<- BTCC -> Japanese Sports Coupé Cup - skengdigi is the Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 423 comments

Keep Spa DLC or replace with a non-DLC track?

• Keep Spa

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Replace Spa with a non-DLC track

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think that a way to keep peoiple hooked even if they have no chance for a win would be forcing people to team up in a fashion like

The champion with the last one, the second to the second to last and so on. This way the fastest racers would help the slower improving and all teams would probably be very close to each other.

And even backmarkers would feel luseful or ruacing for something.

What do u guys think?

Results from Trial Mountain:

Race 1:

1. rolo912011
2. Strawman__Andy
3. el_rossy_46
4. Yeratel84
5. karsten_beoulve
6. hainuinimic
7. priesty_lfc
8. Third_Reign
9. skengdigi
10. Jay_1086
11. Weezy_7
12. Scaniabebe

Race 2:

1. skengdigi
2. Yeratel84
3. rolo912011
4. Strawman__Andy
5. karsten_beoulve
6. Third_Reign
7. priesty_lfc
8. Jay_1086
9. el_rossy_46
10. Weezy_7
DNF: hainuinimic
DNF: Scaniabebe

Fastest Lap: hainuinimic - 1:39.420

-----

Drivers on Probation:

Dimse91 has 4 penalty points - one more warning means a one-race ban.

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained. You may appeal.

-----

Points and Race 1 grid for Grand Valley Speedway now up in post #2.

Last edited:
I think that a way to keep peoiple hooked even if they have no chance for a win would be forcing people to team up in a fashion like

The champion with the last one, the second to the second to last and so on. This way the fastest racers would help the slower improving and all teams would probably be very close to each other.

And even backmarkers would feel luseful or ruacing for something.

What do u guys think?

How would you assign new drivers, and besides, I don't believe it's very often that teammates actually do 'driver training'.. setup work maybe, but I don't think it's often that involved.

I have had a teams idea for BTCC-5 which you might like though.

Last edited:
priesty has joined the Stewards' panel. 👍

----

Third_Reign's warning for the Race 2 collision with Andy has been thrown out on appeal, based on a majority decision (2 to remove the penalty, 1 to uphold it).

The general view is now that it was a racing incident, since it is extremely difficult to blame one driver over the other. The crash was, however, avoidable. If the crash had delayed or affected any other drivers then it would have meant a warning for both drivers.

My advice to all drivers is that if you find yourself approaching a high-speed chicane/switchback section, and you plan to go side-by-side, exercise discretion (particularly if you are the driver behind, since you can never be sure the driver ahead is going to believe you'll be bold enough to make the pass, and therefore look behind!). 99 times out of 100 there'll be a crash, and in the 1 time it does go cleanly you'll have slowed yourselves up far too much, which could cause further incidents. The races are long enough to delay the move to a safer part of the circuit. 👍

Last edited:
2:15.006 here, but more to come I'm sure. Hard to gain time here.

The races will be 9 laps, Pit Window 3 - 6. 👍

Hi
I would like to join BTCC, I know I can't be any factor in the championship but I would like to get a feeling for the race and see if it is a series that I would like to compete in for the next season.(should there be one.)

Hi
I would like to join BTCC, I know I can't be any factor in the championship but I would like to get a feeling for the race and see if it is a series that I would like to compete in for the next season.(should there be one.)

Certainly, welcome :) Which car will you drive for this series?

There will be another one - pre-season discussion here. 👍

Hi

Do you have any interest in running in the GT/BRZ/FRS mini series? (only have 3 races left)

Spaces have became available and some of the guys will be running in the BTCC series once it's up and running.

It should give you a gage on drivers you will be running against so you can decide if you wanna place on BTCC

Do you have any interest in running in the GT/BRZ/FRS mini series? (only have 3 races left)

Spaces have became available and some of the guys will be running in the BTCC series once it's up and running.

It should give you a gage on drivers you will be running against so you can decide if you wanna place on BTCC

Yeah I would like to run in the mini series, just me being stupid as I thought it was the BTCC:) But I would like to enter in a Scion. Do you need a colour for the car I am running?

Yeah I would like to run in the mini series, just me being stupid as I thought it was the BTCC:) But I would like to enter in a Scion. Do you need a colour for the car I am running?

Noted :)

Nah you don't need to specify your colour. 👍

OK I'll put you down for that now. Incidentally, there's now 3 Fords taken for BTCC-5, so only one Ford left!

Not much to say really apart from sharing lap times. There's no set-up work on these cars. I'm sure the field will be a good size again tomorrow. Nothing to do with DLC.

Yeh its just a show up and race series , not much need to practice .

Looking forward to this race though , just need to finish in front of Yeratel .

I need to get a few laps. I really need some luck tomorrow, my best points haul was when I was pushed off in both races.:rolleyes: Hopefully top 3 get my bad luck and I get their good luck otherwise I'm out of the championship

'Might' be a no show tonight, decorating taking longer than planned so by the time I've finished it might be to late.

:(

Will keep you posted but this will probably be my dropped round

Last edited:
Wild First Race..
Think I might have just tried a little too hard this race.

Still, good luck for the second.

Back