TURTLE RACING LEAGUE - ENDURO Racing Series - PRACTICE TONIGHT!

Being broken in is crucial in this race. On one turn I had a faster coming out a turn than the guy in front of me, and I was drafting him, but he eventually surpassed my speed. I think the car only gains like maybe 5 horsepower, but It must make a big difference.

Hell of a Practice race tonight guys! 👍

IMG_0142.JPG

Saturday should be fun :D

Thanks guys sorry I showed up late looks like a intense race! I was at church I will see you turtles on Saturday good racing again

Wow that was awesome...you guys are good...I already learned alot...sorry j ay doc i got into you a couple times when you were coming up beside me...I couldnt tell where you were...maybe I should use overhead view?... i followed phisher and another guy? in the last race and finished 10 seconds behind learned alot following them...anyway I had fun thnx for the racing....

Wow that was awesome...you guys are good...I already learned alot...sorry j ay doc i got into you a couple times when you were coming up beside me...I couldnt tell where you were...maybe I should use overhead view?... i followed phisher and another guy? in the last race and finished 10 seconds behind learned alot following them...anyway I had fun thnx for the racing....

Hey good racing dawsonn! Yeah I learned a lot in my first race, you might not be one of the fastest drivers out there right now, but if you keep on working on it, you will notice you will get better, once again great racing! See you on Saturday man!

Last night was a great practice!

No worries on the close racing Dawson, i'm still learning as well and with cars that take so long to execute a pass, theres going to be long periods of side by side. Most racers are using bumper view and using the look left/right to glance and see who's next to them. But use what feels right to you, I think you did great for a first night out!

Thanks to everyone who came out. For the second week in a row though, my PSN went funky at exactly 9pm for about 10 minutes. I think it's got something to do with the seasonal updates?

Last night was a great practice!

No worries on the close racing Dawson, i'm still learning as well and with cars that take so long to execute a pass, theres going to be long periods of side by side. Most racers are using bumper view and using the look left/right to glance and see who's next to them. But use what feels right to you, I think you did great for a first night .

Also, people zoom the map as much as possible and it makes it easier to see where people are around you.

Last edited:
Thnx Jay doc is there a way to look left/right in cockpit view? I just really like the feeling of being in a real car but you definitely have some blind spots, especially on the left in this car.
Yeah Ph1sher like I said I already got better by following you that last race. I found I was braking where I shouldnt have been and found some new lines through certain corners.
If I hadn't "zoned " out in one corner and gotten a 4 sec penalty that would have helped too.
I am pumped I found this club and didn't know there was this type of racing out there (close to real). I was ready to give up on the whole online racing thing . It feeds my addiction as a car guy and automotive engineer and is whole lot cheaper and less time consuming than the real thing.

Thnx Jay doc is there a way to look left/right in cockpit view? I just really like the feeling of being in a real car but you definitely have some blind spots, especially on the left in this car.

Typically it's just the left and right buttons on your d-pad by default. Cockpit view on this car is tricky in my opinion, I had trouble seeing what was in front of me at times.

As for the upcoming GT-R (Next Saturday), I just did the 300km Grand Valley Endurance, cockpit view only, all display info off. It was awesome!👍

Just got disco'd from turtle town fastest lap was 1.38.611 :)

I am pumped! I practiced again last night and used what I learned from you guys and ran a 1:38.901. Now I just have to learn how to do that with traffic.

I still want to hang back and follow during the race. I am just not consistent enough to trust myself running door handle to door handle.

I won't be there this week, again. Did 10 laps yesterday and set some decent laps.... Oh well.

Since it looks like a pack race where a slower person can keep up for quite a while, your pit strategy and when you pit can be where you win or lose your battles. Short pitting say a lap or two early may be the way to get ahead and push while the others try catching up.

Another tip is to race the draft more then the competition, remember that in a draft the front tires will wear more, but at the same time you don't want to be too conservative and prevent you from taking advantage of someone's mistake and breaking the draft.

Good luck!

I won't be there this week, again. Did 10 laps yesterday and set some decent laps.... Oh well.

Since it looks like a pack race where a slower person can keep up for quite a while, your pit strategy and when you pit can be where you win or lose your battles. Short pitting say a lap or two early may be the way to get ahead and push while the others try catching up.

Another tip is to race the draft more then the competition, remember that in a draft the front tires will wear more, but at the same time you don't want to be too conservative and prevent you from taking advantage of someone's mistake and breaking the draft.

Good luck!

Thanks for tips Choate51! 👍

Normally that sounds good Choate51,👍 but with the tires we're using, even on VERY FAST settings, we wont be making a pit stop this race. At 72 HP, there isn't much wear on them...:D

I just went out for a little practice run for 27 laps and tires and gas won't make a difference that much. I ran 1.39 times the whole race maybe like 3 laps were it was 1.40.1 or 1.40.2 for some reason wasn't happy bout the times hoping i would hit the 1.38s

Looks like I'm going to miss the next 2 weeks worth of races...Me and the fam are headed to Disney World on Friday, and won't be back home till the following Sunday... I'll miss you guys. Good luck with the Capps and the GTR...

Hey Casa, have a good time at Disney World!

7378158908_f219026f59_o.jpg
Turtle Racing League – ENDURO Racing Series​

Race 28: Circuit de la Sarthe
Car: Ferrari F40 '92
Laps: 10
Tires: Racing Hards
Date: February 23, 2013
Prize: Level 20 Ticket

Division 1 - Race Results

Race 1

1st Place: DREX81 (Fast Lap - 4:14.137)
2nd Place: Psycho-Tuber (Fast Lap - 4:15.921) +8.937
3rd Place: RacingOtaku86 (Fast Lap - 4:16.293 - Pole) +9.835
4th Place: monkeyBoy-4q (Fast Lap 4:15.753) +15.300
5th Place: martin_ky (Fast Lap - 4:15.972) +36.964
6th Place: micantony (Fast Lap - 4:17.266) +53.072

Race 2

1st Place: DREX81 (Fast Lap - 4:14.753)
2nd Place: micantony (Fast Lap - 4:16.303) +6.853
3rd Place: RacingOtaku86 (Fast Lap - 4:15.310) +24.023
4th Place: Psycho-Tuber (Fast Lap - 4:16.145) +33.960
5th Place: monkeyBoy-4q (Fast Lap - 4:13.982) +39.525
6th Place: martin_ky (Fast Lap - 4:18.492) +2:57.789

Division 2 - Race Results

Race 1

1st Place: FFK13 (Fast Lap - 4:18.440) +12.532
2nd Place: fumanchu11 (Fast Lap - 4:18.658) +22.661
3rd Place: mbobb1969 (Fast Lap - 4:20.348) +1:08.682
4th Place: Johnny_Suede (Fast Lap - 4:24.543) +1:52.390
5th Place: ScorpionPHVH57 (Fast Lap - 4:27.090) +1:58.504
6th Place: GTP_tzracer (Fast Lap - 4:23.937) +2:12.589
7th Place: Infinital-NG (Fast Lap - 4:22.590) +2:15.954
8th Place: Friend-29 (Fast Lap - 4:26.184) Time Expired

liampage123 - DNS

Race 2

1st Place: FFK13 (Fast Lap - 4:17.499)
2nd Place: liampage123 (Fast Lap - 4:18.448) +9.641
3rd Place: Infinital-NG (Fast Lap - 4:18.715) +36.024
4th Place: fumanchu11 (Fast Lap - 4:17.860) +53.708
5th Place: GTP_tzracer (Fast Lap - 4:22.701) +1:01.967
6th Place: mbobb1969 (Fast Lap - 4:20.587) +1:03.871
7th Place: ScorpionPHVH57 (Fast Lap - 4:25.649) +1:33.981
8th Place: Johnny_Suede (Fast Lap - 4:23.644) -3 laps

Friend29 - DNS

Division 3 - Race Results

Race 1

1st Place: ThethirdRoy (Fast Lap - 4:17.723 - Pole)
2nd Place: iceandspice (Fast Lap - 4:20.346) +45.319
3rd Place: flesxruoyxllik (Fast Lap - 4:23.591) +1:28.810
4th Place: jay*doc (Fast Lap - 4:28.309) +2:50.588
5th Place: CasaMofo (Fast Lap - 4:28.346) +2:54.907

Race 2

1st Place: ThethirdRoy (Fast Lap - 4:18.111) +11.583
2nd Place: CasaMofo (Fast Lap - 4:25.745) +2:26.576
3rd Place: jay*doc (Fast Lap - 4:27.330) +2:32.174
4th Place: flesxruoyxllik (Fast Lap - 4:25.867) +2:32.246

iceandspice - DNS

Final Results

Division 1

1st Place: DREX81 (98 Points - Two 1st Place Finishes)
2nd Place: RacingOtaku86 (86 Points - Pole)
3rd Place: Psycho-Tuber (84 Points)
4th Place: micantony (78 Points)
5th Place: monkeyboy-4q (75 Points)
6th Place: martin_ky (69 points)

Division 2

1st Place: FFK13 (98 Points - Two 1st Place Finishes)
2nd Place: fumanchu11 (84 Points)
3rd Place: mbobb1969 (75 Points)
4th Place: Infinital-NG (72 Points)
5th Place: GTP_tzracer (69 Points)
6th Place: Johnny_Suede (66 Points ~ Tie Breaker 4:23.644)
7th Place: ScorpionPHVH57 (66 Points ~ Tie Breaker 4:25.649)
8th Place: liampage123 (45 Points)
9th Place: Friend-29 (27 Points)

Division 3

1st Place: ThethirdRoy (100 Points - Two 1st Place Finishes and Pole)
2nd Place: flesxrouyxllik (81 Points ~ Tie Breaker 4:23.591)
3rd Place: CasaMofo (81 Points ~ Tie Breaker 4:25.745)
4th Place: jay*doc (81 Points ~ Tie Breaker 4:27.330)
5th Place: iceandspice (45 Points)

Race Recap

Division 1: Congratulations to DREX81 on his 2 wins. Psycho-Tuber kept the pressure on in Race 1 and micantony kept the pressure on in Race 2, but DREX81 held it together. One mistake in either race would have cost him the win. Great Racing DREX81! After getting the Pole RacingOtaku81 finished well enough to wrap up 2nd Place. RacingOtaku86 and Psycho-Tuber traded positions in the races but RacingOtaku86s Pole kept it from going to the "Tie Breaker", so Psycho-Tuber finished in 3rd Place overall. micantony went from rags to riches finishing in last place in Race 1. micantony made his half time adjustments and took 2nd Place in Race 2 for 4th Place overall. Nice comeback mic! monkeyboy-4q had a very competitive Race 1 finishing in 4th Place just 15.300 behind DREX81 and a solid 5th Place in Race 2 for 5th Place overall. Then there was martin_ky's performance.....umm

Division 2: Congratulations to FFK13 on his two 1st Place finishes and overall win! fumanchu11 had two strong performances with a 2nd Place finish in Race 1 and 4th Place finish in Race 2. That was good enough for 2nd Place overall. mbobb1969 also had solid enough performances in both races to earn himself 3rd Place overall. After struggling a little in Race 1 with a 7th Place finish Infinital-NG got right in the thick of it in Race 2 with a nice 3rd Place finish picking up 4th Place overall. GTP_tzracers 2 consistent finishes earned him 5th Place overall. Johnny_Suede and ScorpionPHVH57 duked it out for 5th Place overall ending up with 66 points each. Johnny_Suede took the spot with the "Tie Breaker". liampage123 did not participate in Race 1 but had a great Race 2 finishing in 2nd Place and 8th Place overall. Friend-29, who by the way, is not getting along with his new wheel was one and done finishing in 9th Place overall.

Division 3: Congratulations to ThethirdRoy on his 100 Point win! ThethirdRoy had 2 dominating performances in Race 1 and Race 2 which earned him a quick trip to Division 2. Division 2 says Hello! flesxruoyxllik, CasaMofo, and jay*doc all went after 2nd Place overall. They did what they set out to with all of them finishing with 81 points. It took the "Tie Breaker" to finally straighten things out. The result was flesxruoyxllik finishing in 2nd Place, CasaMofo taking 3rd Place and jay*doc getting 4th Place overall. Then there was iceandspice, who was one and done for 5th Place overall.

Great racing guys!

Last edited:
7473352274_3f88fa4b4c_o.jpg

Turtle Racing League - Enduro Racing Series​

Race 29: Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse
Car: Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95
Laps: 27
Tires: Sports Hards
Date: March 2, 2013
Prize: Level 20 Ticket

The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports​
"It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free."

Rules

You are expected to follow The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports and adhere to the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules and exercise Good Racecraft at all times, especially in turn 1.

"Rubbin"

This is a non-contact sport. Let me put it another way, if you are "rubbin", you ain't racing in this league! We will not tolerate individual drivers taking the fun out of racing for everyone.

First Turn

You are not going to win the race on the 1st turn or the 1st lap. Therefore, it is the policy of this league for you to hold your position in turn 1. Holding your position in the first turn is limited to the first turn on the first lap. You must hold your position through the 1st turn and make no attempt to advance it unless the following situations occur: 1) The driver directly in front of you is asleep on the start. 2) The driver directly in front of you runs off course with at least 2 wheels off the track. 3) Obvious race incidents that must be avoided. Other drivers may draft past you before the approach to turn 1 if it can be done incident free. In other words, if you are able to fully draft past someone without incident or disruption to the other driver(s) with a reasonable distance before approaching the first turn you may. This rule is in place for 2 reason: (1) to avoid incidents in the first turn, and (2) so that drivers doing their part to avoid incidents in the 1st turn of are not taken advantage of. There is no sense in causing an incident in the congestion of the first turn. Furthermore, it is inappropriate to take advantage of other drivers doing their part to keep turn 1 incident free. If a complaint is filed, the decision we make will be one that promotes an incident free first turn.

Dive Bombing

Dive bombing is unacceptable, and only results in accidents. It is not the same as passing under braking. Dive-bombing is when a trailing car intentionally brakes late to dive underneath the car in front of them as they are turning into a corner. The trailing driver must move to the low groove for at least 3-4 seconds prior to corner entry, so that the leading driver can see the trailing drivers intentions in his mirror. However, running the low groove is not a guarantee that he will allow you to pass, it is only an indication that you wish to pass him on the low side.

Procedures

• Division 1 will race at 10pm Eastern in the TURTLE_Division1 lounge

• Division 2 will race at 10pm Eastern in the TURTLE_Division2 lounge

• Division 3 will race at 10pm Eastern in the TURTLE_Division3 lounge

Connection Issues

Please follow the procedures below to help minimize connection issues.

Step 1: Reboot your modem/router before entering the appropriate Turtle lobby
Step 2: Reboot your PS3 before entering the appropriate Turtle lobby
Step 3: Clear your GT5 in game System Cache before entering the appropriate Turtle lobby

Pit Stops

Drivers need to be very careful entering the race track when exiting the pit. Please look at your map to see if other drivers are near the pit exit. Drivers exiting the pit need to stay in the pit exit lane until the track is clear of cars on the track. Cars on the track have the right of way.

Penalties

The corner cutting penalty system works very well on this track so we shouldn't have any issues with corner cutting.

Quitting

Drivers are expected to finish races no matter what position they are in. Rage quitting is frowned upon! :grumpy:

Microphones

Although you are welcome to use microphones during the race, they should only be used to communicate your proximity to other drivers in order to avoid an incident. Otherwise, either mute them or make sure any background noise in non-existent.

Reminders

Be sure to break in your car. If you did not get a chance to break it in, you should at least change the oil.

Race Incidents

Legitimate complaints are encouraged, they insure a better racing environment for everyone. Complaints should be addressed by "Private Message" to the race steward of the race in which the incident occurred. Please include race number, lap number, and time of incident. A ruling will be announced after a video review by an independent steward.

Final Note

Race Clean and Have Fun!

Hey guys I have been chatting with you the past few days about racing tonite but I am not sure I ever officially entered. I am not sure if you have room for me but I would like to race tonite ..in a low division if possible. Oh my car is bronze with black wheels..and 57 is taken so I will run 97 if that's ok.

Hey guys I have been chatting with you the past few days about racing tonite but I am not sure I ever officially entered. I am not sure if you have room for me but I would like to race tonite ..in a low division if possible. Oh my car is bronze with black wheels..and 57 is taken so I will run 97 if that's ok.

Hey dawsonn57, you will be in Division 3 so you would need to go to the TURTLE_Division3 lounge by 10pm Eastern. We usually warm up in Turtle Town and then head over to the divisional lounges about 10 minutes before race time. I'll double check to see if you have the Turtle FRs you will need. Thanks, and we look forward to racing with you! 👍

Back