Poll: Your opinion on standard cars

• Thread starter TomBrady
  • 6 comments

What's your opinion on standard cars in GT6?

• I would like to see the 800 standard cars return for GT6, in addition to the 400 or so premium cars

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • I would not like to have standard cars in GT6

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Mass UTC-5
HugoStiglitz_420 and GTP_HugoStiglitz
Let me just clarify, I'm not one of those fanboys who defends a game/developer no matter what. The least of which PD. I honestly call PD's judgement into question often, and I think they are selfish idiots for the disparity between japanese cars, and european cars, and stupid omissions from the premium car list like the Bugatti Veyron.

There are many things like that where I not only disagree with their choices but hate them for it, such as them forcing us to use SRF in seasonals for no reason after 18 months or so of great fun. Things like that infuriate me and make me want to punch someone.

However, the standard cars is an issue where I actually do stand by them. Not their selection of what gets the premium upgrade, but I do defend their existence in GT5, and even in GT6

The way I see it is that they very easily could have only included the 230 or so premiums that GT5 has, or the 400 that GT6, and just not include the standards at all. GT3 was the first on the PS2, and it had under 200 cars, so it would kind of make sense.

I think it's ridiculous to expect them to put in 1000 cars, all premium. With GT4, it was a different story, the models didn't have cockpits, I estimate that's another 50% of work in comparison (total guess), on top of the increase in detail. So the high numbers of cars we were fortunate enough to get in GT2, and GT4, is probably too much to expect from them in my opinion. Especially with such a small development team in comparison to other big racing game makers (Turn 10 has 400 something members, PD only 150)

Because of that, I see the standard cars as a way to preserve the cars we've grown to love in gran turismo, from past GT's that most of us have played.

I can understand someone new to the series seeing it as strange, but that doesn't mean the standards shouldn't be there, or are a bad thing in my opinion.

I would like to ask as well, if GT5 only came with the 230 premiums, would it have been any better?

Also, if GT5 only had 230 premiums, and they offered the 800 standards as a $10-15 DLC, would you not buy it?

That's why I don't see standard cars as a negative, or a weakness, I see them as a bonus, and nothing more.

I don't expect everyone to agree, but I think it's a good way to look at it, because in some ways it's the truth. They very easily could have just given us 230 premiums, and that would've been it.

I also disagree with the idea that standards reduce the overall quality of the game. I find it kind of nit picky to say that the whole game suffers because some of the cars are less detailed. On the track, it's not something you should be thinking about, even if you can tell. I just think it's kind of nit picky to think the whole game is crap just because some of the cars are less detailed. In my opinion it's better to have them than not at all. I don't get why anyone would not ever want to drive any of those cars, there's tons of brilliant cars, that are standards. Some of my favorite rarities that you only find in Gran Turismo like the Tommy kaira ZZII, VW Nardo, Honda NSX-R Prototype Road Car, Nissan R390 GT1, Formula GT, and a ton of race cars as well. All the group B and group C cars are standards, would you really think that the game would be better without them?

I mean seriously, without the standards, WE WOULDN'T HAVE A CATERHAM TO DRIVE!!! And that would be a horrible, horrible crime in my opinion. :)

I am hoping some of the best standard cars become premiums, but I doubt very many knowing the cars PD seems to like. That part of GT6 will probably disappointing, maybe even infuriating, but I still think it's silly to wish they weren't in the game at all.

So I hope some people can maybe, get a different perspective on the whole thing. I believe if you share the same view that I do, you may enjoy GT5 and GT6 a lot more.

Cheers everyone!!!

I don't necessarly have a lot against standard cars, anyone that really understands cars know what the good cars to have are, I just wish they had a better generic interiors, the way they have it now is just too weird for me and I end up reverting back to the old bumper view witch I rather get away from.

I want them to stay of course, there is however already another thread and poll on the subject

I love the standard cars, painted and upgraded every single one of them. I even have driven them more than the premium cars. So the standard cars must be kept.

I want them to stay of course, there is however already another thread and poll on the subject

Yea that sucks. Mine will probably get deleted now even though I'm trying to offer up my perspective more so than just ask people what they want.

I really just wanted to maybe help people get a different perspective on it.

I think some people mistakenly believe that adding standard cars to GT6 makes it "unfinished" when it's in my opinion simply an addition.

I don't necessarly have a lot against standard cars, anyone that really understands cars know what the good cars to have are, I just wish they had a better generic interiors, the way they have it now is just too weird for me and I end up reverting back to the old bumper view witch I rather get away from.

I agree, but I'd still rather them be in GT6 than not. I think generic interiors would be a good idea though. They could have a generic dashboard for each basic car type. The dash could change shape and size to better fit each car, but most importantly each car would all the same wheels and instrument panels at premium quality. That would be much more pleasant than black interiors. Even if we do end up getting sick of the generic interiors, would still be a big improvement in my opinion since I drive exclusively from cockpit view.

There are other threads on the subject (a few, actually), and after this:

I think they are selfish idiots

I fail to see why there's a need for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back