◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
I was told I will be "set up" tonight. I guess that means division placement. As for colors I would like Autumn Bronze Metallic wheels and Champagne Metallic Opal for the car. Can I do that or are only certain colors available?

Any colour from GT5 is available as long as it's different enough from the other drivers in your division.

You can find the currently selected colours and numbers here.

EDIT: should have added, jobyone will be along shortly to update :)

Last edited:
Funny how i suggested something about 4 pages ago and there wasn't one single opinion about it. That's why i can't get much into this "close friends private club" called the Snail thread.:indiff:

Driveclub look nice on ps4 but this conference had not reveal the look of this console. Anyway the look is not very important, its what we get in the console the most important (my favorite things ,processor and graphic card).

Drive club looks RAW

Schmiggz if you want a reply on the forum say what you want to a lot more negatively.

Schmiggz
correction: Greenthumb said something about it but greenthumb is my friend for over 2 years.

Making selections is the prize for winning. The rest of us get to vote off what we don't like. It works, but yeah, I've never picked and don't ever expect to.

Schmiggz
lol, sometime ago someone told me that negativity is absolutely forbidden in the Snail community.

I wouldn't say it's forbidden, not encouraged for sure. Most things presented in a positive light get at minimum discussion and consideration. Occasionally things get buried :(

Think about someone just dropping in to see what we're all about. If all they saw was complaining, whining and a general down attitude, how inviting is that?

And how long do you think we'd keep drivers in our league? Regardless of the competitive racing, I don't think they'd stay too long.

We do this to have fun, we should try to do that :)

Gahhh. I just realized that I completely forgot to take pics of the Zonda and FGT races, damn. Oh well, tomorrow it is then. I might have something special for ya'll tomorrow as well. *hint-hint*

Can I have a red car with white wheels in div 2?

Any colour from GT5 is available as long as it's different enough from the other drivers in your division.

You can find the currently selected colours and numbers here.

EDIT: should have added, jobyone will be along shortly to update :)

Last edited:
Hello, I'd like to join S.N.A.I.L! Trying to get in before tonight's Escargot races! Thanks!
Hey GTP_Tzayed,

Thanks for your interest! Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I was told I will be "set up" tonight. I guess that means division placement. As for colors I would like Autumn Bronze Metallic wheels and Champagne Metallic Opal for the car. Can I do that or are only certain colors available?

I would like to use Hibiscus Red Pearl for my car color with Aqua Blue Metallic wheels. Thanks.

GT5, Can you help me out as far as what kind of red Hibiscus is (Light Red, Red, or Dark Red) or is it more a Rose color?

OK, looks like red is spoken for. I will paint the cars DARK red. Thats it.
Depending on what shade GT5 says Hibiscus is red may still be available. If so would you like to use that or do you want to do a dark red?

Funny how i suggested something about 4 pages ago and there wasn't one single opinion about it. That's why i can't get much into this "close friends private club" called the Snail thread.:indiff:

This is insulting. Thanks for that.

Also you did get at least one single opinion. Perhaps you didn't get more because your point didn't make sense…

Another thing i think it should be reviewed by the administrators is who chooses the combos. Combos are always chosen by the racers who get the most amount of points every sunday, meaning, are always chosen by the best of the best leaving the poor average people like me with absolute no access to one of the most important aspects of the competition.
Shouldn't we get some sort of rotation between all divisions?

Everyone who doesn't win a prize gets to help choose the combos that are kicked off. Last week the slowest combo was voted off. I really doubt that happened by accident.

Rotation between divisions is nonsensical. Every division has an equal chance to win a prize. We've made certain of that.

It's even been made so that a single winner can't win the same prize twice in a month…not that I agree with that one. ;)

It used to be that only Division 1 winners won prizes. Now every division can.

It used to be that the winners from the divisions with the fewest racers one week had the best chance of winning a prize. A multiplier was put in place that keeps that from happening.

This really is an interactive league. The winners choose new cars and tracks to replace those that are voted off by everyone else. Not only that, but the participants are free to voice their opinions, and often times, it has resulted in change.

The things that have not brought improvement are griping, whining, and putting the league or its coordinators down.

Last edited:
GT5, Can you help me out as far as what kind of red Hibiscus is (Light Red, Red, or Dark Red) or is it more a Rose color?

Depending on what shade GT5 says Hibiscus is red may still be available. If so would you like to use that or do you want to do a dark red?

It is a dark red. Like a maroon color. Very good looking color..

It used to be that the winners from the divisions with the fewest racers one week had the best chance of winning a prize. A multiplier was put in place that keeps that from happening.

This really is an interactive league. The winners choose new cars and tracks to replace those that are voted off by everyone else. Not only that, but the participants are free to voice their opinions, and often times, it has resulted in change.

Since it's been brought up, I'd just like to say how happy I am with the adjusted points multiplier that we've been using for the past few months to determine the prize winners. In my opinion, it's worked flawlessly and it's a shining example of how feedback from the league can really improve the way things run.

I also like how there's seems to be a "magic number" developing for division winners to shoot for. It seems that division winners who score 85 adjusted points are able to secure a prize. For example, take a look at the results from February 10th. The average of the five division winners' adjusted points total was right about 85 points, with three of them almost exactly on 85. The one who didn't quite hit 85 was left out of the prizes.

Anyways, I just wanted to acknowledge the success of the system and thank Bowler for being the brainchild behind it. I encourage everyone to continue suggesting ways of improving the league, but please don't get upset if you're idea doesn't stick. We obviously can't implement every single suggestion that's made, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't make it.

I would like to use Hibiscus Red Pearl for my car color with Aqua Blue Metallic wheels. Thanks.

It is a dark red. Like a maroon color. Very good looking color..

That is the color I use. :) D1.

It is an awesome color.

Back