<- BTCC -> Japanese Sports Coupé Cup - skengdigi is the Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 423 comments

Keep Spa DLC or replace with a non-DLC track?

• Keep Spa

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Replace Spa with a non-DLC track

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United Kingdom
Kent
rolo912011
LOGO_2_BTCC_Cars.JPG.png

presented by rolo912011 and skengD

Thursdays @ 7pm GMT - in rolo912011's lounge
(Lounge normally open by 6.30pm GMT)

BTCC Online Championship Hall of Fame:

BTCC Season 1 (Drivers): johnboy-1975 - Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04 - Piss Heads Racing
BTCC Season 1 (Teams): Piss Heads Racing - RacerPaul, johnboy-1975, gedi69 & cunny17

BTCC Season 2 (Drivers): killa_kandy - BMW 330i '05 - eBay Motors
BTCC Season 2 (Teams): eBay Motors - BMW 330i '05 - killa_kandy, JulleGaard & SKD420
BTCC Season 2 (Manufacturers): Audi - johnboy-1975, gedi69, cunny17 & JoeTruckV8
BTCC Season 2 (Independents): JoeTruckV8 - Audi S3 '02 - Gran Turismo All-Star

BTCC Season 3 (Drivers): gedi69 - Audi S4 '03 - Team V8 Turbo
BTCC Season 3 (Teams): Team V8 Turbo - Audi S4 '03 - cunny17, gedi69 & rolo912011
BTCC Season 3 (Manufacturers): Audi - rolo912011, gokartman, cunny17, gedi69 & johnboy-1975
BTCC Season 3 (Independents): karsten_beoulve - Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z '07 - Scuderia Fronzini

BTCC Season 4 (Drivers): Strawman__Andy - Honda Civic Type R '01 - SimTek (I)
BTCC Season 4 (Teams): Team IVTec - Honda Civic Type R '01/'04 - skengdigi, Weezy_7 & driftking18594
BTCC Season 4 (Manufacturers): Honda - skengdigi, Weezy_7, Strawman__Andy, MSTER232 & driftking18594
BTCC Season 4 (Indepedents): Strawman__Andy - Honda Civic Type R '01 - SimTek
BTCC Corsa Cup: skengdigi - Vauxhall Corsa Comfort 1.4 '01

---------------------------

A one-make spin off series of the popular midweek touring car series, BTCC Online Championship. :)

Car List, Rules & Regulations:

• Toyota-logo.jpg
    - Toyota 86 GT '12
    (207 BHP, 1230KG)
  • Subaru_S.png
    - Subaru BR-Z S '12
    (207 BHP, 1230KG)
  • logo32.gif
    - Scion FR-S '12
    (207 BHP, 1230KG)

Sports: Medium tyres.
Aero is banned.
Tuning Prohibited.
All cars must be stock.
Oil changes, engine overhauls and body rigidity restores from GT Auto are allowed.

Race Rules & Regulations:

Driving Aids: Prohibited except for Driving Line and ABS.
Tyre/Fuel Consumption - Very Fast
Damage - Light
Slipstream - Weak
Penalties - Off
Boost - Off
Grip - Real
Race Finish Delay - 180 seconds (you will not be classified if you do not finish within 3 minutes of the race winner)

Two approx. 20-minute races per week. 6 rounds over 6 weeks.

Drop Score System - each driver's worst score of the season will be dropped, meaning 5 scores out of 6 will count for the Cup. This allows drivers to miss a round without disadvantaging themselves.

Race 1 grid determined by reverse championship order, and will be completed manually in the lounge. The grid for the first round will be determined by reversing the BTCC-4 championship results. There must be no chat during the grid procedure. All drivers must wait in the pits until called.
Race 2 grid will be set to reversed based on Race 1 results.

Mandatory pit-stops and pit windows. Make sure your pit entries and exits are fair and safe! Any kind of incident must be avoided.

2 wheels on track at all times. No exceptions!

This series uses the GTP OLR Rules for acceptable conduct in racing, and these must be followed at all times!

Unnecessary in-race chat is not acceptable, and will be penalised!

Points System:

1st - 20 points
2nd - 17 points
3rd - 15 points
4th - 13 points
5th - 11 points
6th - 10 points
7th - 9 points
8th - 8 points
9th - 7 points
10th - 6 points
11th - 5 points
12th - 4 points
13th - 3 points
14th - 2 points
15th - 1 point

1 point for the Fastest Lap of both Race 1 and 2 combined

Penalty System & Stewards:

Stewards are rolo912011, skengdigi and priesty_lfc. Please PM the stewards via GTPlanet or PSN regarding on-track incidents. Do NOT publicly address the issue with the other driver(s) involved.

You will be issued a warning if your driving is perceived to be unacceptable in a certain incident - this means you are automatically given 2 penalty points.

You will be banned for one race meeting if you earn 6 penalty points during the season. (i.e. 3 warnings)

You will be banned for the rest of the season if you earn 10 penalty points during the season. (i.e. 5 warnings)

Time penalties are not normally associated with a warning, but it is at the stewards' discretion. If you have already received a warning during a race, you will be issued time penalties for any further rule breaks during that race (of at least 5 seconds each).

Pitting too early or too late incurs a 10-second penalty. Failing to pit at all means a 30-second penalty.

Off-track behaviours can also be penalised. Please respect other drivers off the track (on GTP or PSN), as well as on it. Championship points can be deducted if a drivers' behaviour is considered disrespectful or offensive. There are no maximum limits to the points deductions! We're all here to have fun and ultimately, we're all playing a video game. Let's all have good-spirited racing. :) 👍

Calendar:

1. Rome - 04/04/13

2. Spa - 11/04/13

3. Trial Mountain -18/04/13

4. Grand Valley Speedway - 25/04/13

5. Suzuka - 02/05/13

6. Fuji F - 09/05/13

---------------------------​

Drivers and Teams:​
(Last Update: 01-05-13)​

please add rolo912011 on PSN in order to race

- rolo912011 / rolo912011 / Toyota 86 GT '12

- skengD / skengdigi / Subaru BR-Z S '12

- wiseguy007 / Weezy_7 / Scion FR-S '12

- azidahaka / karsten_beoulve / Scion FR-S '12

- Strawman Andy / Strawman__Andy / Toyota 86 GT '12

- Yeratel84 / Yeratel84 / Toyota 86 GT '12

- priesty_lfc / priesty_lfc / Subaru BR-Z S '12

- MiuraSV / Jay_1086 / Toyota 86 GT '12

- Third Reign / Third_Reign / Subaru BR-Z S '12

- Scaniabebe / Scaniabebe / Toyota 86 GT '12

- hainuinimic / hainuinimic / Toyota 86 GT '12

- MrRossy46 / el_rossy_46 / Toyota 86 GT '12

- Esco87 / mosendtner / Scion FR-S '12

- sibbystiggy / TheOldStig / Scion FR-S '12

- - / TIMxMP4-26 / Toyota 86 GT '12

Total Drivers: 15 / 16
If you miss 3 consecutive rounds of the series without any reason or comment to let us know, either before or during your absence, then you will be removed from the series, and your space will be freed up for another driver.

Series Reserves:

If the series is full, don't worry, there will always be one or two places open each week due to people having lives! Sign-up as a reserve and we'll call you if there's space (first reserve has highest priority). 👍

---------------------------​

Last edited:
count me in. I'll take the scion.

Gotta ask, why the change to fast tyre wear???

👍

It's subject to change, so it could be Normal again, but I just feel the cars are too grippy for the tyres to wear out much on Normal. They're really quite easy to drive, in my view.

tuning prohibited sounds very cool, but how do you enforce the rule? or you just refer to parts tuning and not setups?

I love the idea of a Touring Car Championship for this...
Always loved the Touring Cars, wheel-to-wheel racing.

However, I'd like to offer some thoughts;

- Different tracks for different races, and a random weather setup (we may have to pit for wet tires).
- Maybe a night race in the season (like in 90s BTCC).
- A larger range of cars to take part (but there is a BHP/PP/Weight Limit), like Ford Focus, etc.
- Racing Tyres to be used within races, as it is a racing series, remember...
- Allow cars to be modified to Race Spec, but not to go higher than the PP Limit.

Apart from that, I love the ideas, and I think I might have to take part (being a huge BTCC fan myself)! :)

tuning prohibited sounds very cool, but how do you enforce the rule? or you just refer to parts tuning and not setups?

There is an option in the room settings that you can select; "tuning prohibited" 👍

Only settings you can change is the brake balance. You can still do oil change, engine/chassis rebuild and change the stock rims as well

- Different tracks for different races, and a random weather setup (we may have to pit for wet tires).
- Maybe a night race in the season (like in 90s BTCC).
- A larger range of cars to take part (but there is a BHP/PP/Weight Limit), like Ford Focus, etc.
- Racing Tyres to be used within races, as it is a racing series, remember...
- Allow cars to be modified to Race Spec, but not to go higher than the PP Limit.

Apart from that, I love the ideas, and I think I might have to take part (being a huge BTCC fan myself)! :)

1. Yes there could be a round with changeable weather, we have that in current BTCC.
2. Yes it's an idea in the pipeline for a night race. Likely to be Sarthe 2009.
3. We already do - see the BTCC-4 thread in 'Racing Series'. A long-established and fairly successful touring car series, of which this one-make championship is a spin-off.
4. Possibly, although even with Sports:Softs these cars are remarkably grippy it seems when stock. Racing tyres may be a step too far.
5. This series is a one-make, stock championship, so no tuning. 👍

I can put you down for a space if you'd like? :)

Having fun, karsten? :)

Tell me more about what you think of the car - enough power? Easy to drive?

it's very good and grippy. i feel that players with manual gearing will have a great advantage due to the uber long default gearing. the car is fast enough, drives well on wet (on nurb i was at 10% at night no prob) and behaves in a very predictable way.

The more you drive it more speed you find.

what about running a few laps rolo?

it's very good and grippy. i feel that players with manual gearing will have a great advantage due to the uber long default gearing. the car is fast enough, drives well on wet (on nurb i was at 10% at night no prob) and behaves in a very predictable way.

The more you drive it more speed you find.

what about running a few laps rolo?

I'm in my lounge 👍

The calendar has now been announced:

Calendar:

1. Grand Valley East - 04/04/13

2. Nurburgring GP/F - 11/04/13

3. Indianapolis Road Course - 18/04/13

4. Deep Forest - 25/04/13

5. Trial Mountain - 02/05/13

6. Spa - 09/05/13

It just seems to be the same tracks apperaring over and over again.....particularly in the case of Grand Valley & Deep Forrest.

Lots of other good tracks in there that we haven't raced on (or at least i haven't since i joined you guys on BTCC).

Fuji
Rome
Cape Ring
Laguna Seca (I know that one is to come this season)
Tokyp R246
Special Stage Route 5
Eiger Nordwand
Motegi (DLC - so not really convenient to pick it)
Cote D'Azur
Daytona Road Course

Don't change the track list just because of me :sly:. I enjoy racing with you guys so will more than likely be keeping my entry:tup:

Maybe we can do a vote for tracks for this series if we get enough participants.

Since its a short season , just an idea .

Tokyo would be a good track, plus its in Japan and this is a Japanese series with Japanese cars.💡

Done :)

Now moved to Racing Series forum, as this will be getting underway soon!

Calendar Vote:

Please PM me 6 tracks you would like to see in the calendar, in preference order.

I will score them using the old 10-6-4-3-2-1 F1 points system.

The 6 tracks with the most votes will form the calendar.

Voting ends 21st March!

Last edited:
Back