GTP_WRS-Online : 2013 WRS World Cup Team Challenge - Aug 10

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 704 comments
Sorry, a couple admins have a hard conflict at 19:00 GMT so there is no way that's going to work. 20:00 GMT is the start time as originally stated in the interest check thread.

If you look at the new registration image you'll see I've added a column for the team livery which will show a picture of the ZR1 RM in the team colors.

In order to submit an image a team member has to paint the body/rims the desired color and then put the car on share temporarily. Then post here and I'll grab the image from gran-turismo.com and update the registration. Once I grab the image you can take the car off share.

Haven't consulted the rest of Team GB yet, but I had painted the car already. Its on share Tim.

Its Magnetic Blue Metallic rims and Blaze Red body, so red, white and blue, the colours of the Union Jack :) any objections?

Haven't consulted the rest of Team GB yet, but I had painted the car already. Its on share Tim.

Its Magnetic Blue Metallic rims and Blaze Red body, so red, white and blue, the colours of the Union Jack :) any objections?

yes from me :sly: I don't know what eric thinks but I think red white blue would be better fit for team nederland because that is the color pattern of the dutch flag maybe you guys could do bleu top and red down instead ?:sly:

wait who submitted that orange car :confused:

Got the pic. Problem is we have the same colors in the USA. Red/White/Blue.

Going to just have to pick different shades of red. Team USA Blue with have blue body with red rims and Team USA Red will have red body with blue rims.

Anyone on Team USA want to come up with something that doesn't look exactly like this:

Team GB:
Livery_TeamGB.png

yes from me :sly: I don't know what eric thinks but I think red white blue would be better fit for team nederland because that is the color pattern of the dutch flag maybe you guys could do bleu top and red down instead ?:sly:

Nearly every country on the list is red/white/blue so we're going to have to mix it up. Sjaak already submitted liveries for the two Netherlands teams using orange (thank you for that). See the registration image.

Team USA may just have to go with something besides Red/White/Blue because there are just too many of those colors.

Nearly every country on the list is red/white/blue so we're going to have to mix it up. Sjaak already submitted liveries for the two Netherlands teams using orange (thank you for that). See the registration image.

Team USA may just have to go with something besides Red/White/Blue because there are just too many of those colors.

oh ok orange it is that only i do think of running black rims but since i don't see anyone else running orange that wouldn't be much of problem right?

Maybe we'll just put our stamp on the traditional Corvette Racing yellow rather than try and find a combination of the USA and CAN flag that doesn't use red, white, or blue. :lol:

England should just use BRG. :P

Is anyone from Team UK against the idea of British racing green as our team colour? I have it on share.

Hey guys, I lowered the pl to 90.9% to get 650hp, and that is 640pp.👍

Also, I painted a car and put it on share, its Starry blue mica on the body and Rabiata red pearl on the wheels, if Team USA Blue likes it cool, if not, i am open to whatever colors.:) But I did get ahead of myself, and have 3 more that are broken in and painted the same colors, if the guys want them. Just let me know.👍

Orange is fine by me,otherwise I think there will be loads of blue/red/white on the track.
I didn't submit the orange car,but like the colour though.
So whoever did this,what's the exact paint name?:)

Orange is fine by me,otherwise I think there will be loads of blue/red/white on the track.
I didn't submit the orange car,but like the colour though.
So whoever did this,what's the exact paint name?:)

GTP_Sjaak created the orange cars. If you are on his friends list they are still shared (I think). You can borrow them and look at the color name.

On another note I got two livery submissions for the two USA teams:

Livery_TeamUSABlue.png
Livery_TeamUSARed.png

The only problem is the red one looks too much like Team GB:

Livery_TeamGB.png

Hey guys, I lowered the pl to 90.9% to get 650hp, and that is 640pp.👍

The lounge regulations will be set at Max PP = 639PP so the proper PL setting is 90.8%, anything higher will fail inspection.

Also, we've decided on Fuji F and the lap count is tentatively set to 24 laps. That should result in a 40-45 minute race for round 1 including formation and pit stop(s). Tire wear on "Fast".

The details post has been updated to reflect the above.

Last edited:
You can change the Team GB one, Tim. I think Caine meant Team UK when he suggested that colour as he's in that team.

I'm sure Me and the two Pauls can come up with something else, if they don't mind another colour that is. I'd rather have a wide range of colours than trying to match flag colours with different shades from other cars.

OK, we'll grab the blue and red then. I'll reset Team GB and you guys can submit a car.

I think PURE NA is 99% sure we will be using yellow.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but:
In the event I don't get into the GTP_ registry in time, how will my handicap be calculated?

We have confirmation from Vaxen that the next batch will be processed prior to this event. 👍

oh ok orange it is that only i do think of running black rims but since i don't see anyone else running orange that wouldn't be much of problem right?
Yep,black is very nice.
Tim,can I ask to change the pic for team Nederland? :sly:I have the car with the black wheels onshare now.

The orange is Glutorange,I have plenty of them.
Will send to all The Dutch.:)

Yep,black is very nice.
Tim,can I ask to change the pic for team Nederland? :sly:I have the car with the black wheels onshare now.

For some reason I see a blank in the 6th spot and the ZR6 with orange rims is still in the 5th slot:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt5/user/GTP_Sjaak/#profile

EDIT: Nevermind, refreshed page again and it showed up.

Yep,black is very nice.

:tup:Sjaak,I'll send you FR.
Do you want something in return?

I'll put up the Yellow body Red rims ZR1 for Team Belgium shortly if none of my fellow Belgians beat me to it. :)

The practice leaderboard is now live.

I'd also like to propose that we assign everyone a number for the race (you can use whatever number you want until that point). We'll rank all the drivers by handicap (after the last batch is processed in early August) from 1-N and your rank becomes your car number. The registration image should show your rank in the "#" column (after the next refresh). Drivers ranks will be a moving target with new registrations, cancellations and such so don't worry about adjusting the car number until a few days before the race.

I'm not really sure what the Nordic Team's color should be... Maybe a mix of red and blue (purple)?

You could make oink really mad, Joe...just switch to pink for your team! :D

Just a heads-up that our team isn't going to use the one I gave to Tim last night:
...we're going to switch to something without red or blue. Maybe khaki. :dunce:

Back