<- BTCC -> Japanese Sports Coupé Cup - skengdigi is the Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 423 comments

Keep Spa DLC or replace with a non-DLC track?

• Keep Spa

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Replace Spa with a non-DLC track

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you think it can be useful i can write up an article with suggestion for new drivers about how to defend against faster drivers or behave when under attack... And some general suggestions to avoid collisions.

With these cars you can carry more speed into corners then you believe. I found that out, I just went super quick in thinking I would crash and somehow I didn't, good front grip. Just about carrying speed throw the corners and going fast enough in.👍

Thankyou so much for ur advice, I did a 1.30.7 in my first lap after reading this 💡

I found that I had to trust the car more, yesterday I went into the corner slow, but i didn't come out fast cus I judged the car like any other car that would most likely go off with understeer If i stayed on the throttle but this doesn't,
I missed the apex on a few corners on the lap today so I know if I fixed them up, I will be in for 2 seconds a lap faster, im going back on it 👍

Have had a chance to look at the replays now......You were definitely not on my screen in race 2 Andy, so I do apologise for any incidents I caused:tup:

My internet connection must have been struggling last night as I couldn't see Scania in either race. There may have been others too who I couldn't see as the numbers in race seemed lower than I remember in the lobby....unusual as I haven't had any issues in the past with my internet.

Thankyou so much for ur advice, I did a 1.30.7 in my first lap after reading this 💡

I found that I had to trust the car more, yesterday I went into the corner slow, but i didn't come out fast cus I judged the car like any other car that would most likely go off with understeer If i stayed on the throttle but this doesn't,
I missed the apex on a few corners on the lap today so I know if I fixed them up, I will be in for 2 seconds a lap faster, im going back on it 👍
Yeah I think I struggle more since I drive more smoothly, but with these cars it does require you to throw it around a bit. I'm sure the more you practice the easier it will become, and with times like those you are quickly improving.👍
Have had a chance to look at the replays now......You were definitely not on my screen in race 2 Andy, so I do apologise for any incidents I caused:tup:

My internet connection must have been struggling last night as I couldn't see Scania in either race. There may have been others too who I couldn't see as the numbers in race seemed lower than I remember in the lobby....unusual as I haven't had any issues in the past with my internet.

At the time I was going mental, I couldn't pass you as you kept turning into me.:lol: One of those things, no one to blame.

As Fuji is the last race afterwards does anybody fancy having a go on the Nordschleife with these?

I reckon it would be pretty fun!

priesty_lfc
As Fuji is the last race afterwards does anybody fancy having a go on the Nordschleife with these?

I reckon it would be pretty fun!

Yeah I reckon that would be a fun race 👍

Results from Suzuka:

Race 1:

1. mosendtner
2. skengdigi
3. rolo912011
4. Strawman__Andy
5. Third_Reign
6. el_rossy_46
7. karsten_beoulve (warning)
8. Jay_1086
9. Scaniabebe
10. Weezy_7
11. TheOldStig (warning)
12. priesty_lfc
DNF: Yeratel84
DNF: TIMxMP4-26

Race 2:

1. skengdigi
2. Weezy_7
3. Scaniabebe
4. priesty_lfc
5. Strawman__Andy
6. karsten_beoulve
7. rolo912011
8. mosendtner
9. el_rossy_46
10. Jay_1086
11. Third_Reign
12. TheOldStig

Fastest Lap: Strawman__Andy - 2:28.322

-----

Drivers on Probation:

None.

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained. You may appeal.

-----

Points and Race 1 grid for Fuji F now up in post #2.

Last edited:
I believe, if my reasoning is correct, that skengdigi has won the title today...

If skeng doesn't race at Fuji (and so scores 0), or has his worst round of the season, that becomes his drop score, leaving him with the 171 points he's got now.

Yeratel has used his 0-score at Suzuka as his drop score, and even if he wins both races and takes Fastest Lap (and so scores 41 points), he'd only have 170 points.

Me and Andy wouldn't reach 160 points (after our drop score) if either of us made a clean sweep.

Of course if skeng doesn't have his worst round (and so scores 28 or more), that just strengthens his position further. He'd have a total score of 199 if he scored 28, and when you take away his worst score of 27 from that, he still has 172 points, so he would still win by 2 points if Yeratel clean sweeps Fuji.

Congratulations skeng! :gtpflag::cheers:

Last edited:
Shame about Yeratels last race and wheel issues , it has been a good series so far im sure fuji will be nice too .

Im excited for the new btcc season hope i can win that !!!

Congrats Skeng, very quick in those cars.👍

How the hell did I get the fastest lap?! I did no practice before and had only on hook on my wheel.:lol:

I've hit 2.29.224 on suzuka as my best lap time in the scion,
FUJI F Speedway is a cool track but hard to master some awkwardly shaped corners, my best lap time so far is 2.02.248, is that good?
I may not be in that race however, as my grandad has passed away today :'(
I will let you know if that is certainly the case, soon before the race.

FUJI F Speedway is a cool track but hard to master some awkwardly shaped corners, my best lap time so far is 2.02.248, is that good?

Much better at Suzuka 👍

2:02 sounds about right although I haven't had chance to run yet. Will do now so I can set the laps/pit window.

I may not be in that race however, as my grandad has passed away today :'(
I will let you know if that is certainly the case, soon before the race.

Sounds like a good lap to me...couldn't get anywhere near it.
Was only able to get down to 2:02.6xx yesterday on my third timed lap. So I know there is still time to be gained but I wasn't able to do it :(

I think this fuji race will be better than GVS , fuji is such a great race track .

Hope Yeratel got his wheel working , see you all later .

What time are people looking to get on tonight?

I haven't managed to run any laps yet due to extreme sunburn and being st sore to run in my chair and wheel :/ :(

Hoping to get on tonight from about 5.30ish if people are going to be about.....

I think this fuji race will be better than GVS , fuji is such a great race track .

Hope Yeratel got his wheel working , see you all later .

Even though my wheel and pedals are working fine again, I won't be able to race tonight...

Shame as just like Suzuka, Fuji is ranked very highly on my track preferences...

Good luck for tonight's race at Fuji - I will see you in my Rear View Mirrors! ;)
Yes, even though I hate Fuji; I'm fairly fast there...

Sorry rolo I won't be there either tonight. Thanks for organising the series it's been great.

OK Jay, no worries :) Hope to see you on track again some time 👍

Please Note: Excessive run-off use at Fuji will be penalised by time penalties!

el_rossy has definitely lost his race win in Race 2 due to weaving down the pit straight on the last lap. Plenty of other stuff to be dealt with too. Results should be up over the weekend. :)

Can someone send me the R2 replay please? Thanks.

Some guys need to look at the rule book. Weaving and div bombing was silly. It seems to be the same guys over and over again. I can race close with Rolo, Skeng and we rub but nothing bad. Some guys I don't trust, they dive bomb from so far back.

Back