◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Tex,

Thanks for the additional tips, especially on the MacLearen.

Thanks also to the many folks who gave suggestions as well.

I value your thoughtful insights and opinions.

That's what I was hoping you'd say, and I couldn't have said it better myself. :sly:

Adjusting the brake balance on a car is form of tuning the car, period. It boggles my mind that PD would make Brake Balance exempt from the 'Tuning-Prohibited' setting, but they have. :confused:

The only reason we allow brake balance to be adjusted is because we can't police it. However, if PD ever comes to their senses and provides a way to monitor it effectively, I will immediately move to prohibit brake balance adjustments in this league. At this stage of GT5, it's unlikely that a change like that would ever come in a patch, but I'm hopeful that GT6 will be more logical..

If I were the designer at PD tasked with features to make GT6 more league-friendly (They like leagues, right? Or am I just being too optimistic?) I would be talking to you/Wardeez/etc. right now.

Personally, I can think of tons of ideas, as I imagine most of us can. Let's hope they're at least thinking of us. 👍

Last edited:
Maybe it was that ''club builider'' we never got.
gt5_online_details.jpg

Last edited:
Depending on what the 'club builder' had for features, I'd settle for two things, a race data export and better in race time features eg. Time to driver ahead and time to driver behind a la the F1 series.

Your Steward Report for the Week

Division 2

GT5AddictGT5 / GTRacerGTPlanet
  • Ghosting Violation - 1 point halved to 0.5 for self reporting race 4 incident- one week probation

Division 3

fzappa / tcrash15
  • Level 1 - 2 points for Race 1 incident- one week probation

Apmaddock / Apmaddock
  • Level 1 - 2 points for Race 5 incident- one week probation

* * * * * * * * * *​

These changes do not affect the final standings.

Full final results can be found here. (once zer0 has updated)

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Big thanks to all stewards for helping review this week's race complaints.

Depending on what the 'club builder' had for features, I'd settle for two things, a race data export and better in race time features eg. Time to driver ahead and time to driver behind a la the F1 series.
And the Ability to easily share replays:idea:

Hi everyone,
I'd like to request membership to your club/league/franchise. I understand and will abide by the Code of Racecraft. Hope you have room for another driver.
Thanks,
Member15

One of the things i wish the most in the next GranTurismo is to be able to create my own folders in the garage instead of a very limited "Premium, Standard and Favorites" i could have "Race cars, street cars, tuned, non tuned, classics, muscle" and whatever else suits you for a better garage organization.

Hi everyone,
I'd like to request membership to your club/league/franchise. I understand and will abide by the Code of Racecraft. Hope you have room for another driver.
Thanks,
Member15

Hey Member15

Thanks for your interest! We definitely have room for people who adhere to the good racecraft guide:) Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

If I were the designer at PD tasked with features to make GT6 more league-friendly (They like leagues, right? Or am I just being too optimistic?) I would be talking to you/Wardeez/etc. right now.

Personally, I can think of tons of ideas, as I imagine most of us can. Let's hope they're at least thinking of us. 👍

Unfortunately, I think you're being too optimistic. :(

Not only do I doubt PD would ever look for input from us, I don't consider them to be very "connected" to their user base. In fact, they seem to be quite the opposite. 👎

Then again, this feeling might be due to the language barrier between them and us (does anyone really get excited about a translated tweet from Kaz?). Anyways, I've always wondered if there are any Japanese GT5 leagues out there because they're certainly not here on gtplanet. I imagine this game is quite popular in Japan, which is the home of PD and home of Sony (not to mention home to millions of car and motorsports fanatics). Does anyone know of a website/forum where Japanese Gran Turismo leagues are organized?

I'm pretty sure they keep up with what is going on with the game. When I was a Test Engineer at Yamaha I worked with the Japanese of course. And they would keep up with the market according to sales. Then they had people that would survey and find out what customers liked and disliked. I'm pretty sure the US is the highest area for sales. So, the best thing is to read and write on the GT5 forums and websites.

kendawg
I'm pretty sure they keep up with what is going on with the game. When I was a Test Engineer at Yamaha I worked with the Japanese of course. And they would keep up with the market according to sales. Then they had people that would survey and find out what customers liked and disliked. I'm pretty sure the US is the highest area for sales. So, the best thing is to read and write on the GT5 forums and websites.

According to GTPedia the sales are broken down as follows:

Asia - 1.4 million
North America - 2.4 million
Europe - 5.5 million

Best selling PS3 game of all time.

I agree with you that they should be listening to their customers. Especially the ones still playing well after launch :)

Unfortunately, I think you're being too optimistic. :(

Not only do I doubt PD would ever look for input from us, I don't consider them to be very "connected" to their user base. In fact, they seem to be quite the opposite. 👎

They are connected to their fan base like ninjas to pirates. :indiff:

Hey all. I may not be able to race tomorrow night. We just adopted a rescue golden retriever, 1 year old, no training. Soooo my house is nuts right now and I'm not foreseeing a full night of sleep tonight.

Just giving my 24 hour notice. I'll be there if I can.

Please save the vette'. Really like that thing.

Maybe it was that ''club builider'' we never got.
gt5_online_details.jpg

Upon further review, there's one section of that list in particular that stands out:
  • Team Builder
  • Club Builder
  • Coloring / Livery Editor
I guess the team in charge of those features really dropped the ball. 👎:ouch:

I'm not sure what the Team Builder and Club Builder would have entailed, but it'd nice to know what we're missing. On the other hand, the Livery Editor is a feature that we know exactly what we're missing out on. The Forza franchise has made sure of that! :irked:

Ok guys, I have a really rad idea I'd like to throw past you all.

We have lots of posts with people asking for paint chips. And a slew of people that happily spend the time duping and sending away chips. I was thinking it would be nice to do a little SNAIL trade market. Here you can post request for paints, cars, tickets and other items, all in an area designed for it, so the requests won't get lost in the daily roll of this thread. Another idea is to make a thread containing the car color data that tez and joby have collected and create a system where we can keep a steady enough stream of paint chips coming in that everyone can run their own color without having to worry about running out of chips.
questions, comments, concerns, complaints?

We have lots of posts with people asking for paint chips. And a slew of people that happily spend the time duping and sending away chips. I was thinking it would be nice to do a little SNAIL trade market. Here you can post request for paints, cars, tickets and other items, all in an area designed for it, so the requests won't get lost in the daily roll of this thread. Another idea is to make a thread containing the car color data that tez and joby have collected and create a system where we can keep a steady enough stream of paint chips coming in that everyone can run their own color without having to worry about running out of chips.
👍

Love this idea. Very convenient for people who dont have alot of color chips they need to have the same colors each week. Driftin approves once again!

Upon further review, there's one section of that list in particular that stands out:
  • Team Builder
  • Club Builder
  • Coloring / Livery Editor
I guess the team in charge of those features really dropped the ball. 👎:ouch:

I'm not sure what the Team Builder and Club Builder would have entailed, but it'd nice to know what we're missing. On the other hand, the Livery Editor is a feature that we know exactly what we're missing out on. The Forza franchise has made sure of that! :irked:

From a marketing point of view we got the Coloring / Livery Editor.
We can paint our cars (with the retarded chips system) and edit the number on RM cars. :lol:

And stop talking about Forza, each time I see Forza's DLC, I weep in a corner and cry. :nervous:

I'm asking a question that I hope won't spur anyone on because most people are honorable. And that would be the topic of hybrids, on normal Sunday nights and practice night the answer would be clear, but for and Thursdays, what would stop someone bringing a hybrid into a lobby. As long as only the HP and PP are affected and no other parts added, theoretically, it wouldn't be tuned, I think. I have a number of hybrids that could fit the bill for this week (but as always I cannot participate, nor would I "cheat" as such). I would like this to be checked out. Just as a curiosity.

For me personally, I have made the open offer to just send a FR to LR-PR-JLBowler and tell me what you want when you need it. It has worked well for those that have done it. They can just send a PSN message to that account and I'll send the stuff over. Again, for me personally, I don't know how often I would look at another thread. I have enough trouble keeping up with this thread much less another one. If a dedicated thread was there for paints it could work for others but I would be happy to keep going the way I have been as well for anyone else who might need something.

Back