GPR's Gallery - GT5 Farewell - Set 4 - The Finale

• Thread starter GPR
  • 919 comments
Those are some entries, George. I'm still completely baffled by the fact that your latest 3.0 shot only has 4 votes. Anyway, congrats on your win in the week 9 comp!👍

Wow, your Veyron vs Eurofighter Typhoon, is shaking my mouse :) Efficient editing !! Sleek in Spa looks like some official promotional picture. Hot form could stand as a painting, and the C30R edit is nicely done, pleasent hybrid two colors idea (I want a 850 TR premium GT6 car). Bravo George.

Bravo George :cheers:

Those are some entries, George. I'm still completely baffled by the fact that your latest 3.0 shot only has 4 votes. Anyway, congrats on your win in the week 9 comp!👍

Thanks very much mate. Well I can't win them all, but I was hoping it would do better than it did in the end. Yours was a great one it shows in the votes. 👍

Wow, your Veyron vs Eurofighter Typhoon, is shaking my mouse :) Efficient editing !! Sleek in Spa looks like some official promotional picture. Hot form could stand as a painting, and the C30R edit is nicely done, pleasent hybrid two colors idea (I want a 850 TR premium GT6 car). Bravo George.

Bravo George :cheers:

Wow, why thank you very much HaerBev for the great comment. Glad you like all of them so much. :D 👍

the Volvo is very :drool:

:D Thanks, it does look pretty sweet for a Volvo. ;)

I haven't posted much in a while and I'm afraid I stil don't have a brand new official set. :guilty:

But here is my latest batch from the Cutting Room Floor. As always with this segment these shots are ones I chose not to go with for a few competitions but still felt they were nice enough to post. Hope you enjoy them.

The Cutting Room Floor - Set 5

Click for larger images.

Black & White Edition

Beautiful tones George - what an amazing set. The second shot really caught my eye with the deep tones, creative composition and sense of speed, but they are all artfully done. 👍

George, that's a real pleasure to discover all your work since my last visit. I'm always impressed by the huge work on each of your 3.0 entry. The Veyron vs Eurofighter Typhoon is awesome but "alienware" and the last volvo edit are also really good.
Very nice work on the classy italian pic (2.0 Wk 124), love the toning. "Summer Breeze" is beautiful with a great mood.
"Hot Form" is awesome, i love this kind of work, and so i also love the rejected one.
And As usual the cutting room is full of awesome work ;)
Great work George.

Beautiful tones George - what an amazing set. The second shot really caught my eye with the deep tones, creative composition and sense of speed, but they are all artfully done. 👍
I have to agree with Primus Ortus. That shot stood out from the rest for me, as well. The colours are vibrant, the sense of motion is transported to the contemplator very well, the contrasts are great, the lighting emphasizes the smooth colour transitions and the composition is simply stunning. 👍 👍 👍

Tones are perfect and the compositions are very interesting - that's completely normal in this gallery, George! :drool:👍

Wow these are all utterly brilliant! :drool:

Cheers Nathan, such high praise. :D :cheers:

Thanks Primus, I do love my tones. That second shot was the other shot I was considering as my final CCCL entry that week, was hard to choose. Thanks for the great comment. 👍

George, that's a real pleasure to discover all your work since my last visit. I'm always impressed by the huge work on each of your 3.0 entry. The Veyron vs Eurofighter Typhoon is awesome but "alienware" and the last volvo edit are also really good.
Very nice work on the classy italian pic (2.0 Wk 124), love the toning. "Summer Breeze" is beautiful with a great mood.
"Hot Form" is awesome, i love this kind of work, and so i also love the rejected one.
And As usual the cutting room is full of awesome work ;)
Great work George.

Thank you very much Jeremy, I really apprecaite the awesome comment and I'm glad you had some time to look back to see some of the stuff you missed and that you like them. 👍 I have done pretty well in the comps with most of them too so pretty happy about that. Your always a welcome visitor in here. I look forward to your next works my friend. 👍 :cheers:

I have to agree with Primus Ortus. That shot stood out from the rest for me, as well. The colours are vibrant, the sense of motion is transported to the contemplator very well, the contrasts are great, the lighting emphasizes the smooth colour transitions and the composition is simply stunning. 👍 👍 👍

Seems like even if I had gone with that shot in the CCCL I may have got a win wioth it also. ;) It is one of my favs of the bunch there also. 👍

Tones are perfect and the compositions are very interesting - that's completely normal in this gallery, George! :drool:👍

:D Many thanks Ciro, happy you enjoyed them. 👍

Lovely pictures all around. My favorite is the coloured Corvette.
I do think that the Maserati is too dark in the first picture and clashes with the bright toning of the background.
Which is a shame because the bright toning of the background looks great.

Lovely pictures all around. My favorite is the coloured Corvette.
I do think that the Maserati is too dark in the first picture and clashes with the bright toning of the background.
Which is a shame because the bright toning of the background looks great.

Thanks man. I can see your point about the Mas shot. I quite liked the deep intensity of the car myself but I suppose I felt it was a bit unbalanced with the bright surrounding area which is why I added the black border to help give it more balance. But your feedback is very much welcome. 👍

Love the first TT shot. Great lighting with a great sense of motion.
Shooting a black car is hard, and the first shot shows why. The details in the maserati are washed up.
Other than that, great set all around.

Love the first TT shot. Great lighting with a great sense of motion.
Shooting a black car is hard, and the first shot shows why. The details in the maserati are washed up.
Other than that, great set all around.

Thanks Boabdulrahman, that first shot sure seem like a winner. ;) And I appreciate your feedback on the Mas shot. I see what you mean, I personally didn't see it as washed up and sort of liked the extreme contrast of it from the bright background but I know this is very unrealistic. Anyway thanks again. 👍

Hey everyone, just another small update of comp entries. Of which I'm sure many of you have already seen.

Did pretty well with my Appletree green Vette and I'm very happy with my shot there. Also 2nd place in the Secret Santa comp with my Black Stang, it also was the first time I've entered that particular comp.

Also have gone for a bit of a different style/look with my Speed 8 entry, a bit more gritty intense contrast, hope you guys like it.

2.0 Wk 129

American Appletree

2.0 Wk 130

Amusement

Secret Santa Wk 104

Black Beauty

CCCL Wk 116

London Attitude

Last edited:
Very nice minimalistic Maserati shot, nice sense of speed and suspension work effect. The first TT picture shows the seats in a greater shape than ever. Modern artistic work with the fifth pic, looking like a painting. The two old Vette left rear are the strong part of the update, soft and elegant, efficiently edited with a delicious greenish harmonization, the b&w is impressive.

American Appletree and its quiet toning, yes I love it ! Amuse shows a camera angle the way I like, nicely edited into the realistic range, dynamic at its best ! Black Beauty is my fav, first coz this car rocks, secondly coz a shiny and classy black car shot is quite hard to get, eerie green sky and sens of speed the way it shall be. London Attitude shoud be renamed "The radical urban extreme London speed" as it kick ass, some kind of hdr-ish edit, wisely done. Bravo George 👍

That Mustang shot is brilliant George. Looks very real mate. 👍

Thanks very much Lee, nice to hear that, I thought it looked quite so too. 👍 :)

Love your entries GPR. Nice gritty feel to the London shot - the sense of speed really pulled me in.

Thanks Primus, you pretty much summed up what I was hoping to achieve with the speed 8 shot. So i'm pretty happy I hit the mark in your eyes. 👍 :D

Very nice minimalistic Maserati shot, nice sense of speed and suspension work effect. The first TT picture shows the seats in a greater shape than ever. Modern artistic work with the fifth pic, looking like a painting. The two old Vette left rear are the strong part of the update, soft and elegant, efficiently edited with a delicious greenish harmonization, the b&w is impressive.

American Appletree and its quiet toning, yes I love it ! Amuse shows a camera angle the way I like, nicely edited into the realistic range, dynamic at its best ! Black Beauty is my fav, first coz this car rocks, secondly coz a shiny and classy black car shot is quite hard to get, eerie green sky and sens of speed the way it shall be. London Attitude shoud be renamed "The radical urban extreme London speed" as it kick ass, some kind of hdr-ish edit, wisely done. Bravo George 👍

Many thanks HaerBev, I really appreciate the detailed and excellent comments and your appreciation for these pieces. Glad you really like so many especially London Attitude. I rarely do pieces that wide and since your a panorama king it's great to see you like it. I guess it does sort of have a HDR-ish feel even though that wasn't my intention. 👍 :cheers:

Excellent work with the Mustang shot, it is Amazing :drool:

Thanks el fayce, certainly looks great in a glossy black. 👍

Cheers guys! :cheers:

Last edited:
Excellent work, George.

The first shot has an interesting composition to it. I like how you went for colder tones with regard to the shadows - in combination with the flawless lighting and depth of field, the car body is being accentuated very well.

Pictures #2 and #3, on the other hand, both provide what one would expect from you: excellent lighting and contrast, realistic compositions, exceptionally good toning and a great sense of motion.

And then we have the fourth photo... First of all, I'm a huge fan of the lighting and the decreased colour saturation. Both road and background blur are smooth and emphasize the speed of the car in a convenient way. The sky is looking realistic and forms a great contrast to the rather dark buildings found in the background. Additionally, the vignetting further improves the sense of motion, which is already being transported to the contemplator in a very nice way thanks to the composition of the image.

👍

Excellent work, George.

The first shot has an interesting composition to it. I like how you went for colder tones with regard to the shadows - in combination with the flawless lighting and depth of field, the car body is being accentuated very well.

Pictures #2 and #3, on the other hand, both provide what one would expect from you: excellent lighting and contrast, realistic compositions, exceptionally good toning and a great sense of motion.

And then we have the fourth photo... First of all, I'm a huge fan of the lighting and the decreased colour saturation. Both road and background blur are smooth and emphasize the speed of the car in a convenient way. The sky is looking realistic and forms a great contrast to the rather dark buildings found in the background. Additionally, the vignetting further improves the sense of motion, which is already being transported to the contemplator in a very nice way thanks to the composition of the image.

👍

Thanks very much Nenad, your break down of each shot is always great to read and interesting to see what elements you like about each shot and why. 👍 👍

Really happy you like the Speed 8 in London shot, it's not my usual style but I think it turned out pretty well. :)

"American Appletree" is typically the kind of things i love in your work. A photo that looks simple but which is in fact controlled in the smallest detail. Awesome coposition with an excellent choice of tones and a great light. Splendid bokeh also 👍

The mustang one is my other favorite in this last set. A warm mood and a reallistic aspect at the same time, that's not easy to produce. You've succeed 👍

I also like very much the two others ;)

"American Appletree" is typically the kind of things i love in your work. A photo that looks simple but which is in fact controlled in the smallest detail. Awesome coposition with an excellent choice of tones and a great light. Splendid bokeh also 👍

The mustang one is my other favorite in this last set. A warm mood and a reallistic aspect at the same time, that's not easy to produce. You've succeed 👍

I also like very much the two others ;)

Thanks very much Jeremy, I really appreciate the great comment. I hope to keep coming up with quality shots like these, particularly the 2 you mention. :) 👍

Thanks again mate. :cheers:

Last edited:
8821338610_35108e2d3e_z.jpg

OMG this one is so awesome :drool: :drool: :drool:

Love your SS wk 104 entry and probably most of your shots :lol:
Excellent work, George. 👍👍👍

Your entries are amazing, but, could you only display your photos in your gallery and not in the photomode competitions, please? Just to make it easier for the competitors. :sly:

Wow. I'm just...amazed and stunned at how subtle you can make every photo of yours look so damn amazing. Just...really, I'm left speechless. :drool:

Back