◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,774 comments
I've got my eye on using the BMW Z4. The typical cars in the race go down to 463pp and the Z4 is at 414 before break in. I'll run it on sports hard tires if I go that way. Still open to other suggestions though. I will probably run it a little later tonight.

Right now, I've got a few minutes to kill so I think I'll run the SNAIL time trial and send my time into KCheeb. Goat mentioned it and I realized that I've never run the thing except for that dark month when I had to switch to a controller because my DFGT was acting up.

JLBowler
I haven't done any of the endurance races on my current account. I did all but the two 24hr races on my first account. I'm thinking I'll go ahead and start with the Grand Valley 300k. Does anyone have any suggestions for cars to use to make it a challenge? I'll run the race with one of the suggestions if you guys care to make any.

The cappuccino rm on sports soft can do it on one tank of gas and one set of tires. It's fast enough to win too. Just put on a couple power parts (no turbos they ruin gas mileage), raise the downforce a little, and hit it!

flesxruoyxllik
Can somebody please confirm which Peugeot we are using, team oreca or team Peugeot?

They're the same. Gt5 would rather put two in there than let you choose a livery.

What are we doing Sunday night? X Event? New combos? Touge?

So far I only had Dabneyd showing interest for X-Event. In case people missed it due to the number of posts yesterday...

Using any of the X2010s. Tuning Prohibited.

Please sign up in the X-Event thread if you are interested.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw

So far we have

Oshawa-Joe
Dabneyd
KCheeb
OwensRacing

Who else is in for Sunday night at 10pm?

I will try to open a practice room and run through the combos tonight.

FYI, I think the Vettel version might be the best one to use because of the gearing, but haven't tested it out yet.

So did a little practice tonight...

2:05.632 at Spa
1:32.472 at Rome Reverse

Boy the 908 is so tail happy. Took me awhile with it to get that time. I think it is all about throttle control, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Excellent, will update that too!

@Joe not sure if I can make it tonight, hope so.

If I can, practice would be from 11pm to 12:30am Eastern. Everyone would be welcome to drop in.

@kcheeb, what Division lounge does everyone have available to them?

Oshawa-Joe
If I can, practice would be from 11pm to 12:30am Eastern. Everyone would be welcome to drop in.

D1 is the most populated, D2 is the next. Not sure if anyone is using D2 tonight, maybe RUFTARN?

D2 would be best, that way we're not hijacking Sunday practice, but only if RUFTARN isn't using it.

I can add people, as long as I know before we start.

EDIT: 11:00 EDT gives me a better chance 👍

Last edited:
All this 24hr racing got me thinking that maybe we should organize a snail 24 hr race. The idea would be that we'd get people who were local to each other to go to someones house and have a 24 hr race against other teams of snails. You could have teams of four to six people. We could do it on the same day and time as the 24 hr of lemans. Anyone interested?

All this 24hr racing got me thinking that maybe we should organize a snail 24 hr race. The idea would be that we'd get people who were local to each other to go to someones house and have a 24 hr race against other teams of snails. You could have teams of four to six people. We could do it on the same day and time as the 24 hr of Le Mans. Anyone interested?

I was thinking about Snail Special Event Racing to mirror real world, real time races. Like maybe the Snail Freedom 100 at IMS or something along those lines.

But first things first.... 14 hours in at Le Mans and although the sun has come up it is still overcast and the rain has been coming down in buckets for 9 of those hours. My pit crew hasn't reapplied RAIN-X and trying to drive cockpit cam is making me feel like I have a old fashioned diving helmet on.

p.s. What are the limitations on setting the lounge up? I think you have to set the lap count for the race, I don't think you can set infinite laps while in a lobby or lounge. Is it 200 laps?

Last edited:
All this 24hr racing got me thinking that maybe we should organize a snail 24 hr race. The idea would be that we'd get people who were local to each other to go to someones house and have a 24 hr race against other teams of snails. You could have teams of four to six people. We could do it on the same day and time as the 24 hr of lemans. Anyone interested?

This would be an amazing thing. Great way to meet our SNAIL friends in the area. I could probably sneak away for 8 hours and take a few shifts at the wheel.

This sounds great, but I don't think anyone is close to me. :grumpy:

I would like to join this league. What do I do?
First of all, welcome to GTPlanet!!

Hi TopEnd,

Thanks for your interest! We would love to have you in our league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I was thinking about Snail Special Event Racing to mirror real world, real time races. Like maybe the Snail Freedom 100 at IMS or something along those lines.

But first things first.... 14 hours in at Le Mans and although the sun has come up it is still overcast and the rain has been coming down in buckets for 9 of those hours. My pit crew hasn't reapplied RAIN-X and trying to drive cockpit cam is making me feel like I have a old fashioned diving helmet on.

p.s. What are the limitations on setting the lounge up? I think you have to set the lap count for the race, I don't think you can set infinite laps while in a lobby or lounge. Is it 200 laps?

That's a good question. Is anyone who's not doing a 24 hr race able to look and see what the max laps actually is online? If it is 200 it might just have to be a race at the nurb. I think I'm going to start a thread for this idea and see if it takes off. Here's the page: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8506824#post8506824 If someone wanted to try to iron man it they could do that or if they didn't have many team mates that could work also as long as they were going to try for the 24hrs.

Also I will be starting another thread for the SNAIL GT Academy Academy thing I mentioned earlier. Probably will do that in the next day or so.

Last edited:
Oshawa-Joe

Hey Joe, you able to practice? Seems D2 is free, we can meet there for some X2010 👍

Back