<- BTCC -> Japanese Sports Coupé Cup - skengdigi is the Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 423 comments

Keep Spa DLC or replace with a non-DLC track?

• Keep Spa

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Replace Spa with a non-DLC track

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
do you want to hear the story of a 32nd man that has problems dishing out 2 coffees money due to economical crysys? :/

maybe in time i'll get it, but i'm sure many others have the same problem or just are against dlcs.

2 drivers isn't half the field karsten, but I do feel that if any more can't race then we should go non-DLC instead. I get your point about cost though, since personally I find the Motegi pack too expensive at the moment. That said, I probably will be getting it in the summer.

I guess the simplest way to sort it is to vote on it - keep Spa or replace it? I've put up a poll to vote, which closes on Tuesday.

Last edited:
2 drivers isn't half the field karsten, but I do feel that if any more can't race then we should go non-DLC instead. I get your point about cost though, since personally I find the Motegi pack too expensive at the moment. That said, I probably will be getting it in the summer.

I guess the simplest way to sort it is to vote on it - keep Spa or replace it? I've put up a poll to vote, which closes on Tuesday.

I've voted keep but unless I'm missing something haven't we already had a track vote for the calendar?

The fact it's in there is because it got voted in before the season started no?

It may seem harsh but imo if it got voted in at the start then it should stay as that's the whole point of the vote.

You shouldn't change a series once it's up and running unless there is a fundamental issue with the regs and in this case there's not.

Sorry

It's certainly an argument for everyone voting for the calendar, as I got very few votes before the season. Maybe 3 or 4 people... but, no matter how small the turnout, the results still count. So yeah, I'm aware it should be in and I've voted as such this time, but I'm just making sure we don't end up with a field of 8 or 9 when we could have 13 or 14. Chances are Spa will stay because most of us have it. Plus, this is precisely the kind of thing the drop score system is designed for, so I don't understand how it's an 'obvious disadvantage'.

Last edited:
I just said I will not be racing because I don't own the DLC. PS Store is not available in Romania and it is harder for me to buy something from there + Spa is available now just in the Complete Pack and it is a bit expensive for me, because I want just the track, I dont care about the paints, costumes and cars. I knew i wouldnt race when i signed up, so you dont have to change it.

It's certainly an argument for everyone voting for the calendar, as I got very few votes before the season. Maybe 3 or 4 people... but, no matter how small the turnout, the results still count. So yeah, I'm aware it should be in and I've voted as such this time, but I'm just making sure we don't end up with a field of 8 or 9 when we could have 13 or 14. Chances are Spa will stay because most of us have it. Plus, this is precisely the kind of thing the drop score system is designed for, so I don't understand how it's an 'obvious disadvantage'.

if few will attend the dlc race the worst it can happen to spa is for example ending 8th out of 8th while in other tracks you can end 15th.

I mean that it grants a far better chance for high points compared to other tracks.

I wont vote on the dlc matter for i would be biased. Concerning btcc5 no way we can use a premium alfa or one that can be found on the market? I seem to have zero luck lol

I wont vote on the dlc matter for i would be biased. Concerning btcc5 no way we can use a premium alfa or one that can be found on the market? I seem to have zero luck lol

Nope, every other Alfa is too slow, sadly. 👎

i'm unlucky i have the 156,164,gtv,155 and lots of older alfas but i miss the one we can use lol :D

Im afraid Im gonna have to pull out. PS3's almost always occupied and I barely have time to race anymore. The test race in indy was the last time I logged into GT5. I'll hope to be there for btcc 5. Sorry fellas. Have a good one.

Im afraid Im gonna have to pull out. PS3's almost always occupied and I barely have time to race anymore. The test race in indy was the last time I logged into GT5. I'll hope to be there for btcc 5. Sorry fellas. Have a good one.

Real shame buddy, you were looking properly quick in these cars!

Lounge open. 👍

A note to MSTER232 and II-NOVA-II - a no-show at Trial Mountain will mean your removal from the sign-ups list.

Was interesting night, think I did fastest lap (2:51.439) just a shame the phone rang in race 2 :( Lost 30 seconds, so 7th pretty pleasing. I've got a long shot at the championship now but I'm focused more on BTCC S5.👍

A note to MSTER232 and II-NOVA-II - a no-show at Trial Mountain will mean your removal from the sign-ups list.

Hey rolo, go ahead and drop me for this series. I had every intention on running this one, but things have been much busier for me lately, and being 2 pm thursday race time here in the US, its been hard to clear the time. Good luck to all, and hopefully I'll get a chance to get back at some point...take care.

Hey rolo, go ahead and drop me for this series. I had every intention on running this one, but things have been much busier for me lately, and being 2 pm thursday race time here in the US, its been hard to clear the time. Good luck to all, and hopefully I'll get a chance to get back at some point...take care.

No worries buddy, hope to see you again sometime soon. Thanks for letting me know :) 👍

Spa results and points will be up later today.

Results from Spa:

Race 1:

1. Yeratel84
2. skengdigi
3. Strawman__Andy
4. rolo912011
5. Third_Reign
6. Weezy_7
7. priesty_lfc

Race 2:

1. rolo912011
2. skengdigi
3. Yeratel84
4. Third_Reign
5. priesty_lfc
6. Weezy_7
7. Strawman__Andy
8. Jay_1086

Fastest Lap: Yeratel84 - 2:50.175

-----

Drivers on Probation:

Dimse91 has 4 penalty points - one more warning means a one-race ban.

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained. You may appeal.

-----

Points and Race 1 grid for Trial Mountain now up in post #2.

Back