was not responsive and just not fast, either. A major disappointment, and just not what I was expecting of this car – it just can’t compete.
DC – 4

trackripper123: S-Type R – 7:50.855
I think there is very little negative with this car – apart from the glaring fact that it’s really heavy and can’t go round the corners as elegantly as some of the more lighter cars in this class, it doesn’t stop it giving a very good go. What it lacks in cornering speed it makes up for in speed, and in spades – the lap time says it all, it is more than capable of more, but I just couldn’t do it in the time I had, but I was never once frustrated with what it couldn’t do, or didn’t want to do, I realised it was just part of the nature of the car – it won’t win beauty contests, but it can certainly pack a punch.
DC – 10

krenkme: Challenger SRT8 – 7:46.504
I am very impressed by this car – it handles really great, and I mean it – it corners like you wouldn’t believe, and it can get going out of a corner pretty quickly. All in all nothing negative to say about this car at all, it’s fast, it corners brilliantly, and I’m just sorry I couldn’t get a better time out of it because it’s a really great car to drive.
DC – 10

esoxhntr: RUF 3400S – 7:43.796
Much more enjoyable to drive than the CSL RUF because it was not so stable, but not completely loose that it was too hard to handle. It was easier through the corners, no power oversteer on exit and not enough understeer for me to really think about it. Only marginally faster time because it was a tad sharper on corner entry, but still about the same level of braking (identical brake bias, but higher numbers) but there was just times where I made mistakes and this was due to the bumps – sometimes it just couldn’t handle them if I was going too fast and it threw me into a spin, and trying to regain control and keep it on the track cost me some time.
DC - 8

Theo977: BMW M Coupe – 7.52.999
This is a little rocket – a fast little car that has too much power and a bit too much understeer, but it goes, and it corners reasonably well, it’s just hard getting it through and out the corner whilst maintaining speed and not oversteering on exit. It is fast, but it is a difficult car to get the most out of.
DC – 5

ACSR421: Coupe Concept – 7:46.537
Nothing felt wrong with this car; I don’t think the tune was wrong, I just didn’t feel like it had enough power to really contend with some of the others. A good tune, I just didn’t think the time was that great. Could have been me, but more than likely was me, because the car was fine – was nothing unexpected stopping me.
DC – 9

CyKosis: Solstice Coupe Concept – 7:54.941
WOW! So much power, and oversteer to match – it was a battle getting this car to stay on track, but every time at Bergwerk I lost that battle, and it just got more stressful every time I tried to get a clean lap. This was the best I could do, it is just so loose and wild, there was so much power and oversteer that I just couldn’t tame it, I just got more and more frustrated.
DC – 4

Like Ivan, I shall certainly be adding some of these tunes to my garage - I've already added the CSLACR RUF tune to my 3400S.

550PP

CSLACR: R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic – 7:08.864
Lovely smooth fast drive – so responsive, no understeer at all, it rolls through corners so well and can zoom out of them. I really love the handling on this car, it feels so natural, not overly aggressive and not in the least passive at all, it handles like a racecar and just feels so fast. I’m very happy with the lap time, it just got better and better, and I enjoyed every minute of it. This car on this track just seems to gel – they were made for each other.
DC – 9

Ridox: Skyline GT-R V-Spec – 7:26.493
The brakes on this car are way to quick to lock up, which means you can’t slow down enough which just causes the car to understeer an insane amount. Once that was realised I had to brake softer and sooner, the understeer disappeared, but this made the car slower round the track. Another car that reacts really badly to putting a tyre on the grass, it goes into a spin almost immediately, but given the right amount of caressing it could go really fast. But the brakes are not set up how I like, and this means I have to go careful to keep it on the tarmac.
DC - 4

Desperado: XKR Coupe – 7:13.343
Much like the Skyline, this one needed a tender foot on the brake, but roll on the throttle also. I found it to be relatively stable once this was done, some loss of grip in the back end, and some air at points. But the car’s heavy, it takes a while to slow all that weight down in order to get round a corner, but I think I managed to some extent to control the car, even though it wanted to fight back at times.
DC - 5

Praiano: Challenger SRT8 – 7:02.059
With the skills I have learned from driving the Skyline and the Jaguar I have been able to find this much easier to control and it can really get around the track – with more time I could easily break the 7 minute barrier, but I’m happy for now with this time in the three laps that I gave it. It’s really powerful, roll on the throttle, easy on the brake and it’s sweet like candy, but that’s just the thing, it’s so fast that it needs all of my attention for it to get round the track safely. I can’t fault the tune knowing how to treat the car right, because that’s how it’s intended to be driven and I found it easier to handle once I did that.
DC - 6

Wildheart: IS-F – 7:06.590
This car had so much understeer and too many gears. I found a way of dealing with one and part dealing with the other. 1st I had to switch to AT, 8 gears is too many and I had to keep changing gear so quickly and often, even when I was going round corners that I had to use AT. This fixed some of the understeer, but not all – to deal with some of the rest of the understeer I had to simply brake earlier, trail brake a lot and lift off the throttle on many occasions, where in other cars without this level of understeer I would not have had to do. Other than this, it was pretty solid and stable, fast too with a good time (for me), but just wasn’t loose enough (for me).
DC - 7

Mike_gt3: IS-F – 7:07.305
More understeer than the other IS-F and more power too (so more power oversteer, and more braking/trail braking), and this made this car harder to handle than the other one, resulting in a slighter slower lap time despite having a higher top speed. I prefer the other IS-F.
DC - 6

Ugabugaz: Enzo – 7:18.785
This is a very good tune – where’s the understeer gone? I remember this car cornered like a sack of potatoes and now it’s – well this is not the same car, at all. It’s yellow, for a start, but it handles completely differently – 1000% better and feels wonderful to drive, which it never did before. The downside to this is it’s just not competitive against the 2.10 demon FR’s that can go faster at the same PP level. This is a shame, because this has got to be one of the best tunes in this shootout.
DC - 10

Krenkme: Challenger R/T – 7:26.150
A very nice tune, the car is very smooth, easy to drive, corners quite well, slight understeer problems, but not major, perhaps to do with the weight of the car. It’s a very nice car to drive, BUT it’s just not that fast. The lap time was not due to crashing or going off track all the time, it was genuinely not fast – the top speed was 20mph lower than the others at least. But this is a tuning shootout, I must remember – not the fastest car at 550PP. It’s certainly not that, but it’s a very good tune and made this car handle the ‘ring better than I had expected.
DC - 9

DigitalBaka: 458 Italia – 7:18.725
I can’t believe it, an Italia that is faster than an Enzo, maybe because it’s yellow, too. It’s only ever so slight, but it’s still faster – but they’re almost the same in handling and speed, it’s unfortunate again, because it’s a nice car to drive, the handling is just right, but it’s not that fast and I can’t get it to go seconds faster. It’s just not got it in it. But really good tune, handling is spot on, there’s nothing negative to say about this tune at all.
DC - 9

Shmogt: Corvette Z06 (C5) – 7:06.099
Fast, but not without some hairy moments – it has a tendency to oversteer under braking, and generally feels a bit unstable, but for all the speed it comes with this is not surprising. Though not my favourite tune, it’s still one of the fastest.
DC - 6

Theo777: C8 Laviolette – 7:11.535
This is a fast car, but the understeer is holding it back – it lacks character, like it had stock, it’s now too safe and just not fun to drive, nor easy to push.
DC - 6

ACSR421: LFA – 7:11.674
I’ve never driven this car before, and I’ve always doubted it’s ability, but I’m pleasantly surprised at what it’s capable of, really. It’s got its problems, like all cars, but I overcame them after a lap and found it to be very sharp at cornering and good on exit, fast in general. The minor flaws consist of the braking – if you don’t brake for the right amount and early enough you will understeer, and if you’re trail braking too hard you oversteer. But really this is something that comes down to style and does not affect the tune as such. But after a couple of laps in this car I came to really enjoy it, once I had gotten used to it I realised the potential – I could have gotten a faster lap, but probably not by much.
DC - 8

Onboy123: Corvette Z06 (C5) – 7:04.389
Having something to compare a car to is easier than not. Having driven Shmogt’s Z06 first I can now say this is a much better tune and I could go faster in it as well. I think this is proof enough that the tune is better, but let me tell you why – it’s simple, more stable under braking, sharper cornering, and all-round smoother for me to control, less troublesome really. Driven the same way they both have roughly the same top speed, but Onboy’s handles better and the proof is in the lap time.
DC - 10

If anyone has an issue with anything that I have said, then save cluttering up the thread with abuse towards me and just send me a PM.

*Snip for brevity*

I have to agree with Baka. I don't think that you should give up by any means. If you've noticed I did say that there was a lot of potential there that was unexplored.

I'm unfamiliar with your driving style. The no ABS part is pretty much self explanatory, but what else is different from the way that most people drive and how would your car setup benefit you and your style?

If anyone has an issue with anything that I have said, then save cluttering up the thread with abuse towards me and just send me a PM.

What do you mean my Skyline is terrible you little 🤬🤬🤬🤬 !!!! :mad:

....just kidding! :D :cheers:

It was definitely a left field choice. I was using it for a photo shoot and decided I was too lazy to change cars. :embarrassed: Thanks for putting up with it around the track. The 5-speed doesn't help it's situation. I put it in my own feedback but if I were going to do it again I'd drop the weight and the power in an effort to get it to handle better. Or maybe I'll slap the settings on a Z and see how it does. :dopey:

morfastmadboy
Esoxhntr ruf 3400 DC 10
CSLACR ruf 3400 DC 9
Praiano vanquish DC 9
Mike gt3 Inf G35 DC 9
krenkme challenger DC 8
Acsr Inf Coupe DC 8
Onboy mustang DC 8
trackripper Jag S DC 7
MrGrado Holden DC 7
Shmogt Toy 86 DC 7
ugabugaz Calloway DC 6
Despy Silvia spec R DC 6
DBaka Skyline DC 4
Theo BMW M Coupe DC 4
Ridox Silvia K DC 1
Cykosis Solstice DC 1

DigitalBaka
Could not get to the 550PP cars as I spent far too much time on the 450s. :embarrassed: The overall feedback from my results is that the slower times tended to be much more difficult to drive with a wheel. Stiffness and general control problems were what I experienced in the slower times; they may work well with a DS3 or more experienced wheel user but I was unable to take advantage of their individual characteristics.

Ridox - 8'32.464 (4) - Felt stiff for the track, braking a bit squirrely. Front end response was quite nice though.

XDesperado - 8'05.085 (6) - ....I can't read my chicken scratch! I'll have to decipher it somehow. I remember that it felt a little wild out back.

CyKosis - 8'18.409 (5) - Slides quite a lot and everywhere. :eek: This car has a knife edge balance that was difficult for me to find in most corners. Feels good when you get it right though!

CSL - 7'44.743 (8) - Slight tendency toward power oversteer but only shows in lower gears/speeds. Handles the rough course smoothly.

MrGrado - 7'56.651 (9) - Wish I was faster in this! Planted all the way around the track with great brakes. Would ask for a slight bit more agility from the front but good as is.

Onboy - 7'52.318 (7) - Consistent drive. The rear will slide on entry occaisionally but makes up for the power-on understeer on exit. Learned some things from driving this that I hope to incorporate into my skill set. 👍

shmogt - 8'03.271 (7) - A touch too stiff but otherwise a good drive. Again, the rear will slide occaisionally but it isn't a problem control wise.

krenkme - 7'47.388 (7) - Planted up until the tires touch the grass. Behemoth flattens out just about every bump on the track. :D

Praiano - 7'40.756 (10) - My favorite kind of car! Never had to think about throttle or brakes or sliding or...anything. Just get in and find the fastest line.

ugabugaz - 7'49.672 (8) - Understeers some at higher speeds and just a touch of power oversteer.

ACSR - 7'54.019 (6) - I really felt I should have been faster in this. Doesn't seem to like grass at all but no other complaints.

trackripper - 7'52.213 (7) - Heavy car, easy to over drive it's cornering limits.

Mike - 7'51.396 (8) - Definitely need a soft foot on the throttle. I can feel it is setup for faster drivers than me. :)

Theo - 8'35.436 (4) - I had loads of control problems for some reason. Felt much too stiff and I couldn't find my comfort zone. I did get a spectacular crash replay though. :eek:

esoxhntr (6) - 7'47.538 - Again, a tune I can feel is done well for someone faster. Slides too much for me; the breakaway is barely noticable which gave me trouble.

DB - 7'54.055 (7) - Too slow getting up to speed. Would be better with a 6th gear. If I had it to do again I might go with lower weight/power to help the acceleration.

Johnnypenso
Times/DC/Feedback
7:28.024 - CSLACR / GTP_CSL - RUF 3400S '00 - Very fast, forgiving, great transition on and off throttle, in and out of corners. Maybe not quite sharp enough for some, but perfect for me and my slow responses...lol. 10/10

7:28.432 - esoxhntr / osprey73 - RUF 3400S - Also very fast like the CSL but a more edgy drive. Lots of grip but has some lift off and entry oversteer making it a little more difficult to drive than CSL's RUF. Still an awesome car. 9/10

7:29.582 - praiano63 / praiano63 - Aston Martin Vanquish '04 - Perfect in every way. Lots of grip, easy to drive, very forgiving and very fast. Practically glides over the track. 10/10

7:32.435 - ACSR421 / ACSR421 - Infinity Coupe Concept &#8216;06 - A different interpretation than the majority of cars in the contest. A little on the tight side, but incredibly stable and predictable. I enjoyed it a lot. 9/10

7:32.497 - mike_gt3 / GTP_Mike_Peperni - Infinity G35 Coupe Concept '06 - Another exceptional tune. I can't really find any fault with this one either. Excellet transition, glides over the bumps and curbs. Very forgiving. 10/10

7:33.229 - CyKosis1973 / CyKosis1973 - Pontiac Solstice Concept
- A very fast car but with dramatic oversteer on lift off and corner entry. Really had to be on your toes and ensure you didn't over cook the entry as this one wasn't very forgiving. Lots of potential with some tweaking. 6/10

7:34.846 - krenkme / krenkme - Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 - If I could give an 11/10 I would. This is probably one of the top 3 tunes I have ever driven, if not the best ever. Smooth power transition, perfect corner entry and exit, you could place the car anywhere on the track you wanted to. My most perfect lap of all the cars. 10/10

7:35.015 - XDesperado67 / XDesperado67 - Nissan Silvia spec-R AERO (S15) '02 - A car with massive power and huge potential. Ride was a little rough and the car was a little loose for me. Some high speed corner understeer. 6/10

7:35.595 - Onboy123 / Onboy123 - Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R - A very solid and stable ride. A touch of lift off oversteer but very controllable. None of the usual Mustang understeer here. Fun drive. 8/10

7:35.622 *- trackripper123 / Ziz528 - Jaguar S-Type R '02
Heavy, neutral feeling car, forgiving, could have been a little softer, easy to drive and attack with confidence. 9/10

7:36.918 - *shmogt / shmogt - Toyota 86 GT '12
Overall a great deal of potential but LSD was too strong for me Accel and Decel, hampering turn in and exit. Hard for me to get to limit with this car. 7/10

7:37.968 - MrGrado / MrGrado - Holden SS Commodore '04 - Probably would have been my car choice had I entered the contest. Another very tight car but forgiving and predictable. Very safe, would make a deadly car on RS tires. LSD accel a little high for me. 7/10

7:38.375 - ugabugaz / ugabugaz - Callaway C12 - Well balanced, good grip and good over the bumpy stuff. Good at getting the power down. Not sure why my time isn't better actually. 8/10

7:39.920 - Theo777 / zigatan - BMW M Coupe '98 - A little bouncy and hard to control at times. Too much front end grip for me, lots of lift off oversteer. Brake balance seemed too high as well, making the front end grip issue worse. 5/10

7:40.239 - DigitalBaka / - Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06 - Very neutral with lots of grip. Forgiving and good on the rough stuff. Perfect LSD for me. Fun drive, should have been faster. 9/10

7:43.214 - Ridox2JZGTE / GTP_Orido - Nissan Silvia K S14 '93 - I really struggled with this car. I spun the first corner and had to check I was on the right tires. Took several restarts to complete the first half of the track. You really have to do something about the brake balances as they are just way too high and throwing the car off balance at every corner. Very little rear grip, LSD way too high. Sorry my DeadNuts friend, back to the drawing board on this one. 1/10

Last edited:
CyKosis1973
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8103056#post8103056

My times are posted above. DC and feedback below:

=============================
CSLACR / GTP_CSL - RUF 3400S '00
Time: 7:36.003
DC: 8
Undeniably fast, but somewhat sterile to drive. A little corner exit slip, entirely manageable with tiny flicks of opposite lock. Mild understeer in fast, wide radius corners, possibly due to my dodgy lines. Easily corrected with small amounts of lift.
Ridox2JZGTE / GTP_Orido - Nissan Silvia K S14 '93
Time: 7:55.130
DC: 3
Power is nothing without application...
XDesperado67 / XDesperado67 - Nissan Silvia spec-R AERO (S15) '02
Time: 7:44.832
DC: 6
Nice car, should have posted a faster time. The push from the plank is probably worth the trade for the amount of speed you can carry through the corners and the shorter braking distances...
praiano63 / praiano63 - Aston Martin Vanquish '04
Time: 7:40.665
DC: 9
If Daniel Craig were driving your cars, I might watch his films. In the meantime, I'm going to make myself a Martini and take this car to the track again...
shmogt / shmogt - Toyota 86 GT '12
Time: 7:45.786
2.10 hasn't been kind to the 86 GT. Requires heat in the tyres before you've any confidence in the car, and even then, the rear has a tendacy to step out with little warning. However, it is possible to allow the rear to slip a very small amount and to carry that through some of the fast, wide radius corners. Ultimately let down by lack of grunt, very pedestrain in a straight line...
mike_gt3 / GTP_Mike_Peperni - Infinity G35 Coupe Concept '06
Time: 7:42.393
DC: 7
The Ring Master's Car, what a privelage. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do it justice. I understood how the car was meant to be driven, but I lack the fine control to full extract the potential. The rear was too loose for me, eamning I had to wait for the weight to transfer before getting on the power. This was not the case on all corners, mainly those with off camber and entrring downhill.
Onboy123 / Onboy123 - Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R
Time: 7:41.928
Wonderful, wonderful car to drive ..... once the tyres heat up..!! Drives as I'd expect it to, easy to throw into corners and easy to hoof out of them, once the weight has transfered. Curiously didn't feel that fast, but the stats don't lie...
MrGrado / MrGrado - Holden SS Commodore '04
Time: 7:44.134
Very nice car to drive, straight out of the pit lane. Few cars here ran as well as this one on cold tyres. Maybe the 1600kg helped? Certainly the only thing keeping this from going faster is that weight. The power and torque, as impressive as they are, just aren't enough to overcome the pork...
ugabugaz / ugabugaz - Callaway C12
Time: 7:44.770
An awkward car to drive. Works best when you pivot the car around the rear, brake late, lift and allow the aero to slow the rear and drag the front round. You can then use the power to finish the rotation. Reasonably drama free, didn't spin it once, but wanted to push wide constantly...
DigitalBaka / - Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
Time: 7:49.523
DC: 5
The weight is too damned high..!! Glorious gearbox, pulls nice and sweetly, I just struggled to contain the weight. I could have done a whole lot better, but voided my final lap early on. My posted time here included two misadventures across the grass, sorry...
trackripper123 / Ziz528 - Jaguar S-Type R '02
Time: 7:41.992
Another Super Heavy Weight, great pace and easy to manage through the corners. Almost entirely drama free, although when pressed too hard at the wrong time, the weight can overpower the rear...
krenkme / krenkme - Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08
Time: 7:39.576
Wow. A great car, once again. I love driving these big tubs. The weight is rarely an issue, it's well managed and keeps the car planted. Why try to tame 470 horses via diffs, trannies and suspension when you can rely on gravity..?? That being said, the car will eventually succumb to the weight, but you'll have plenty of notice. Next time, might I suggest you use lead weights rather than moonshine?? (What? You thought I wouldn't look in the trunk??) If you insist on using 'shine, at least suck all the air out of the containers..!!
esoxhntr / osprey73 - RUF 3400S
Time: 7:39.054
Nice car to drive, time should have been better. This car has great grip for 95% of the time, but the 5% kept catching me out. In fact it was more a case of the car loosing grip and then recovering it that usually spat me off course. Sorry I couldn't post a faster time...
Theo777 / zigatan - BMW M Coupe '98
Time: 7:47.755
Not sure why this car wasn't faster, overall it just felt a bit loose and sloopy, but not so much as to be entirely problematic. I think maybe it was the lack of pick up, the car seemed to take a little too long to get up to speed. Certianly it was fast on the more open parts of the track, but not so great on the tighter sections. Sorry...
ACSR421 / ACSR421 - Infinity Coupe Concept &#8216;06
Time: 7:38.088
DC: 9
Great, great car. Practically impossible to unsettle, drives straight through everything and just keeps pulling. Should have been faster but I kept getting into dog-fights with my ghost...
CyKosis1973 / CyKosis1973 - Pontiac Solstice Concept
Time: 7:37.009
DC: 5
Further evidence that I have no idea what I'm doing. Predicatably, whilst the car felt flighty when I published it, I'd driven the thing for several hundred miles, so I'd gotten used to it's faults. School boy error. Having now driven all the other cars here, I pity the testers. Sorry...

Anyone whose DC/Feedback isn't posted yet may of course do so.

Since everyone seems ok with it we'll extend the deadline until this coming Saturday night. 12 midnight EST - 5am Sunday morning GMT/UTC.
Hopefully that will give everyone enough time, still have hopes I'll make 550PP testing myself. :)

Great to finally see some feedback and DC rankings. Thanks guys 👍👍 Nordschleife has long been a nemesis of mine so finding consistency here with my own tunes let alone trying to tune a car for others had me second guessing my settings the whole time. Now I can see what works and what I can improve on.

Thanks to the F.I.T.T. community for another great shootout.:)

I won't get my feedback on 450 up till tomorrow, but there are a lot of genuine 8.5-10.0 cars/tunes in this shootout, a higher percentage than any shootout I've tested, almost every car was at least "good" too.

Thank you for everyone that tested my cars, i see where my errors were and will try to adapt if i ever participate as a tuner again. :)

Heres my DC reviews, please keep in mind its constructive reviews and i based my rating using the ease of driving, how fun it was and how you can push the limit of the car itself without taking laptime into account.

Its difficult to give review since we all have a different driving style, my reviews are based around my driving style and may not sound logic to everyone :crazy:

450PP

praiano63/praiano63_____Aston Martin Vanquish '04 9/10
comments: Carry a lot of speed in corners off-throttle, very stable, only thing it felt a little stiff to run over some curbs couldnt nail some section of the track, but that probably help at other area for the cornering speed wich is
a good compromise, would have liked slightly more power to rear wheel sometimes it felt like the diff was slipping, overall a superb tune as always. well done!

mike_gt3/GTP_Mike_Peperni____Infiniti Coupe Concept '06 9/10
Tuned around my driving style, wich was not a good idea, i like the car with the suspension on the soft side, with good turn-in to make it rotate easily over curbs and control with the throttle, but that could make it tricky at some area and dont forgive as much.

Onboy123/Onboy123___Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 6/10
comments: Didnt saved the relay and couldnt watch it to remind me exactly the feeling of the car, but i remember it had some understeer and suspension was too stiff, i tuned one when i was looking for my submission
and could run 3 second faster, but the car felt great, well done!

XDesperado67/XDesperado67___Nissan SILVIA Spec-R AERO (S15) '02 7/10
comments: I dont remember the tune data exactly, but it felt like some settings were fighting against each others, some oversteer on braking on corner entry, high speed corner some understeer because of the wing, and the diff setting felt ''light''
wich made it more difficult to know when you have grip or just spinning one wheel or something slipping, (hard to know if you are losing time or not) But it was still fast nonetheless.
I think it would have done better with less rear aero, or no wing. Was still a good drive and i liked the softness of the suspension, thx for sharing it!

shmogt/shmogt____Toyota GT 86 '12 6/10
comments: At first the setting looked extreme, i think the diff was a little too strong, i would have used the ballast to make it turn and use less diff, but after 2 laps it was getting fun to drive in some corners, it was losing time on corner entry, less
turn-in because of the strong preload on the diff, but the power was for sure well put on the ground :) i dont remember how the car felt in every detail i didnt saved the replay of this lap, overall it could gone faster with a different setup but it was fun to drive well done :)

CSLACR/GTP_CSL____RUF 3400 S '00 8/10
Fun to drive, needed 2 laps to get used to it (mostly the timing for steering at the right time) and the 3rd lap was good, very good gearing used short shifting from 2nd gear to 3rd gear for more control and it had good power.

ACSR421/ACSR421____Infiniti Coupe Concept '06 7/10
comments: Overall good car and safe, but its on the understeer side, i ran this car vs teh ghost replay of my tune, and on some area i could gain time over my tune, but on other area i was losing time, and i was losing more time
than i could regain mostly in bumpy sections or ''S'' curves where you can use curbs, the strenght of your tune was on high speed corners where you have to judge corner entry speed the wing made it easier to see the limit and it kept good speed, well done :)

DigitalBaka/DigitalBaka____Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06 6/10
comments: again i dont remember the tune data, but the steering felt very loose, it was pulling left or right on track surface irregularity making it difficult to get the car where you want, suspension felt a little stiff, but still a good car to drive,
it was fun, brake balance was good. It was not the best car choice laptime wise, but you did well tuning it, good job!

Theo777/zigatan____BMW M Coupe '98 5/10
comments: The car is difficult to drive, to the point where its not fun anymore, the braking for corner entry produced too much oversteer making it difficult to keep speed and have the right line, suspension was too stiff, it was losing time just
running over the curb in straight line, on medium speed corner on entry it was oversteer off throttle but you had to be careful when getting back on throttle the car was sometimes unstable at traction limit and it was giving understeer.
I dont remember if the brake bias was stronger at the rear but less oversteer on braking would have made a good difference in laptime and especially consistancy, gearing was good. sorry. :(

ugabugaz/ugabugaz____Callaway C12 '03 7/10
comments: Safe car, stable, but suffer from understeer, suspension slightly too stiff but not too bad, i tried give less aero(minimum) on the rear and adjusted the power to get back to 450pp and shaved 1.5 second off the laptime without any tuning.
Stable on corner entry for braking, the easiest improvement would have been giving less aero on rear and raise the power.

Ridox2JZGTE/GTP_Orido___Nissan SILVIA K's AERO (S14) '93 3/10
comments: Extremely difficult to drive, oversteer on corner entry feel like the handbrake, theres too much power through the diff it spin the tires too easily even for its power, suspension is too stiff, brake bias too strong
to have any control, i think its just too much agressive at every aspect, the suspension dont need to be that low, unfortunatly it was not enjoyable to drive, sorry :( , i did the same error though with the Infiniti, i tuned with my driving style.

Krenkme/Krenkme____Dodge Challenger SRT-8 '08 10/10
Fit like a glove, nothing to say other than did a lap, did a 2nd lap and it was done, good job!

esoxhntr/osprey73____RUF 3400 S '00 9/10
comments: More oversteer than CSL one, but it felt more ''connected'' to the road, easier to feel the traction as well, i prefered the gearing on CSL's 3400S for the 2-3 gear other than that its very good, well done!

Cykosis1973/CyKosis1973____Pontiac Solstice Coupe Concept '02 7/10
comments: The only thing that make it lose time was the oversteer on braking, i dont remember the tune exactly but it had oversteer on entry wich made it tricky to keep the right line without losing speed,
corner exit was really good easy to control and just the right amount of oversteer and turn-in. Suspension felt a little too stiff as well, it was pushing the car out of it line sometimes running on a curb. If it could have the same amount of
oversteer as ''on throttle'' it would been a lot easier to drive fast, still an enjoyable and fast car to drive, well done:)

MrGrado/MrGrado____Holden Commodore SS '04 7/10
comments: Safe car, easy to drive, but too much understeer and stiff suspension couldnt make use of the weight transfer and touching a curb in a corner was throwing it off its line, i lost some time in the twisty part after the Karoussel
those curves are bumpy and it was throwing the car toward the outside of the track (losing the grip) with those setting the car is very consistant though.

Ziz528/Ziz528____Jaguar S-TYPE R '02 8/10
comments: Neutral car, easy and fun to drive, there was still some little understeer at time but its well done for this car, would have liked slightly softer suspension, good job!. :)

550PP

ACSR421/ACSR421____Lexus LFA '10 6/10
6:48.483
comments: Feel like the seat is not connected to the chassis... weird feel but i think its the car, even when stock, hard to say what the car will do, sometimes big oversteer then the front end lift and
you have understeer, gearing was good, hit rev limiter after the bridge on the long straight when in the high speed curve, slightly too stiff suspension even if the car felt like a ''slinky''. (probably the car, not your tune)
Might have the ballast too much on the rear. Nonetheless very fast when you get used to it good job!.

DigitalBaka/DigitalBaka___Ferrari 458 Italia '09 7/10
6:51.425
comments: Good balance, only thing for me that slowed it down was too stiff suspension and slight(not much) understeer, it was bouncing the car off its line or making it lose traction and momentum,
would have prefered a little amount of ballast to make it turn more instead of more rear brake, would have been more even for ''off throttle'' to ''on throttle'' transition.
still a excellent drive, well done!

shmogt/shmogt____Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '04 (C5) 4/10
6:48.054
comments: extremely difficult car to drive, WAY too stiff suspension, too much rear downforce,
too low suspension, it might work on a super smooth surface, but on the ring it was throwing the car everywhere, understeer on throttle at almost any speed, low speed off throttle
oversteer especially downshifting in 2nd gear, 2nd gear not long enought, too much gap vs 3rd gear wich doesnt help the oversteer on turn-in. It was hard work to get a proper lap.

XDesperado67/XDesperado67____Jaguar XKR Coupe '10 8/10
6:46.825
comments: A little difficult to drive fast, may be due to the diff setting to control all that power wich will make the car react strangely when its trying to keep the power on the ground
, slightly too high brake bias, and i would use a little less on the rear but it was not too bad, it would just made
it easier on high speed corner entry. Suspension felt smooth on bumpy surface and curbs(thx) it helped getting the laptime down. The car felt like it had too much ride height though would have helped
on the stability(just impression, would need to test :)). A huge improvement vs the first time i drove this beast, well done Doug!

CSLACR/GTP_CSL____Audi R8 4.2 FSI '07 10/10
6:48.173
comments: Once you get used to it its very good, hard to say what i would change, its the car/tune i felt had the best overall qualities.

Onboy123/Onboy123____Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '04 (C5) 7/10
6:46.759
comments: Similar handling characteristic to shmogt's one except it much more refined and smoother, but theres still a good amount of understeer because of the wing, and a tendency to oversteer
at lower speed on corner entry, its still very fast that way, thx for keeping a V8 sound, make it much more enjoyable to drive! and look much better without the huge wing. The use of the wing have its place
but minimum wing setting on rear would been better imo but it all depend the driving preference :) well done!

praiano63/praiano63____Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 9/10
6:41.198
comments: Super fast, a little bit of understeer and slightly too much power on the rear wheel sometimes it make corner exit difficult, and theres some sort of lag on lower rpm, wich does not allow short shifting in an efficient way to control the occasional loss of grip in 2nd gear, you have to use the 2nd gear at higher rpm. Suspension felt ''slightly'' stiff but it helped on some corners, very good as always, well done!

wildheart90/wildheart90___Lexus IS F '07 7/10
6:50.187
comments: Too much understeer, cant turn enought on most corners, added with a stiff suspension the car will have a tendency to bounce off its line, and the stronger rear bias
will sometimes give a quick oversteer on braking at lower speed, and can make mid speed corner entry tricky, the car get upset and make it unpredictable, this prevent it from keeping a good flow
around the track. I was hitting the rev limiter twice on the long straight right after the bridge. Other than that gears were well spread well done!.

Krenkme/Krenkme____Dodge Challenger R/T '70 8/10
7:03.497
comments: Overall very good, its smooth, car still had a little unstability but very minimal considering its a muscle car, the light rear diff setting probably made most of the
unstability when pushing to the limit but its unavoidable. Good job!

Ridox2JZGTE/GTP_Orido____Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec '97 3/10
6:59.784
I cant find the best words to describe it, it was frustrating to drive lol too much of everything, too low, too stiff, way too much oversteer on braking, extremely
difficult to keep a momentum, on the ring it need to be smooth to go fast, at least for me. :)

ugabugaz/ugabugaz____Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 7/10
6:55.017
comments: Overall a good tune, suspension a little too stiff making it lose time on bumpy surface, thats the biggest issue i had driving this car, other than that it was fun
might have prefered slightly lighter diff setting with some ballast to make it turn-in more, but hard to say without testing the effect myself.. Well done!

Theo777/zigatan____Spyker C8 Laviolette '01 7/10
6:52.225
comments: Good job taming the car, too stiff suspension was making it difficult to run over bumps and especially curbs making it lose time and be more difficult to drive. It was
a fun ride. :)

mike_gt3/GTP_Mike_Peperni____Lexus IS F '07 9/10
6:43.871
comments: Tuned it to suit my driving style again, but more civilyzed, i tried to have the same balance between braking and acceleration to make it more predictable, but still suffered from some understeer at high speed cornering.

Thx, another great shootout it was fun trying all the cars even if it was not always easy.

:cheers:

...snip....

Thanks for the encouraging words, I keep tuning for Deadnutseven races, maybe I'll enter some of my Deadnuts tune here in FITT shootouts - most are used in the races :) My modification to my DS2 only a cushion on the inside of the back cover to make the buttons have more firmer feeling/rigid. It does not change the way I apply input. The only difference is it allows a lot better accuracy for braking/gas, steering on the analog is the same as DS3.

I still haven't got the sweet spot for ABS 1 brake balance that suits stick/wheel testers ... I was afraid running too low that braking might be hampered, but looks like I got it too strong that braking on my 2 cars seems to be a struggle given the feedback by some testers :(

I am curious, do I need to set up the car so that drivers can mash the brakes to 100% in every corner ? Because both of my entries were tuned so that driver needs to apply threshold braking + trail braking to get more stability ( less understeer ) and effective braking distance.

I think I need more ABS 1 tester with a wheel to help me next time ( give feedback ) before submitting my tune + give me the general idea of what kind of tune that works well with others.

For the Silvia, I kind of made a big mistake ..

I made the wrong decision for putting such a sharp edged handling on my S14 450PP, I consulted with an old friend from Australia ( I lived there for more than 5 years ) who used to owned and drive such car at the track ( race + drift ) - I drove the car too several times when it was being upgraded with increasing power from stock throughout it's ownership, he gave me the wheel alignment used on the track and I incorporated real life spring setup from Kei Office Coil Over he had, he tested my car on GT5 with ABS 1 and said it handles as sharp as his car which used to have 320HP+ at the wheel and requires a lot of concentration just like his :eek: I think the major cause of oversteer/ hard to handle is the LSD setting, he said the car's LSD in GT5 reacted just like his car when on the edge of grip which have aggressive lock ( 55 degrees cam + 50%+ lock ) and low initial torque that needs precise steering + throttle input as he also used the car for drifting practice ( he alter suspension + alignment only ).

I've put the wrong car on the wrong tire grade for my 450Pp entry :( The real car was on wider than stock semi slick Falken Azenis and Toyo Proxes ( 265 rear, 235 front )

I am going to retune the power only to make it 450PP for 2.11 and share it again ( after shootout over ), everything else stays the same. Anyone feel free to try it and see if it gets better :) The power should be below 300HP even with max ballast, not fast anymore but might reduce the oversteer + wheelspin issues. Another option is to fit Sports Medium/Soft tires with current power after the shootout over and see how it goes.

I have to agree with Baka. I don't think that you should give up by any means. If you've noticed I did say that there was a lot of potential there that was unexplored.

I'm unfamiliar with your driving style. The no ABS part is pretty much self explanatory, but what else is different from the way that most people drive and how would your car setup benefit you and your style?

I drive with a stick, high brake balance ( 9/2 to 10/8 ), no ABS, I always threshold + trail brake + blip the throttle on downshift as a result. I can brake as effective as those with ABS 1 or no ABS drivers with lower BB as proven when I race at Deadnutseven hosted by JohnnyPenso ( also a tester here ), the high BB part is partly due to my DS2 sensitivity - needs 3 times more pressure than DS3, I found the best balance that give most consistent braking without locking up. I can run lower BB just as good, but I find it rather uncomfortable on my thumb on the long drive.

Everything else the same I think, and also I am not a good driver :lol: just middle of the road. Oh, I also spent 80%+ of my driving ( not racing ) in GT5 on comfort tires for all cars up to 600PP.

I always setup my cars to suit my style, mild to medium understeer, a bit edgy ( more front grip than rear for some ), some cars have tight LSD, overall I can say loose car on throttle, tight on brake ( no ABS driving style actually kills some understeer )

I often used real world camber + toe alignment and they works to my style, + front & rear toe ( used on some of real life counterpart of my tunes )

Last edited:
Hi everybody,what a good time racing those cars.I will post some driver comments before the deadline (thats the hard part).I've finished testing the 550 PP class as well,and I'll get it all in before the deadline.Thanks for everybody's patience.Cheers.

Onboy123: Mustang SVT Cobra R – 7:49.078
Very good tune, with very minor foibles that I had to learn – for one it didn’t like trail braking, the back end would slide out if I did this, so once I realised that if I braked in straight line I could get round the corners much smoother everything else just fell into place. A very easy to handle car, no oversteer, a smidgen of understeer when cornering too quickly, but not enough to cause any problems. I was very happy driving this car, it didn’t make me sweat and the lap time could be better given more practice, but otherwise a very good tune.
DC – 8

Onboy - 7'52.318 (7) - Consistent drive. The rear will slide on entry occaisionally but makes up for the power-on understeer on exit. Learned some things from driving this that I hope to incorporate into my skill set.

7:35.595 - Onboy123 / Onboy123 - Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R - A very solid and stable ride. A touch of lift off oversteer but very controllable. None of the usual Mustang understeer here. Fun drive. 8/10

Onboy123 / Onboy123 - Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R
Time: 7:41.928
Wonderful, wonderful car to drive ..... once the tyres heat up..!! Drives as I'd expect it to, easy to throw into corners and easy to hoof out of them, once the weight has transfered. Curiously didn't feel that fast, but the stats don't lie...

Onboy123 - Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R - DC: 6

This was generally a fun car to drive, after getting used to understeer on entry. I think correcting this could lead to faster times. Unfortunately it didn't really stand out in the crowd for me

Onboy123: Ford Mustang SVT Cobra '00

Lap time: 7:51.893

-Onboy claimed that he only spent 5-10 minutes on this tune. He may have been joking, but if not, this is amazing for the time taken.

-I didn't think that I was going to like this car, but it's surprisingly good.

-Almost no oversteer or understeer. Very well balanced between the two.

-This car "stutter steps" rather than slides, meaning that the tires slip, then bite, then slip, bite rapidly. It feels a little strange, but less time is lost compared to sliding.

-Took almost no time to get used to.

-I found myself doing good laps almost immediately in this car.

450PP

Onboy123/Onboy123___Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 6/10
comments: Didnt saved the relay and couldnt watch it to remind me exactly the feeling of the car, but i remember it had some understeer and suspension was too stiff, i tuned one when i was looking for my submission
and could run 3 second faster, but the car felt great, well done!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the drive guys, not much to say about the Mustang since I really didn't try with it, but yea. :lol: Very little oversteer, a bit pushy sometimes, really dependent on your style since it has very little "character" on its on to worry about.

Mike's the exception, he's too good to run with my settings. :lol: If it was any softer Mike, it'd become…well…a Mustang. :lol:

450PP:

7:25.172 - esoxhntr / osprey73 - RUF 3400S '00
A little bit more stable than mine, and a long second gear made runs easier, but the long second gear hurt the time a bit. Mild oversteer on entry and understeer on exit roughed up a couple corners, but nothing problematic at all, very nice car with good response and predictable behavior. 👍
DC: 9.0

7:25.211 - CSLACR / GTP_CSL - RUF 3400S '00
Just a little bit too unstable on lower speed exits, in another run this could have turned a 7:23 in the same conditions, just couldn't find the lap in the window. I'll be making 2nd gear a small amount longer for some added grip/stability on lower speed exits.
DC: 9.5

7:29.222 - CyKosis1973 / CyKosis1973 - Pontiac Solstice Concept
Idk what you were thinking and neither do you, this thing is 🤬 on corner entry. :lol:
Otherwise though - It's a very nice tune. I managed the 7:29 by upshifting when I felt the rear inevitably come out, which kept the tail in-line much easier. A lot of 2-3-2-3 shifting into, mid, and out of corners.
DC: 6.5

7:29.278 - praiano63 / praiano63 - Aston Martin Vanquish '04
Really enjoyed this car, kind of felt like you made it for me... :)
Mild understeer and a little bit stiff, otherwise a 10.0. 👍
DC: 9.5

7:29.949 - ACSR421 / ACSR421 - Infinity Coupe Concept &#8216;06
Another great car, mild understeer mixes in on exit and occasionally entry if you brake late, but a solid car with a faster build than opposing similar cars.
DC: 8.0

7:31.337 - mike_gt3 / GTP_Mike_Peperni - Infinity G35 Coupe Concept '06
The only issue I had was going full-throttle on exit a few times thinking it was 4wd. (Yes, this actually happened 3-4 times) One of the best cars/tunes IMO to date.
The build keeps the time down though :( It's just not fast enough.
DC: 10.0

7:31.744 - krenkme / krenkme - Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08
I don't know if I liked this more or less than Mike's, but both are in their own class of excellence. I'm so happy you entered this instead of the other car, this is your best car to date, one of the best cars/tunes IMO to date.
DC: 10.0

7:32.238 - XDesperado67 / XDesperado67 - Nissan Silvia spec-R AERO (S15) '02
The only thing that really keeps the time down here for me is entry oversteer when downshifting, I had to employ the same technique as CyKosis car a couple times to hold the rear, particularly when lifting off the brakes. Mild understeer on exit and mid-corner, but an enjoyable car.
DC: 7.0

7:32.554 - trackripper123 / Ziz528 - Jaguar S-Type R '02
I really liked this car. I hadn't driven the car yet in the game, but a great first impression, well done. 👍
DC: 9.0

7:33.704 - Onboy123 / Onboy123 - Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R
Fast and fun, the rear danced on arrival(entrance) and the inside smoked on exit. An extremely difficult car to tune though. Not a bad effort at all from what I recall of the stock car. 👍
DC: 7.5

7:34.375 - shmogt / shmogt - Toyota 86 GT '12
Needs longer 2nd gear, maybe a slightly longer 3rd too, snap oversteer on exit made me tread more carefully, holding the lap time back. Good car. 👍

7:36.084 - Theo777 / zigatan - BMW M Coupe '98
Moderate understeer, with snap oversteer from wheelspin on entry and exit. A bit clunky and clumsy overall, but another difficult car to tune, props for being brave enough to enter this wildcat. Most time driven, most time left on the track.
DC: 5.5

7:36.115 - MrGrado / MrGrado - Holden SS Commodore '04
Very nice car outside some mild understeer + some snap oversteer from wheelspin. Gears maybe a bit quick for all the torque.

7:37.160 - ugabugaz / ugabugaz - Callaway C12
Very nice on entry, slight understeer on exit, and a bit of snap oversteer from wheelspin. Very nice car overall 👍

7:38.821 - DigitalBaka / - Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
If it wasn't doing 4k in second gear in all the tight sections (or doing burnouts at the limiter in 1st) it could have easily ran 7:35 as it sits. Moderate understeer hurt the time too, although it is very easy to drive consistently.
DC: 6.0

7:39.588 - Ridox2JZGTE / GTP_Orido - Nissan Silvia K S14 '93
I don't know what to tell you guy, after driving I checked the car out, and tbh this is the opposite of what I'd do to speed up a car. I think you can gain a lot of speed by adapting your style to fit faster specs. Because even with a perfect driver, this car isn't built/tuned to run anywhere near it's potential.
If your controller is causing this and you enjoy GT5, if at all possible I recommend finding an alternative controller, the speed you'll gain will put a never ending smile on your face.
I don't mean to offend, I agree that you should not quit, but instead start exploring new methods/ways to go fast.
DC: 1.0

Last edited:
450PP:
7:32.238 - XDesperado67 / XDesperado67 - Nissan Silvia spec-R AERO (S15) '02
The only thing that really keeps the time down here for me is entry oversteer when down****ing, I had to employ the same technique as CyKosis car a couple times to hold the rear, particularly when lifting off the brakes. Mild understeer on exit and mid-corner, but an enjoyable car.
DC: 7.0

7:33.704 - Onboy123 / Onboy123 - Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R
Fast and fun, the rear danced on arrival(entrance) and the inside smoked on exit. An extremely difficult car to tune though. Not a bad effort at all from what I recall of the stock car. 👍

Thanks, approval from the slacker is proof enough for me, 5 minute guess tunes are good enough for most people. :lol: Is it a hard to tune car though? I really don't know, I just slapped some settings on it then gave it very long gears. :lol:

Also quoted XD's comments because of the bold. Surely you mean downshifting? :lol: :lol:

Back