◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,843 comments
Farrari 599

I am not very good at all with this track or this car. IMO, a less than stellar combo. This car would be fine on an actual oval, but at High Speed Ring, not so much. I am heading to D2 now to practice and see if I can put in some good laps because I think Oval racing would be awesome. If I join tonight it will be my first Tuesday Oval race. If I can't get the car to behave, I will just wait till next week to join. I don't want to just be in the way.

Hey Dragon, it's the number of weeks. I could see about adding the number of races.
Thanks. # of races is probably unnecessary, now that we know which it is. 👍

In that sheet I added notes on all the column headings, if you hover over the black triangle in the upper right corner of the cell, it should show up.
Sorry, I knew that from other column headings. :dunce:

Let me know if you can't see them 👍

I can.

To change topic. How is everyone doing in their 24 hour races so far? I am 3 hours in and I'm almost 2 laps ahead of the second place pescarolo. I have to pit every six laps due to me hauling serious ass and getting consistent 7:30 lap times. The weather looks like it is about to start raining though. I think it's awesome how this game calculates fuel mileage depending on how hard you push. Am gonna try to do a couple of more stints by the end of tonight.

Just finished 3rd stint (of race, not tonight's sessions) at 3:39:34 with a 3:10 gap. Rain still at 100% and no signs of letting up anytime soon. It's a good thing for me the AI sucks as bad as they do. Last night when I suspended it I was 4 minutes up. During this stint, the gap got down under a minute. Best lap now 9:24.870. Tried running with some music on, but I just couldn't hear the car and tires well enough to keep it between the curbs with any confidence.

And dragon. After writing 23 pages of essays this week. The last thing I want to do is check my spelling lol.

Wasn't gigging you about spelling. I know you know how to spell and I knew what you meant. Just bringing up the literary reference I'd recalled from the novel "It" by Stephen King. This is the internet and the year 2013 after all. 23 pages? :crazy:. Better you than me.

Last edited:

S.N.A.I.L. is proud to announce special product discounts for the following ButtKicker products from today through September 1, 2013.
This offer is only available to active members of S.N.A.I.L.

If you've considered making transducers part of your GT5 experience, now is the time. I drive with a pair of the ButtKicker Wireless Home Theater Kits, one each for the left and right channels and believe me, the experience is awesome.

PM me for details on how to claim your discount from the ButtKicker Gear Store!

ButtKicker Gamer2 * S.N.A.I.L. Price - $129.99 USD

ButtKicker Simulation Kit * S.N.A.I.L. Price - $169.99 USD

ButtKicker Wireless Home Theater Kit * S.N.A.I.L. Price - $379.99

* - Free shipping in the U.S.

Sorry zer0, couldn't wait for a top of the page post :scared:

Last edited:
:drool:

My wife is not gonna like me much. Or you either Kcheeb. ;)

On a side note, how are all you other 24hr endeavorers doing? I'm currently at 4:49:07, 4th pit with a 4 min gap. 🤬 this 🤬🤬 rain! I want a weather report! I've went so far as to turn TCS on and to 2 and ran the ABS to 5. Just to try and get more stable laps.

Dragonwhisky
:drool:

My wife is not gonna like me much. Or you either Kcheeb. ;)

On a side note, how are all you other 24hr endeavorers doing? I'm currently at 4:49:07, 4th pit with a 4 min gap. 🤬 this 🤬🤬 rain! I want a weather report! I've went so far as to turn TCS on and to 2 and ran the ABS to 5. Just to try and get more stable laps.

I'm about to give up. I haven't even started yet, because I can't find a car that I'm happy with.

I used to be able to throw down with the TDI like there was no tomorrow... What happened?

Edit. I'm going to put off the 24 hour until I'm level 40 so I can run the ring. I don't like la sarthe enough to do it. I've been working too much recently anyways.

Double edit. If I can find a good spot to setup up a rig over the summer I'll definitely be buying some butt kickers.

Last edited:
I know I will be, I was actually pricing some out last night. These, with some goodies from simvibe are in store for my rigs future.

The weather at Sarthe in my race is the same; 100% rain since the start and I have it suspended at just over 3:15. The front end of my car is a train wreck already so I hope the lights still work decently or I'm in big trouble in another few hours' time :scared:

So, I've been lurking a bit and decided to give this a shot.

I might not be able to race all the time but I'd like to give it a shot as time permits.

So, I've been lurking a bit and decided to give this a shot.

I might not be able to race all the time but I'd like to give it a shot as time permits.

Hi GTXf_Flat6fun,

Thanks for your interest! We would love to have you in the series. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

The weather at Sarthe in my race is the same; 100% rain since the start and I have it suspended at just over 3:15. The front end of my car is a train wreck already so I hope the lights still work decently or I'm in big trouble in another few hours' time :scared:

I am now 6:08:43 in, with a 6 minute gap, and it's full dark and still raining. Where the hell is the damn red flag? Suspending race for the night. Will see how many stints I can stand to do tomorrow. I don't know if it's because my front end is trashed as well, but with high beams on I can't see the road in front and low beams don't shine down the road far enough. Lap times are in the low to mid 10minutes now. Ran a 9:23.9 when I was messing with the TCS and ABS. I've got TCS off now and ABS set to 5. Makes the car much easier to slow down and so long as I wait to hit full throttle until past 120MPH the back end behaves, mostly. It's really weird how random spins just seem to occur. I swear I'm not heavy on the throttle and the car just decides to put me in the guardrail.

Which car are you using Tez?

So, any ideas for Wednesday night practice time slot since next Sunday is an off night?? Cat and Mouse at the Nurb? Maybe some NASCAR shenanigans?? I want to drive SOMETHING (other than my wife up the wall) !! Also, any ideas for the Sunday time slot yet?? I know I am shooting myself in the foot but an endurance race for Sunday would be pretty cool!! A couple of hours of light hearted silliness with your favorite vice??

So, any ideas for Wednesday night practice time slot since next Sunday is an off night?? Cat and Mouse at the Nurb? Maybe some NASCAR shenanigans?? I want to drive SOMETHING (other than my wife up the wall) !! Also, any ideas for the Sunday time slot yet?? I know I am shooting myself in the foot but an endurance race for Sunday would be pretty cool!! A couple of hours of light hearted silliness with your favorite vice??

Cat and Mouse sounds like a good idea! 👍

Zero or Kcheeb, could you log into D2. Go to my name and download the track I have in share. Then take that track and set it to share on D2. We are planning to use it for the Oval event next month. This will be an easier way to distribute it.

3/8 Left Hand Oval-

all others this track is a lot of fun for kart, drifting, and general time killing. ;) comes highly recommended.

Thank you

----------------------

As for the buttkicker deal, that's really cool. Anyone on the fence. DO IT!!! One the best add ons I've done. The gamer 2 can be so easily adapted to chairs, recliners, etc.

I need to get my butt in gear and do something for you all. The signage I spoke with Zero is for sure. Summer coming and ill have longer work hours with kids out of school. :)

Maybe design add an adapter to your line up. Hmm

May consider doing something as a give away. Just gotta decide what. Maybe some SNAIL key chains from billet aluminum. ;)

Lots to think about. You guys put in so much time and have provided an awesome racing experience. Be a pleasure to kick back showing appreciation.

------------------

Any combos been discussed or decided?

Last edited:
I am not very good at all with this track or this car. IMO, a less than stellar combo. This car would be fine on an actual oval, but at High Speed Ring, not so much. I am heading to D2 now to practice and see if I can put in some good laps because I think Oval racing would be awesome. If I join tonight it will be my first Tuesday Oval race. If I can't get the car to behave, I will just wait till next week to join. I don't want to just be in the way.

Well, considering I gave you the wrong tire choice, you certainly did well!!

Back