FITT Tuner Car Shootout

:lol:

I see doc is making a return with the Celica from the original FF shootout. :D
The car is damn fast too. Not sure how he got a FF to be loose?
:D

When I was tuning it for the first shootout, ehm that was pre spec 2 if I remember right, I had a version which drifted through all corners if you managed to somehow hold the speed. Luckily the LSD allowed you to go full throttle without forcing it into dramatic understeer.

I don't know if you can remember my first shootout submission, but it was more oversteery than most RWD cars. Heck, it was the most enjoyable drive I ever had in a FWD car. You might wonder how I did it back those days, but to tell the truth, I actually made it a little less oversteering just minutes before the shootout. I simply feared it'd be too loose for some people who aren't used to it. :dopey:

Sadly the spec 2 update hurt it badly and the ride height patch killed it (literally).
Now, I don't know when they fixed toe again, but I was extremely surprised when I discovered this (2.12 perhaps?). The Trial wasn't dead, it only had a little cardiac arrest, waiting to get revived by docs car amulance! :dunce: (fancy, isn't it?)

It drives nowhere as cheecky and reckless as in its young days, but it came back in a more mature and versed shape. I'm talking way too much, I know.

Wait for my version doc it's coming soon :D . It's happen that I chose the same car and also I tune the other TRD but I don't know which I will enter today :dopey:

TRIAL CELICA SS-II (ZZT231) '03 490PP

picture.php

This car Made for the FITT Tuner Challenge . This car i tuned before and i have it in my garage i just adjust some numbers to work with sports hard tires and to the track . Also i put down the power as this car has 500PP on it . And this is the link for my old tune at my garage https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7855081#post7855081

-Displacement 1931 cc
-Max. Power 321HP / 8000rpm
-Max.Torque 239ft-lb /4300rpm
-Drivetrain FF
-Length 4335 mm
-Width 1735 mm
-Height 1305 mm
-Weight 1129 kg F 60 R 40
-Performance Points 490 PP
-Distance 1,503,1 MILES

SETTINGS :

Parts to buy ;

-Oil change
-Engine Overhaul
-Chassis Maintenance
-Weight Reduction Stage 2
-Window Weight Reduction
-Engine Tuning Stage 3
-Titanium Racing Exhaust
-Fully Customizable Transmission
-Adjustable LSD
-Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
-Tiers Sports Hard

TUNES ;

Weight Adjustment :
Ballast Amount (kg) : 113
Ballast Position : -50

Power Limiter :
Power Level : 92.2%

Transmission :
Gearing In this order please
Reset to Default
Set Final Gear to 5,500
Top Speed - 112MPH
1st - 2,955
2nd - 2,270
3rd - 1,822
4th - 1.504
5th - 1.276
6th - 1,103

-After that set final gear to 3.700
-IT Will Give Top Speed Up right 162 MPH

Suspension : Sports Hard Tires

-Ride Height : F -10 R -10
-Spring Rate : F 14.4 R 10.3
-Dampers (EX) : F 7 R 5
-Dampers (com) : F 6 R 6
-Anti Roll Bars : F 3 R 4
-Camber Angle : F 1.6 R 1.8
-Toe Angle : F -0,18 R 0,10

LSD :
Initial Torque : F 5 R 0
Acceleration Sensitivity : F 20 R 0
Braking Sensitivity : F 12 R 0

Aerodynamics
Downforce F 0 R 8

Brake Balance Controller ;
Front 5 Rear 7

I did 1:10.406 on Grand Valley East and i think i can make it 1:09.xxx . I will put the car on share now .

ND :dopey:

Last edited:
HellRaiser.jpg

Based on: Nismo Fairlady Z Z-Tune (Z33) '03
Acquired: Used Car Dealership

SPECS
Drivetrain: FR
Power: 600HP @ 6800
Torque: 473 ft-lbs @ 6600
Weight: 1250kg (52 / 48)
PP: 575

PARTS
GT Auto
-Oil Change
-Wheels: Volk CE28N (Light Bronze)

Tuning Shop
-Engine Tuning Stage III
-Sports Intake Manifold
-Sports Exhaust Manifold
-Titanium Racing Exhaust
-High RPM Turbo
-Adjustable LSD
-Fully Customizable Suspension
-Sports Soft Tires

SETTINGS
Aerodynamics
-Downforce: 0 / 7

Engine
-Power Limiter: 97.7%

Transmission (set after break-in)
-Final Drive: 5.000 (max)
-Top Speed: 124 MPH (min)
-1st Gear: 2.906
-2nd Gear: 2.131
-3rd Gear: 1.705
-4th Gear: 1.425
-5th Gear: 1.225
-6th Gear: 1.081
-Final Drive: 3.050

Drivetrain
-LSD Rear: 8 / 16 / 10

Suspension
-Ride Height: -10 / -10
-Spring Rate: 12.0 / 9.0
-Extension: 8 / 6
-Compression: 6 / 4
-Anti-Roll Bar: 5 / 3
-Camber: 1.9 / 0.8
-Toe: 0.12 / 0.10

Brakes
-Brake Balance: 6 / 4

DRIVING OPTIONS
Transmission: Optional
ABS: 1
Other Aids: OFF

If you can hang on long enough you'll have a hell of a ride in this monster. If not you may meet the devil face to face. :mischievous:

Slippery devils these 575 cars. FD was too slow, R32 I couldn't control and this was fast but very on-the-edge to drive at first blush. Got down to well below what I could manage in the VW in the low 1:03s. Bonus internet cookie if you can find the common thread between my two entries. :dopey:

Last edited:
Eliminator.jpg

Based on: Gran Turismo 350Z RS
Acquired: New Car Dealership

SPECS
Drivetrain: FR
Power: 350HP @ 7100
Torque: 284 ft-lbs @ 5000
Weight: 1450kg (52 / 48)
PP: 490

PARTS
GT Auto
-Oil Change
-Paint: AMG Monza Grau Magno
-Wheels: SSR Professor V (Black)

Tuning Shop
-Sports Exhaust
-Adjustable LSD
-Carbon Drive Shaft
-Fully Customizable Suspension
-Sports Hard Tires

SETTINGS
Aerodynamics
-Downforce: 5 / 5 (Front non-adjustable)

Engine
-Power Limiter: 88.5%

Transmission (set after break-in)
-Final Drive: 5.000 (max)
-Top Speed: 112 MPH (min)
-1st Gear: 3.080
-2nd Gear: 2.283
-3rd Gear: 1.835
-4th Gear: 1.550
-5th Gear: 1.340
-6th Gear: 1.181
-Final Drive: 3.170

Drivetrain
-LSD Rear: 10 / 22 / 8

Suspension
-Ride Height: -20 / -20
-Spring Rate: 12.0 / 9.5
-Extension: 8 / 6
-Compression: 6 / 4
-Anti-Roll Bar: 5 / 3
-Camber: 1.9 / 0.8
-Toe: 0.12 / 0.10

Brakes
-Brake Balance: 6 / 4

DRIVING OPTIONS
Transmission: Optional
Steering Sensitivity: 0
ABS: 1
Other Aids: OFF

Body by Opera. Power by Amuse. Tune by Baka. How can you go wrong? A stable ride through switchbacks and over curbs. Smooth and quick on the pedals. You should be on at least one of them at all times. Plenty of adjustability in the rear with downforce if it is too loose for your liking...after testing is done, of course.

After I tuned the Mine's Evo I pulled this out of the garage and had a run or ten, eventually clocking at least a quarter second quicker on a consistent basis with the tune on. Not afraid to put out there that I think this is one of the best tunes I've done, even including the rally car that Cy loves so much. :sly: In spite of the catastrophically ugly nose this is one of my favorites in GT5 and thank you to MCHami for giving us this event for me to rediscover this car. I hope everyone has as much fun driving it as I did tuning.

Last edited:
Ok, looks like I severely miscalculated how much time Exam-prep would take, but whatever, the R-Tune is ready and shared, and I think I've got all the testers?

Just don't expect anything like the RS4, this car is certainly A+ grade material, just not paired with the right tuner.

Ok, looks like I severely miscalculated how much time Exam-prep would take, but whatever, the R-Tune is ready and shared, and I think I've got all the testers?

Just don't expect anything like the RS4, this car is certainly A+ grade material, just not paired with the right tuner.

Sports Hard for 490PP isn't it?

Yes 490PP is sport hard. NewDriver will need to change his tires.

If anyone else needs today to get their cars posted, go ahead. Not many left playing GT5 right now, so want to give everyone a chance to get their entry in. Plus, I worked all weekend on my real world race car, so was too tired to post my tunes last night. Will try to post by tonight.

dr_slump
Oh damn, I didn't say it because of your tune. I said poor tuners because we have that many entries in this shootout.

:dopey:

Doc called me a poor tuner :(
*takes DS3 controller and goes home*

Last Call for 575PP and 490PP tunes. Johnnypenso, Onboy123, lilcat89 do you need a few more days to submit or are you sitting this one out?

Also, if anyone is interested in entering the Amuse S2000 R1 '04 bonus class, let's keep that open for a few weeks. Everyone will be testing the two official classes during that time. The R1 class should be just for fun.

Last Call for 575PP and 490PP tunes. Johnnypenso, Onboy123, lilcat89 do you need a few more days to submit or are you sitting this one out?

Also, if anyone is interested in entering the Amuse S2000 R1 '04 bonus class, let's keep that open for a few weeks. Everyone will be testing the two official classes during that time. The R1 class should be just for fun.

I'm getting the 575PP tune posted, just give me 5 minutes to get my PS3's start issues sorted. 👍 Unless you mean 490…In which case, I did say I'd sit it out. :lol:

575PP

After 15 laps each:

DigitalBaka - Nismo Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33) '03

1:04.126

Back-end kept stepping out on exit, when it didn't there was understeer. Braking was difficult, longer braking allowed sharper entry, but if I tried to brake a bit later and trail brake, the car just understeered off track.

DC - 5

Dr_Slump - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06

1:03.414

Unstable under braking, and some understeer on exit. But otherwise was okay.

DC - 7

iainoflo85 - High End Performance G37

1:04.314

Just not that fast. But at least it's not a BNR34.

krenkme - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06

1:03.212

A smidgen of understeer away from being absolutely perfect.

DC - 9.5

Motor City Hamilton - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06

1:03.278

Nearly perfect, but the braking was a bit unstable sometimes, and there was a smidgen of understeer.

DC - 8.5

Onboy123 - Nismo GT-R R Tune '99

1:03.588

Understeer is a major bummer on this car (and the brakes, but the understeer is worse) - it could be really good, but the understeer really makes it poor. The gearbox hasn't been fully utilised either and the two together could be holding the car back.

DC - 6.5

Praiano63 - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06

1:03.034

Absolutely spot-on. Just perfect. Nothing bad to say about it at all. And the only one that I could get .02 with, but it was a red-lap sadly.

DC - 10

robrabbitman - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06

1:03.553

Handling was spot-on, I cannot fault that, but the gearbox wasn't used to it's full potential and I felt that it could've needed more power. Exit acceleration felt good and fast, but overall speed was lacking.

DC - 9

trackripper123 - RUF CTR2 '96

1:03.772

Off-throttle instability in almost every situation and to top it off some understeer as well. If the brakes were better, and the car was more stable it could easily be the fastest car here.

DC - 4

VTiRoj - Blitz ER34 D1 Spec '04

1:04.735

Throttle sensitivity is too high for me, so exiting corners was really slow. Otherwise rather neutral, good under braking and off-throttle, but was just too hard to keep it under control in 1st-3rd gears.

DC - 5

xande1959 - HPA Motorsports FT565 twin turbo Audi TT

1:03.968

Turn-in was sluggish, on-throttle understeer specifically on the exit of corners slowed me down a bit and the gears felt strange, but otherwise handling was good. It just didn't feel fast enough.

DC - 7.5

__________________________________​

490PP

After 12 laps each:

biffa3 - Mine's Lancer Evolution VI '00

1:11.208

A really great tune, it just felt really comfortable for me, I cannot fault it. Nothing negative about this except the time, it's just not as fast as the S2000's.

DC - 10

DigitalBaka - Gran Turismo 350Z RS

1:10.920

A very nice car to drive, smooth and consistent, until you find the momentum oversteer coming out of the tunnel - it hits hard and you lose control pretty quickly. I think this tune would be a ten were it not for this. It could be power oversteer, or it could be the kerb after the tunnel or a bit of both, but it stopped the car from being brilliant.

DC - 9

Dr_Slump - Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03

1:11.515

Could've been a lovely car except for braking. It's just extremely unstable under braking into the first corner, I think I went off into the sand 8 out of the 12 laps that I did. And when I did manage to brake properly into the first corner the other parts proved difficult because of the understeer on exit.

DC - 3

HaoleHatingWRX - Mine's Lancer Evolution VI '00

1:11.441

Really nice car to drive, with a good tune, just held back by understeer. And the acceleration felt a bit sluggish, but this could have been the gearing - I wasn't hitting the redline before braking into the first corner.

DC - 6

iainoflo85 - Nismo Fairlady Z S-tune (Z33) '02

1:11.183

krenkme - RUF 3400S '00

1:11.469

This car was good, except the massive understeer. It really held it back from getting into the 1:10's. Otherwise it felt pretty good. It didn't feel fast, but the speedometer said otherwise.

DC - 8

Motor City Hamilton - Mugen S2000 '00

1:10.882

The time could've been better, I think, but the mid-corner understeer when on the throttle really bugged me. It pushed me off track so many times that the only way I could deal with it was to just coast to the apex and then throttle out.

DC - 7

NEWDRIVER2 - Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03

1:10.736

Not much to say about this one, it did better than I had expected for an FF, there was no understeer that I could find, the handling was pretty loose, but I liked it, it wasn't too much.

DC - 9.5

robrabbitman - Opera Performance S2000 '04

1:09.801

Ding, ding, ding! I think we have a winner! This car was just the cats pyjamas - there was a reason why I loved it before the shootout, it's awesome. The only thing stopping this tune getting a 12 was the brake-release oversteer, but I found a way of dealing with that pretty quickly, I just used a bit of throttle when I was lifting off the brakes. The handling was spot-on otherwise, no understeer and not too much oversteer, the turn-in was really great. Overall the best one in the whole shootout.

DC - 10

trackripper123 - RUF RGT '00

1:10.298

A very pleasant surprise after driving the CTR2 where the handling was on a knife edge all the time. The handling was much smoother with this one, but just enough wildness to go really fast. No understeer in this one, and the oversteer was just right for me.

DC - 9.5

VTiRoj - Nismo 270R '94

1:14.085

I gave up after 5 laps because I couldn't get to grips with the car at all. If it wasn't understeering badly it was oversteering even worse on exit. The other weird thing was the fact that one rear wheel would spin on exit and not the other. This slowed the car down and sometimes just spun it out.

DC - 2

xande1959 - RUF 3400S '00

1:11.602

Pretty good handling car, except for the understeer on certain corners - namely the corner at the start of sector 2 and the first part of the double-right-hander near the end. I think it also just lacked the speed of the other better cars.

DC - 6.5

Last edited:
I'm getting the 575PP tune posted, just give me 5 minutes to get my PS3's start issues sorted. 👍 Unless you mean 490…In which case, I did say I'd sit it out. :lol:

Yes. At the very least put the car on share and post the tune when you have more time this week.

5 N1 Bases.. gee whiz. Now I kind of wish I entered something a little more unique.. oh well. The results should be promising. 👍

I feel a bit daft for using my completely inferior R34 R-Tune as a base. :lol: I could have at least gone with some front areo, I'm like a full second off the Mine's cars.

Back