Praiano's Tunes: Waiting for GT6 & FERRARI ENZO FXX.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7,373 comments
praiano63
All the tunes are my tunes of course. I'm just using the Lion Den's Performance sheet, but with my numbers.
It's just because i broke my computer and the new one don't have office inside, so i can't edit my classic tuning sheet made on excel. That's why i'm using this Lion's model.

><(((((°>°°°°°

Praiano, get yourself a copy of LibreOffice. It is Open Source, completely free and full MS Office compatible. You'll be able to use your old sheets again.

Praiano, get yourself a copy of LibreOffice. It is Open Source, completely free and full MS Office compatible. You'll be able to use your old sheets again.

I'm doing this right now. The problem is that the file is 183MB and my connection was failing before complete download. Now i'm downloading by torent, when my connection go down, torent wait and continue the download where it stop. I hope it'll be ok, i'll see after the job.
Thanks a lot anyway for the info.:)👍

Hi Praiano,

I did try a few of your tunes and I have to say they drive fantastic!
Especially the Alfa romeo Giulia Zagato!

Good Job!

Gio

ALFA ROMEO 147 2.0 TWIN SPARK '02 // 400PP // COMFORT SOFT

Alfa_Romeo-147_5door_2004_photo_01.jpg

alfa147twinspark02-1.jpg

Enjoy your drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°

Hi Praiano I tried this tune and is good fun, reccomended to anyone!

One question do you thing this also applies to the Alfa 147 premium model?
Because I would like to race with it but i cannot find an appropiate setting

Hi Praiano,

I did try a few of your tunes and I have to say they drive fantastic!
Especially the Alfa romeo Giulia Zagato!

Good Job!

Gio
Thanks. Yes , i've tuned the Alfa romeo Giulia Zagato for a friend who race it at Rome but it's a very all around tune. Nice drive.

Hi Praiano I tried this tune and is good fun, reccomended to anyone!

One question do you thing this also applies to the Alfa 147 premium model?
Because I would like to race with it but i cannot find an appropiate setting
Yes you can use the tune for the premium, it's OK too but like for the Nissan R34 Nurb, i prefer the standard model. For the 147 the difference between premiumand ST is not so big.
Have a good night.

SUBARU BRZ S '12 // 400PP // COMFORT SOFT TIRES

xk8f.jpg

Tuner's Notes:
This car is 8:20 at the Nordschleife , almost as fast as the Lotus Elise 111R, very safe and very good driving sensation.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1.

Tuning sheet model : Lion's Den Performance

Power: 187 HP at 6500 RPM
Torque: 153 ft-lb at 6300 RPM

Weight:1230 KG
Ballast: 74 KG
Position: +50
Weight distribution front/rear: 50% - 50%

Parts to Purchase:
Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction 1
Sport Exhaust
Fully Customisable Transmission
Clutch Twin Plate
Flywheel Semi Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Comfort Soft Tires

GT Auto:
Buy New Car Dealership
Don't Change oil never
Drive 300 Km
Front and rear spoilers.

Settings:

General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Downforce :
Front / rear = 00 / 00

Engine:
Power Limiter: 91.1 %

Transmission:
Reset
Set Final gear to 3.700
Set top speed to 180 KMH = 112 MPH
1st: 4.617
2nd: 3.407
3rd: 2.632
4th: 2.113
5th: 1.766
6th: 1.518
Then Final gear again at : 2.505
Max Speed: 255 km/hr = 158 MPH UP RIGHT

Change the top speed adjusting final gear only to fit any track.

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/8
Acceleration: 0/14
Deceleration: 0/18

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -10/00
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 11.5/8.0
Dampers Extension: 8/8
Dampers Compression: 6/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/3
Camber: 2.5/1.8
Toe: -0.04/ 0.08

Brake Balance (front/rear): 7/5

Enjoy your drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°​

Last edited:
MAZDA 110S (L10A) '67// 400PP // COMFORT SOFT TIRES

74gd.jpg

nfy1.jpg

Tuner's Notes:
It's one of the funniest car to drive in GT5, very good driving line ,just take care with weight transfer to don't pas over the rear tires grip if not you spin quickly. It's 8:26 on the nordschleife, with it you can race Online with the front pack , very good top speed, and with style, a lot of style, i love this lines.

Power: 186 HP at 7700 RPM
Torque: 146 ft-lb at 4400 RPM

Weight:1035 KG
Ballast: 199 KG
Position: -50
Weight distribution front/rear: 60% - 40%

Parts to Purchase:

GT Auto:
Buy Used Car Dealership
Oil Change
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window weight reduction
Chassis reinforcement
ECU Tuning
Engine 3
Sport Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sport Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sport
Titanium racing exhaust
Clutch Twin Plate
Flywheeel Semi Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Comfort soft Tires

Settings:

Downforce :
Front / rear = 00 / 00

Engine:
Power Limiter: 98.6 %

Transmission:
Reset
Set Final gear to 4.000
1st: 3.601
2nd: 2.752
3rd: 2.158
4th: 1.744
5th: 1.453
Then Final gear again at : 2.595
Max Speed: 260 km/hr = 162 MPH UP RIGHT

Acceleration: 0/8
Deceleration: 0/40

Ride Height: -10/05
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 10.5/6.0
Dampers Compression: 7/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/2
Camber: 2.0/2.5
Toe: -0.06/ 0.12

Brake Balance (front/rear): 7/4

Enjoy your drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°​

SUBARU BRZ S '12 // 400PP // COMFORT SOFT TIRES

Tuner's Notes:
This car is 8:20 at the Nordschleife , almost as fast as the Lotus Elise 111R, very safe and very good driving sensation.

Enjoying the 400PP Comfort Soft cars, Mr Fish..?? :mischievous: I've enjoyed these cars more than any others that I've built and/or tested in this game. Nothing like eight and a half minutes of bumper-to-bumper racing to get the blood pumping 👍

I personally believe that the premium Series 1 Elise is quicker than the 111R at this PP. 8:26, in my slow hands, from a standing start on cold tyres, that's quick...

{Cy}

Enjoying the 400PP Comfort Soft cars, Mr Fish..?? :mischievous: I've enjoyed these cars more than any others that I've built and/or tested in this game. Nothing like eight and a half minutes of bumper-to-bumper racing to get the blood pumping 👍

I personally believe that the premium Series 1 Elise is quicker than the 111R at this PP. 8:26, in my slow hands, from a standing start on cold tyres, that's quick...

{Cy}

Yes they are very cool cars to drive in a pack .... But i can't go online for the moment, too bad. What are you calling premium Series 1 Elise???

I'm done with the 400PP for the moment, let's increase the power ,volume 100% in my sony headphone..... TODAY IT'S LAMBO DAY ....AVENTADOR DAYYYYYY......:scared::dunce:👍👍👍👍

Yes they are very cool cars to drive in a pack .... But i can't go online for the moment, too bad. What are you calling premium Series 1 Elise???

The series 1 Elise is the '96 one, in the New Car Dealer. It's easier to build this car to 400PP, without using lots of power limiting. Even with a 5-speed gearbox and 200kg over the front wheels, mine will still hit 139-140mph by the Dunlop Bridge 👍

The below was captured on a quiet track, but with tyre wear set to normal and grip reduction to real. Practically a solo lap, with some occasional pressure from the other guys. I think it's possible to go quite a bit quicker in the hands of an Alien. I made mistakes and missed a few crucial apexes...

{Cy}

The series 1 Elise is the '96 one, in the New Car Dealer. It's easier to build this car to 400PP, without using lots of power limiting. Even with a 5-speed gearbox and 200kg over the front wheels, mine will still hit 139-140mph by the Dunlop Bridge 👍

The below was captured on a quiet track, but with tyre wear set to normal and grip reduction to real. Practically a solo lap, with some occasional pressure from the other guys. I think it's possible to go quite a bit quicker in the hands of an Alien. I made mistakes and missed a few crucial apexes...

{Cy}

It's a good car but the 111R is around 4 seconds faster .

I'll publish a tune that i've made the last time we race around the 24H Nurb track.

Have a good day.

It's a good car but the 111R is around 4 seconds faster .

I'll publish a tune that i've made the last time we race around the 24H Nurb track.

Have a good day.

It may be 4 secs faster in your hands, my friend, but not in my slow old hands. You should build one yourself and tell us how fast it is 👍

{Cy}

I'm done with the 400PP for the moment, let's increase the power ,volume 100% in my sony headphone..... TODAY IT'S LAMBO DAY ....AVENTADOR DAYYYYYY......:scared::dunce:👍👍👍👍

Sounds good, I've been waiting a tuned for AVENTADOR in 600P. Using the 640P tune without engine modifications nor aerodynamics and it's good, but one specific would be much better

Regards!

It may be 4 secs faster in your hands, my friend, but not in my slow old hands. You should build one yourself and tell us how fast it is 👍

{Cy}

So i've made the test with your Elise 96 premium, my 111R premium against my ghost of the Subaru BRZ. All the cars setted at 400PP.

Your Elise and my BRZ ghost stick perfectly together all the Nurburgring nordschleife till the last straight. Your Elise is 10 kmh faster than my Subaru, and at the end this represent less 1 second from total laptime.

My 111R take the front 3 seconds away from my BRZ till the end. and 2 seconds faster than your Elise 96. Your car have a better top speed, 10 kmh more.
I've used a 111R with an oil change, builded the normal way.. It goes to 140 HP for 400PP. I have another with 10.000km and dirty oil that reach 144 HP , it must be faster around 1 or 2 seconds.

Subaru BRZ: Time 8:20
Elise 96: Time 8:19
Elise 111R Time 8:17

Your car is fantastic, i never build a 96 like this, it's very safe , the only thing i've found on it is a little understeer entering a medium speed corner. The out is very safe and you can accel very early.
I'll publish my 111R tune tomorrow if i have time, lot of job for the beginning of the summer season here.:ouch:

Congrats. Have a good night.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°

So i've made the test with your Elise 96 premium, my 111R premium against my ghost of the Subaru BRZ. All the cars setted at 400PP.

Your Elise and my BRZ ghost stick perfectly together all the Nurburgring nordschleife till the last straight. Your Elise is 10 kmh faster than my Subaru, and at the end this represent less 1 second from total laptime.

My 111R take the front 3 seconds away from my BRZ till the end. and 2 seconds faster than your Elise 96. Your car have a better top speed, 10 kmh more.
I've used a 111R with an oil change, builded the normal way.. It goes to 140 HP for 400PP. I have another with 10.000km and dirty oil that reach 144 HP , it must be faster around 1 or 2 seconds.

Subaru BRZ: Time 8:20
Elise 96: Time 8:19
Elise 111R Time 8:17

Your car is fantastic, i never build a 96 like this, it's very safe , the only thing i've found on it is a little understeer entering a medium speed corner. The out is very safe and you can accel very early.
I'll publish my 111R tune tomorrow if i have time, lot of job for the beginning of the summer season here.:ouch:

Congrats. Have a good night.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°

Wow, thank you Sir. I wasn't expecting you to run my car 👍

So the '96 wasn't quite as fast as the 111R, but it's did remarkably well in my opinion. Bearing in mind that if you did the same thing in the real cars, the '96 Elise, with it's Rover K-Series engine, would have blown a head-gasket before reaching the finish line..!! :sly:

I'll have a look and see if there's anything I can do about the medium corner understeer. I'm guessing that, as per usual, I'm not quite fast enough to find these little weaknesses.

Thank you once again, my friend, I look forward to your 111R :cheers:

{Cy}

HONDA NSX '01// 450PP // SPORT HARD TIRES

q6os.jpg

Tuner's Notes:
The car is almost stock. Just some few parts like transmission and suspensions. No ballast this time and also the stock weight.
The result is the fastest 450PP road car for the moment at the Nordschleife. 7:44.150.
Very good sensations at the wheel, soft and fast. The stock exhaust is pleasant to hear with this typical NSX noise.

Power: 276 HP at 6400 RPM
Torque: 234 ft-lb at 5500 RPM

Weight:1340 KG
Ballast: 00 KG
Position: 00
Weight distribution front/rear: 45% - 55%

Parts to Purchase:

GT Auto:
Buy Used Car Dealership
Oil Change
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuning Shop:
Clutch Twin Plate
Flywheeel Semi Racing
Adjustable LSD
Sport Hard Tires

Settings:

Downforce :
Front / rear = 00 / 00

Engine:
Power Limiter: 95.3 %

Transmission:
Reset
Set Final gear to 4.400
1st: 3.689
2nd: 2.883
3rd: 2.314
4th: 1.910
5th: 1.625
6th: 1.415
Then Final gear again at : 2.535
Max Speed: 300 km/hr = 186 MPH UP RIGHT

Acceleration: 0/12
Deceleration: 0/18

Ride Height: -05/-05
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 12.0/10.5
Dampers Compression: 7/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/4
Camber: 2.2/2.0
Toe: -0.08/ 0.06

Brake Balance (front/rear): 7/5

Enjoy your drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°​

Last edited:
Wow, thank you Sir. I wasn't expecting you to run my car 👍

So the '96 wasn't quite as fast as the 111R, but it's did remarkably well in my opinion. Bearing in mind that if you did the same thing in the real cars, the '96 Elise, with it's Rover K-Series engine, would have blown a head-gasket before reaching the finish line..!! :sly:

I'll have a look and see if there's anything I can do about the medium corner understeer. I'm guessing that, as per usual, I'm not quite fast enough to find these little weaknesses.

Thank you once again, my friend, I look forward to your 111R :cheers:

{Cy}
You're welcome Cy. I'll publish the 111R later after the job. After the test i did some changes to your tune ,i don't remember the numbers, but it was less rear springs and more (equal) compression dampers ....
Then the car became more agressive and faster in the medium corners. Of course after printing the line throwing the rear over the tires, you need to dose and control a little the weight displacement, but it's faster , as fast as the 111R in the curves.
Let's go cooking, job time, have a good day everybody.
><(((((°>°°°°°

AMUSE S2000 R1 '04 // 500PP SPORT HARD // ONLINE OK

The fastest touge car, above all the others. Pilot car, revealing your skills ,always possible to do a faster lap with this machine, just drive it and you will learn from it.
s2000r1_zpsa9604a46.jpg

toscanatarmac7p.jpg

toscanatarmac8.jpg

Enjoy your drive.

How did you get it to 500pp with 326hp 1120kg? It goes to 507pp with me.

Tune updated, the faster car on the nordschleife in this PP range. Enjoy your drive.

LOTUS ELISE 111R `04 // 420PP // COMFORT SOFT TIRES

NrburgringNordschleife_65.jpg

This car is the 420PP Nurburgring Nordschleife shootout final winner and dedicated to my friend Oshawa Joe that give me the GTPlanet premium account. This is my way to say THANK YOU.

LOTUS ELISE 111R '04 // 420PP // COMFORT SOFT TIRES

Tuner's Notes:
You can use this tune for 400PP too. For this , ,to not use too much power limiter, you never change the oil and race Bspec during 10.000km (By night for example during your sleep for a week.)

Power: 168 HP at 6600 RPM
Torque: 139 ft-lb at 4500 RPM

Weight:920 KG
Ballast: 60 KG
Position: -20
Weight distribution front/rear: 42% - 58%

Parts to Purchase:
Tuning Shop:
Clutch Twin Plate
Flywheel Semi Racing
Adjustable LSD
Comfort Soft Tires

GT Auto:
Buy New Car Dealership
Don't Change oil never
More you'll drive less power limiter you'll use and more HP you'll gain.
Front and rear spoilers.

Settings:

Downforce :
Front / rear = 00 / 00

Engine:
Power Limiter: 82.8 % (in my case, this is not my dirty oil car)

Transmission:
Reset
Set Final gear to 4.400
1st: 3.921
2nd: 3.020
3rd: 2.397
4th: 1.969
5th: 1.652
6th: 1.409
Then Final gear again at : 3.000
Max Speed: 254 km/hr = 158 MPH UP RIGHT

Acceleration: 0/12
Deceleration: 0/22

Ride Height: -10/00
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 4.5/11.0
Dampers Extension: 9/9
Dampers Compression: 8/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/3
Camber: 2.0/2.5
Toe: -0.08/ 0.08

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/6

Enjoy your drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°​

NrburgringNordschleife_66.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_68.jpg

praiano's Elise 111R '04 driven by Mike_gt3

Enjoy your drive, the car is on share.

Hi Praiano,

Thanks for GT5, which for me would be unplayable without your tunes.

I see in you latest posted tune, the Elise 111R, you are using your latest posted technique for tuning the gearbox ( "Here is a simple way to set a gearbox, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8279942#post8279942 )

I have been using this technique instead of the version of the old "tranny trick" I used to use ever since you posted it and noticed my cars all run slightly better with it.

However, there is a line in the instructions I have not been able to figure out how to implement. You say "Check also your power graphic, to match the best RPM range for the max power." Could you, or someone who understands what you mean here, give an example of how you would implement this?

As it is, I assume I've found the right spot when the original "Final Gear" setting, when reduced to the minimum after the "Top Speed" has been set at minimum and the last gear set to maximum, results in a speed where, on the longest straight in the highest gear, the red "gear up" light starts to blink right at the point where I would have to break. (Or as you say, a bit past that in some cases to allow for drafting.) Then I set the other gears to the percentages as you've indicated.

What I'm asking is, what might I see on the power graphic that might change this basic technique and how?

Regards,

Rick

Hi Praiano,

Thanks for GT5, which for me would be unplayable without your tunes.

I see in you latest posted tune, the Elise 111R, you are using your latest posted technique for tuning the gearbox ( "Here is a simple way to set a gearbox, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8279942#post8279942 )

I have been using this technique instead of the version of the old "tranny trick" I used to use ever since you posted it and noticed my cars all run slightly better with it.

However, there is a line in the instructions I have not been able to figure out how to implement. You say "Check also your power graphic, to match the best RPM range for the max power." Could you, or someone who understands what you mean here, give an example of how you would implement this?

As it is, I assume I've found the right spot when the original "Final Gear" setting, when reduced to the minimum after the "Top Speed" has been set at minimum and the last gear set to maximum, results in a speed where, on the longest straight in the highest gear, the red "gear up" light starts to blink right at the point where I would have to break. (Or as you say, a bit past that in some cases to allow for drafting.) Then I set the other gears to the percentages as you've indicated.

What I'm asking is, what might I see on the power graphic that might change this basic technique and how?

Regards,

Rick
Hello, i understand that sometime nobody understand me !!!:) My english is a mix of college souvenir, rolling stones and travels ....:sly:
What i mean by "Check also your power graphic, to match the best RPM range for the max power" is that you must shift at the best RPM to stay in the max power showed on your graphic on the setting panel.

Better than any of my bad explanations , here is a link from the drag tuning forum that explain powerband and shiftpoints very clearly ,with picture and everything. Thanks to Master__Shake_ for this.
1/4 Mile Transmission Tuning for Dummies(Fully Illustrated)

Have a good day.

I've found a place to connect my PS3 to download the GT6 demo. I've tried this afternoon but the 1GB was downloading to slow and messing with the work of other people at the reception of the camping site where i work.
So, i'll do it this night after they close the office, my PS3 will stay all night long inside ,connected to PS Store....:) I think i'll play it tomorrow if everything run OK.
Can't wait to discover the new Physics.

GT6 ><(((((°>°°°°°°° GT6

The good new is that i've dowloaded GT6 Demo and go back to my bungalow a few minutes ago. I've made the 2 cups in 15 minutes , fantastic feeling , really great physics .... I'm in love.
The bad new is that i can't connect the PS3 in the bungalow and i've stopped to the message " YOU NEED TO BE CONNECTED TO PLAY THE GT ACADEMY"
:ouch::ouch::dunce::grumpy:

I'll have to wait for this.... a long time, back to GT5 and the GT6 cups.

Need to find a solution, urgently.

Need to find a solution, urgently.

Would something like this be of any use to you..??

Orange France 3G Mobile Broadband Internet Travellers Kit

I don't really know anything about French mobile phone companies, but do you think you could get hold of one of these dongles and connect over 3G?? I doubt it would be all that good for online racing, but it maybe enough to allow you to connect to the servers so you can at least partake in the GT Academy thing...

{Cy}

Would something like this be of any use to you..??

Orange France 3G Mobile Broadband Internet Travellers Kit

I don't really know anything about French mobile phone companies, but do you think you could get hold of one of these dongles and connect over 3G?? I doubt it would be all that good for online racing, but it maybe enough to allow you to connect to the servers so you can at least partake in the GT Academy thing...

{Cy}

Yes my friend, i know this option, i've already checked, but i'm in the middle of nowhere ,15 km from the city of Avignon, close but far enough to not have 3G here, even the net from the camping site is via radio.
To connect a computer you must give a user name and a password and it give you a bad connection for 1 week in my case.
I've tried to connect the PS3 with an ethernet cable sharing the connection from my computer but no way too.
I can see the name of the wireless connection from the PS3 but i don't have the option to enter name and password. It open a special web page on the computer...
I think i'll have to wait to go back in Brasil in october, or i'll wait for the game.

Anyway, what i've felt from the 2 first cars , FF and FR 370Z, the physics are excelent even stock. This will be a great game for sure. No doubt about it.

Congrats to PD, waiting for the full GT6 now. Still playing GT5 for the moment.

><(((((°>°°°°°°

Back