MXH's Tourist Trophy Gallery | 15.02.2015

• Thread starter MXH
  • 65 comments
Volume 8 - Real Life versus Tourist Trophy

This is not an ordinary update, as you might have noticed. Briefly, my idea was to
see if the game still lives up to its 2006 award for Best PS2 Simulation. So, I took
the liberty and made a comparative lap around Circuit de Valencia. This my first
ever attempt at it and there a few noticeable differences during the lap.

For more, check the description on YouTube.​

Last edited:
Thanks, Flex0r!

Wolfee666 brought the possibility of panorama pictures in Tourist Trophy to my attention earlier. And giving it a quick attempt, I got it right, at last. The teaser below is my first proper ''panorama'' picture ever and an example of what to expect of my upcoming set.

Enjoy!

OTlxmyM.png

Last edited:
Nice picture hyland I tried taking pictures there but could not get them to line up,how many pics is that 2 or 3?
nice work

Nice picture hyland I tried taking pictures there but could not get them to line up,how many pics is that 2 or 3?
nice work
That's about either 5, 6 or 7 9 pictures. I honestly can't remember besides that it isn't the most optimal spot for a panorama shot. I'm currently merging (using photomerge in Adobe Photoshop CS3) between 9 and 12 pictures for each one to get that proper panorama/widescreen look.

Last edited:
Volume 9 - Panorama Tour

XkRIQUo.png

9KH4LqJ.png

yI3RaVI.png

RZF7FRw.png

2Hr3Izt.png

kC5pEN3.png

YBTKM8S.png

SsmypW7.png

These are my first ever proper attempts at panorama pictures, let alone in Tourist Trophy. The pictures are resized (down from 4500-5000+ pixels in width) to fit the forum and for your convenience. Any sort of feedback is welcome.

Enjoy them!

Last edited:
FANTASTIC...!!! Hyland that is a work of genius,great work,I dont have photoshop I just use paint.net which is good enough for me..but what you have done is brilliant

b9PKtFV.png

Either way, thanks a lot! I really enjoyed making them.

Last edited:
Went through my USB stick and decided to dedicate an update for the photos that never made it. Enjoy.

Volume 10 - Honorable Mentions

2lH2Lnj.png

D6RiO4s.png

Wdgqo9P.png

qNIGwni.png

2bml1mw.png

UX69K8b.png

zi7DJH2.png

jsdzjLz.png

My PS2 is at last back in my possession and was about time I dusted off my copy of Tourist Trophy. A bit rusty with the photomode after the hiatus, but I hope they turned out alright nevertheless.

Volume 14 - Moriwaki Engineering

vHXrA5W.png

d4iG09v.png

h3sZMDQ.png

5C5PJOg.png

HNIrex8.png

yP3WLHj.png

Awesome pics, good to see there is still a passion alive for this game ;) 👍

I'm inclined to do the same, maybe tomorrow night now though.

Awesome pics, good to see there is still a passion alive for this game ;) 👍

I'm inclined to do the same, maybe tomorrow night now though.
Thanks! :)

I play it whenever I can. Too bad that the forums are a complete wasteland though.

Thanks hobbsy!

Besides resizing the pictures and adjusting the brightness as well the contrast in photoshop (since they vary most of the time, either being too dark or too bright in comparison to what I'm seeing on the TV screen), I don't touch them up in any other way.

Seeing the likes of Midfield Raceway and Costa Di Amalfi, along with those wonderful bikes, certainly brought back fond memories.

Back