Praiano's Tunes: Waiting for GT6 & FERRARI ENZO FXX.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7,373 comments
mp7
hi praiano,

seeing the pictures in the last post the nissan 370Z came to my mind (same picture theme). knowing your endless lists of requests, I still wanted you to see this one again. was/is a top ten car. so no request from my side, just a hint to a great car in this game

enjoy
m

So, boring days will be. :grumpy:

Stand by for the moment ,sorry, i'm travelling for work, i hope i'll be back to my wheel in a week or 2.:indiff:👍

Stand by for the moment ,sorry, i'm travelling for work, i hope i'll be back to my wheel in a week or 2.:indiff:👍

Sure , my friend :) , we ever forget the tuning is an hobby for you but to survive is necessary a real job......;).

We' ll wait your come back to wheel......👍

Bye

Tuners/Followers, Ill make an android app update as soon as I can which should capture all of Mr. P's work up until now. Hopefully it will keep all'yall going for a while :)

Here is a simple way to set a gearbox.
gearboxe.jpg

I’ll not talk about ratio numbers because they change all the time depending of the parts installed on your car.

So , as you can see on the picture below, we are going to use %.

gearssettingpanel.png

This % will place the cursor on an exact point on the setting panel.

1) For a given car on a given track, you have to reach the max speed the car will go on this track.
Check also your power graphic, to match the best RPM range for the max power.

2) Then do like this:
-RESET
-SET FINAL GEAR APPROXIMATELY AT 70% TO BEGIN (set round numbers like 4,800 or 4,900 ….5,000…)
-SET TOP SPEED TO MINIMUM
-SET LAST GEAR TO 100%
-THEN SET FINAL GEAR AGAIN TO 0%

Go on track and test if the Top speed of your car is ok. You must reach your max speed at the faster point of the track at the ideal max power/rpm. ( you can let a little margin for draft if needed depending of the online room setting you’re racing and kind of circuit).

Repeat this procedure till you find the ideal setting. Of course ,the last final gear setting don’t need to be exactly at 0% , but a value as low as possible is needed for a better performance.

3) After you have the top speed OK and your final gear as low as possible, then you can set the others gears.

You have 2 possibilities: GRID STANDING START OR ROLLING START

-ROLLING START: set your 1st gear to 0% and spread the others intermediary gears heavenly between first and last gear.
Example for a 6 gearbox = 0% - 20% - 40% - 60% - 80% - 100%

- STANDING START: Set your first gear between 0% and 100% till you find the good point where your car will perform a good start, without wheels spinning or not too much, and without the RPM falling down too low ,loosing power.
After you’ll find the setting point for your first gear, then spread the others intermediary gears heavenly between first and last gear.
Example for a 6 gearbox :

= 0% - 20% - 40% - 60% - 80% - 100%
or
= 50% - 60% - 70% - 80% - 90% - 100%
or
=100% - 100% - 100% - 100% - 100% - 100%

Everything will depend of the position of your 1st gear.

gearssettingpanel.png

I hope I was clear enough, if someone want to edit this in a better English with better pictures….. I will be glade.
Just need to practice and you will set a perfect gearbox in 5 minutes without thinking about how to do.

Have a good drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Last edited:
The master at work. :lol: I just stretch my transmissions to each track, but your setups work amazing as well. I guess I'm just a bit on the lazy side. I was looking through your forum and I saw you hadn't posted a tune for the Chrysler Prowler '02. I've got friends who race these at 500 PP races with downforce on Racing Soft Tires and they smoke everybody. I don't know what their tune was but I was curious as to if you could ever create a tune for the Prowler at 500 PP with Racing Soft Tires? I thought the Prowler looked better without a rear spoiler so I don't race mine downforce. Much Thanks to the tunes you've created so far. You ever want anything let me know. I keep an eye out for my friends and mentors. 👍

Praiano,

This is the first time I have sent you a message, but I just want to let you know I love your tunes and thanks for all your great work. I always use your tune as my baseline when it is available. I have learned a lot about tuning from your tunes and I only started playing recently. I never bothered saying thanks before because I figured you were long since gone from this game. So thanks and great work.

Good evening Praiano,I know your away from your wheel for a week or two because of work.this is my first post on gt planet. Found your garage about a month ago and started reading it from the beginning. Really really good stuff in here. Thanks for all your tunes and your hard but enjoyable work I'm sure. You've helped bring me along way ith my driving I use a ds3.just started driving with no aids 3 weeks ago and I'm sure would have given up if not for ur tunes and tutoring . Thanks again. Maybe since ur away from ur wheel and if you have your laptop and the time you could give us a tune of the week like you did last year when you couldn't drive for awhile. Just a suggestion. Thanks again for everything. Hope to talk more with you I have lots off gt5 questions.And thanks for teaching me gearboxes that sunk in to my hard brain. Like u always say, I can now tune a gearbox in 2 minutes.

The master at work. :lol: I just stretch my transmissions to each track, but your setups work amazing as well. I guess I'm just a bit on the lazy side. I was looking through your forum and I saw you hadn't posted a tune for the Chrysler Prowler '02. I've got friends who race these at 500 PP races with downforce on Racing Soft Tires and they smoke everybody. I don't know what their tune was but I was curious as to if you could ever create a tune for the Prowler at 500 PP with Racing Soft Tires? I thought the Prowler looked better without a rear spoiler so I don't race mine downforce. Much Thanks to the tunes you've created so far. You ever want anything let me know. I keep an eye out for my friends and mentors. 👍

Thanks. I have a tune for the prowler 500PP on sport tires but i've never published it..... don't know why because i remember it was a fun car. I'll check it again.
I have a 500PP racing soft tune that i used to drive with some brasilian friends online, it was a lot of fun really. Generally i don't tune or drive this kind of cars that's why i don't have so much in my garage.
Check it, sure you'll like it LOTUS 111R `04 // 500PP // RACING SOFT

Praiano,

This is the first time I have sent you a message, but I just want to let you know I love your tunes and thanks for all your great work. I always use your tune as my baseline when it is available. I have learned a lot about tuning from your tunes and I only started playing recently. I never bothered saying thanks before because I figured you were long since gone from this game. So thanks and great work.

You're welcome, you're doing the right thing, my tunes are just a solid base to build a personal car more adapted to your own driving style.
Using the setting panels A-B-C just copy and paste then you can try to explore some news directions following your driving feeling and come back to the base in case of wrong way. It was very difficult before PD create this setting panels, i wrote a lot of tuning notes first when they didn't exist.....
Anyway, have fun and enjoy your drive.

Good evening Praiano,I know your away from your wheel for a week or two because of work.this is my first post on gt planet. Found your garage about a month ago and started reading it from the beginning. Really really good stuff in here. Thanks for all your tunes and your hard but enjoyable work I'm sure. You've helped bring me along way ith my driving I use a ds3.just started driving with no aids 3 weeks ago and I'm sure would have given up if not for ur tunes and tutoring . Thanks again. Maybe since ur away from ur wheel and if you have your laptop and the time you could give us a tune of the week like you did last year when you couldn't drive for awhile. Just a suggestion. Thanks again for everything. Hope to talk more with you I have lots off gt5 questions.And thanks for teaching me gearboxes that sunk in to my hard brain. Like u always say, I can now tune a gearbox in 2 minutes.

Thanks for this, yes i can present my personnal tune of the week, there is so many cars i really love to drive. I'll do this in the next post.

Thank you, my friend! 👍

You're welcome friends, happy if it help !!!!!

While i'm not tuning and driving, i would like to present some of my best cars, not always the faster but a car that have something really special , that will bring you closer to the sensation i'm looking for when i play GT.

This week, i'll present this lotus. Only 400PP car but one of the best driving sensation of the game. Car tuned to be driven by a beginner or a super alien.

First, increase final gear to have a short gearbox adapted to Eiger Nordwand Track.
Go there and try to do your best time with comfort soft first, then when you feel OK, low your grip session after session till comfort hard tires.

This is a perfect way to discover how to drive fast a MR car having a lot of fun.
><(((((°>°°°°°°

While i'm not tuning and driving, i would like to present some of my best cars, not always the faster but a car that have something really special , that will bring you closer to the sensation i'm looking for when i play GT.

This week, i'll present this lotus. Only 400PP car but one of the best driving sensation of the game. Car tuned to be driven by a beginner or a super alien.

First, increase final gear to have a short gearbox adapted to Eiger Nordwand Track.
Go there and try to do your best time with comfort soft first, then when you feel OK, low your grip session after session till comfort hard tires.

This is a perfect way to discover how to drive fast a MR car having a lot of fun.
><(((((°>°°°°°°

LOTUS ELISE TYPE 72 // 400PP // COMFORT TIRES

What a great car! Had a blast driving it. Figured out I could take a wider line thru long sweeping turns to combat under steer because of my driving style and not using aids anymore only abs1 with the comfort medium and comfort hard .then I could have constant lap times. Would softening front spring rate also reduce under steer for harder tires? Thanks for keeping me smiling with these fun cars.

Big thanks for the handy reference! :)

Your contribution to the community is phenomenal! 👍 👍

You're welcome my friend, i'm happy if this help some GTPlayers to enjoy more and more this game.
Personally i always find anything to not get bored. Tuning cars is a game in the game.
This is the best way to wait for GT6...:)👍

What a great car! Had a blast driving it. Figured out I could take a wider line thru long sweeping turns to combat under steer because of my driving style and not using aids anymore only abs1 with the comfort medium and comfort hard .then I could have constant lap times. Would softening front spring rate also reduce under steer for harder tires? Thanks for keeping me smiling with these fun cars.

Very good, this car is pure driving pleasure. It was tuned with Comfort soft tires. It's so well balanced that you can drive it easily with harder tires, but it 's only for the fun, like an exercise or learning practice.
Lower is the grip, more specific the tune have to be. Weight transfer must be soft and balanced .

Have a good day.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°

Praiano is the best!!!
Where would we all be without Praiano???

For me to have half a chance in races like the online-monaco or time-trials, I used to have to drive stupidly aggressive (slipping everywhere, bumping other cars, cutting corners - was more like GTA than GT5). But since I discovered the links to Praiano`s tunes & setups the game is now for me much much more fun.

Thank you so so much!!!

Praiano is the best!!!
Where would we all be without Praiano???

For me to have half a chance in races like the online-monaco or time-trials, I used to have to drive stupidly aggressive (slipping everywhere, bumping other cars, cutting corners - was more like GTA than GT5). But since I discovered the links to Praiano`s tunes & setups the game is now for me much much more fun.

Thank you so so much!!!

Thanks for the kind words. Don't forget to test some other cars , here for example: https://sites.google.com/site/gt5tune/main

A lot of very good people building very good cars ....👍:)

Hi praiano,

After the install the GT update patch, the Ford GT40 69'
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6222374#post6222374

Oversteer a lot in the "Ring"

Please help and fix it, so that it can race with GT500 (600pp) counterpart.

Thanks!
Hello. The GT40 '69 is really different from the others FORD GT. The link for the tune is broken, i need to do another one anyway. perhaps at a lower PP this time.... Need to explore some other tuning option for this car.
Perhaps next week.👍:)

here is a simple way to set a gearbox.
gearboxe.jpg

i’ll not talk about ratio numbers because they change all the time depending of the parts installed on your car.

So , as you can see on the picture below, we are going to use %.

gearssettingpanel.png

this % will place the cursor on an exact point on the setting panel.

1) for a given car on a given track, you have to reach the max speed the car will go on this track.
Check also your power graphic, to match the best rpm range for the max power.

2) then do like this:
-reset
-set final gear approximately at 70% to begin (set round numbers like 4,800 or 4,900 ….5,000…)
-set top speed to minimum
-set last gear to 100%
-then set final gear again to 0%

go on track and test if the top speed of your car is ok. You must reach your max speed at the faster point of the track at the ideal max power/rpm. ( you can let a little margin for draft if needed depending of the online room setting you’re racing and kind of circuit).

repeat this procedure till you find the ideal setting. of course ,the last final gear setting don’t need to be exactly at 0% , but a value as low as possible is needed for a better performance.

3) after you have the top speed ok and your final gear as low as possible, then you can set the others gears.

You have 2 possibilities: grid standing start or rolling start

-rolling start: Set your 1st gear to 0% and spread the others intermediary gears heavenly between first and last gear.
Example for a 6 gearbox = 0% - 20% - 40% - 60% - 80% - 100%

- standing start: Set your first gear between 0% and 100% till you find the good point where your car will perform a good start, without wheels spinning or not too much, and without the rpm falling down too low ,loosing power.
After you’ll find the setting point for your first gear, then spread the others intermediary gears heavenly between first and last gear.
Example for a 6 gearbox :

= 0% - 20% - 40% - 60% - 80% - 100%
or
= 50% - 60% - 70% - 80% - 90% - 100%
or
=100% - 100% - 100% - 100% - 100% - 100%

everything will depend of the position of your 1st gear.

gearssettingpanel.png

i hope i was clear enough, if someone want to edit this in a better english with better pictures….. I will be glade.
Just need to practice and you will set a perfect gearbox in 5 minutes without thinking about how to do.

Have a good drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

congratulations once again praaino63
everything in detail:tup:

Hello. The GT40 '69 is really different from the others FORD GT. The link for the tune is broken, i need to do another one anyway. perhaps at a lower PP this time.... Need to explore some other tuning option for this car.
Perhaps next week.👍:)

Thanks, I will wait for your good news!

In fact, I think this car is the fastest among 600pp race car.

Hi praiano, Do You Know What Are The Fastest Cars in Nürburgring nordschleife for 400 and 450pp?

Thank you.

You'll find some HERE

450PP - SH
07:45.635 - LOTUS 111R '04 - 450PP/SH (Praiano)
07:48.331 - HONDA S200 TYPE V (US) '01- 450PP/SH (Praiano)
07:48.462 - LANCIA STRATOS '73 - 450PP/SH (mike_gt3/Praiano63)
07:49.829 - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R, Type A (FD) 02 - 450PP/SH (Johnnypenso)
07:50.600 - RUF 3400S '00 - 450PP/SH (Praiano)

400PP - CS
08:19.950 - Toyota MR2 G-Limited '97 - 400PP/CS (mike_gt3/Praiano63)
08:29.497 - Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2 Seater (S130) '78 - 400PP/CS (MrGrado)

Some other because the post is not updated:

07:46.234 - Scion FR-S 12' - 450PP/ SH Tires (Johnnypenso) NEW

07:46.146 - Spoon S2000 Race Car 00' - 450PP/SH (Johnnypenso) NEW

07:47.352 -AUTOBACS GARAIYA '02 - 450PP/SH (Praiano) NEW

07:50.553 -AUDI TT COUPE 3.2 QUATTRO '07 - 450PP/SH (Praiano) NEW

08:23.682 -MAZDA ROADSTER RS (NC) '07- 400PP/CS -NEW (Praiano)

Hey praiano63 , only your setups and stock cars in my garage, thanks for all the hard work.

You're welcome, enjoy your drive. Hello to all the GT fans in Slovenia. I see you're also a Kitesurfer. I'm living in the kitesurf paradise here in Paracuru Brasil.

Come to see us , wind all year long ,hot water and waves......

I'm going to play GT5 again next week and planning right now what will be my first tune....:)👍

Does the NASCAR tune for tune for the Ford Fusion work for other non-Ford NASCAR race cars?

It's an old tune that don't work so good anymore. I have a new that i'll publish next week . I did it for the Nordschleife Lap Times Leaderboard a few weeks ago. I think the nascars same brand/years are very close if not the same.
Personally i prefer the 2011 Carl Edwards #99 FUSION , at least for road
course, i don't drive ovals.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°

BMW M3 COUPE '07 // 550PP // RACING TIRES-ONLINE OK.

Another fast 550PP , 6'38" on Nurburgring Nordschleife online.

bmwm3coupe07550pp.jpg

Pictures by slowGTR.
pdJeCxktZ6vafjm8Ovh_0.jpg

40ASJLgbspKeOgEp44_0.jpg

gsCzngOALkabvjpHJRO_0.jpg

ENJOY YOUR DRIVE.​

Hi Praiano ,wellcome back after a long time.....:)👍.

Yesterday ,during an online race in High speed ring , this car powered maybe by a rocket..... was incredibly competitive in 650 pp class and only after a strong battle I won with your wonderful McLaren F1-94 with 650pp.
Do you know what kind of tune has permitted same performance ?

Very High performance both in acceleration and speed........:eek:

Bye and thanks

Back