TURTLE RACING LEAGUE - ENDURO Racing Series - PRACTICE TONIGHT!

The S.N.A.I.L format doesn't look fun for me. I like the longer races and not the sprints. IMO there is more racecraft learned from the 30 minute plus races then the short 5-10 lap races.

Hard to argue with that in regards to the skill needed and gained in every aspect of racing during longer events that will never be learned running sprints.

Good racecraft as Snail and Turtle define it, is more about proper driving etiquette and that really doesn't change based on race length. I believe good racecraft, as it is defined, can be practiced and learned regardless of race length. The only difference is that in longer races driving precisely and cleanly becomes more difficult as the race drags on and that definitely challenges the drivers patience, which in turn challenges their ability to practice good racecraft.

Good practicing with you!

I have to admit, I was disappointed when I found out mic didn't pit, I was thinking I did really well if I could finish that close to him, lol!

Can't wait for Saturdays race, this is a great car and track combo!

jay*doc did you relise that I was waiting on you lastnight.
Thats a tough track if you are not sure which line is the fastest.

Yes and I really appreciate that, it does help having someone to follow. I notice a few turns I'm apexing early and it's kicking me out way wide, but I have started dialing in my entry's a little better. By the time the 15 lap race was over I was feeling better about it, i've just got to learn to stay off the brakes when not needed! I start slowing for turns too far out I think.

Also, presenting division 3 photos from GT-R at the Nurburgring 24h:

TURTLE RACING LEAGUE | ENDURO Racing Series

Race 30: Nurburgring 24h
Car: Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12
Laps: 5
Tires: Racing Hards
Date: March 9, 2013
Division: 3

No Turtle Gems this time gents, but be on the lookout in my next set! I tried a totally new editing method this time, let me know what you think.

Thanks!

jay*doc

Last edited:
7378158908_f219026f59_o.jpg
Turtle Racing League – ENDURO Racing Series​

Race 30: Nürburgring 24h
Car: Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12
Laps: 5
Tires: Racing Hards
Date: March 9, 2013
Prize: Level 20 Ticket

Division 1 - Race Results

Race 1

1st Place: micantony (Fast Lap - 8:42.698)
2nd Place: Psycho-Tuber (Fast Lap - 8:46.522 - Pole) +17.556
3rd Place: DREX81 (Fast Lap - 8:44.146) +21.211
4th Place: Garage-father (Fast Lap - 8:51.665) +1:28.909

Race 2

1st Place: DREX81 (Fast Lap - 8:43.595)
2nd Place: Psycho-Tuber (Fast Lap - 8:41.420) +.7.829
3rd Place: micantony (Fast Lap - 8:43.075) +7.916
4th Place: Garage-father (Fast Lap - 8:54.860) +1:11.919

Division 2 - Race Results

Race 1

1st Place: ThethirdRoy (Fast Lap - 8:56.460) +1:33.938
2nd Place: Scarecrow937 (Fast Lap - 8:49.206 - Pole) +1:45.354
3rd Place: FuManchu11 (Fast Lap - 9:00.964) +1:58.947
4th Place: mbobb1969 (Fast Lap - 9:04.446) +2:09.638
5th Place: GTP_tzracer (Fast Lap - 9:04.811) +2:23.102
6th Place: Ford-Racing99 (Fast Lap - 9:04.625) +2:28.755
7th Place: Johnny_Suede (Fast Lap - 9:05.391) +2:33.587

Race 2

1st Place: mbobb1969 (Fast Lap - 8:48.930) +28.849
2nd Place: Scarecrow937 (Fast Lap - 8:52.568) +1:19.863
3rd Place: GTP_tzracer (Fast Lap - 9:03.593) +1:43.637
4th Place: Johnny_Suede (Fast Lap - 8:57.609) +1:45.022
5th Place: ThethirdRoy (Fast Lap - 8:58.489) +1:45.239
6th Place: Ford-Racing99 (Fast Lap - 9:11.899) +2:47.064

FuManchu11 - DNF

Division 3 - Race Results

Race 1

1st Place: ph1sher (Fast Lap - 8:56.500 - Pole)
2nd Place: iceandspice (Fast Lap - 9:10.124) + 1:43.586
3rd Place: jaydoc_and_meech (Fast Lap - 9:32.497) Time Expired
4th Place: flesxruoyxllik (Fast Lap - 9:39.671) Time Expired

johnsom - DNF
redsox111820 - DNF

Race 2

1st Place: ph1sher (Fast Lap - 8:56.697)
2nd Place: jaydoc_and_meech (Fast Lap - 9:45.315) Time Expired

flesxruoyxllik - DNF
johnsom - DNS
iceandspice - DNS
redsox111820 - DNS

Division A - Race Results

Race 1

1st Place: JONNYHAHA88 (Fast Lap - 9:01.322) +18.558
2nd Place: livetiludye (Fast Lap - 9:06.220 - Pole) +2:15.995

Race 2

1st Place: livetiludye - (Fast Lap - 8:56.669) +35.195

JONNYHAHA88 - DNS

Final Results

Division 1

1st Place: Psycho-Tuber (92 Points - Pole)
2nd Place: micantony (90 Points ~ Tie Breaker 8:42.698)
3rd Place: DREX81 (90 Points ~ Tie Breaker 8:43.595)
4th Place: Garage-father (78 Points)

Division 2

1st Place: Scarecrow937 (92 Points - Pole)
2nd Place: mbobb1969 (87 Points)
3rd Place: ThethirdRoy (84 Points)
4th Place: GTP_tzracer (78 Points)
5th Place: Johnny_Suede (69 Points)
6th Place: Ford-Racing99 (66 Points)
7th Place: FuManch11 (42 Points)

Division 3

1st Place: ph1sher (100 Points - Pole and Two 1st Place Finishes)
2nd Place: jaydoc_and_meech (87 Points)
3rd Place: iceandspice (45 Points)
4th Place: flesxruoyxllik (39 Points)

Division A

1st Place: livetiludye (95 Points - Pole)
2nd Place: JONNYHAHA88 (48 Points)

Race Recap

Division 1: Psycho-Tuber, micantony, and DREX81 battled each other continuously in both races. It really came down to who crashed and when that made the difference. DREX81 crashed late in Race 1 and gathered up Psycho-Tuber which ensured micantony of the win. In Race 2 the last lap decided the race with DREX81 leading the entire lap and going pretty much unscathed. However, the battle for 2nd was fierce between Psycho-Tuber and micantony for the entire race but especially on the last lap. Psycho-Tuber gave up 2nd Place after spinning mid lap but it was micantonys late slip that put Psycho-Tuber on his heels coming out of the last turn before the straight. A very late draft pass by Psycho-Tuber secured 2nd Place by only .087 in the race and gave him 1st Place overall. micantony and DREX81 each ended up with 90 points, but micantony won the "Tie Breaker" and 2nd Place overall with DREX81 taking 3rd and Garage-father, who was suffering from a little "Ring Rust", ended up getting 4th Place.

Division 2: Congratulations to Scarecrow937 for his overall win! He did exactly what Psycho-Tuber did in Division 1. Two 2nd Place finishes and the Pole got him sole possession of 1st Place overall. mbobb1969 finished in 4th Place in Race 1, but his remarkably faster lap times and consistency in Race 2 could not be matched and he easily won Race 2 and 2nd Place overall. It was a tale of 2 races for ThethirdRoy. After winning Race 1 a 5th Place finish in Race 2 landed him in 3rd Place overall. GTP_tzracer put in 2 solid races which put him right in right in the middle of everything and a 4th Place finish overall. Johnny_Suede did much better in Race 2 than in Race 1 with a 4th Place finish. It was a 7th Place finish in Race 1 that earned him a 5th Place finish overall. Ford-Racing99 just wasn't feeling it at the ring. Two 6th Place finishes led to 6th Place overall. FuManchu11 had a very good Race 1 and was doing well in Race 2 when he was disconnected. Getting points from only 1 race landed him 7th Place overall.

Division 3: Congratulations to ph1sher with his 100 Point win! ph1sher had 2 great races and wins which earns him a spot on the Division 2 roster. jaydoc_and_meech took 2nd Place overall with 3rd Place finish in Race 1 and a 2nd Place finish in Race 2. iceandspice continues to do well in Race 1, but no points in Race 2 gets him a 3rd Place overall (does he know we have 2 races?). flesxruoyxllik finished Race 1 in 4th Place, but was not able to finish Race 2 and he finished in 4th Place overall. Unfortunately there were multiple disconnects in both races.

Division A: livetiludye was able to finish both races and dramatically improved his lap times in Race 2. Points from both races gets him 1st Place overall. JONNYHAHA88 won his first race with us in his first race with us. Points from only one races leads to 2nd Place overall.

Congratulations, great guys!

To me Cape Ring full is the 2nd most difficult track in the game. Cape Ring has about every corner you can imagine. From the practice I watched last night I saw many people overdrive turn 12 and 13. This is the medium right and uphil left about 1/2 a lap in. Some drivers were pushing so hard through 12 that it was pushing them very wide into turn 13 and leading to a very wide exit that kills the entry into turn 14 that leads to moderate straight.

In turn 13 a try to keep it tidy so that my turn 14 entry is not compromised, also being a bit more tentative in turn 12/13 will lead to better tire wear.

Just something I noticed last night.

To better visualize Choates advice:

Cape_Ring_Map_zpsedd473fd.png

Thanks for sharing info Choate!

Congratulations to the divisional winners and the individual race winners!! This race seemed work well for our league in that there were no clear dominating cars. The track is so long and so fast that a single wreck would really cost you or benefit you if you were the car waiting to make a pass. The endurance aspect of this race seem to wear on everybody a little bit more than our normal circuit races. See you guys on Saturday!

To me Cape Ring full is the 2nd most difficult track in the game. Cape Ring has about every corner you can imagine. From the practice I watched last night I saw many people overdrive turn 12 and 13. This is the medium right and uphil left about 1/2 a lap in. Some drivers were pushing so hard through 12 that it was pushing them very wide into turn 13 and leading to a very wide exit that kills the entry into turn 14 that leads to moderate straight.

In turn 13 a try to keep it tidy so that my turn 14 entry is not compromised, also being a bit more tentative in turn 12/13 will lead to better tire wear.

Just something I noticed last night.

Watching me shred through that section eh? LOL

and FYI, his turn #'s are one less than the map that got posted has listed in case anyone was lost.

Thanks for the advice as usual Choate

I had fun trying to get around that track with bald tires. But after lap 12 or 13, I was losing 30 seconds a lap:dopey:

Yes I was loosing alot of time myself. 10 laps is all were going to get out of tires without loosing lots of time, unless you're choate.

Watching me shred through that section eh? LOL
and FYI, his turn #'s are one less than the map that got posted has listed in case anyone was lost. QUOTE]

Micatony, it wasn't just you. Yeah the map that was posted is different then what I use, since to me turn 2 and 3 is just 1 corner.

In turn's 8 and 19, both of the hairpins I try diamonding to purposfully have slower apex speed but it delivers excellent traction for corner entry and exit. Both of the exits lead to the longer straights on the circuit so aligning yourself to gain an extra mph at the end of the straight is better than an extra mph in the middle of the corner. Don't forget it's all about average speed, 1 more second at 150 is faster than 1 more second at 65.

Also, you may find that dipping the inside front tires onto the other side of quite a few of the rumble strips will actually give you more grip for some insane reason. It's almost like the inside shoulder of the tire grabs the edge ofthe curb and helps the car turn.
In the Turkey corner (triple apex like the Istanbul track) Keep your eyes as forward as possible so you can anticipate what your car will need. I typically aim the car so that I can drag the brake a little and allow the friction of the tires to reduce the speed enough that it will still push my car wide so that my entry into the right/left switchback is on the money.

Last edited:
In the Turkey corner (triple apex like the Istanbul track) Keep your eyes as forward as possible so you can anticipate what your car will need. I typically aim the car so that I can drag the brake a little and allow the friction of the tires to reduce the speed enough that it will still push my car wide so that my entry into the right/left switchback is on the money.

That's one of those corners that when you hit it right it feels so SWEET! 👍; but when you don't it's chaos!:scared:

This is probably going to be the toughest race for me. Cape ring is a tough track to run with these cars, should be awesome though

7473352274_3f88fa4b4c_o.jpg

Turtle Racing League - Enduro Racing Series​

Special Class Race: Cape Ring
Car: Nissan Calsonic Impul GT-R '08 | Xanavi Nismo GT-R '08 | Yellowhat YMS Tomica GT-R '08
Laps: 38
Tires: Open
Date: March 16, 2013
Prize: Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) '09 0/0/0

The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports​
"It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free."

Rules

You are expected to follow The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports and adhere to the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules and exercise Good Racecraft at all times, especially in turn 1.

"Rubbin"

This is a non-contact sport. Let me put it another way, if you are "rubbin", you ain't racing in this league! We will not tolerate individual drivers taking the fun out of racing for everyone.

First Turn

You are not going to win the race on the 1st turn or the 1st lap. Therefore, it is the policy of this league for you to hold your position in turn 1. Holding your position in the first turn is limited to the first turn on the first lap. You must hold your position through the 1st turn and make no attempt to advance it unless the following situations occur: 1) The driver directly in front of you is asleep on the start. 2) The driver directly in front of you runs off course with at least 2 wheels off the track. 3) Obvious race incidents that must be avoided. Other drivers may draft past you before the approach to turn 1 if it can be done incident free. In other words, if you are able to fully draft past someone without incident or disruption to the other driver(s) with a reasonable distance before approaching the first turn you may. This rule is in place for 2 reason: (1) to avoid incidents in the first turn, and (2) so that drivers doing their part to avoid incidents in the 1st turn of are not taken advantage of. There is no sense in causing an incident in the congestion of the first turn. Furthermore, it is inappropriate to take advantage of other drivers doing their part to keep turn 1 incident free. If a complaint is filed, the decision we make will be one that promotes an incident free first turn.

Dive Bombing

Dive bombing is unacceptable, and only results in accidents. It is not the same as passing under braking. Dive-bombing is when a trailing car intentionally brakes late to dive underneath the car in front of them as they are turning into a corner. The trailing driver must move to the low groove for at least 3-4 seconds prior to corner entry, so that the leading driver can see the trailing drivers intentions in his mirror. However, running the low groove is not a guarantee that he will allow you to pass, it is only an indication that you wish to pass him on the low side.

Procedures

• Division 1 will race at 10pm Eastern in the TURTLE_Division1 lounge

• Division 2 will race at 10pm Eastern in the TURTLE_Division2 lounge

• Division 3 will race at 10pm Eastern in the TURTLE_Division3 lounge

Connection Issues

Please follow the procedures below to help minimize connection issues.

Step 1: Reboot your modem/router
Step 2: Reboot your PS3
Step 3: Clear your GT5 in game System Cache

Pit Stops

Drivers need to be very careful entering the race track when exiting the pit. Please look at your map to see if other drivers are near the pit exit. Drivers exiting the pit need to stay in the pit exit lane until the track is clear of cars on the track. Cars on the track have the right of way.

Quitting

Drivers are expected to finish races no matter what position they are in. Rage quitting is frowned upon! :grumpy:

Microphones

Although you are welcome to use microphones during the race, they should only be used to communicate your proximity to other drivers in order to avoid an incident. Otherwise, either mute them or make sure any background noise in non-existent.

Reminders

• Hold your position and do not attempt to advance it in turn 1 lap 1

• If you go off track make sure the track is clear before you re-enter

• If you cause an accident you must wait and give the position back

Race Incidents

Legitimate complaints are encouraged, they insure a better racing environment for everyone. Complaints should be addressed by "Private Message" to the race steward of the race in which the incident occurred. Please include race number, lap number, and time of incident. A ruling will be announced after a video review by an independent steward. All racing incidents or racing related issues shall be dealt with privately and under no circumstance mentioned publicly.

Final Note

Race Clean and Have Fun!

Last edited:
Guys! I'm far from home a few adult beverages deep. The Xanavi nismo is my all time hands down favorite car. My original was bought 2 years ago and now has 12,000 miles. By far the most used car by me personally. I was in a gt500 league. I've enjoyed these cars immensely. They are Insane. Sticks like a insect glue trap. I'd love to be there! I'd race every one of you until the wheels fell off! Enjoy the race

I was hoping to see some of you in Turtle Town after the race, but no one came. What happened? Were you guys pooped out at the end and decided not to go?

Otaku, we were all in division 2 room after the race since we combined division 1,2,3 together.

Great racing by everyone! Lot of fun! Especially battling with Garage and Scarecrow! Congrats to the division winners!

Guys! I'm far from home a few adult beverages deep. The Xanavi nismo is my all time hands down favorite car. My original was bought 2 years ago and now has 12,000 miles. By far the most used car by me personally. I was in a gt500 league. I've enjoyed these cars immensely. They are Insane. Sticks like a insect glue trap. I'd love to be there! I'd race every one of you until the wheels fell off! Enjoy the race

We hope you made it home safely. Oh, I remember you coming into the lobby now. Doh!

Great racing last night! I tried tinkering with the tires all week and never could come up with a strategy that made me comfortable. Then I ran out of fuel on lap 36! (FYI you cant fuel up on last lap). oh well lesson learned!The leaders ran a blistering pace! Hats off to the division and overall winners! Great race to all!

Back