650PP NASCAR Challenge

• Thread starter Argon
  • 188 comments
No Indy or Daytona for a Nascar event ! Hmmm !

Or even Motegi oval. Personally, I would have selected circuit courses like Suzuka, Gran Valley, Tsukaba, or even a version of the Ring. Don't know what they were thinking when they matched these cars with these tracks. Apparently PD knows nothing about NASCAR racing.

Here's my video for this weeks seasonal videos. Accidentally messed up the end, so its just blank for a few mins after the video, but nonetheless, hopefully it can help out anyone with trouble.

No Indy or Daytona for a Nascar event ! Hmmm !

We've all raced the bots at Indy and Daytona. Why would anyone want to do so again? I mean, they are nice enough (and appropriate) for the cars but garbage as gameplay. It's either blow them all away while they drive too slow or else artificially help them keep up (or slow yourself down to stay with them) and watch them try to kill you in their jumbled mess all race. TRM's oval could have been nice at least for the novelty but the best things about having NASCAR cars in GT5 are being able to race them at other places where they are actually fun to drive and running online where you can actually have a proper oval race.

Would be interesting if people could post their PP levels for each race.

Firstly, i won all races at 640pp with Fuji and Monza being simple wins, and consequently have re-done Monza at 625pp, taking the lead at the first chicane on the start of lap 5, and finishing 10 seconds ahead.

Cash prize for Monza at 625pp was 1,789,450 [PDA= 688,250]

I will be trying again with 600pp now.

Lvl 21 ticket was another Diablo for me.

macjackson
Can someone who placed first in London and Autumn Ring please post their tunes, I'm having troubles and I'm honestly doing better with the stock tune then with the tunes listed above ^

I put downforce to 5 from the top on both front and back and changed the top speed on transmission to around 160. Add extra traction control if you are really struggling. I won on the last corner with this setup.

Beat the event pretty easily with a 620pp Camry. London circuit took a few attempts, but I think it's because I haven't been around that course in a while. Lap times need to be consistently in the 50-51 seconds. Fuji and Monza were a snap. Pretty disappointed in my award car tho... a 2000 Camaro LM.

Pretty fun event though. I have to admit I had more fun with the stock cars than I thought I would. They cornered well and weren't the big lugs I'd thought they'd be. Then again it wasn't exactly like racing with a true GT car.

These days I'm pretty happy when it's anything other than 400pp compact cars. God those are the most boring, slogging piles of crap ever.

Or even Motegi oval. Personally, I would have selected circuit courses like Suzuka, Gran Valley, Tsukaba, or even a version of the Ring. Don't know what they were thinking when they matched these cars with these tracks. Apparently PD knows nothing about NASCAR racing.

SRF forced on won't even try it!

Had a go with a completely stock NASCAR. Upped the top speed by 1 click for monza, and was first place by the 4th lap. Probably done with this seasonal, it's far to easy, unless I severely lower the pp on my car

Like others, I really don't understand how PD decides which tracks to race the NASCARS on. Daytona and Indy would be the obvious ones. They ran an exhibition race at Twin Ring Motegi and even a few at Suzuka. All of those courses are in the game. Then you have Sears Point (Infineon) in GT4 that would have worked had they not decided to take it out of GT5. And I'm stumped as to why they've never added Watkins Glen into the series. It's one of the more well known U.S. road courses. At this point, it wouldn't surprise me that if they did one more NASCAR special event in the future, that they wouldn't have us flailing around Kart Space. :boggled:

Anyway, for those having trouble with any of the races, just keep digging. You'll eventually get it. And remember, the car is heavy. (Sorry, I had to) :D

Rit
I also notice that all the AI are 2010 model cars.Not a 2011 to be seen anywhere.I thought maybe they'd match you up if you went to a 2011 but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
QUOTE]

Almost everyone already knows that the Seasonal Events repeat the same order in which they appeared earlier. This new event though I was a bit surprised because this is the first Special Event that repeats.

These are two photos of a part of my document with all previous seasonal events that can be compared to the previous order of appearance and the latest seasonal events.
ZK67YGe.png
4U21yzW.png

But this latest event is the best proof that PD latest seasonal events creates a copy-paste method.

The first NASCAR event in the game appears before the 2.0 update, and so it could not have been NASCAR models from 2011.
And since this is just a copy of the old events with random changing tracks
even in this event, no new models from 2011. as the Typical opponent (s)
And the number of events themselves (4) is equal to that of the last NASCAR challenge, unlike the others where it is otherwise a fifth

All in all, a disappointing

This is an interesting post. Surprised that no one responded to it. It appears that PD is just re-doing all of the old events and they press a random track button the post.

This is an interesting post. Surprised that no one responded to it. It appears that PD is just re-doing all of the old events and they press a random track button the post.

Others finally notices now? Heh, finally I'm not the only one...

Only managed 5th at London yesterday so did the last two first for easy wins.

Did Autumn Ring today with little trouble but only managed 2nd at London a couple of times, until l remembered to shorten the gears. Didn't muck around, just put Max Speed (bottom) at minimum, 240km/h and it made a world of difference.

Also being a little more careful at the first corner helps and I was now going around it in 2nd instead of 1st.

Most laps were 50 something sec's although one was 51 and another 53.

And for all that effort I won a...da da...Danny Hamlin Camry. What more could a boy want, ha ha.

Oh, the tune was nearly identical to that one of Cargo's posted on the 1st page except aero was 60 - 50 and no ballast at 645PP.

Here are the times required, give or take:

London - 51.8, tough, need to stay away from walls
Autumn - 1:15.5, lots of corners to cut if needed
Fuji - 1:40.6. Patience will out
Monza - 1:48.6 , AI brakes very early

I'm not great but managed to win Fuji first time an Monza second time, getting too anxious at they last chicane. So these two are on the easy side. Used car from Spa TT with a couple clicks more top speed on the tranny.

Re: the repeating pattern of seasonals, well it is just a free marketing exercise, PD is not obliged to put too much effort into them and automating the process is sort of logical.

Monza @ 591PP....536hp....1565kg (no ballast) = $2,725,470...331,651 exp.

Best lap 1:44.8.

Just for fun tried Monza at lowest hp, 425.....559PP but only managed 4th after two runs (sore thumbs), over $1mil though.

Last edited:
Ew. Do not like these track choices like everyone else in this thread. They could have gone towards the ovals and an American track. Maybe even a fictional track with a lot of space and speed...but nope. Logic is not a necessity for PD. London and Autumn Ring. Fuji and Monza are alright, I guess, but not happy with these choices.

Did this seasonal last night. Only one that caused me trouble was London. Eventually decided just go with full down force front and back, and make the gears as short as possible, was in first about halfway round lap 7. Got a Cebera Speed 12 (or something along those lines) from my ticket.

will try Dalone's setup next :)

Actually this tune is mostly an old one of Cargo's.

However if you want to make a tad more $$$ you could use;

PP573 473hp (power 55.7%) 1565kg for $3,221,010 exp 391,050.

Good luck.

I ran Monza this morning at 570pp. Earned myself just over 3.4m credits! Using a Jeff Gordon 2011. I did have to cut the chicane, but for a grinding event, this is the best I have done!
Still stuck on London and Autumn Ring though.......................

So far have:
London 593PP
Autumn Ring 595PP

Could go lower on London (won by 2.3 on first 593PP attempt), but have had enough of it. Still planning to do more Autumn Ring. And of course the other two are to come.

Absolutely love this event even though I'm not the best at gt5 but I think it's easier than others.
For London and autum ring all I did was drop the top speed down and left everything else standard(ford) for the rest I took all the aero off wich brought the pp down to 610 and put the top speed up.
Tc set at 3
Abs set at 3
I was able to throw the car all over, hope this may help.
Also I got 2.06 million from Fuji.

i easy won every races at first time with camry ,but london i still cannot win :ouch:
Is any nascar car better than other for London circuit, or they are same ?( handling , acceleration)

i easy won every races at first time with camry ,but london i still cannot win :ouch:
Is any nascar car better than other for London circuit, or they are same ?( handling , acceleration)
Try dropping the top end speed, what I did find out was through the continuous turns 2 and 3 instead of braking and changing down to second gear just stay in 3rd gear and lift off instead of braking, this lets you carry the speed through to turn 4.👍

Back