◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,788 comments
Qualities of a race a good race steward:

-has a good reputation within the community
-helpful in answering questions
-good understanding of the SNAIL OLR and Good Racecraft Guide
-committed to the efforts and time required in maintaining the league

Being a Snail Steward is a privilege and responsibility. State your case to Zero for being accepted.

(nowhere does it say you have to be very fast or an expert. You simply must be committed to learning, and putting in the effort in maintaining the principles and values of the league (see first post) by applying the SNAIL OLR and Good Racecraft Guide)

Last edited:
Hey Joe I saw you mention this league in the FMSC5 thread and thought I would join up. What's the next step for a new member aside from buying the current car lineup and breaking them in?

Hey Joe I saw you mention this league in the FMSC5 thread and thought I would join up. What's the next step for a new member aside from buying the current car lineup and breaking them in?

Check out 4 posts above yours, #30376. It has the info you need to get started and Skills will post your official instructions as soon as he can.

Hi brandofo,

Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league and if you hurry and complete the time trial you'll be able to race tonight with us!
Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in a visitors message here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Funny story guys:
I just drove by a Volvo dealership and all the nice Volvo's are lined up next to each other. I spot a Nissan GT-R and mistaken it for a Volvo. GT-R's look alot like Volvo's when they're lined up next to each other. :lol:

brandofo

Welcome to SNAIL SPEC Racing Brandofo. Let me know if you plan on racing tonight but are missing cars. Not much time left to break in 3 new cars and practice. Post what you need.

Last edited:
2 things I am not able to do in GT5, drift and kart.

Trying to push into the 37s often results in crashing. 38s seem to be my safe limit. I just don't get it. I'm obviously doing something fundamentally wrong with it. Any suggestions.

Hey S.N.A.I.L.'s want to wish all the fathers out there a Happy Fathers Day 👍

And let you know about a couple of things.

1. I'm unavailable from 1:00 P.M. EDT to about 21:30 EDT. If you have any questions, please post here and I'm sure you'll get help from any one of our Seasoned S.N.A.I.L.'s :)

2. There's the potential for overflow in the Divisions tonight. Worst case scenario, good problem to have, is listed below. The Divisions I'm most concerned about are D5 & D4. They had an outstanding turnout last week and could very well have another.

D1 - 16
D2 - 13
D3 - 15
D4 - 16
D5 - 19

If you are unable to get into your assigned Division Lounge tonight, please post in this thread. We'll shuffle some drivers to make room and get everyone racing.

Division Directors, if you can keep everyone informed on the Directors Google doc as to how many drivers are currently in your lounge come race time, that would be most helpful.

Drivers, if you can be 5 or 10 minutes early to your Division Lounge, that will also help with making sure we get everyone racing and we remain on time!

Cheers

kcheeb

Last edited:

Trying to push into the 37s often results in crashing. 38s seem to be my safe limit. I just don't get it. I'm obviously doing something fundamentally wrong with it. Any suggestions.

Will you be on this evening? Like 6pm EST?

If so I'd be willing to watch you run some laps and try and help you out. I see you drive the F1 and know you got the skills. So something silly has to be blocking your potential. ;)

Endurance Practice Session:
Also doing the 20 minute per race practice session again tonight at 7:30pm. Will be in Div 2 room. We will qualify for the first event and reverse grid for the rest. 5 min practice for 2nd and 3rd race. This practice session format really prepares you for the nights action. So head on over to Div 2 and get yourself dialed in for a great finish tonight. All division racers welcome.

Last edited:
Drivers, if you can be 5 or 10 minutes early to your Division Lounge, that will also help with making sure we get everyone racing and we remain on time!
Please make sure your divisions primary host is in the room first though!

Will you be on this evening? Like 6pm EST?

If so I'd be willing to watch you run some laps and try and help you out. I see you drive the F1 and know you got the skills. So something silly has to be blocking your potential. ;)

Endurance Practice Session:
Also doing the 20 minute per race practice session again tonight at 7:30pm. Will be in Div 2 room. We will qualify for the first event and reverse grid for the rest. 5 min practice for 2nd and 3rd race. This practice session format really prepares you for the nights action. So head on over to Div 2 and get yourself dialed in for a great finish tonight. All division racers welcome.

Thanks. I have a report to work on this afternoon. Will try to get that and dinner out of the way before 6 👍

EDIT: I did ok at Rome but it only has 2 brake zones to work on.

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads!

Happy Father's Day to some of the fastest minivan drivers in the country! :lol:

5309401619_6eca681d0b_z.jpg

Stay on the gas and dont hit the curbs. :)

I guess I have to drive it like a kart and not a car. Just not sure what that means yet. I'll figure it out after a few months of Open-Wheel Shoot Outs.

1. I'm unavailable from 1:00 P.M. EDT to about 19:30 EDT. If you have any questions, please post here and I'm sure you'll get help from any one of our Seasoned S.N.A.I.L.'s :)

2. There's the potential for overflow in the Divisions tonight. Worst case scenario, good problem to have, is listed below. The Divisions I'm most concerned about are D5 & D4. They had an outstanding turnout last week and could very well have another.

D1 - 16
D2 - 13
D3 - 15
D4 - 16
D5 - 19

If you are unable to get into your assigned Division Lounge tonight, please post in this thread. We'll shuffle some drivers to make room and get everyone racing.

Division Directors, if you can keep everyone informed on the Directors Google doc as to how many drivers are currently in your lounge come race time, that would be most helpful.

Cheers

kcheeb
If this becomes a consistent issue could we possibly have something like a div4a or div5a just to ensure everyone gets in. And the points could still go to the appropriate div. just a thought

I guess I have to drive it like a kart and not a car. Just not sure what that means yet. I'll figure it out after a few months of Open-Wheel Shoot Outs.

I think this race is going to be a crash fest. Ill probably be the cause of it. :) Hope not though.

You Rarely Need To Brake. It's Only Necessary On The Last Two Corners. Even Then It's Just Light Braking. And Only Do It In A Straight Line. Make The Steering Inputs As Smooth And Mild As Possible. And Ease On The Throttle While The Wheels Are Turned.
If You Focus In You'll Notice A Rhythm To The Track And Driving It. You Can Also Try Staying On The Throttle During Braking.

On A Related Note. Does Anyone Have A Broken In Kart I Can Use Tonight? I Haven't Been Able To Find The Time To Break Mine in.

Woo Hoo!

May have lined up a G27 from a local guy for $140. :-)

I will need a better stand for a better wheel.

I have the same problem Joey... I don't race enough Karts to understand the differences in driving style. All i know is that i spin a lot.
Today I have a lot to do outside but I will need to find an hour to get some laps done or else the karts will be disaster for me.

Thank you for the father's day cheering. I'm the proud father of a 5 year old brat, terrorist wanna be, pain in the butt over electrified sweet little boy. :D:D:D

1. I'm unavailable from 1:00 P.M. EDT to about 21:30 EDT. If you have any questions, please post here and I'm sure you'll get help from any one of our Seasoned S.N.A.I.L.'s :)

D1 - 16
D2 - 13
D3 - 15
D4 - 16
D5 - 19

Cheers

kcheeb

Good call out, cheeb!

D4 and D5 Directors, I'll be in the Google doc so please post any updates on your room count. If we reach critical mass, I'll assist with an action plan.

If this becomes a consistent issue could we possibly have something like a div4a or div5a just to ensure everyone gets in. And the points could still go to the appropriate div. just a thought

Good idea hooker4, but that would skew the points championship for those divisions a lot. We still have room in the other divisional lounge so I think it's best if we just shuffle things around if needed rather than create new rooms. 👍

Btw, I love your new avatar. It brings back some fond memories.. :sly:

The key to the carts for me is throttle and steering control.

Smooth steering inputs and try to do as few of them as possible. Set you steering angle into the corner and don't change it until the exit.

Learn which corners you can't go full throttle and learn to enter at 80% (or whatever suits you) and stay at that throttle position until you power out.

You can't go balls out the whole way. I hit 36s by knowing when to back off just a little bit and be smooth.

On October 7, 2012 we had 61 drivers racing simultaneously. This is the current S.N.A.I.L. record... There is a strong chance we will break that record tonight!! 👍👍👍 ( I am so excited!!! )

Back