◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
How do you post pictures to the thread? Wanted to show pics of my 100% free wheel stand I made. Lol. The pics are on my phone. Everytime I tru to upload them it says invalid file type.

hooker4
How do you post pictures to the thread? Wanted to show pics of my 100% free wheel stand I made. Lol. The pics are on my phone. Everytime I tru to upload them it says invalid file type.

You need to upload your poctures to imgur or some othe picture website. Then you need the web url, http://www.imgur.com/picture.jpg or whatever. Then make a post here and use the insert picture button.

Easy peasy my friend.
Heres how to use Imageshack
Here is how to post using photo bucket
And here is how with flickr

Of the three, flickr is the easiest, Don't think you even need to make an account. I personally use photobucket, but that is because I've been using photo bucket before there were any other options out there. The best of the three though I'm going to say is imageshack. Gives you a lot more options for publishing your pictures.

2790119892.png

Just called my local Comcrap provider to complain about the bill and ended up with a faster connection and free HBO for $30 less! You can list me as a host but my PS3 is wireless so I would definitely be a last resort. 👍

Thanks nmcp1! I've added you to the TEAM S.N.A.I.L. post (as a last resort ;))

I've got a surprise color for the Lexus if I get to run this week. Even I don't know what color it will be for the race. I have the ultimate color changing paint chip and I'm not afraid to use it.

Ah yes. I've seen said paint. My son has it. Some of colors that come up are amazing.

Your Steward Report for the Week

Division 1

fiestauk / SPEED14231234
  • Race 4 incident
    Level 2 - 5 points doubled to 10 points due to probation.
    8 weeks probation
hillracing / hillracing /gtp_Chilly1
  • Race 4 incident
    Level 4 - 13 points
    4 weeks probation

Division 2

DrKronin / DrKronin
  • Race 1 incident
    Level 1 - 2 points
    1 week probation

FaelForna / FaelForna
  • Race 4 incident
    Level 2 - 6 points
    2 week probation

We had very good turn out and participation from the stewards. Thanks guys!

* * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

I'm not sure about the chip. My boy got a car sent to him with said paint on it. Ill see if he can get a chip and will dupe it and distribute.

Edit:

He has five of them and will dupe them to me tonight.

I will then dupe them too my other two PS3's and this week start sending them out.

If not friends with OwensRacing1 or OwensRacing2 add them and I'll get some sent over.

I think it's worth posting/quoting this one again. It is key to our rules of engagement, often misunderstood, and also easy to mess up by missing brake points or braking too early. Sorry for the length of the post, but it really is worth reading.

There were a few race complaints this week that didn't result in penalties because the ahead driver braked too early and lost rights to the corner at the Point the cars turned in.

The S.N.A.I.L. OLR

07: Corner Rights:

A:
When approaching the turn/apex of turn, the car which "holds" the inner side of turn has entrance-advantage and other driver(s) must refrain from endangering him by his actions.

B:
You must establish substantial overlap with the car ahead before they reach the corner’s turn-in point to have the right to drive up their inside, or to expect them to leave inside room for you. At least the front of your car should be up to the driver’s position in the ahead car. The ahead driver has the right to be fully committed to the racing line of their choice without any interference if there was no substantial overlap before he turned in.

C:
If sufficient overlap is established before the turn-in point, then the behind driver has the right to sufficient side room. The ahead driver must also leave sufficient side room for the behind driver. This means that each driver has a right to their respective "line", or side of the track, right up to the exit point. Neither driver should squeeze the other toward the inside or outside of the corner during the apex or exit.

D:
The turn in point is the point at which the leading car begins their turn into the corner–this may vary from the point at which you turn into the corner.

E:
If an ahead driver has clearly made an error to warrant a passing move, a behind driver may attack their position, with due caution and care, regardless of whether there was any pre-existing overlap. However, the overtaking driver must still avoid contact. Small errors by the ahead driver may not necessarily justify a passing move. The ahead driver getting a bit out of shape at times doesn’t give you an automatic right to force a pass. You still have to pass safely and without undue contact.

F:
Drivers are expected to set buttons up for side views as "I didn't see you" is not an excuse if you collide with another driver when racing.

The Good Racecraft Guide​

Defending & Attacking
An experienced racer will take whatever line he feels necessary into any given corner in order to defend & maintain his place, he is entitled to do so as he has track position over the pursuing driver, remember that the fastest line is not always the winning one. It is the other chaps job to force him into an error, whilst still driving cleanly of course, or wait for one to occur naturally & then take advantage of it, albeit in the proper fashion. An inexperienced racer will, in his endless optimism, tend to stuff it up the inside at every unavailable opportunity when trying to pass, imagining he is driving well but making far too much contact & causing many unnecessary incidents. Also, some lacking in good racecraft tend to drive right up to & into the driver in front, as they do not have the common sense to adjust their throttle & braking to account for following in the slipstream of another. You will notice that drivers who have good racecraft make very little contact when following & passing others on track.

The following is from another forum -ukgpl.com. Same message, with pictures.

Corner Rights

If you watch the odd few GPL drivers in action you might think the rule for corner rights goes something like, " Whatever piece of ground I can barge my way into I have the right to ". Well, ... not so. There is actually an etiquette for corner rights. It's not just for GPL, or racing sims, but is basically the same for every level of real-world motor racing - from Formula Ford to Formula 1 and everything in between. " What ! ", you say. " You mean I don't have the right to throw my car into any gap I see ? ". Actually no, you don't - and if you raced in any real-world competition the way you may race in GPL, instead of being hailed as a motor racing genius you may find yourself banned from even the lowest levels of the sport. Some of the everyday things you see in GPL simply aren't tolerated where real cars are damaged, real money is the cost of repair, and real lives are at risk.

In brief, the concept is, you must establish substantial overlap with the car ahead before a corner's turn-in point to have the right for room to be left for you by the ahead driver. Substantial overlap means at least that the front of your car is up to say the driver's position in the ahead car - and that's at the very least. You probably should have more in many circumstances. The ahead driver has ever right to be fully committed to the racing line of his choice without any interference if there was no overlap before he turned in.

If sufficient overlap is established before the turn-in point, then the behind driver has the right to room. The ahead driver can still battle for the place of course but must do so from a wider-out position, leaving room for the behind driver.

You can see here why overlap established after the turn-in point isn't really valid and therefore isn't honored in car racing rules. Its actually false overlap that's created by the turning movements of the cars. Its not due to one being faster than the other or one out-braking the other. In positions 1, 2, and 3, below, you can see that the Lotus has no overlap at all if you consider the straight ahead direction - shown by the blue lines. But if you take a perpendicular from the attitude of the cars, shown by the red lines, there is some overlap at position 2 and substantial overlap at position 3. This overlap is entirely false of course as the Lotus here hasn't actually out-braked or out-sped the Eagle by any amount what-so-ever - as I hope you can see form this diagram. Unfortunately many drivers think that if they do this they are some kind of out-braking genius, when in fact they are not out-preforming the other driver at all. Its a geometric illusion that has nothing to do with a driver's ability or performance. If they could really out-brake the other, they would have made some overlap before the turn-in point, not after it.
corner_rights_002.gif

1 Before the turn-in point there's no overlap - therefore the Lotus has no right to room or to interfere with the Eagle's normal racing line in any way.

2 But, as often happens, the Lotus sees this empty zone along the inside and thinks they can zoom up into it, probably believing this to be the move of a talented racing genius.

3 Its possible to get apparent overlap after the turn-in point. The point is you shouldn't.

4 The Lotus may actually achieve their objective, forcing the Eagle out wide, who may actually not press the issue for the sake of not crashing - if they can.

5 But, if the Eagle doesn't back away, and holds their line, as they're entitled to do, this is what happens as often as not.
The issue is that the Eagle has the right to be fully committed to the racing line. In this case, the entire inside area ought to have been a no-go zone for the Lotus, who should have tucked in behind and followed the Eagle around. Of course, late braking barge drivers often end up in the hay bails, hopefully without taking you with them.

*There are still 3 spots open for tonight's race. Also we'll be doing a memorial lap for Allan Simonsen before the festivities start tonight.*​

*Picture is a link to all the details*

Ah yes. I've seen said paint. My son has it. Some of colors that come up are amazing.

And some of the colors that come up can be down right annoying to look at. With this in mind, I won't be changing my color to this but I will break it out every now and then just to see what I can get from it.

Some of the stuff I've seen is a bright orange chrome that shifts to a dark green chrome, pink chrome shifting in a striped pattern to blue chrome, sliver chrome with an oil in water effect moving around on the car, matte black shifting to dark blue chrome, and a teal chrome.

I will probably run it once a week or so just for fun and will bring it out for the performance cap racing from time to time.

Hey guys..I tried to post my color combo and number preference and I keep getting this message:

"The following errors occurred with your submission

ffbbs, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: - Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? - If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Whatsup?
Thanx in advance
Rick C.

I'm not sure about the chip. My boy got a car sent to him with said paint on it. Ill see if he can get a chip and will dupe it and distribute.

Edit:

He has five of them and will dupe them to me tonight.

I will then dupe them too my other two PS3's and this week start sending them out.

If not friends with OwensRacing1 or OwensRacing2 add them and I'll get some sent over.

Can you send one to the D1 account too please? :D

Trying to figure out how to upload pics on here. Not very computer savvy.
97879718@N03

97879718@N03

Why isnt it working?

a>

9110285454_6d234541a0.jpg
[/url] New stand by hunterjlee, on Flickr[/IMG]

9110285454_6d234541a0.jpg
[/url] New stand by hunterjlee, on Flickr[/IMG]

ha! Got it sorry about the other posts. This is my new stand I built for free! Its an old laptop stand I found in the garbage

New stand by hunterjlee, on Flickr Another pic of my stand.

9112851546_05b71c9424.jpg
[/url] gt5 005 by hunterjlee, on Flickr[/IMG]
9110631397_1536e65d0f.jpg
[/url] gt5 003 by hunterjlee, on Flickr[/IMG]
9110631777_fe69170d1e.jpg
[/url] gt5 006 by hunterjlee, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,

Back at home now, powers on and everything is dry 👍 What a spectacle, never seen anything like this. Our downtown is out of commission until middle of this week :scared: Amazingly, no one was injured during the flood, seems they did their job evacuating and people didn't do stupid things!

I've got the Drivers List caught up, if there's something amiss, let me know!

Good stuff on the stands hooker and danger :) Necessity (and what you have on hand) is the mother of invention 👍

kcheeb

Hi guys sorry this is slightly random but does anyone know an american girl called lucy wilson from the long beach area? Apparently shes run with you guys last year and would like another run when she gets back across the pond at the end of this week....

Last edited:
Pit Board Update: I have been having a few issues with the craptop and am still engaged in battle with it...:ouch: But as soon I fugure out how to whip it into submission, I will have the PB posted!

Hi guys sorry this is slightly random but does anyone know an american girl called lucy wilson from the long beach area? Apparently shes run with you guys last year and would like another run when she gets back across the pond at the end of this week....

The only girl i know of that used to race here was ms. devious, though I don't know her real name. Someone else might.

Latest Posts

Back